Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok so your on a Travel Team from lets say 3rd Grade till Varsity and you spend approximatley $4000 a year with Tournaments, Fall/Winter League & Hotels/Food, which is a low cost. After all is said and done your kids still doesn't get a Fantasy Parshall Scholarship but you already could have paid for his college yourself. Does this make sense to anybody, all these teams need to bring there prices down. This is turning into a big business not for the kids.

I am not doing this so my sons or daughter can go to college. They enjoy the sport, they need more than PAL can offer them at this point and they have been excelling- which is a bonus. If they happen to get some sort of scholarship because they do well enough when they are entering college years- then that is even better. I allow them to play travel lacrosse because it keeps them focused, hard working, off the streets and off the video games. They learn to organize their schedules to fit in their practices, school work and social lives. They learn to make commitments and sacrifices. They meet friends outside of their town and they grow from the whole experience. As parents we enjoy travel lacrosse, hockey and soccer. We have made so many friends over the years through these sports and we enjoy traveling as a family and with our friends. I will miss the years when we do not have week ends home or away to cheer our kids on.