Originally Posted by Anonymous
MD cannot field a team without holdbacks. You can point “up North” and deflect all you want, I’m not saying you’re wrong. But this is a fact; MD cannot field a WS team with only on-age kids. Obviously NY, PA, NJ, MA and CT can.
That. Is. Irrefutable.

It's 100% not irrefutable. The fact is that MD "Elite" coaches care waaaay more about the Howard County Spring League than they do WSYL. I get it, you NY'ers are envious of the premier spring lacrosse league in the country.

My kid plays for one of these nationally ranked, top teams and the coach is unwilling to miss the opening weekend. So my son, like a bunch of other kids that I know, will play for a PA based team during the Sunday qualifiers this weekend.

The ONLY "Elite" Maryland club that is fielding a WSYL team is True Chesapeake because they requested and were granted a bye from HOCO for week 1.

The only reason True plays in WSYL is because they own the tournament. No one else cares. It is not what it used to be...and is pretty much a joke now. Have fun watching your son play for the PA-based team.

True will True and bring in their best players from their national system and claim they are on the Chesapeake roster. Probably still won’t win.

PA team will be just fine. Baltimore, NY and southern NE are within 100 miles of Philly.