BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 56 of 63 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 62 63
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Speaking of Millon. Why is it that no stats sites post players DOB? I know it's not a big deal in college. Why is it so hidden? Embaressment? Asking foe a friend.

The reason is, that Duke did it and the uproar was heard everywhere . It was hilarious the amount of on age to their college year players there was,,,in hilarious, how few.

It was eye opening to me, as I heard for years how it was only a few, that was a big falsehood tale

I remember looking thinking, Is there anyone on age ...I did find a few

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updates from Next Level Invitational? I believe TC and NL were both playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of Millon. Why is it that no stats sites post players DOB? I know it's not a big deal in college. Why is it so hidden? Embaressment? Asking foe a friend.

Lacrosse has a problem with holdbacks and they do what they can to keep it in the dark,
Maybe it is because people realize this information is irrelevant and protected PII that has no business being published on the Internet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did look at other sports and colleges and many do list the DOB for players. They also list where they grew up and who their families are. I guess that's not protected information.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updates from Next Level Invitational? I believe TC and NL were both playing.
TC went 0-3 NL went 3-1

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lacrosse has a problem with holdbacks and they do what they can to keep it in the dark,
Maybe it is because people realize this information is irrelevant and protected PII that has no business being published on the Internet.

Thanks Holdback dad, It was a simple question, For many years it was right there on their bio, no big deal. Now, with lacrosse leading the way ( I know others do it too) but lacrosse has a much higher % of impact players held back by a mile !

Frankly it works to a degree, how else are you going to make a 5-9/10 little above average athletic player a great player. Hold him back early to get all the attention he would not have with being slightly above average.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For many years it was right there on their bio, no big deal.
"No big deal"

It sounds like you studied Info. Sec. at one of those bankrupt Trump colleges.

What is the benefit of displaying DOB to anyone other than to satisfy whiney parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Holdback dad, It was a simple question, For many years it was right there on their bio, no big deal. Now, with lacrosse leading the way ( I know others do it too) but lacrosse has a much higher % of impact players held back by a mile !

Frankly it works to a degree, how else are you going to make a 5-9/10 little above average athletic player a great player. Hold him back early to get all the attention he would not have with being slightly above average.
I thought the holdback thing was fixed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somebody didn't have a good early spring tournament run this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML already lost one player. they wont make NL but maybe they all go to DCE. which brings that 29 BLC team back together.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One ML starter already left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this parent related or organization?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't it always the parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like a rumor to me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourney Machine is not correct. TC was 1-2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who did they beat? LE, NL, or RH Nat?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LE......and Tourney Machine has fixed it now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won the AAA play in game today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team Maryland

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yesterdays results?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thi
Who is doing the World Series this year?

No one from DMV, we hide behind the HOCO league as a reason we can’t play but reality is too many egos would be hurt if we played on age for once and lost to the teams up North. Sad but true.

Inferiority complex?!?! Feel free to stay “up North.”

Inferiority? Not at all, quite the opposite. The only way your teams can compete with us is by playing holdbacks. So you guys cheat and refuse to show up for a tournament that is on age. You’re sad.

What a boring argument. NY, CT, and MA teams have plenty of academic holdbacks, "late starts" and "pre holdbacks" where the kid is literally playing a year younger than his current grade because parents will "hold him back in the future."

And if you want to pick on the MD HS clubs, namely 91MD and Crabs, let's look under the hood and see all the Philly to MA boarding school kids, almost all holdbacks, who play for Crabs and 91 MD. Why in the world does a 18 year old HS sophomore at a boarding school in New Hampshire need to be on the roster for 91 MD?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team Maryland
So Team Maryland goes to AAA and Predators Black goes to AA right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the beginning of the HOCO season who ya got in these games

Hawks Vs Preds
FCA vs Legends
NL vs Madlax Cap

And Team 91 will remain undefeated because they don’t play this weekend due to a bye

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thi
Who is doing the World Series this year?

No one from DMV, we hide behind the HOCO league as a reason we can’t play but reality is too many egos would be hurt if we played on age for once and lost to the teams up North. Sad but true.

Inferiority complex?!?! Feel free to stay “up North.”

Inferiority? Not at all, quite the opposite. The only way your teams can compete with us is by playing holdbacks. So you guys cheat and refuse to show up for a tournament that is on age. You’re sad.

What a boring argument. NY, CT, and MA teams have plenty of academic holdbacks, "late starts" and "pre holdbacks" where the kid is literally playing a year younger than his current grade because parents will "hold him back in the future."

And if you want to pick on the MD HS clubs, namely 91MD and Crabs, let's look under the hood and see all the Philly to MA boarding school kids, almost all holdbacks, who play for Crabs and 91 MD. Why in the world does a 18 year old HS sophomore at a boarding school in New Hampshire need to be on the roster for 91 MD?

Well said! My son plays on a national team with kids from Prime Time and Two Way. Parents admit holdbacks are an issue in NY and CT as well. One of the dads was considering enrolling his son in a private school and having his son repeat 7th grade.

I’m not judging either way but pretending holdbacks are exclusively a Maryland phenomenon is ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am judging. Why hold back a kid for a small piece of the pie which will lead to an offer to play for a school with a small percentage of athletic scholarships (12 Scholarships total), that are all ready split up among most of the active roster, which carry over 50 players. And the cherry on top is that a commitment does not mean you will make the roster in the first, 2nd or third year. As of right now high schools do not pay players to play, they might offer financial aid but that does not guarantee they will get anything college. Once in college their H.S. coach can't do or won't do anything. Just saying. Let the kids play and have fun and everything will take care of itself. #growthegame #mentalhealthmatters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD cannot field a team without holdbacks. You can point “up North” and deflect all you want, I’m not saying you’re wrong. But this is a fact; MD cannot field a WS team with only on-age kids. Obviously NY, PA, NJ, MA and CT can.
That. Is. Irrefutable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand the constant comments about the WS. Does it even matter any more since True took control of the tournament a few years ago? Honestly - I've only met a few folks that care about the World Series of Youth Lacrosse - and they generally have a financial stake in it or are the parents of kids that are going through this process for the first time. The WS is on par with a typical Aloha tournament. NAL, NLF, NXT all run much more competitive tournaments, that are "on-age" for 2029s and generally policed pretty well.

Holdbacks are everywhere. They'll be back in 9th grade at our son's 2029 level. Folks can debate it, or say its not right. But it's like arguing if the sun is going to rise in the east or set in the west. Holdbacks aren't going anywhere.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-adults-of-the-youth-lacrosse-world-are-getting-rather-nasty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD cannot field a team without holdbacks. You can point “up North” and deflect all you want, I’m not saying you’re wrong. But this is a fact; MD cannot field a WS team with only on-age kids. Obviously NY, PA, NJ, MA and CT can.
That. Is. Irrefutable.

They can, and do, just don’t give two craps about that particular event. If that is too hard for you to understand so be it. Go back to your board and spout your nonsense somewhere else “up North” guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WS is another money maker for the people that run it. Marketing at it's best. All the tournaments are money makers. There is a reason for so many of them being available. If it didn't make money they wouldn't exist. That's the reality. Lacrosse clubs are not winning prize money from winning tournaments. They get a medal, hat, shirt, and even a maybe a trophy. Tell me of a tournament organizer that does it for the game first then profit second. Many tournaments are cancelled because not enough teams ($$$$$) are registered. This is a business and it has to be seen like that all the way down to the vendors paying to rent space, back door deals to keep the cost down and increase the margins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks Vs Preds
FCA vs Legends
NL vs Madlax Cap

And Team 91 will remain undefeated because they don’t play this weekend due to a bye

Hawks 16 - Preds 4
FCA 10 - Legends 9
NL 13 - Madlax 8

How will playing with a shot clock impact scores for this level? I imagine a little more scoring probably.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks Vs Preds
FCA vs Legends
NL vs Madlax Cap

Hawks 16 - Preds 4
FCA 10 - Legends 9
NL 13 - Madlax 8

How will playing with a shot clock impact scores for this level? I imagine a little more scoring probably.

Most of these teams played with a shot clock in warm up tourneys and i really didn't notice too much of a difference. I would say 1 or 2 shot clock violations a game. I really like the shot clock edition. I think all clubs have experienced either having one player run around like a mad man for kill time when they're up or chasing that person like a mad man if they were down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That. Is. Irrefutable.

It's 100% not irrefutable. The fact is that MD "Elite" coaches care waaaay more about the Howard County Spring League than they do WSYL. I get it, you NY'ers are envious of the premier spring lacrosse league in the country.

My kid plays for one of these nationally ranked, top teams and the coach is unwilling to miss the opening weekend. So my son, like a bunch of other kids that I know, will play for a PA based team during the Sunday qualifiers this weekend.

The ONLY "Elite" Maryland club that is fielding a WSYL team is True Chesapeake because they requested and were granted a bye from HOCO for week 1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That. Is. Irrefutable.

It's 100% not irrefutable. The fact is that MD "Elite" coaches care waaaay more about the Howard County Spring League than they do WSYL. I get it, you NY'ers are envious of the premier spring lacrosse league in the country.

My kid plays for one of these nationally ranked, top teams and the coach is unwilling to miss the opening weekend. So my son, like a bunch of other kids that I know, will play for a PA based team during the Sunday qualifiers this weekend.

The ONLY "Elite" Maryland club that is fielding a WSYL team is True Chesapeake because they requested and were granted a bye from HOCO for week 1.

The only reason True plays in WSYL is because they own the tournament. No one else cares. It is not what it used to be...and is pretty much a joke now. Have fun watching your son play for the PA-based team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares about the World Series of Lacrosse - tell em your a holdback Dad without telling us you’re a holdback Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That. Is. Irrefutable.

The only reason True plays in WSYL is because they own the tournament. No one else cares. It is not what it used to be...and is pretty much a joke now. Have fun watching your son play for the PA-based team.

True will True and bring in their best players from their national system and claim they are on the Chesapeake roster. Probably still won’t win.

PA team will be just fine. Baltimore, NY and southern NE are within 100 miles of Philly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That. Is. Irrefutable.

100% false!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 16 - Preds 2: No surprise....Hawks dominated ever facet of the game. Preds is gonna struggle in Elite. Hawks looked sharp.

Crabs 8 - FCA 6: Were FCA kids on Spring Break? Looked like they had only 16/17 players as a team. Lots of injuries? Crabs offense wasn't pretty, but scored a lot of transition goals. Big loss for FCA.

Next Level 10 - Madlax 6: Madlax came out flying out 5-1 in first quarter and never looked back. Madlax looked very sharp and disciplined on offense. Next Level will rebound and get it together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 16 - Preds 2: No surprise....Hawks dominated ever facet of the game. Preds is gonna struggle in Elite. Hawks looked sharp.

Crabs 8 - FCA 6: Were FCA kids on Spring Break? Looked like they had only 16/17 players as a team. Lots of injuries? Crabs offense wasn't pretty, but scored a lot of transition goals. Big loss for FCA.

Next Level 10 - Madlax 6: Madlax came out flying out 5-1 in first quarter and never looked back. Madlax looked very sharp and disciplined on offense. Next Level will rebound and get it together.

Incorrect score....Madlax won 10-6.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Caught the end of the Crabs vs. FCA game and noticed that FCA's top defender and Fogo were on the sidelines, and looked to be missing their most athletic midfielder as well. There backup Fogo got knocked out of the game in the first quarter from what Crabs parents said on a big hit.

Next level lost 10-6 to Madlax. Next Level came out flat on defense and was relying to heavily on Big #3. A lot of hero ball. Madlax goalie played really well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I caught the hawks game, fca game (online) and 1/2 of the madlax game.

My take on it -

Hawks/Preds - Hawks welcomed Preds to the elite level. The difference in groups is significant. Hawks simply put, man handled Preds. Hawks were typical hawks, consistent, precise, and on point. While it’s early in the season they looked a little slow. Preds looked lost, overwhelmed, and had trouble keeping up with this level. Hawks will continue to improve. Hopefully Preds has seen some of the best teams around and can regroup to build on what they experienced. If they don’t analyze their weaknesses they are in more trouble that they realize. Preds was missing a goalie due to injury not sure if he is a difference maker

FCA/LTLC(Not Crabs for HOCO) - Fca was missing a few players one being a fogo. Might have made a difference or maybe not on the outcome. Fca looked slow at the get go from what I have seen in the past. Looks like the age verification got them harder than they thought it would. Fca turned over the ball at least 4 times because of the shot clock. Word on the side line was a lot of unhappy parents with the team. Kids seem to not be gelling. Started to notice teammates getting on each other. LTLC was slow to get the ball to the goal. As the game picked up the defense began to play tougher forcing many turnovers. Ltlc won most of the face offs. The defense held fca to 1 goal in the second half with minimal shots on goal. FCA relied on their bigger middle to be the hero. One player can’t do it all. FCA will recover and move on. LTLC has some growing to do on the field with offensive production but with time, like all teams, the more you play the better you get. Hopefully the team is able to see their strengths and especially their weaknesses and build on those.

Madlax/NL - I only watched the 1st half. Madlax was able to quickly throw NL off balance with ball and off ball movement. NL players were slow to respond. Madlax was able to use cutters and precise passing to score 5 goal easily in the first quarter. Where madlax lacks in size they make up for it in speed of the be pass. Most of the half was on ML offensive end. Surprised to see NL struggle like this.

I saw some good not great lacrosse today. With time great lacrosse will come as teams get into game shape. Every game counts when there are only 8 teams.

Like Reply Quote
Page 56 of 63 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 62 63
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard