BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,360
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Boys 2031 4th Grade Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today’s elites will plateau and most will catch up or surpass them over the next 5 years. Puberty hits HARD, good or bad so thinking a 10 year old is an elite lax player or a subpar one is completely pointless. Everything changes, tons of team movement over the next several years so teams change constantly. If you think club is taking away the fun… I suggest you look for another club. He could also just play PAL and will still likely make the school team in a few years. It should be fun, hard work but still fun. Otherwise why spend the time & money? The kids with a love and passion for the sport will always come out on top. I will say that ANY kid who wants to play in college absolutely can. Between DI, DII, DIII, NAIA, JUCO and club, there is a place for every skill level. Kids have one childhood, make it an enjoyable one! Good luck![/quote]

Couldn’t disagree with this take anymore. Great athletes don’t pop up out of the blue. This isn’t football where puberty/size might make a big difference. The ELITE kids now will absolutely be the top kids 7/8 years from now!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the fall schedules? It's August 10 let's go organizations, I want to plan life lol!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Today’s elites will plateau and most will catch up or surpass them over the next 5 years. Puberty hits HARD, good or bad so thinking a 10 year old is an elite lax player or a subpar one is completely pointless. Everything changes, tons of team movement over the next several years so teams change constantly. If you think club is taking away the fun… I suggest you look for another club. He could also just play PAL and will still likely make the school team in a few years. It should be fun, hard work but still fun. Otherwise why spend the time & money? The kids with a love and passion for the sport will always come out on top. I will say that ANY kid who wants to play in college absolutely can. Between DI, DII, DIII, NAIA, JUCO and club, there is a place for every skill level. Kids have one childhood, make it an enjoyable one! Good luck!

Couldn’t disagree with this take anymore. Great athletes don’t pop up out of the blue. This isn’t football where puberty/size might make a big difference. The ELITE kids now will absolutely be the top kids 7/8 years from now![/quote]

You are saying the elite kids in 4th grade are a good predictor for the elite kids as juniors and seniors? Wow. Just wow. I guess your message to the kids is if you aren’t elite by 4th grade but you want to play high level college lacrosse you might as well give up. Good lesson for life. I’m going to go out on a limb and say skill level at the 4th grade level is a poor prognostic indicator of future success. That being said I also don’t agree that todays elites will plateau; some will go on to be very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As with most arguments on this site, the truth is firmly in the middle. An elite athlete in the 4th grade will usually still be an elite athlete in HS and beyond. That may or may not translate to the field depending on their commitment and lax IQ. The best PLAYERS in 4th grade frequently aren't the elite athletes though. Watching my older son I've seen many of the top players fade out and move down to lower level teams. Over time everyone develops core skills and pure athleticism drowns out much of the skill differences.

With that said, an elite athlete in 4th grade that is also already a top player, will rarely fade away unless they choose to focus on another sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As with most arguments on this site, the truth is firmly in the middle. An elite athlete in the 4th grade will usually still be an elite athlete in HS and beyond. That may or may not translate to the field depending on their commitment and lax IQ. The best PLAYERS in 4th grade frequently aren't the elite athletes though. Watching my older son I've seen many of the top players fade out and move down to lower level teams. Over time everyone develops core skills and pure athleticism drowns out much of the skill differences.

With that said, an elite athlete in 4th grade that is also already a top player, will rarely fade away unless they choose to focus on another sport.

Agree completely

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boring…. Let’s get back to the topic at hand, who is better Rebels or Igloo? Who makes it to 7th grade without a total dismantle? Can either compete against the DMV?

Rebels will manage to blow it.
Look at their older teams

Aren't they a fairly new club? How many teams will they have this year? They have an east and west? If thier older clubs are bad it must be because they are a new club, by 6-7th grade teams are pretty much set with minimal movement no?

And somehow their older teams are still good and get lots of D1 kids…. And they only started 4 years ago

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels team is decent but relies heavily on two kids. Once those two leave for 91 it’s over. Are you guys brothers? Rebels fall short by 7th grade. Not aware of any relevant D1 commits on their older teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels added the Top kids from 91, Legacy and express east. So, theory of Rebels leaving is way off. Parents get it. Those clubs are the past. REBELS the future. See you in fall, if you dare.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake news. Rebels parent pounding their chest over two brothers who are the whole team. The rest of the kids watch and don’t develop. Model doesn’t work and they will dismantle by next season. Going to be a tough year for the rebels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake news. Rebels parent pounding their chest over two brothers who are the whole team. The rest of the kids watch and don’t develop. Model doesn’t work and they will dismantle by next season. Going to be a tough year for the rebels.

Interesting take considering one of the twins was injured all summer. You couldn’t be farther from truth, the team is deep and wears other teams down. Played tournaments this summer missing keep players, and team did not miss a beat.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today’s elites will plateau and most will catch up or surpass them over the next 5 years. Puberty hits HARD, good or bad so thinking a 10 year old is an elite lax player or a subpar one is completely pointless. Everything changes, tons of team movement over the next several years so teams change constantly. If you think club is taking away the fun… I suggest you look for another club. He could also just play PAL and will still likely make the school team in a few years. It should be fun, hard work but still fun. Otherwise why spend the time & money? The kids with a love and passion for the sport will always come out on top. I will say that ANY kid who wants to play in college absolutely can. Between DI, DII, DIII, NAIA, JUCO and club, there is a place for every skill level. Kids have one childhood, make it an enjoyable one! Good luck!

Couldn’t disagree with this take anymore. Great athletes don’t pop up out of the blue. This isn’t football where puberty/size might make a big difference. The ELITE kids now will absolutely be the top kids 7/8 years from now!

You are saying the elite kids in 4th grade are a good predictor for the elite kids as juniors and seniors? Wow. Just wow. I guess your message to the kids is if you aren’t elite by 4th grade but you want to play high level college lacrosse you might as well give up. Good lesson for life. I’m going to go out on a limb and say skill level at the 4th grade level is a poor prognostic indicator of future success. That being said I also don’t agree that todays elites will plateau; some will go on to be very good.[/quote]

You are saying the elite kids in 4th grade are a good predictor for the elite kids as juniors and seniors? Wow. Just wow. I guess your message to the kids is if you aren’t elite by 4th grade but you want to play high level college lacrosse you might as well give up. Good lesson for life. I’m going to go out on a limb and say skill level at the 4th grade level is a poor prognostic indicator of future success. That being said I also don’t agree that todays elites will plateau; some will go on to be very good.[/quote]

4th/5th grade is a good indication. Not end all be all but definitely good indicator.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting take considering one of the twins was injured all summer. You couldn’t be farther from truth, the team is deep and wears other teams down. Played tournaments this summer missing keep players, and team did not miss a beat.
Yes, Rebels have 2 sets of Sibling twins!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are saying the elite kids in 4th grade are a good predictor for the elite kids as juniors and seniors? Wow. Just wow. I guess your message to the kids is if you aren’t elite by 4th grade but you want to play high level college lacrosse you might as well give up. Good lesson for life. I’m going to go out on a limb and say skill level at the 4th grade level is a poor prognostic indicator of future success. That being said I also don’t agree that todays elites will plateau; some will go on to be very good.

4th/5th grade is a good indication. Not end all be all but definitely good indicator.[/quote]

It’s a poor predictor. It s great running head start but some max out because they stopped growing. Puberty tends to be the great equalizer. And then there’s the burnout as plenty so as well. Would I rather be elite in 4th grade? Sure. Bu by no means does it have a good positive predictive value on one’s future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously haven’t seen them play much. The reason why they are successful is because they have depth. If the twins were the only reason they won it would be easy to put your best defenders on them and beat them. The people that are saying 91 and express are finished are silly. Those programs are top tier and will continue to be. It’s just at this particular age group the Rebels have a great team. That’s it. None of the top players left for other programs this year. Whether that continues remains to be seen. Best of luck to everyone this fall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is everyone playing this fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels have solid team probably best on Island. Be interesting to see who th ehhh add/lose. Same with Igloo, too team on island, one or two additions can make a big difference. 91 needs to be competitive and start playing better teams. Legacy , I don’t know why they are having such a hard time. Express East has some talent and very good coaching . Express goi g to get better as the kids get older but starting off on ground floor. S2S again has a lot of talent, not quite sure why they haven’t taken a step yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is everyone playing this fall?
anyone playing Fall NAL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels not invited to NAL. Another season of them skipping meaningful tourneys and bragging about beating igloo and the turtles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If NAL does not invite rebels, shame on them. They would win it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They didn’t invite them because they cheat!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That has to be densest post ever, got to have better than that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They didn’t invite them because they cheat!

Keep trying to spread nonsense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If NAL does not invite rebels, shame on them. They would win it.
Don't know if they'd win it but they would have a good chance of making the first consolation bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels cheerleaders need a reality check. Hope they get invited to the spring NAL. DMV would rattle their cages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does DMV have to do with NAL! These kids aren’t even old enough to drive yet!😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right, the DMV holdbacks do not get license till 9th Grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right, the DMV holdbacks do not get license till 9th Grade.

All the "DMV" clubs are using the age rules. What's going to be the LI excuse now? Maybe LI clubs should create an Allstar team to compete with the HOCO teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your 4th grader is a good lacrosse player that’s great, now if you’re 5,7” and your wife is 5’0”, your kid is going to be a runt, and by the time he’s in 11th grade he will have been run out of the sport. Likewise if your kid is a bit chubby, he’ll probably balloon up and also be gone. Just facts people, nothing personal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your 4th grader is a good lacrosse player that’s great, now if you’re 5,7” and your wife is 5’0”, your kid is going to be a runt, and by the time he’s in 11th grade he will have been run out of the sport. Likewise if your kid is a bit chubby, he’ll probably balloon up and also be gone. Just facts people, nothing personal.

I doubt this. Yes the trend is to go with the bigger kids. But D1 lacrosse is filled with small guys. I will use the young man that just completed his freshman year at duke. I know the kid well. He is listed at 5-9. He is shorter than that. Maybe with his cleats and helmet he is 5-9. That kid was always the smallest kid on the field. As a freshman at Duke he started almost every game. Did very well for a freshman. They also have a midfielder from Long Island that was. Sophomore this past year. He is a hair taller than the freshman. Both are very successful. You can look at just about every roster. There is someone who is small that contributes. If you have stick skills and speed you will be fine. Don’t let this guy dictate what you become

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the award for the most insecure dad on the group goes to this guy^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Size helps, of course. But strength and speed matter a lot. ALL HS and colleges puff up the size of their players. But for the record, Ryder Garnsey is 173lbs. Sowers is 168 lbs. Will Manny is 170lbs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clarifying question- what if I’m 6’1” and my wife is 5’2” but a professional athlete? Should my kid just quit now? [Censored]…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are Madax and Hawks this fall. Rebels are coming for U. No competition on Island. They got better and every kid is age eligible. Set up a 8 Team tourney with your best, 2 Way etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland stop your talking and lets go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are Madax and Hawks this fall. Rebels are coming for U. No competition on Island. They got better and every kid is age eligible. Set up a 8 Team tourney with your best, 2 Way etc.

It’s already set up. All Rebels have to do is show up to NAL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels don’t get invited to top tourneys. If you want to play them you have to go to a B tourney in Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the award for the most insecure dad on the group goes to this guy^

Seems a nerve was struck, let me guess you’re 5”5”?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I doubt this. Yes the trend is to go with the bigger kids. But D1 lacrosse is filled with small guys. I will use the young man that just completed his freshman year at duke. I know the kid well. He is listed at 5-9. He is shorter than that. Maybe with his cleats and helmet he is 5-9. That kid was always the smallest kid on the field. As a freshman at Duke he started almost every game. Did very well for a freshman. They also have a midfielder from Long Island that was. Sophomore this past year. He is a hair taller than the freshman. Both are very successful. You can look at just about every roster. There is someone who is small that contributes. If you have stick skills and speed you will be fine. Don’t let this guy dictate what you become

Filled? Hardly, the little guys are a dime a dozen. You can believe what makes you feel better, but the truth will set you free. Sorry for all you short fellas, but it’s facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clarifying question- what if I’m 6’1” and my wife is 5’2” but a professional athlete? Should my kid just quit now? [Censored]…

Yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will always be little guys that succeed but it is not usually the norm, at least at the very highest levels of d1. There’s a few small standouts and a lot more small role players but size and speed seems to be the small majority of the sport. Especially at the dpole position. People will point to Adler saying that small guys can play but not a lot of alders out there.

That being sad don’t give up. There may be a role for your smallish guy on a top team

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard