BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts391,027
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 333 of 335 1 2 331 332 333 334 335
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Would you rather have the owner of a B-level club as your HC, who has no prior HC experience? Or a 6-time state champion HC from Severna Park?

Even the best public school coaches have had a learning curve in the A. Recruiting, admissions, and politics are tough.
Going to be a bumpy road, unless the entire Severna Park team is heading to StM with him.

And it sounds like the admissions department isn't helping with athletics.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Public school coaches don’t typically transfer to good coaches in the MIAA. Gilman coach still struggles managing a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Public school coaches don’t typically transfer to good coaches in the MIAA. Gilman coach still struggles managing a game.
Gilman could win it all and you still wouldn’t give the coach any credit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last night I was watching the spalding semifinal game and when spalding was up by 3 in the second I heard Robby hopper come to the sideline during a timeout and ask the kids in the student section if they had any “nose candy” I believe this kid was high out of his mind during the game and his field play reflected my theory. I mean how is he going to uva my five year old son is disabled and autistic and I think he could score on him. No wonder spalding lost last night Robbie hopper was doing blow in the locker pregame.

That’s why their theme last night was “white out”

Moderators do your job! This post is pure slander of a minor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last night I was watching the spalding semifinal game and when spalding was up by 3 in the second I heard Robby hopper come to the sideline during a timeout and ask the kids in the student section if they had any “nose candy” I believe this kid was high out of his mind during the game and his field play reflected my theory. I mean how is he going to uva my five year old son is disabled and autistic and I think he could score on him. No wonder spalding lost last night Robbie hopper was doing blow in the locker pregame.

That’s why their theme last night was “white out”

Moderators do your job! This post is pure slander of a minor.

Seriously ? You think anyone actually believes this 14 year old posting this ? Poor guy is in need of therapy

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s D 3 to coaching D1. Completely different game. Speed is different, skill is different. For all the people that say a public school kid could play on a top MiAA team and do the same thing he does against a pub team, it’s rediculous. Kids would get eatin alive. It’s just a different game. Not tying to bring anyone down, it’s just different. That’s why the MIAA is loaded with D1 talent across the board and pubs go to Stevenson.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any insight to what happened to Calvert Hall against Gilman recently ? That was a shellacking by Gilman. Is Hall going to do anything about it ?
They play the same 12 kids.
Lots of good players wasting away on the bench.
Why carry these kids on your team if you aren't going to give them a chance?

BK strategy. Don’t use them, but make sure nobody else can either.

My son chose Calvert Hall on his own. We knew the risk of getting buried was real. Just expected more of a shot. Minds got made early, so it's been a hard 2 years. But the academic side has been good.

Glad the academics are going well. On lax side you let BK get the best of you like the majority do. He will @ChillLaxin you you in every time will promises on top of promises.... The only promise they make to themselves is that they will develop about 25 players in a given year and about 2/3 of them will ever play. MIddle school parents beware-beware-beware!!!!!! Stop the madness now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any insight to what happened to Calvert Hall against Gilman recently ? That was a shellacking by Gilman. Is Hall going to do anything about it ?

My son chose Calvert Hall on his own. We knew the risk of getting buried was real. Just expected more of a shot. Minds got made early, so it's been a hard 2 years. But the academic side has been good.

Glad the academics are going well. On lax side you let BK get the best of you like the majority do. He will @ChillLaxin you you in every time will promises on top of promises.... The only promise they make to themselves is that they will develop about 25 players in a given year and about 2/3 of them will ever play. MIddle school parents beware-beware-beware!!!!!! Stop the madness now.

The only kids at CH that see the field on varsity are the ones who work with BK’s son or other coaches on the side, or ones who received a personal tour of the school by BK himself. If your kid is going into the school and isn’t known by the coaches before entering the school, chances are they won’t make varsity until 11th or 12th grade, if at all, and most likely will never touch the varsity field. It doesn’t matter how good your kid is!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only kids at CH that see the field on varsity are the ones who work with BK’s son or other coaches on the side, or ones who received a personal tour of the school by BK himself. If your kid is going into the school and isn’t known by the coaches before entering the school, chances are they won’t make varsity until 11th or 12th grade, if at all, and most likely will never touch the varsity field. It doesn’t matter how good your kid is!

Nepotism at its finest. Relative, worker or Friends. You got the in. Without it, well good luck watching from sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you rather have the owner of a B-level club as your HC, who has no prior HC experience? Or a 6-time state champion HC from Severna Park?

Even the best public school coaches have had a learning curve in the A. Recruiting, admissions, and politics are tough.
Going to be a bumpy road, unless the entire Severna Park team is heading to StM with him.

And it sounds like the admissions department isn't helping with athletics.

Prediction, Gone within two/three years max.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nepotism at its finest. Relative, worker or Friends. You got the in. Without it, well good luck watching from sidelines.
Seeing the same at Spalding. 42 guys on the roster and you lose the semifinals because you bury 22 of them on the bench while the coach's personal favorites run out of gas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% SPOT ON! Good luck to all of the 28’s coming in who are not on BK’s FCA team and the 27’s and 26’s whose spots they will be taking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% SPOT ON! Good luck to all of the 28’s coming in who are not on BK’s FCA team and the 27’s and 26’s whose spots they will be taking.

And the suckers transferring in! 🤦‍♀️ Everyone knows this and yet as long as everyone thinks they are special, they keep falling for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's got the best talent coming back in 2025?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh three peats with the MM dynasty continuing and in tack. If the older MM wins NCAA I title, will be a tough year for the people that dont like him and his antics.

The antics have just begun. MM will never be able to help himself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

McDonogh still

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman has tons of talent returning!! Slam dunk that the coach will take us to the ship!!! Best coach in the league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not much at CH and very little at the 26 and 27 levels. If BK isn’t bringing in some outside help I see a steep decline for CH over the next few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not much at CH and very little at the 26 and 27 levels. If BK isn’t bringing in some outside help I see a steep decline for CH over the next few years.

Not much?!

Calvert Hall has 122 kids rostered this year (after cuts.)

57 Varsity
35 JV
30 F/S

Class sizes:

Fr: 40
So: 36
Jr: 24
Sr: 22

About 45% of Calvert Hall lax recruits tend to wash out by their senior year.

Still, those numbers are huge. And don't even count the kids they cut.

They will be fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding and mcdonogh willl be in the finals next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman has tons of talent returning!! Slam dunk that the coach will take us to the ship!!! Best coach in the league.

I know you're trolling, but I think the predictions of Gilman's forthcoming demise are overstated - they bring back at least one top level player at every position group (G/D/M/A) and have a plus Goalie and FOGO. They won't be deep but if the 2026 class can step up they should make noise again.

McDonogh will continue to be the class of the league, and I don't really think boarding has anything to do with it. They just attract top talent and are currently riding a core group of players that came there from the best 2026 club in the country. I'm not aware of any OOS players on McD's roster, but I could be wrong.

BL is another story altogether. They had a dozen OOS players on their roster this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not much?!

57 Varsity
35 JV
30 F/S

Class sizes:

They will be fine.

Incoming 2029's please do not listen to BK's sales pitch-unfortunately many play for FCA and can't help but go to CHC. Varsity rosters over 40 should be an ALARM!!! 45% washout rate from freshman to senior year should be an alarm!!! Unless you are a top top top player or legacy look elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know you're trolling, but I think the predictions of Gilman's forthcoming demise are overstated - they bring back at least one top level player at every position group (G/D/M/A) and have a plus Goalie and FOGO. They won't be deep but if the 2026 class can step up they should make noise again.

McDonogh will continue to be the class of the league, and I don't really think boarding has anything to do with it. They just attract top talent and are currently riding a core group of players that came there from the best 2026 club in the country. I'm not aware of any OOS players on McD's roster, but I could be wrong.

BL is another story altogether. They had a dozen OOS players on their roster this year.

McD underachieve for years with some great talent. Seem to fad every year in playoffs.

MM whatever you think about him and his ways, he has given McD a gift with his sons and their Club teammates. I suspect they will be at top of MIAA again next year fighting for ship. Winning brings better players and McD at this time is on a roll. You can bet the local players in 6th-10th would love to play there if they could. McD is not shy about helping great local talent get in with many different ways.

Didnt know that many OOS players were on BL. If so, that may be a warning for things to come. Especially if BL gets on a roll with some big help from OOS players, CH , McD wont watch them do that without some reaction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree that Gilman will not be completely decimated but they definitely lost a ton of senior talent. They will contend for a playoff spot.

Mcdonough returns a bunch of talent, mostly from MM's 2025 91 team. The fool thing is that there aren't any OOS players. Can they 4-PEAT?

BL has #5 coming back but what else? They will need to expand their already burgeoning OOS roster to compete.

Spalding is the team to watch. They will be returning most of their starting lineup from last year.

CH will reload. They will be in the playoffs.

Loyola & St Paul's will battle for the #6 seed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not much?!

57 Varsity
35 JV
30 F/S

Class sizes:

They will be fine.

Wow a lot of kids just not much talent. 25/26 class is weak to say the least.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NOT St Mary’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL

Gilman will be in mix as of now. If they perform as they should, and no injuries, may not be a final 2/3 team, but should be right below them. Who knows, may make a run and surprise a few teams. One thing, they arent the Gilman of a few years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman will be in mix as of now. If they perform as they should, and no injuries, may not be a final 2/3 team, but should be right below them. Who knows, may make a run and surprise a few teams. One thing, they arent the Gilman of a few years ago.

LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL

Son didnt make Gilman Varsity by your remark. Have him try harder or transfer to MSJ .. He might make Varsity there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son didnt make Gilman Varsity by your remark. Have him try harder or transfer to MSJ .. He might make Varsity there

LOL. Roster looked pretty full of 26's that never saw the field.....But who cares...they will be great social justice warriors in college!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the woke bogeyman in the room with you right now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Roster looked pretty full of 26's that never saw the field.....But who cares...they will be great social justice warriors in college!!!!

Sorry you are so bitter over the Creators game, maybe have your son try another sport to make his parent less bitter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have the list of who made the All-MIAA team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard the rumor about a couple ( not one ) of top players transferring out of one of top four MIAA into another top MIAA school. If its true, going to be a meltdown at one school and celebration at another. Dont want to say much until someone else has too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have the list of who made the All-MIAA team?

isn't the All-MIAA team just a list of players at each school named by their own coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard the rumor about a couple ( not one ) of top players transferring out of one of top four MIAA into another top MIAA school. If its true, going to be a meltdown at one school and celebration at another. Dont want to say much until someone else has too.

If they played Varsity they gotta sit out a year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably not true. Those "top players" would be ineligible to compete at the new school for one year in whichever varsity sport they participated in. I believe the only exception to that rule is if they are commuting more than xx number of miles to their current school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top kids can transfer out.
But they have to sit a year if they played on Varsity.
If they don't have to sit, they weren't a top kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

McD underachieve for years with some great talent. Seem to fad every year in playoffs.

MM whatever you think about him and his ways, he has given McD a gift with his sons and their Club teammates. I suspect they will be at top of MIAA again next year fighting for ship. Winning brings better players and McD at this time is on a roll. You can bet the local players in 6th-10th would love to play there if they could. McD is not shy about helping great local talent get in with many different ways.

Didnt know that many OOS players were on BL. If so, that may be a warning for things to come. Especially if BL gets on a roll with some big help from OOS players, CH , McD wont watch them do that without some reaction.

And if SP would have gone along with MM and re-classes little MM, they would have had the dynasty now instead of McD. I agree McD is tough to beat next year and should stay strong for a few years following due to inertia. CHS continues to drop without Kelly sponsorship of OOS players. They will keep the big bench but talent will continue to thin and they are out of kids with the last name Kelly.

Like Reply Quote
Page 333 of 335 1 2 331 332 333 334 335
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard