Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you dont know who the coaches are going in, its a bad sign. Teams usually give you a date that you need to reply by. I have never officially taken a spot by that date. If they want your son they will wait. I always tell them "we are making sure this is the ideal fit for our son and will let you know by DATE OF MY CHOICE". Most of them get it. If they pull the BS that you are going to lose your spot, then again bad sign. You are paying a lot of money to play on their team. I

I agree with what you are saying. I would say that if they DONT know their coaches, then buyer beware. This year there is a long time between tryouts for the known teams. 3-4 weeks. If you make a early team...zero chance they are going to wait 3-4 weeks for a answer. They need to fill their roster also. I would also ask without a doubt for roster size. That to me is just as big of a deal. Some teams have ridiculously large rosters....$$$ rules. Everyone has a number they will stick to. Anything over 20/21 is a joke IMO.
Good luck!

20 max and agree on above.