BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts388,053
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Girls 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
New Balance All-America games are 1/3 of the cost of American Select. These games used to be called the Under Armour All-America Games. The senior game for this event is televised live on ESPN and the best players across the country participate in it. American Select is a pure money grab unless your daughter is on the top team, which is black for LI.

Irrelevant here. It is not a 2029 graduation year event, so it is no alternative for what's already being offered. It also attracts no attention unless you're a 91 fanboy.

Further, please allow me to offer a bit of advice with regard to listening to those "it's just a money grab" voices you hear after EVERY event is offered. I can DEFINITIVELY say that that my daughter's acceptance into these exhibitions/camps/showcases/select teams has absolutely put her in front of the right people and has led to being recognized and considered for a key position on her school's team and for some other important things.

You are completely out of your mind. But you are probably trying to justify the thousands of dollars you spent on these events. No college coach is looking at 2029s. None. They are working on 2025 and will start to heavily look at 2026s this summer. Signing up for the all American select team in 7th grade is a money grab. Plain and simple. If you think your high school coach is giving your kid playin time based on her selection for the 2029 all Long Island games you are out of your mind.. Most likely your daughter is getting playing time because she is a good player. Her selection to to the all Long Island games has nothing to do with it.

While nobody has ever made the argument that colleges are watching 7th graders, you could absolutely take a look at the sports recruits page of any D1 committed 12th grader and see that they were collecting resume bullets all the way back in 2017. These things matter. They pave the way and get your foot in the door.

Also, you can't dismiss the fact that being a return participant/applicant for one of these programs has an effect on participating again in the future for the years that do attract college attention. Being a participant now does absolutely get you preferential treatment for future endeavors, both within that program and within its affiliate networks.

Whether it's a school coach or a select team coach, sometimes already being validated by another program helps make the decision between two prospects.

No matter your position on the worthiness of these events, they certainly have more merit than sitting on the couch and playing video games as you mutter that everyone else is wasting their money. Experiences are experiences.

If you want to spend thousands on these events in 7th grade then go for it. I have no issue with what people spend their money on. My point was simple. These events at this age have no value when it comes to recruiting later on. No college coach is going to care you got selected to the All American select games in 7th grade. And your point kind of solidifies my argument. If getting selected one year gives you preferential treatment shouldn’t it just be the best players selected? My kids continually get “invites” to Apex games etc. They have never even tried out.

College coaches are paid to be at these events. And if you notice it’s always assistants at these events. It’s a side hustle for them because they don’t make any money. That’s how they market it. This is my 4th kid in travel. Based on my experience there’s way more value in spending money on propspect days as they get older. Your kid will get a much better look than a few minutes of playing time on a team with a roster of 25. And like I said…..they aren’t looking at any 7th, 8th or even 9th graders.

It’s like anything else- if your kid is on TGA this year, she’s more likely to be on TGA again next year, partially because “they got it right” by flagging her as the best at the position, partially because she’s someone the team can already rely on as a loyal participant in the program and she’s given them no reason to look elsewhere. Same applies to all of these select teams. It’s an error in logic to assume that a girl who was reinvited isn’t also a good selection.

APEX is the bowels of girls lacrosse. You put four girls through travel and didn’t realize that? Their spam is not an invite. A true “invite” for these types of showcases involves complimentary participation and doesn’t occur frequently at this age.

The Apex comment was sarcasm. Obviously you aren’t very bright. Carol Rose and her friends from Steps literally own this event(and the 2 biggest lax events over the summer) They are laughing all the way to the bank. The black rosters are literally 98 percent yellow jackets. I know multiple girls who weren’t selected when with top guns, jesters etc and then switched to yellow jackets and then magically made the black team the next year. She will never put a top guns person on the black roster due to her longstanding feud with Shannon Smith. The same applies for the all Long Island games (another carol rose/flg owned event)

And again you are still deflecting. No college coach is looking at your 7th grade girl. And no college coach will care that your daughter was selected to the black team in 7th grade.

It's annoying to communicate with someone that makes up facts and makes pompous comments only to pretend that they were sarcasm. There are too many notions to correct here, so I'll start with the obvious:

The black LI American Select rosters are not "literally 98 percent" Yellow Jacket. They are 78 percent Yellow Jacket.
The Long Island Games for 2029 DID have a Top Guns girl selected in the first round of announcements.
There is no deflection. Nobody here, including me, has made the point that a college coach is looking at 7th graders. The point is that the things you involve yourselves in today result in opportunities for tomorrow. It's funny that if all of the collusion and corruption that you allege was 100% true, then YOU WOULD BE MAKING THE SAME POINT.

Enjoy having the last word if you wish. As you've resorted to name calling, this will be my last response.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Balance All-America games are 1/3 of the cost of American Select. These games used to be called the Under Armour All-America Games. The senior game for this event is televised live on ESPN and the best players across the country participate in it. American Select is a pure money grab unless your daughter is on the top team, which is black for LI.

Irrelevant here. It is not a 2029 graduation year event, so it is no alternative for what's already being offered. It also attracts no attention unless you're a 91 fanboy.

Further, please allow me to offer a bit of advice with regard to listening to those "it's just a money grab" voices you hear after EVERY event is offered. I can DEFINITIVELY say that that my daughter's acceptance into these exhibitions/camps/showcases/select teams has absolutely put her in front of the right people and has led to being recognized and considered for a key position on her school's team and for some other important things.

You are completely out of your mind. But you are probably trying to justify the thousands of dollars you spent on these events. No college coach is looking at 2029s. None. They are working on 2025 and will start to heavily look at 2026s this summer. Signing up for the all American select team in 7th grade is a money grab. Plain and simple. If you think your high school coach is giving your kid playin time based on her selection for the 2029 all Long Island games you are out of your mind.. Most likely your daughter is getting playing time because she is a good player. Her selection to to the all Long Island games has nothing to do with it.

While nobody has ever made the argument that colleges are watching 7th graders, you could absolutely take a look at the sports recruits page of any D1 committed 12th grader and see that they were collecting resume bullets all the way back in 2017. These things matter. They pave the way and get your foot in the door.

Also, you can't dismiss the fact that being a return participant/applicant for one of these programs has an effect on participating again in the future for the years that do attract college attention. Being a participant now does absolutely get you preferential treatment for future endeavors, both within that program and within its affiliate networks.

Whether it's a school coach or a select team coach, sometimes already being validated by another program helps make the decision between two prospects.

No matter your position on the worthiness of these events, they certainly have more merit than sitting on the couch and playing video games as you mutter that everyone else is wasting their money. Experiences are experiences.

If you want to spend thousands on these events in 7th grade then go for it. I have no issue with what people spend their money on. My point was simple. These events at this age have no value when it comes to recruiting later on. No college coach is going to care you got selected to the All American select games in 7th grade. And your point kind of solidifies my argument. If getting selected one year gives you preferential treatment shouldn’t it just be the best players selected? My kids continually get “invites” to Apex games etc. They have never even tried out.

College coaches are paid to be at these events. And if you notice it’s always assistants at these events. It’s a side hustle for them because they don’t make any money. That’s how they market it. This is my 4th kid in travel. Based on my experience there’s way more value in spending money on propspect days as they get older. Your kid will get a much better look than a few minutes of playing time on a team with a roster of 25. And like I said…..they aren’t looking at any 7th, 8th or even 9th graders.

It’s like anything else- if your kid is on TGA this year, she’s more likely to be on TGA again next year, partially because “they got it right” by flagging her as the best at the position, partially because she’s someone the team can already rely on as a loyal participant in the program and she’s given them no reason to look elsewhere. Same applies to all of these select teams. It’s an error in logic to assume that a girl who was reinvited isn’t also a good selection.

APEX is the bowels of girls lacrosse. You put four girls through travel and didn’t realize that? Their spam is not an invite. A true “invite” for these types of showcases involves complimentary participation and doesn’t occur frequently at this age.

The Apex comment was sarcasm. Obviously you aren’t very bright. Carol Rose and her friends from Steps literally own this event(and the 2 biggest lax events over the summer) They are laughing all the way to the bank. The black rosters are literally 98 percent yellow jackets. I know multiple girls who weren’t selected when with top guns, jesters etc and then switched to yellow jackets and then magically made the black team the next year. She will never put a top guns person on the black roster due to her longstanding feud with Shannon Smith. The same applies for the all Long Island games (another carol rose/flg owned event)

And again you are still deflecting. No college coach is looking at your 7th grade girl. And no college coach will care that your daughter was selected to the black team in 7th grade.

Am I wrong or did Top Guns simply not participate in any of the events listed on the LILJ webpage, the list they note that they used for scouting girls for the All Long Island Games? Sounds like a “duh” moment to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's annoying to communicate with someone that makes up facts and makes pompous comments only to pretend that they were sarcasm. There are too many notions to correct here, so I'll start with the obvious:

The black LI American Select rosters are not "literally 98 percent" Yellow Jacket. They are 78 percent Yellow Jacket.
The Long Island Games for 2029 DID have a Top Guns girl selected in the first round of announcements.
There is no deflection. Nobody here, including me, has made the point that a college coach is looking at 7th graders. The point is that the things you involve yourselves in today result in opportunities for tomorrow. It's funny that if all of the collusion and corruption that you allege was 100% true, then YOU WOULD BE MAKING THE SAME POINT.

Enjoy having the last word if you wish. As you've resorted to name calling, this will be my last response.

You said that todays top recruits were building theirs resume from 7th grade on. You also said these events have an impact on your high school coaches decisions. All silly statements. Best line is it’s not 98 percent yellow jackets. It’s only 78 percent yellow jackets. That’s great. All black teams have the most 4 non yellow jackets. This age is different because spallina is the coach of 91. If he wasn’t you wouldn’t see a 91 girl on the All American select hazel team…..no matter how good she was. I’m glad this is your last post. You are obviously new to this game. Have fun in Delaware.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is your statement that started the whole thing

“I can DEFINITIVELY say that that my daughter's acceptance into these exhibitions/camps/showcases/select teams has absolutely put her in front of the right people and has led to being recognized and considered for a key position on her school's team and for some other important things.”

I rest my case

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the guy(s) responding to that parent. He's bitter his kid didn't get put on the black team. There's nothing you can say to make him change his mind about how awful the event and programs are now. This is not worth your time.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the guy(s) responding to that parent. He's bitter his kid didn't get put on the black team. There's nothing you can say to make him change his mind about how awful the event and programs are now. This is not worth your time.

That’s always the comeback. You are just mad your kid got cut. I actually didn’t even have my daughter try out. Why? Because I spent almost 800 bucks on a similar type event for my son in 7th grade. He was even selected to the “all star game “ After going through the recruiting process with him I now realize it was a waste of money. All his college coach cared about was his current film (10th and 11th) and most importantly his grades. If my son would have sent him video of his 7th grade performance his college coach probably would have laughed.

Like I said before I have no issue with people who decide to do these events. My issue was with the original poster who said it was putting her kids in front of the right people in 7th grade and “building her resume” She also said it was having an impact on her high school coaches decisions to play her kid. Both are absurd statements.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mind boggling that someone assumes every reply to him is the same person

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the varsity/junior varsity rules about roster hopping from one level to another and where I can find it in writing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s always the comeback. You are just mad your kid got cut. I actually didn’t even have my daughter try out. Why? Because I spent almost 800 bucks on a similar type event for my son in 7th grade. He was even selected to the “all star game “ After going through the recruiting process with him I now realize it was a waste of money. All his college coach cared about was his current film (10th and 11th) and most importantly his grades. If my son would have sent him video of his 7th grade performance his college coach probably would have laughed.

Like I said before I have no issue with people who decide to do these events. My issue was with the original poster who said it was putting her kids in front of the right people in 7th grade and “building her resume” She also said it was having an impact on her high school coaches decisions to play her kid. Both are absurd statements.

No desire to go back and read this thread but didn’t this guy say his kid made red not black and he declined?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No desire to go back and read this thread but didn’t this guy say his kid made red not black and he declined?

Negative. That was a top guns parent who declined the red invitation.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the varsity/junior varsity rules about roster hopping from one level to another and where I can find it in writing?

Not sure where you can find in writing but I do know you cannot play a game for both teams in the same day but you can play for both teams. In other words, you can't play two games in one day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a B Yellow Jackets team? Jesters and Igloo don’t have competitive teams, right? Or Liberty I guess - who does have a good 2028. Wonder if there will be any movement pre season for a few girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a B Yellow Jackets team? Jesters and Igloo don’t have competitive teams, right? Or Liberty I guess - who does have a good 2028. Wonder if there will be any movement pre season for a few girls

You're in the 2029 thread.

Visit US Clublax's site for rankings for whichever year you're looking for and you'll see how they rank. Should be able to identify which the B teams are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to media night at susa yesterday? We were in and out in 20 minutes. Expected it to be much longer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 29s get invited to play in the All LI game 48?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year was 48 ish I believe, this year is around 106 players is what I counted.
Event has lost all merit and is now solely about bringing in the $$$$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year was 48 ish I believe, this year is around 106 players is what I counted.

This is event has always been a money grab. Now they just have more suckers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this event absolutely never had any merit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. I assume Wink got complaints about almost all the girls being on 91 or YJ A and decided to make two more teams. Cha - ching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. I assume Wink got complaints about almost all the girls being on 91 or YJ A and decided to make two more teams. Cha - ching.

The girls that were chosen for LILJ Games (initially at least) were all girls that participated in the events that are listed on the LILJ webpage as being events that you could attend to be considered for the LILJ Games. If you stayed home for these money grabs, just keep staying home for the ones they lead to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$300 for a day of lacrosse with some good competition on the field, and it includes some photos for grandma. Merit enough for me. Keeps my kid off of TikTok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the numbers that big at all ages?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girls that were chosen for LILJ Games (initially at least) were all girls that participated in the events that are listed on the LILJ webpage as being events that you could attend to be considered for the LILJ Games. If you stayed home for these money grabs, just keep staying home for the ones they lead to.

That is totally 100 percent absolutely false. My daughter and many of her teammates that got selected never went to an LILJ event…..ever. That’s just their way of taking more money from you. If you like the event then go have fun. But one thing you can’t do is act like this event is a collection of the best talent on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437904 Yesterday at 01:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is totally 100 percent absolutely false. My daughter and many of her teammates that got selected never went to an LILJ event…..ever. That’s just their way of taking more money from you. If you like the event then go have fun. But one thing you can’t do is act like this event is a collection of the best talent on Long Island.

Not only is this probably impossible, but it’s a really strange position to take. Your kid was supposedly chosen, without an inkling of it possibly being due to Wink brand loyalty, yet you criticize it not being a true collection of talent. Bizarre.

I know someone is going to do the math on this one and figure out if it’s even possible for any of the girls who were selected to have not attended a wink event (pretty sure that 100% of the “initial” string of girls are easily identified as having participated in LILJ covered/affiliated events).

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437930 Yesterday at 12:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not only is this probably impossible, but it’s a really strange position to take. Your kid was supposedly chosen, without an inkling of it possibly being due to Wink brand loyalty, yet you criticize it not being a true collection of talent. Bizarre.

I know someone is going to do the math on this one and figure out if it’s even possible for any of the girls who were selected to have not attended a wink event (pretty sure that 100% of the “initial” string of girls are easily identified as having participated in LILJ covered/affiliated events).

It’s not a take it’s just a fact And if you want to dispute it’s actually even worse on the biys side Most of the boys did not attend any “LILJ” events . There’s almost no boys events except the college bound experience to get “evaluated”. Sorry you spent 500 bucks on the college bound experience. A lot of us didn’t and are still going.

The fact you called it a “Wink” event makes it seem that you are affiliated with them or you are Mike himself. Don’t worry Mike, you will still make a ton of money.

Like Reply Quote
Team BOTC #437934 Yesterday at 01:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
92 Girls selected for LILJ Games.
Of these girls, approximately 75 were publicly named as either being part of the Excelsior Games tryouts or the College Experience on the LILJ instagram page (LILJ events) OR they are part of a team that played in the Fall Queen of Long Island (another LILJ event). Girls were not double counted.

There are additional girls that were chosen that participated in the Players Open and the High School Winter League.

If your daughter has never participated in a LILJ covered event and she has been chosen for the LILJ games she has beaten the odds.
If "many of her teammates that got selected never went to an LILJ event" the math and facts do not support that.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437941 Yesterday at 03:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of these girls, approximately 75 were publicly named as either being part of the Excelsior Games tryouts or the College Experience on the LILJ instagram page (LILJ events) OR they are part of a team that played in the Fall Queen of Long Island (another LILJ event). Girls were not double counted.

There are additional girls that were chosen that participated in the Players Open and the High School Winter League.

If your daughter has never participated in a LILJ covered event and she has been chosen for the LILJ games she has beaten the odds.
If "many of her teammates that got selected never went to an LILJ event" the math and facts do not support that.

I have no fight in this. But it’s so obvious you are affiliated with this event. There no way you would have that info unless you were on the inside. You also never responded to the boys side where there are almost no youth boys events

“Beaten the odds” is the best line ever. Who knew the All Long Island Ganes was like the Hunger Games. I wonder if “Wink” will come out and say “May the odds forever be in your favor”.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437948 Yesterday at 04:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s not a take it’s just a fact And if you want to dispute it’s actually even worse on the biys side Most of the boys did not attend any “LILJ” events . There’s almost no boys events except the college bound experience to get “evaluated”. Sorry you spent 500 bucks on the college bound experience. A lot of us didn’t and are still going.

The fact you called it a “Wink” event makes it seem that you are affiliated with them or you are Mike himself. Don’t worry Mike, you will still make a ton of money.

This is dishonest.
Every one of the girls selected for LILJ games is on a team that participated in a LILJ affiliated event within the past year and a half. And let me remind you, the initial comment is that “many of her teammates that got selected never went to a LILJ event…ever.” Well, here are the receipts.

Queen of Long Island is a LILJ event. It’s one of the events posted on the LILJ site that another poster directed you all to as a list of places “to be seen and considered” for the LILJ games. The LILJ games selections all come from: YJ, Igloo, Empire, Tradition, 91, Jesters, Legacy, and Top Guns and every one of them registered and attended Queen of the island in 2023. Empire attended the season prior.
This alone negates every word you’ve said in your venom-spitting session.

However, as an earlier post pointed out, there is a large percentage of girls identified on instagram as having been present in independent LILJ/Wink events. “A lot of us didn’t” attend LILJ events is simply statistically untrue. In fact, it’s 100% the opposite.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437952 Yesterday at 05:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have no fight in this. But it’s so obvious you are affiliated with this event. There no way you would have that info unless you were on the inside. You also never responded to the boys side where there are almost no youth boys events

“Beaten the odds” is the best line ever. Who knew the All Long Island Ganes was like the Hunger Games. I wonder if “Wink” will come out and say “May the odds forever be in your favor”.

Is Winkoff the only one that can visit the instagram page and count girls from each program? Wouldn’t someone who’s affiliated have been more likely to respond about the boys’ side? There’s a stretch in logic and truth in the LiLJ animonsity comments.

Like Reply Quote
Team BOTC #437960 Yesterday at 07:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pay up for the instagram post while wink laughs his way to the bank.

Like Reply Quote
Team BOTC #437980 Yesterday at 10:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have one question. Top guns 2029 black is ranked 8th in the country. They participated in the queen of the island last year. Why weren’t any of them selected for the all Long Island ganes last year or this year ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437986 10 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have one question. Top guns 2029 black is ranked 8th in the country. They participated in the queen of the island last year. Why weren’t any of them selected for the all Long Island ganes last year or this year ?

There are seven Top Guns selected for the All Long Island Games this year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437996 9 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are seven Top Guns selected for the All Long Island Games this year.

Reading comprehension isn’t your strong point. I said last year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard