Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No love for 91 as they have consistently beaten us but from a recruitment standpoint they (and express) do really well. Maybe it is because they poach kids, maybe they develop their own kids, maybe the caching is decent, maybe it’s all 3 or none. Either way by the time you get to high school they have the best track record of recruiting and playing in the best tournaments.

If you don’t care about recruiting or high level recruiting my advice would be to not go to 91 or the top express team. Play for someone else, enjoy this time and after high school lax becomes a faded memory

You’re not actually writing about recruiting 4th graders are you? Do you truly believe your kid is getting recruited by a big time school? Do you know that 7% of all HS athletes play college sports. 2% play D-1, that’s 1 out of every 57. Recruiting in 4th grade, what a clown show.

Actually no. I said the opposite. I said go have fun and live life. But if your recruiting is your goal by the time you get to HIGH SCHOOL (not 4th grade) then these clubs have a track record. My kids just finished their recruitment the last two years and they played for teams that got beaten consistently by both 91A and B teams. So I’m not sure why you are fixated on getting recruited in 4th grade. In all honesty, lax is not a good path for recruitment at all and chances are slim to play at a high level. But as you well know there are plenty of lax parents who will stay on that train and their best bet is to hook up with a club that has a proven track record and that’s express and 91