BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 58 of 81 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 80 81
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHH older boys played well, just didn’t get the W. Watched theor 2026 team play better than expected, were beating the #4 ranked team in the county, younger teams [Censored]
Brotherly Love is an overrated DE club, terrible coaching

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a good showing by the PA teams at NLF
Probably because HHH doesn’t let any of the good Philly teams in NLF lol!

Bro Love 2024 in final four, Bro Love 2030 with some big wins.

^^^grown man using “lol”….sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Said the salty dog sitting at home as his obnoxious orange helmets play for other teams ,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL 2030 is actually Dukes 2030-those two clubs will start to combine players as time goes on and the Dukes name will go away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL = Duke’s would make sense…BL’s 2030 team is atrocious. I think these kids did okay, right?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL = Duke’s would make sense…BL’s 2030 team is atrocious. I think these kids did okay, right?
They are going into 6th grade. Get some help! They're just kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Than have them play rec, snowflake

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL 2030 is actually Dukes 2030-those two clubs will start to combine players as time goes on and the Dukes name will go away

Why would the Dukes be bought just to throw away the name? I highly doubt they will throw the name away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love the Toxicity you are providing. Keep it up keyboard superstar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be an adult! You are a big man when anonymous, but you would never say something like that if your name were attached. Grow up!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Put your name on here…go ahead, I’ll wait.
Love the simps who “call out” anonymity, lol.
Better yet, just give us the club you repreeent…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your the unhinged adult who attacks kids. You go first tough guy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to realize you are out of line. It's a kid's game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is notIntelligent. can we go back to chatting about lacrosse rather than everybody flexin'?

Big week for Tryouts. NXT 2nd Round, Team Ten, Brotherly Love, Freedom, Mesa all this week. HHH Next week. Anybody hearing anything juicy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true a "younger" Rough Riders team is folding?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is notIntelligent. can we go back to chatting about lacrosse rather than everybody flexin'?

Big week for Tryouts. NXT 2nd Round, Team Ten, Brotherly Love, Freedom, Mesa all this week. HHH Next week. Anybody hearing anything juicy?

For 2027- lots of minor changes, but few major changes. The team that will look the most different will be Brotherly Love with the addition of several strong players from multiple clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard a number of kids left Duke’s 2027 for True Philly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would the Dukes be bought just to throw away the name? I highly doubt they will throw the name away.

They definitely are not throwing away their name. All the young teams from 2028 on down can compete. Interesting to see what happens.

Tryouts were packed! Weird how they didn’t have pinnies but cool to see so many teams represented.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For 2027- lots of minor changes, but few major changes. The team that will look the most different will be Brotherly Love with the addition of several strong players from multiple clubs.

^^^thanks MarkY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a disproportionate amount of ‘27 chatter on this board all the time. What is that about? Maybe it will move down to ‘28 as all those ‘27’s reclass as they approach high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard a few NXT teams sort of folded and lost a lot of players(29, 30, 31). Something about National, Dukes, and some new Fusion AAA team taking a lot of those guys. Wonder what that means for NXT in the next few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^thanks MarkY
Did his son move to BL??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard a few NXT teams sort of folded and lost a lot of players(29, 30, 31). Something about National, Dukes, and some new Fusion AAA team taking a lot of those guys. Wonder what that means for NXT in the next few years.

sounds a little premature. Aren't they in the middle of tryouts still? We all know the NXT '27 are the gem in the crown there, so as long as they are intact, all is well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the Duke’s situation, lots of kids saw the success their 28s had on social media w the World Series and want to be a part of that, hence, why the 29s were packed in at tryouts. Why else would an NXT team that’s ranked 17th want to play for a Duke’s team ranked 49th ?? Kids love the attention

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the Duke’s situation, lots of kids saw the success their 28s had on social media w the World Series and want to be a part of that, hence, why the 29s were packed in at tryouts. Why else would an NXT team that’s ranked 17th want to play for a Duke’s team ranked 49th ?? Kids love the attention

Seriously? The person stating that the NXT '29 team is folding is clearly spreading mis-information (probably so his son has a shot at making the roster). Have to love all the tryout rumors floating around. I have no love for NXT, but they certainly do not lack in social media.

Kids go to tryouts for different reasons. Not everyone is intending to jump ship just because they show up at a $20 event. To be honest, heading to multiple tryouts is a great way to build confidence and life skills. Having that feeling of having to prove yourself to a group of strangers is something these kids should get used to. It will serve them well in many aspects of their lives.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless I’m reading it wrong, that person ain’t attacking NXT, they’re making a point about the publicity World Series gave the Duke’s. I agree. NXT does a great job promoting their brand but World Series was all over the gram.
NXT 29s are legit, I wouldn’t leave….unless I wasn’t playing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless I’m reading it wrong, that person ain’t attacking NXT, they’re making a point about the publicity World Series gave the Duke’s. I agree. NXT does a great job promoting their brand but World Series was all over the gram.
NXT 29s are legit, I wouldn’t leave….unless I wasn’t playing

Fair point. Different type of Social Media content coming out of that event for sure. I guess the better question I have is there some sort of reason NXT '29 wouldn't be in that position next year given their success this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great question - I assume any team can sign up for their region’s play-in, right? Why wouldn’t they have done it before though?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are everyone's thoughts on NXT Black 2029??.... They had about 60 kids at their tryouts and about 16 of them had the "white" designated pennies... Showing they already play for Black...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t imagine wholesale changes to a team that has had the success they’ve had…can you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the nxt 28s tryout and watched some of the 29s. Ton of talent showed up and the “whites” looked pretty legit. I have no clue what the team looked like last year though so…. grain of salt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updates from Dukes tryouts tonight? We’re they able to get pennies for the boys or was it wear your own again? What other clubs were most represented?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are almost done…surprisingly little drama so far

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This predication did not age well. Lots of Mesa kids (including key players) at the Team TEN 2027 tryouts last night. What is going on at Mesa?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at the Duke's '29 tryout. Kids wore their own pinnies. I don't understand the issue with kids bringing their own pinnies. NXT charged $50 and you get a nice pinny. Duke's charged $20 and I don't get another piece of laundry that my kid doesn't need (I don't know about anyone else, but I could start my own pinny supply store). Not judging, just my take on it.

With regards to the talent, a little dip in talent from the first tryout at Duke's, but still some real quality players there. Probably 6 or 7 kids with NXT pinnies, a few from Brotherly Love, Fusion, Mesa, True Philly and others I didn't recognize to identify, but largely Duke's pinnies on hand.

Was at both NXT and both Duke's tryouts. So a little comparison that no one asked for here. Assuming both teams get their top 16-22 kids (big assumption here), the teams would be very comparable/competitive. After that though, the 2nd tier level of talent definitely falls in NXTs favor. Just based off of 2 nights of practice at each place, I'd see it this way: Goalie is a push, Duke's with the better d-pole talent as well as LSM, Faceoff goes to NXT, NXT has a better attack, but not by much, midfield is a push (maybe a slight, razor thin, edge to NXT). I can't say anything about any other clubs in the region, but I like parity, so it should be an interesting year for Philly Lacrosse if the talent level looks like this at other club tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This predication did not age well. Lots of Mesa kids (including key players) at the Team TEN 2027 tryouts last night. What is going on at Mesa?

Just because they tryout doesn’t mean they are leaving, let’s see how many team ten helmets are at Mesa tonight

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This predication did not age well. Lots of Mesa kids (including key players) at the Team TEN 2027 tryouts last night. What is going on at Mesa?[/quote]

Stinks for Team Ten players to have their tryouts so late that it hinders their ability to tryout with other teams if they are cut from last years roster. It is a business and the teams only care about putting the best team they can so it is always best to tryout at multiple places.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also at both tryouts (NXT, Duke’s) and would agree w the above assessment. Guess my question would be (and being sincere) - with similar talent at different positions, how is NXT ranked so much higher?
Also, confirmed NXT will NOT vie for World Series spot, club rule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because they tryout doesn’t mean they are leaving, let’s see how many team ten helmets are at Mesa tonight

Agreed. It was just odd how many came. They may just be covering their bases or out for fun night of lacrosse. It just has not happened in prior years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also at both tryouts (NXT, Duke’s) and would agree w the above assessment. Guess my question would be (and being sincere) - with similar talent at different positions, how is NXT ranked so much higher?
Also, confirmed NXT will NOT vie for World Series spot, club rule.
Yes, I meant to add that Marty said that if you wanted the world series, then NXT isn't the club for you.

It seems that Duke's has had trouble scoring consistently (if the scores from the rankings page is any indication). If they pick up a couple of the offensively skilled kids that were at tryouts, I have no doubt they'll move up in the rankings and probably pretty quickly. The Duke's defense "should be" ridiculous with size and speed. And before anyone gives me the "ok Duke's d-pole dad" my son isn't a d-pole. He's not skilled enough to be with the big boys with big sticks.

Like Reply Quote
Page 58 of 81 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard