Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thoughts on NIL in college lacrosse? Any chance we see a decline in quality at more elite athletes will look for a full rides and football NIL over playing basically for love of the game in college lacrosse?

I would not be surprised to see all athletes become "employees" of the university in the future. It will give a pathway for non-revenue athletes to improve their financial position while allowing them to get a better education playing the sport they love.

Of course....HHH players will make millions off their deals:)

I agree that HHH players will make mint wink
I don't think non-revenue athletes will be get the same "employee" status that football/basketball players. Non-revenue sports are already hits to the bottom line. They are lucky just to be in there. No chance they get more money from the university.

90% of 100+ rosters for football teams are already on full rides. As we all know, there are only 12.6 Full Rides for Lacrosse teams with rosters over 50 usually, and most of those are cut up into smalle pieces (unless you played Club for HHH, then you are getting a full ride for sure). So most of the lacrosse team is still paying for the privilege to play college lacrosse (consider it a really expensive club lacrosse experience). The thought that these students on the lacrosse team would become "employees" of the university seems not to line up.