Was at the Duke's '29 tryout. Kids wore their own pinnies. I don't understand the issue with kids bringing their own pinnies. NXT charged $50 and you get a nice pinny. Duke's charged $20 and I don't get another piece of laundry that my kid doesn't need (I don't know about anyone else, but I could start my own pinny supply store). Not judging, just my take on it.

With regards to the talent, a little dip in talent from the first tryout at Duke's, but still some real quality players there. Probably 6 or 7 kids with NXT pinnies, a few from Brotherly Love, Fusion, Mesa, True Philly and others I didn't recognize to identify, but largely Duke's pinnies on hand.

Was at both NXT and both Duke's tryouts. So a little comparison that no one asked for here. Assuming both teams get their top 16-22 kids (big assumption here), the teams would be very comparable/competitive. After that though, the 2nd tier level of talent definitely falls in NXTs favor. Just based off of 2 nights of practice at each place, I'd see it this way: Goalie is a push, Duke's with the better d-pole talent as well as LSM, Faceoff goes to NXT, NXT has a better attack, but not by much, midfield is a push (maybe a slight, razor thin, edge to NXT). I can't say anything about any other clubs in the region, but I like parity, so it should be an interesting year for Philly Lacrosse if the talent level looks like this at other club tryouts.