BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 72 of 81 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 80 81
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what you mean?
MM runs Malvern, what club does he influence, TeamTen, Freedom?
BM coaches at GA and owns HHH.
Forster Bros. Run Duke’s but they are let Inter-Ac, they rep Lasalle/ANC.
Resch just took over PC, no real club affiliation
Dougherty coaches SCH, no real club affiliation
Havorford? Episcopal?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
While there certainly are good public school options in suburban Philly, none are as good as the schools he is contemplating
I assume you are saying this is relation to lacrosse. The academics at Lower Merion, Radnor, and Conestoga are superior to Malvern. Comparable to Haverford and EA. If your child is essentially on level but needs more individualized attention available through smaller class sizes, private schools is a great option. If your child needs significant services, public is a great option. If your child is on level or above, these schools are easily as good as most privates. Privates have higher scores because they don't have to have the lower end of the spectrum. Private may offer value in networking. Public probably offers the benefit of having a more diverse student body. Public has gone far into social indoctrination, which some will view as a plus and others a minus. Private will have some of that as well, but at religious affiliated schools you would anticipate and theoretically value that. EA and Malvern following trends in their dominations and are moving fairly far from their traditional roots. Don't know about Haverford.

From a lacrosse perspective all of the privates are vastly superior to the publics. Radnor has had a phenomenal recent run, but I suspect that is coming to an end. Conestoga had a great run a few years back, but that has ended.

In my humble opinion, this post is spot on. The only thing I would add is if you believe lacrosse is the vehicle to get your child into a top end college, I would lean toward the private schools. Kids will travel over an hour to get to a Haverford or Malvern knowing that it will get them to the next lax level.
What does your club coach say because from what I have seen along the way, if you are not in the schools thoughts and conversations lcoming in to the school you can wait for your playing time but its unlikely to come as coaches have made investments elsewhere…..and if youre not reclassing for the coach which creates a better college prospect then he really doesn’t need you. In short, if you arent in conversations with club or hs coaches lacrosse is not going to be your path to college so select the best school with the most average lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much influence do Interac politics/old boys club have over Club lacrosse in our area?

More than they should

This question doesn’t make any sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much influence do Interac politics/old boys club have over Club lacrosse in our area?

More than they should

There was a time when certain club teams were feeding into certain schools, but it tended to make geographical sense for the most part...MESA fed Haverford. Freedom and Rising Sons fed into Malvern. NXT was feeding EA. Currently, Delco feeds Ridley, Fusion feeds Unionville, and Black Bear feeds Perkiomen Valley.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the private's like Haverford, EA and Malvern the club's actually interfere with their practices, schedules because they are allowed to practice more so those schools not a big fan of club once kids are starting on those teams. PIAA schools cannot practice as much so clubs more important for development even in high school. Team Ten has a lot of Interac kids in their program at all grades but they have kids from all schools so not really a feeder to one, but I do think they try to avoid scheduling conflicts when they can.

More than they should

There was a time when certain club teams were feeding into certain schools, but it tended to make geographical sense for the most part...MESA fed Haverford. Freedom and Rising Sons fed into Malvern. NXT was feeding EA. Currently, Delco feeds Ridley, Fusion feeds Unionville, and Black Bear feeds Perkiomen Valley.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what is meant entirely by the question, but there is absolutely a positive bias towards private school players. So if you are trying out for a club and from a certain private school you are assumed to be a better player and definitely given an advantage. As someone who loves the game and has been involved with it for many years it is disappointing to see the increasing influence private schools and thus wealth is having on players opportunities. If you go back even 10-15 years ago this was not the case. I’m so tired of people saying they want to grow the game, when recent actions have only increasingly limited access. There are so many great players at public schools who never get recognized or even a chance to develop. It would be nice for people who say they truly care about the game to take action to decrease the influence of wealth and increase the opportunities and access for all players. If you compare to the girls game it is not this bad. The more great athletes playing would benefit everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the private's like Haverford, EA and Malvern the club's actually interfere with their practices, schedules because they are allowed to practice more so those schools not a big fan of club once kids are starting on those teams. PIAA schools cannot practice as much so clubs more important for development even in high school. Team Ten has a lot of Interac kids in their program at all grades but they have kids from all schools so not really a feeder to one, but I do think they try to avoid scheduling conflicts when they can.

