Originally Posted by Anonymous
He's coaching so his daughter gets played. She will play both girls & boys a few years. If your son isn't good he won't see the field at all. Do you want that from a team in THIRD grade?

100% correct. He plays 12 kids 90% of the time on both of his other teams. But his daughter can't play both. Girls lax is more travel than boys. She'll have to pick one and I heard its next summer. This thing with JS coaching that team is a complete bait and switch. I feel bad for anyone that falls for it.

You guys are speaking as if Rooney wouldn't be a draw by himself. People would be silly to doubt how good he is. And if you only get one year, you have to take it, the next year is always a crap shoot anyway.

With all due respect, he's the equivalent of most coaches on other teams. He's definite not the draw. No one would be excited to get on that team if he were coaching. Don't misunderstand me, he a quality coach and very qualified, but what A team coach isn't? JS is listed as a coach now on 4 different teams, plus PAL, plus Lizards, plus Stony Brook. How much time is he going to honestly spend with 3rd graders? And how many of them will his screaming make cry? Buyer beware on this one people!