Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many 29s get invited to play in the All LI game 48?

Last year was 48 ish I believe, this year is around 106 players is what I counted.
Event has lost all merit and is now solely about bringing in the $$$$.

this event absolutely never had any merit

Agreed. I assume Wink got complaints about almost all the girls being on 91 or YJ A and decided to make two more teams. Cha - ching.

The girls that were chosen for LILJ Games (initially at least) were all girls that participated in the events that are listed on the LILJ webpage as being events that you could attend to be considered for the LILJ Games. If you stayed home for these money grabs, just keep staying home for the ones they lead to.

That is totally 100 percent absolutely false. My daughter and many of her teammates that got selected never went to an LILJ event…..ever. That’s just their way of taking more money from you. If you like the event then go have fun. But one thing you can’t do is act like this event is a collection of the best talent on Long Island.

Not only is this probably impossible, but it’s a really strange position to take. Your kid was supposedly chosen, without an inkling of it possibly being due to Wink brand loyalty, yet you criticize it not being a true collection of talent. Bizarre.

I know someone is going to do the math on this one and figure out if it’s even possible for any of the girls who were selected to have not attended a wink event (pretty sure that 100% of the “initial” string of girls are easily identified as having participated in LILJ covered/affiliated events).

It’s not a take it’s just a fact And if you want to dispute it’s actually even worse on the biys side Most of the boys did not attend any “LILJ” events . There’s almost no boys events except the college bound experience to get “evaluated”. Sorry you spent 500 bucks on the college bound experience. A lot of us didn’t and are still going.

The fact you called it a “Wink” event makes it seem that you are affiliated with them or you are Mike himself. Don’t worry Mike, you will still make a ton of money.

This is dishonest.
Every one of the girls selected for LILJ games is on a team that participated in a LILJ affiliated event within the past year and a half. And let me remind you, the initial comment is that “many of her teammates that got selected never went to a LILJ event…ever.” Well, here are the receipts.

Queen of Long Island is a LILJ event. It’s one of the events posted on the LILJ site that another poster directed you all to as a list of places “to be seen and considered” for the LILJ games. The LILJ games selections all come from: YJ, Igloo, Empire, Tradition, 91, Jesters, Legacy, and Top Guns and every one of them registered and attended Queen of the island in 2023. Empire attended the season prior.
This alone negates every word you’ve said in your venom-spitting session.

However, as an earlier post pointed out, there is a large percentage of girls identified on instagram as having been present in independent LILJ/Wink events. “A lot of us didn’t” attend LILJ events is simply statistically untrue. In fact, it’s 100% the opposite.