More than they should

I have been hearing a lot about MP and Haverford starting to recruit into Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Year, new me.
Who’s heading down to IMG in a couple of weeks to get show out for the college coaches? This is the benefit of playing in the NLF. If you aren’t in, you are out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what is meant entirely by the question, but there is absolutely a positive bias towards private school players. So if you are trying out for a club and from a certain private school you are assumed to be a better player and definitely given an advantage. As someone who loves the game and has been involved with it for many years it is disappointing to see the increasing influence private schools and thus wealth is having on players opportunities. If you go back even 10-15 years ago this was not the case. I’m so tired of people saying they want to grow the game, when recent actions have only increasingly limited access. There are so many great players at public schools who never get recognized or even a chance to develop. It would be nice for people who say they truly care about the game to take action to decrease the influence of wealth and increase the opportunities and access for all players. If you compare to the girls game it is not this bad. The more great athletes playing would benefit everyone.
Stop whining dude. If your kid is at a public school, do the extra work to get him recognized. Get him on a good club team…have him do the elite showcases. Or grow a set and send him to one of the private schools. There is plenty of financial aid for families willing to sacrifice for a top notch education.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop whining dude. If your kid is at a public school, do the extra work to get him recognized. Get him on a good club team…have him do the elite showcases. Or grow a set and send him to one of the private schools. There is plenty of financial aid for families willing to sacrifice for a top notch education.

You are literally proving his point. Extra work sometimes requires private lessons or work outs...money. Showcases...money. And people living pay check to pay check don't have the ability to sacrifice any more to go to a private school. You really showed your true colors telling some one who is not as privileged as you to "grow a set" and send a child to a private school. Lacrosse is a very privileged sport compared to other sports. And anyone who does not believe that is very lucky to be where they are in society.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on NIL in college lacrosse? Any chance we see a decline in quality at more elite athletes will look for a full rides and football NIL over playing basically for love of the game in college lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have things calmed down over there at EA? Are they liking the new guy? or still hung up on Bates and the Stop Sign Incident of 2023? Looks like someone is still paying the monthly dues for "saveepiscopal.com"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While there certainly are good public school options in suburban Philly, none are as good as the schools he is contemplating
I assume you are saying this is relation to lacrosse. The academics at Lower Merion, Radnor, and Conestoga are superior to Malvern. Comparable to Haverford and EA. If your child is essentially on level but needs more individualized attention available through smaller class sizes, private schools is a great option. If your child needs significant services, public is a great option. If your child is on level or above, these schools are easily as good as most privates. Privates have higher scores because they don't have to have the lower end of the spectrum. Private may offer value in networking. Public probably offers the benefit of having a more diverse student body. Public has gone far into social indoctrination, which some will view as a plus and others a minus. Private will have some of that as well, but at religious affiliated schools you would anticipate and theoretically value that. EA and Malvern following trends in their dominations and are moving fairly far from their traditional roots. Don't know about Haverford.

From a lacrosse perspective all of the privates are vastly superior to the publics. Radnor has had a phenomenal recent run, but I suspect that is coming to an end. Conestoga had a great run a few years back, but that has ended.

In my humble opinion, this post is spot on. The only thing I would add is if you believe lacrosse is the vehicle to get your child into a top end college, I would lean toward the private schools. Kids will travel over an hour to get to a Haverford or Malvern knowing that it will get them to the next lax level.
What does your club coach say because from what I have seen along the way, if you are not in the schools thoughts and conversations lcoming in to the school you can wait for your playing time but its unlikely to come as coaches have made investments elsewhere…..and if youre not reclassing for the coach which creates a better college prospect then he really doesn’t need you. In short, if you arent in conversations with club or hs coaches lacrosse is not going to be your path to college so select the best school with the most average lacrosse.

Good common sense and advice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on NIL in college lacrosse? Any chance we see a decline in quality at more elite athletes will look for a full rides and football NIL over playing basically for love of the game in college lacrosse?

I would not be surprised to see all athletes become "employees" of the university in the future. It will give a pathway for non-revenue athletes to improve their financial position while allowing them to get a better education playing the sport they love.

Of course....HHH players will make millions off their deals:)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would not be surprised to see all athletes become "employees" of the university in the future. It will give a pathway for non-revenue athletes to improve their financial position while allowing them to get a better education playing the sport they love.

I agree that HHH players will make mint wink
I don't think non-revenue athletes will be get the same "employee" status that football/basketball players. Non-revenue sports are already hits to the bottom line. They are lucky just to be in there. No chance they get more money from the university.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think non-revenue athletes will be get the same "employee" status that football/basketball players. Non-revenue sports are already hits to the bottom line. They are lucky just to be in there. No chance they get more money from the university.

90% of 100+ rosters for football teams are already on full rides. As we all know, there are only 12.6 Full Rides for Lacrosse teams with rosters over 50 usually, and most of those are cut up into smalle pieces (unless you played Club for HHH, then you are getting a full ride for sure). So most of the lacrosse team is still paying for the privilege to play college lacrosse (consider it a really expensive club lacrosse experience). The thought that these students on the lacrosse team would become "employees" of the university seems not to line up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whats up with the victim mentality around where is the love for the game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

90% of 100+ rosters for football teams are already on full rides. As we all know, there are only 12.6 Full Rides for Lacrosse teams with rosters over 50 usually, and most of those are cut up into smalle pieces (unless you played Club for HHH, then you are getting a full ride for sure). So most of the lacrosse team is still paying for the privilege to play college lacrosse (consider it a really expensive club lacrosse experience). The thought that these students on the lacrosse team would become "employees" of the university seems not to line up.

I think the catch is that you cannot designate certain athletes as employees and others not employees. I'm not saying this will happen in the short term, but it does appear to be the case as legal challenges evolve. It allows athletes to participate in collective bargaining agreements on salary, services, and other rights that they do not currently have under this system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the catch is that you cannot designate certain athletes as employees and others not employees. I'm not saying this will happen in the short term, but it does appear to be the case as legal challenges evolve. It allows athletes to participate in collective bargaining agreements on salary, services, and other rights that they do not currently have under this system.

interesting. Sounds like it's going to be total mess. I totally get where football and basketball players have a leg to stand on this argument over compensation since the universities bring in so much revenue for those teams. Essentially football funds all the other sports programs for the university. What kind of argument do athletes on the lacrosse team have? Considering that most schools are charging a very small ticket fee for GA, I guess there is some money coming in from the conference tv deals. What does any of this mean for non-football/basketball athletes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More than they should

I have been hearing a lot about MP and Haverford starting to recruit into Maryland.

Gotta love any comment starting with “I’ve been hearing a lot…”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More than they should

So when a student athlete from (insert any location) attends an open house, takes an entrance exam &/or applies to a private school now that school is suddenly recruiting from that area. Gotcha.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Harford county to Haverford pipeline is solid as oak.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More than they should

Come one, no club feeds public schools! Public schools feed clubs. Nobody has moved into a school district so they could play on a particular club. Friends from public schools tend to flock to the same club, particularly if they are not high level players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More than they should

So when a student athlete from (insert any location) attends an open house, takes an entrance exam &/or applies to a private school now that school is suddenly recruiting from that area. Gotcha.

When coaches and alumni are calling and texting players I would say yes that is recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are literally proving his point. Extra work sometimes requires private lessons or work outs...money. Showcases...money. And people living pay check to pay check don't have the ability to sacrifice any more to go to a private school. You really showed your true colors telling some one who is not as privileged as you to "grow a set" and send a child to a private school. Lacrosse is a very privileged sport compared to other sports. And anyone who does not believe that is very lucky to be where they are in society.
Yes, when compared to hockey

interesting. Sounds like it's going to be total mess. I totally get where football and basketball players have a leg to stand on this argument over compensation since the universities bring in so much revenue for those teams. Essentially football funds all the other sports programs for the university. What kind of argument do athletes on the lacrosse team have? Considering that most schools are charging a very small ticket fee for GA, I guess there is some money coming in from the conference tv deals. What does any of this mean for non-football/basketball athletes?
Food for thought- ticket prices for lacrosse games vs donations from lacrosse alumni. Just saying, all those HHH kids making mint are gonna give back to the U over the years. And love the 90% of 100+ kids are on scholarship. 85 of 100+ kids are on scholarship. Thats how many football gets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Food for thought- ticket prices for lacrosse games vs donations from lacrosse alumni. Just saying, all those HHH kids making mint are gonna give back to the U over the years. And love the 90% of 100+ kids are on scholarship. 85 of 100+ kids are on scholarship. Thats how many football gets.

The 85 football number is correct for only the largest programs. There are 129 teams in this category.

D1-FCS have 63 equivalents. 125 teams in this category. On average players get 60% scholarship.

D2 - 36 equivalents. On average around 35%.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 85 football number is correct for only the largest programs. There are 129 teams in this category.

D1-FCS have 63 equivalents. 125 teams in this category. On average players get 60% scholarship.

D1-FBS is all was considering from an NIL perspective. I doubt there is much NIL money pouring into D1-FCS/D2 progrums. Apologies for misleading the public regarding 90% vs 85 actual scholarships. I have been dunked on and posterized.

Just posing the question would players like Jared Bernhardt still choose lacrosse out of high school if the football team is offering him a full ride plus $50k/year in NIL to play football (again assumption being that Lacrosse NIL money is fairly non-existent).

Maybe those HHH '25 Parents out there can confirm or deny how much NIL money is getting thrown their way. They are the cream of the crop. Let's hear it from them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D1-FBS is all was considering from an NIL perspective. I doubt there is much NIL money pouring into D1-FCS/D2 progrums. Apologies for misleading the public regarding 90% vs 85 actual scholarships. I have been dunked on and posterized.

Just posing the question would players like Jared Bernhardt still choose lacrosse out of high school if the football team is offering him a full ride plus $50k/year in NIL to play football (again assumption being that Lacrosse NIL money is fairly non-existent).

Maybe those HHH '25 Parents out there can confirm or deny how much NIL money is getting thrown their way. They are the cream of the crop. Let's hear it from them.

I don't suppose most dual sport athletes opt for lacrosse if they are being offered better deals in football. You would have to be kind of fool to pass on a full ride plus $50k. (Not to mention, the irrational hope of football glory and future earnings.) The lacrosse money is so limited as to hardly be worth major consideration. I don't know many D1 lax players. I only know one star player personally who had alumni provide enough money for graduate school to allow him to stay and play at a top tier school and use his last covid year of eligibility. I suspect there will be some alumni who will fund NIL money to attract talent. Penn lax alumni are well connected and have given lots of opportunities for Penn lax players moving into private equity. It would not surprise me if they would help fund recruiting efforts. Given the Ivy's are non-scholarship, I don't know if they would exploit that or shun it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ivy’s are not involved with NIL (yet). And the comment about a multi-sport athlete being a fool to choose lacrosse is very short-sighted. Perhaps a multi-sport athlete’s favorite sport is lacrosse OR that multi-sport athlete has an opportunity to get a degree from a school with lacrosse that is far superior to any opportunity in another sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is NIL money in lacrosse but nowhere near what you see in revenue sports like football & basketball (not even close). NIL is big business for the Power 5 football conferences so expect to see lacrosse programs from Big 10, ACC etc to have an advantage over teams from smaller football/basketball conferences.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Juniors Open 2024 Boys a good showcase?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sports are the short game and your degree/network is the long game. Even if an Ivy is $240k for 4 years these kids get out of there making $150k a year first job a lot of times. A lot of people do not understand how the service academies(no tuition in exchange for serving your country), Ivy or top tier schools like Duke, Georgetown, Hopkins or high academic D3 schools work. You are entering into a network that will set you up for the rest of your life. Without lacrosse these kids probably do not get in. It is like how compound interest works when you go to these schools you are compounding your income for the rest of your life if you do things right and take advantage of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Financial Aid is abundant at these schools. My family lived paycheck to paycheck for a while. We gave up vacations. Added a second income. We sacrificed. And you are right….we are very lucky to be where we are now. There are bunches just like us doing the same thing. It is very do-able. All you have to do is look into it and stop whining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sports are the short game and your degree/network is the long game. Even if an Ivy is $240k for 4 years these kids get out of there making $150k a year first job a lot of times. A lot of people do not understand how the service academies(no tuition in exchange for serving your country), Ivy or top tier schools like Duke, Georgetown, Hopkins or high academic D3 schools work. You are entering into a network that will set you up for the rest of your life. Without lacrosse these kids probably do not get in. It is like how compound interest works when you go to these schools you are compounding your income for the rest of your life if you do things right and take advantage of it.

This is only true for select majors. I recently had an applicant Harvard undergrad Columbia grade school for a $45k a year starting salary. Majored in something like East Asian studies and grad degree in something else almost as useless. If your kid wants to major in something useless, they should go to the cheapest school available. I have also hired Penn History majors and Urban Studies. Cost just as much as finance and much lower ROI. I doubt the Penn Nursing grad is paid anymore than the Penn State Nursing grad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is only true for select majors. I recently had an applicant Harvard undergrad Columbia grade school for a $45k a year starting salary. Majored in something like East Asian studies and grad degree in something else almost as useless. If your kid wants to major in something useless, they should go to the cheapest school available. I have also hired Penn History majors and Urban Studies. Cost just as much as finance and much lower ROI. I doubt the Penn Nursing grad is paid anymore than the Penn State Nursing grad.

The reality of getting recruited to the ivies/duke, etc are ridiculous. Top Tier Athlete + Top Tier Student is hard to come by and most likely aint your son. If it is, you have great genetics and have done a great job parenting. I agree with guy above. Getting into the ivies is amazing, but if you blow your opportunity on some non-essential major, that is on you. I do doubt lacrosse players that make it to the ivies would ever find themselves in one of those dead end majors (see point above about great parenting most likely happening). Honestly though, I bet east asian studies is not as bad as you think given the current global climate. Plenty of 3 letter agencies probably looking for those graduates. And Nursing is a great profession no matter what (I understand what you are saying about PSU vs UPENN, but come on... That degree is in high demand and those people bust their humps to help people)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was making 2 points: if you love the game and think it is good for kids, logically it would be better for there to be as much opportunity as possible. Yes, families might be able to scrimp and sacrifice, but at the end of the day it is reducing the number of lacrosse athletes and the impact of the game. There is no reason for the system to function this way. If people truly cared about expanding the game there would be more support for rec programs, public schools and recruitment from public schools. The girls game is not nearly as elitist. Point #2 is that people in the lacrosse world love to claim it is a pure meritocracy and the best athletes/players are the ones who will shine, get recruited, etc. If you are “good” you will be found. Please educate yourself about how the world works and the role of opportunity. Just be honest about the fact that Johnny gets recruited by Penn State because his dad played there and his uncle knows the coach, etc…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was making 2 points: if you love the game and think it is good for kids, logically it would be better for there to be as much opportunity as possible. Yes, families might be able to scrimp and sacrifice, but at the end of the day it is reducing the number of lacrosse athletes and the impact of the game. There is no reason for the system to function this way. If people truly cared about expanding the game there would be more support for rec programs, public schools and recruitment from public schools. The girls game is not nearly as elitist. Point #2 is that people in the lacrosse world love to claim it is a pure meritocracy and the best athletes/players are the ones who will shine, get recruited, etc. If you are “good” you will be found. Please educate yourself about how the world works and the role of opportunity. Just be honest about the fact that Johnny gets recruited by Penn State because his dad played there and his uncle knows the coach, etc…

Yes. I totally agree with what you are saying. The game did expand a bit geographically, and people start freaking out about fly ins.

There used to be joy associated with the game (listen to the way Lyle Thompson talks about the game). As clubs have become more and more prominent ( at the expense of rec teams) the fun/joy of just playing the game has been completely [Censored] out. Which is why it’s not growing at the pace it should be and it’s basically stagnating (if not declining) from a participating perspective.

I don’t disagree on the meritocracy. It’s just the way it works. Always going to be the rich donor who gets his kid a vanity spot on the team: I’m assuming those recruits get the swag and ride the bench for 4-5 years. Everybody gets what they want. While it does take a spot away from a more deserving kid, it’s not impacting very many people as if it were happening at a much lower age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Define good showcase?
- Location- Moving around Philly was less than an ideal. Kids hiking 2 miles in the heat from hotel to field [Censored]. No offense to UPenn but its not even an great stadium or facilities so location gets a 2/5
- Talent- Def had 4 star talent with a few 5 stars 4/5
- Coaches- YES, all were there….and several mentioned having seen my son play well there during recruiting (4 star) 5/5
- Timing- it was early in the season so the boy was fresh off HS season and not tired. where it sat in the season to make 5/5
- Cost- are they still charging to be evaluated, that was shadey at best. Hotel rooms in Philly are more expensive than most locations. 3/5
- Swag- got some cool gear tbh. Think the hoodie he got was his favorite of the summer but not gloves and helmet like Showtiime……with that said, found Showtime difficult with everyone wearing the same helmet, gloves and shorts. 5/5
- All in all, having been to pretty much every single showcase, this event is much better with Schrieber running it then the low down thief that had it before.
- According to the boy, the kids see the showcase pecking order as Showtime, Main Stage and Juniors.
- Overall Rizz Rating 4.5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#facts #logic is this still BOTC? It’s not about the 4 years, it’s about the 40+ after school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Define good showcase?
- Location- Moving around Philly was less than an ideal. Kids hiking 2 miles in the heat from hotel to field [Censored]. No offense to UPenn but its not even an great stadium or facilities so location gets a 2/5
- Talent- Def had 4 star talent with a few 5 stars 4/5
- Coaches- YES, all were there….and several mentioned having seen my son play well there during recruiting (4 star) 5/5
- Timing- it was early in the season so the boy was fresh off HS season and not tired. where it sat in the season to make 5/5
- Cost- are they still charging to be evaluated, that was shadey at best. Hotel rooms in Philly are more expensive than most locations. 3/5
- Swag- got some cool gear tbh. Think the hoodie he got was his favorite of the summer but not gloves and helmet like Showtiime……with that said, found Showtime difficult with everyone wearing the same helmet, gloves and shorts. 5/5
- All in all, having been to pretty much every single showcase, this event is much better with Schrieber running it then the low down thief that had it before.
- According to the boy, the kids see the showcase pecking order as Showtime, Main Stage and Juniors.
- Overall Rizz Rating 4.5

If you are paying for all those showcases, you are getting ripped off. You need to develop a better plan for schools that your son is interested in. I’m not trying to knock what you have done but there is a much better pathway. College coaches will tell you (when they are not getting paid to show up) that watching showcases are a joke. Defenders cheat up and kids hog the ball.

Like Reply Quote
Page 72 of 81 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard