Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow, you really can't please everyone - especially lax parents!

The cost is reasonable for what it is. Is it a money grab if your son wants to get recruited and the coach was in attendance? No. I stood next to coach Tillman and Petro and watched the 2020/2019 games. Plenty of coaches roaming the sidelines. My son is a 2020 and got to experience competition against top level talent, to date kids he's never played against (all the 2019 kids in particular).

As for the final roster, the previous poster was spot on - these are the same kids who win spots at the top clubs in the area, and are often the best players from the team. For kids that got passed over, they have a whole summer to grind and work on impressing. Some kids simply didn't play to their potential, some kids got stuck on teams that couldn't win possession and others got stuck with me ball players. All to be expected.

Congrats to the kids that made the team!

My son had a great time as well. It was legit. Not a bad price for the experience. Of course it was a capitalist exercise - I mean a money grab - but the value was there. Helped,f course, that he was a long stick and they seemed to get plenty of PT and suffer less from "showcase ball".