BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,518
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 128 of 327 1 2 126 127 128 129 130 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
New Yellow Jacket team:
Smithtown South
Actually, this is a refreshing development. For more than a year, BOTC has been littered with comments that the program has been a closed group - the so-called "family and friends" package. Now, you see new players coming into the program and moving up the rankings which should be taken as a positive by the lacrosse community at large.

I get your point cage but that would be true if what these pot stirrers were saying is true but the whole FAF nonsense was played out a long time ago.
You must be a FAF.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cooks team is not a developmental team. The better girls will stay with her, the others were moved to Harney's team. No, my daughter is not on either. Just insider knowledge. But really, who cares the girls are playing, they are happy so lets move on!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cooks team is not a developmental team. The better girls will stay with her, the others were moved to Harney's team. No, my daughter is not on either. Just insider knowledge. But really, who cares the girls are playing, they are happy so lets move on!!!
We'll see when they're playing in Conn next summer against the weak YJ north pgm and not at Lax For the Cure in NJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to disagree. Last year parents were upset that she was a no-show for some tournaments and practices. Sounds like a developmental team to me. I don’t think that would fly with one of the better teams. I think she also coaches an older team that is very good, so maybe you just have to wait and see if she will bring this team up to that level. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you should check it again. that is not the order listed on website.
Go to the coaches link. They have them in order there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing that you people actually raise children. who cares smithtown or FAF it will all come out in the wash . A year change is not the end of the earth. These kids are all friends and you sir are an idiot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not too sure of that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does it matter if she missed some practices or tournaments. Bert was hardly there at all, does that make his team developmental. We were talking the team itself. Just thought you would want some info that comes from within. Guess not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every year it will be a new group of kids you find problem with

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh and you think this was by accident We will see this summer

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So says the Smithtown parent....yes some do but others are just as talented and did not get the benefit of the FAF. Not a put down to the Smithtown contingent(many are well deserved) but stating the obvious that they got the benefit of the doubt. Good to be from Smithtown on 2019.
I bet 2019 Blue will be undefeated this year.

so when they lose, be ready for the comments, some not so nice. Not saying it's right, but be prepared.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They mix up the order on purpose for whatever reason. The order the other poster listed I believe is correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue is a talented team, yes. Are there kids on there who could still be interchanged with team b and even c, yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So says the Smithtown parent....yes some do but others are just as talented and did not get the benefit of the FAF. Not a put down to the Smithtown contingent(many are well deserved) but stating the obvious that they got the benefit of the doubt. Good to be from Smithtown on 2019.
I bet 2019 Blue will be undefeated this year.

so when they lose, be ready for the comments, some not so nice. Not saying it's right, but be prepared. [/quote

Do you actually think this was posted by a YJ parent, guaranteed it was posted by some moron trying to stir the pot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am going to go out on a limb and say I am the FAF group my children are excited to be on berts team and meet a bunch of new girls. WE wish all of our friends and enemies on carros team good luck, you have a wonderful coach and i have no dout you will be successful. Have a very happythanksgiving.
Jennifer Mitchell

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am going to go out on a limb and say I am the FAF group my children are excited to be on berts team and meet a bunch of new girls. WE wish all of our friends and enemies on carros team good luck, you have a wonderful coach and i have no dout you will be successful. Have a very happythanksgiving.
Jennifer Mitchell

Wish you the best of luck, you guys will be missed but we will see you at the fields. Don't listen to the ignorant comments on here , and I know my kids will keep in touch w the girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in 2018 - After Rose, does anyone know the exact order (highest to lowest) of the other teams (Gradidei, Rosen, Jones and Mills)? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rose, Grazedei, Jones, Mills, Rosen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown parents go figure
Good move by Carro to dump the FAF and bring up the Smithtown girls. We now have a true BLUE team!
Good luck to those parents on Berts team that have to deal with the FAF group.
IThey weren't dumped. Supposably they asked to be placed on Berts team. Regardless, it's a great thing for Carro. On top of it he gets an excellent assistant. This team is going to be awesome!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in 2018 - After Rose, does anyone know the exact order (highest to lowest) of the other teams (Gradidei, Rosen, Jones and Mills)? Thanks

Now I know where all the girls at the TG tryouts ended up. There was enough girls to make 5 or 6 teams at TG2018 tryouts, they kept it at 3 teams. That's about a $60,000 swing from SS to CR.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good move by Carro to dump the FAF and bring up the Smithtown girls. We now have a true BLUE team!
IThey weren't dumped. Supposably they asked to be placed on Berts team. Regardless, it's a great thing for Carro. On top of it he gets an excellent assistant. This team is going to be awesome!
getting close to college time and everyone knows YJ parents are in it for themselves so if they think a team switch is what is needed they will ask. YJ might have FAF but most of the sidelines are not friends

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now I know where all the girls at the TG tryouts ended up. There was enough girls to make 5 or 6 teams at TG2018 tryouts, they kept it at 3 teams. That's about a $60,000 swing from SS to CR.

If that's the case how come your top team is middle of the road never having won any actual tournament. Real number at your tryout was under 100 , closer to 85.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
getting close to college time and everyone knows YJ parents are in it for themselves so if they think a team switch is what is needed they will ask. YJ might have FAF but most of the sidelines are not friends
So every parent should be able to ask for a team switch if they feel it’s needed? Why bother having tryouts, just include a team preference option on the registration form. It’s sad that some people feel they’re entitled just because they’re somehow connected to someone in the organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dont think that really happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A little lost, what is FAF?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are an idiot. Many reasons to ask if your kid could move down a team. Maybe your daughter is not playing the position she loves, doesn't like the coach, doesn't like the kids or she wants to play more. By moving her down, there are more opportunities available to her. There is no entitlement involved. Good parents do what is best for their kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friends and Family...please try and keep up lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carro good coach not too sure about all your other opinions but summer will tell. Not too sure if Smithtown was the way too go

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a newbie to girls LAx and the obvious passion and competition between travel programs (or shall I say pissing contests here on some of the forums), my child is a 2021 and a fairly new player (1 year, but has progressed due to athleticism and desire to get better because she loves the sport so passionately ). Reading this forum makes me hesitant to join any of these teams. But as a Varsity Head Coach (of another sport) and my own success as an athlete, I know the focus will be on helping my daughter keep focused on what is truly important and helping my daughter to understand and realize that sport is a process of self-improvement and the self-satisfaction that comes with that. That will be my job as a parent.

Financially I can afford to provide her with opportunities to participate and fortunately my daughter is realistic about where she stands skills wise (as am I) and understands that the benefit lies in the practice and playing with better competition will make you better. I also understand that the possibility of discouragement exists, but as a parent I must remind her that the goal is to improve and be observant enough to show her how she is improving week to week. I must model how to set realistic goals for herself that she can realistically reach, and help her celebrate those achievements in small but meaningful ways.

I am sure we will end up on a "developmental team" but isn't every team a developmental team until they get into High School?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are an idiot. Many reasons to ask if your kid could move down a team. Maybe your daughter is not playing the position she loves, doesn't like the coach, doesn't like the kids or she wants to play more. By moving her down, there are more opportunities available to her. There is no entitlement involved. Good parents do what is best for their kids.
I guess if she can’t get along with the other kid’s or the coach, then maybe you should request to move her down. Hopefully she’ll get along with the kids on the new team and like the coach as well, because if you keep moving down each year you’re going to run out of teams to put her on. I also don’t see how moving down would get you more playing time, unless you feel you’re entitled to that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excellent answer , or just move to TG where you can not only pick what team you get to play on but what age you get to play at. "Sorry but my kid is a superstar and will only play w older kids because the kids her age are terrible."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have all you people lost your minds. Ok 100 percent agree with the coach whos kid just started. That is the way things are supposed to happen ,but see you have parents on here that have not a clue . The moving down why is that any of your business. I see only one person that actually stood by their words.Why are you attacking a 11yr old girl .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a newbie to girls LAx and the obvious passion and competition between travel programs (or shall I say pissing contests here on some of the forums), my child is a 2021 and a fairly new player (1 year, but has progressed due to athleticism and desire to get better because she loves the sport so passionately ). Reading this forum makes me hesitant to join any of these teams. But as a Varsity Head Coach (of another sport) and my own success as an athlete, I know the focus will be on helping my daughter keep focused on what is truly important and helping my daughter to understand and realize that sport is a process of self-improvement and the self-satisfaction that comes with that. That will be my job as a parent.

Financially I can afford to provide her with opportunities to participate and fortunately my daughter is realistic about where she stands skills wise (as am I) and understands that the benefit lies in the practice and playing with better competition will make you better. I also understand that the possibility of discouragement exists, but as a parent I must remind her that the goal is to improve and be observant enough to show her how she is improving week to week. I must model how to set realistic goals for herself that she can realistically reach, and help her celebrate those achievements in small but meaningful ways.

I am sure we will end up on a "developmental team" but isn't every team a developmental team until they get into High School?

It sounds like you have the right mind set and are going to be fine.. forums like this are a mix of good information and internet tough guys/girls who put everything and everyone down. continue to do whats best for your kid and keep yourself grounded..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regardless of club, sport, geographic location, etc.... the universal costant is that the adults are always the root of the problem. The kids already know mom and dad are nuts so they do just fine, wouldn't worry about my kid's experience. If your coach turns out to be a bonehead, then switch clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excellent answer , or just move to TG where you can not only pick what team you get to play on but what age you get to play at. "Sorry but my kid is a superstar and will only play w older kids because the kids her age are terrible."

Its good to be King

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

isn't that what a 2015 Y.J. goalie did. Poor thing has to play her age this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

isn't that what a 2015 Y.J. goalie did. Poor thing has to play her age this year

Thats right. That YJ goalie played UP her whole travel life. Goalies usually do in MS and HS but on travel they should play age appropriate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello, do you people have any idea what your talking about?! Seems not. Of course the goalie has to play with her age group, YJ goes to 11th grade. If she wants to play, she has to play with 2015, her graduating year.

This forum is nothing but whiners and complainers. And for parents who think "my kid is the best". Back of the cage, get rid of your forum and go back to being informational. It breeds nothing but animosity. Team sports are about the kids, not their parents egos. Everyone should get a grip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats right. That YJ goalie played UP her whole travel life. Goalies usually do in MS and HS but on travel they should play age appropriate.
isnt this one already committed? seems like it worked out for her and cr

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello, do you people have any idea what your talking about?! Seems not. Of course the goalie has to play with her age group, YJ goes to 11th grade. If she wants to play, she has to play with 2015, her graduating year.

This forum is nothing but whiners and complainers. And for parents who think "my kid is the best". Back of the cage, get rid of your forum and go back to being informational. It breeds nothing but animosity. Team sports are about the kids, not their parents egos. Everyone should get a grip.
I think the animosities already existed without the help of BOC. In one of the previous post, someone spoke of having enemies on the team. I don’t think that kind of statement is derived from comments made on BOC, it seems to have come from some other festering issues. My daughter is in HS and has been playing sports since kindergarten. In all of that time, there have been parents on some of these teams they I didn’t quite care for and parents that I’ve forged lasting friendships with, but I never considered anyone my enemy. I agree with the previous poster, the parents need to let go of their egos and get a grip.

Like Reply Quote
Page 128 of 327 1 2 126 127 128 129 130 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard