Originally Posted by Anonymous

These responses are pretty enlightening: 1) wait till 11th grade, that is when the cheating stops or does not matter; 2) I know better; 3) your kids stinks and you are salty. Some people know the violators. They have decided a win in 5th grade is more important than their reputations. This thread is appreciated because it puts out front a real issue in the game and lets these clubs/coaches know that despite what they want to think, the community knows, and their reputations are on the line. I get it, to a few people on this board, this slippery activity is OK. I think this reflects on you and I suspect and hope you are in the far minority, but with a loud voice.

Unfortunately youth lacrosse is permeated with daddy coach / former players that use every single advantage possible to get their kid into any advantageous position possible (hold backs, start early, coach town team, move their kids to teams where friends coach, have their kids play on several teams, you don't like your kids standing on a team.... just create a new team). Worst part about youth lacrosse is the parents. No kid is coming home after school saying... "Mom, can i repeat 8th grade? I will look like a stud against kids a year younger"