Originally Posted by Anonymous
Name a few things that you expected and did not expect when your girl (or boy) signed up with a club lacrosse team.
I will start-

I thought that the individual girls would have all of their kinks worked out: there are still girls who struggle to catch and throw etc, including my own girl.

Every team with every club has their own thing. Just because Hero’s 2022 are awesome doesn’t mean that Heros 2023 will be- but they are😂. I’m not a Heros person! Just an example.

I didn’t know that there were still “friends“ teams at this level. After a few years the amount of “friends” gets less and less but there still are too many cliques being catered to by the club.

It is obvious that there are too many kids on my daughters team. $$$

This sport being out the worst in parents. Some of these parents are the most pretentious, socially awkward types to hover in kids sports (don’t know about squash yet).

Every parent is for himself in this sport. My kid is better than everyone else’s. I’ve had “close acquaintances” not inform me of open houses, camps, tryouts just because they wanted to keep the pool smaller.

I’m just learning these as I go... I wonder what other curious surprises are out there.

Why are you still in club lacrosse?