@BackOfTheCAGE
Posted By: TLaxOne Annapolis Hawks -
Forum to discuss the Annapolis Hawks organization.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Annapolis Hawks -
18-6
10-3

#hoganisadbag #redneckparents #hawkssuck
Originally Posted by Anonymous
18-6
10-3

Evidence of the character of Hawks parents.

18-6
10-3

Evidence of the blind leading the blind-
18-6
10-3

Evidence of the blind leading the blind leading the blind
Well run organization that plays against top competition all year.

Agree 100%. The Hawks have a lock on AA County and parts of Howard County. In contrast, the talent in Baltimore only gets more diluted (Crabs, FCA, Looney's, 91...).

The perpetual knock on The Hawks is that the Hogan tournaments that the teams have to play in are demeaning to the brand. I know that the program makes money from the tournaments but let's face it, for the most part, they are low A to B events at best (except Naptown).
There really isn't an organization in Maryland othervirrus than Hawks that has quality teams at virtually every grade. Well run organization with coaches with serious lacrosse pedigree.

Agree 100%. The Hawks have a lock on AA County and parts of Howard County. In contrast, the talent in Baltimore only gets more diluted (Crabs, FCA, Looney's, 91...).

The perpetual knock on The Hawks is that the Hogan tournaments that the teams have to play in are demeaning to the brand. I know that the program makes money from the tournaments but let's face it, for the most part, they are low A to B events at best (except Naptown).

Not as much as you get to middle school. My 2021 played Naptown only last year and maybe a fall one the year before. This year is the same

Agree...well coached and well run organization fully exploiting the holdback clause. Congrats.

Agree...well coached and well run organization fully exploiting the holdback clause. Congrats.

Exploiting by taking the best kids that show up at tryouts and comply with league rules. Sounds very shady to me.

There really isn't an organization in Maryland othervirrus than Hawks that has quality teams at virtually every grade. Well run organization with coaches with serious lacrosse pedigree.

Bethesda probably the only other club as consistent.

18-6
10-3

Have fun in B league Dbacks
Anyone know about their expansion into Richmond?

Agree that the Hogan Tournaments aren't the best competition for their very good teams.
Also, they tend to favor St. Marys kids.
teaching kids how to play zone defenses great way to develop players. Nothing better then a 5-4 game at the youth level. LET THEM PLAY!!!!!
18-6
10-3

Not trying to stir the pot but ... what is this 18-6 and 10-3 that I keep seeing? And who is "flat brim"? Don't follow things closely enough to know all the inside references.
how about you coach them how to beat the zone....oh maybe you don't know that...
18-6
10-3

Not trying to stir the pot but ... what is this 18-6 and 10-3 that I keep seeing? And who is "flat brim"? Don't follow things closely enough to know all the inside references.

"Flat Brim" is a former Crabs coach/parent who wears distinctive baseball hats that feature flat visors. (he also wears colorful sunglasses at times). The scores are a reference to a couple of games played between Hawks/Diamondbacks. Hawks won both, but then again, they had a superteam last year and beat everyone and many by wide margins (which I define as more than 5 goals). Hawks are the kings of the hill at the moment akin to the crabs teams of 5 or 6 years ago that did not lose, and won big. Diamondbacks are the "kid brothers" at the moment with continuing potential.
Any mention of Hawks and API in the same sentence is silly but now even more so since 8 of their kids were at Hawks tryouts and several joined. How many How many Hawks were at Dbag tryouts? How many left to go to Dbags? None and None. How many of the Hawks who got cut this year moved to the Diamondbacks? None. They were the only so called elite team still having tryouts when the Hawks made cuts and the ex Hawks decided to drop down a level or 2 instead of trying out for the 3rd best team in the world. Says a lot!!!

18-6
10-3
Clearly you follow posts! This must be the guy obsessed with "flat brim" as there are no posts that talk about him in the Hawks forum! DoI need to ask the moderator of this forum who you are? It is a little scary that you constantly talk about this guy and his kid!
Don't have a kid on either team but wonder if your kids read this would dad be proud?
I know this family well. I guarantee they don't know what is being said about the dad or the kid. It is unacceptable at this point.

Agree that the Hogan Tournaments aren't the best competition for their very good teams.

lol
Hogan tournaments are geared towards all levels of lacrosse and more specific to youth level lacrosse. This has been so since day one. His tournaments are a great way for all Rec, Rec All Stars and smaller clubs from all across the country and Canada to play in a tournament. Hogan tourneys have a slot for almost every level of lacrosse . So teams can fit in and play against same level competiton.All of his tournaments are in great locations for families . Hogan Lax tournaments are also by far the best run tournaments out there.

Hawks happens to be in Annapolis same place St. Marys is. Shocker their teams have kids from that school on them. (kids good enough to play on any other team)
18-6
10-3

"Flat Brim" is a former Crabs coach/parent who wears distinctive baseball hats that feature flat visors. (he also wears colorful sunglasses at times). The scores are a reference to a couple of games played between Hawks/Diamondbacks. Hawks won both, but then again, they had a superteam last year and beat everyone and many by wide margins (which I define as more than 5 goals). Hawks are the kings of the hill at the moment akin to the crabs teams of 5 or 6 years ago that did not lose, and won big. Diamondbacks are the "kid brothers" at the moment with continuing potential.

They are talking about the 2022 Hawks. I believe Flat Brim is a 2023 coach that bounces between Looneys and Crabs with his kid.

They used to favor St. Marys kids. They tend to favor Severna Park kids more these days.

How is the JV high school team going to do this year against the middle school kids.

They used to favor St. Marys kids. They tend to favor Severna Park kids more these days.

This is a stretch. Yes, there are a few SP kids on the hawks but there are far more St Mary's kids. There is a very clear bias towards having St Marys kids on Hawks teams. Hogan has even admitted it before.

This is a stretch. Yes, there are a few SP kids on the hawks but there are far more St Mary's kids. There is a very clear bias towards having St Marys kids on Hawks teams. Hogan has even admitted it before.

Admitted it to you ?
Hawks are in favor of the best talent that shows up to try outs . Cut and Dry

not true, kids are from multiple schools and has no bearing on team selection.

Matt has never said any such thing, this is simply not true. No one school is favored over another. The two schools that you mention are two of the best programs in the county, so naturally there are going to be numbers from those schools at the best program in the county. There are kids from everywhere on the rosters.
If you think that the Hawks organization does not favor St. Mary's kids and that St. Mary's lacrosse does not favor Hawks kids you are either blissfully ignorant or simply stupid
If you think that the Hawks organization does not favor St. Mary's kids and that St. Mary's lacrosse does not favor Hawks kids you are either blissfully ignorant or simply stupid

Hogan started Hawks while coaching at St Mary's to keep his kids from having to go up to Baltimore to play for Crabs or the other high profile recruiting teams.

Hogan's son and Cottle's son and many other Dad coaches kids on Hawks play for st. Mary's.

Severna Parks head coach is also a Hawks coach.

So there is likely a bias towards both these schools.

Go Hawks! Go Saints!

I heard the 2022 Hawks cut 3 kids and 2 were from Baltimore. I heard the 2023 team cut 3 kids and 2 were from Baltimore. One was a set of brothers. Both the 2022 and 2023 brothers were asked to stay on the B team and turned down tryouts and offers from other team . None of the 4 cut Baltimore kids are playing anywhere. I guess they like holdbacks and out of state kids over Baltimore kids.

I heard the 2022 Hawks cut 3 kids and 2 were from Baltimore. I heard the 2023 team cut 3 kids and 2 were from Baltimore. One was a set of brothers. Both the 2022 and 2023 brothers were asked to stay on the B team and turned down tryouts and offers from other team . None of the 4 cut Baltimore kids are playing anywhere. I guess they like holdbacks and out of state kids over Baltimore kids.

with all of the club teams in Baltimore why would want to fight traffic to play for an annapolis team?

with all of the club teams in Baltimore why would want to fight traffic to play for an annapolis team?

The Baltimore clubs are all a mess right now at those ages. None of them can keep players or coaches.

I am neither, just more educated about the tryout process than you are. Your perception of how things are done is askew, if you think that attending a particular school plays into selection for a team.

You heard wrong

You heard wrong

I heard this , I heard that, sounds like my teenage daughter and her friends . The amount of stupidity on these forums is comical. Here is a thought, maybe these players just had a bad try out or flat out not good enough for that team. Parents better also start realizing that clubs, coaches will not take a kid who has a dad that is a jerk off and is known to be a loud mouth. Character means as much as talent. Every try out ant where in the state has its flaws but Hogan runs about the most impressive and cut throat tournaments, camps, try outs and teams. The WIN column proves it year after year.
Character is important but talent wins out. No question about it on any club, not just the Hawks. A dad of one the Hawks top goalies posted anti-Hawk comments on Facebook and was accepted back. The same dad took his kid off of the field on three occasions in the past two years. The kid is very good but to say that the parent's actions out weigh the kids skills is just plain absurd.
Winning is the only thing that is important on any club. You have to win in order to charge $2000 and keep kids consistently in your program. Do not think of a team as developmental. Think of it as $2000 x 24 kids. A lot of money is being made off of these families.
Character is important but talent wins out. No question about it on any club, not just the Hawks. A dad of one the Hawks top goalies posted anti-Hawk comments on Facebook and was accepted back. The same dad took his kid off of the field on three occasions in the past two years. The kid is very good but to say that the parent's actions out weigh the kids skills is just plain absurd.
Winning is the only thing that is important on any club. You have to win in order to charge $2000 and keep kids consistently in your program. Do not think of a team as developmental. Think of it as $2000 x 24 kids. A lot of money is being made off of these families.

And the crazy thing most of the Hawks parents would rather lose every game rather than deal with that nonsense. Probably the worse parent I have witnessed in youth lacrosse and I have been on sidelines of Long Island team LOL Glad they aren't on my son's team.

Nice try but you are so far off on this. Why would you make up lor spread lies like this? I don't like the Hawks one bit but I know all the Baltimore kids and their families on The 2022 and 2023 teams. The 2022 brother did get cut but he IS on another club and they are looking forward to their new challenge. Be is a talented and great kid and he will be fine. The dad said how the Hawks coach was making calls on his behalf to other teams including the team my son plays with. His brother DID NOT get cut from the 2023 team and is playing with them again this season unless something changed in the last few days. The other 2022 Baltimore kid DID NOT get cut by the Hawks. He is an outstanding player who loves lacrosse more than maybe any kid I know. He tried out for another club and accepted their offer. He was NOT cut. He was a valuable member of the Hawks for several years. His family was very active with the Hawks also. Never heard them say a bad word. He has many friends already on his new team. He is looming forward to his new team and upcoming season. The other Baltimore kid on the 2023 team did get cut. I don't know them as well as the others but he IS on another club..i think he was only with the Hawks for 1 season. He is a really good player that really knows how to play the game. He will be fine.

I have no idea what Hawks think about Baltimore players and don't really care but stop LYING about individual kids and families like this. You already have someone on this threaded questioning the talents of the kids and the character of their parents. Disgusting

Nice try but you are so far off on this. Why would you make up lor spread lies like this? I don't like the Hawks one bit but I know all the Baltimore kids and their families on The 2022 and 2023 teams. The 2022 brother did get cut but he IS on another club and they are looking forward to their new challenge. Be is a talented and great kid and he will be fine. The dad said how the Hawks coach was making calls on his behalf to other teams including the team my son plays with. His brother DID NOT get cut from the 2023 team and is playing with them again this season unless something changed in the last few days. The other 2022 Baltimore kid DID NOT get cut by the Hawks. He is an outstanding player who loves lacrosse more than maybe any kid I know. He tried out for another club and accepted their offer. He was NOT cut. He was a valuable member of the Hawks for several years. His family was very active with the Hawks also. Never heard them say a bad word. He has many friends already on his new team. He is looming forward to his new team and upcoming season. The other Baltimore kid on the 2023 team did get cut. I don't know them as well as the others but he IS on another club..i think he was only with the Hawks for 1 season. He is a really good player that really knows how to play the game. He will be fine.

I have no idea what Hawks think about Baltimore players and don't really care but stop LYING about individual kids and families like this. You already have someone on this threaded questioning the talents of the kids and the character of their parents. Disgusting

I have no idea what Hawks think about Baltimore players and don't really care but stop LYING about individual kids and families like this. You already have someone on this threaded questioning the talents of the kids and the character of their parents. Disgusting[/quote]

Thank you to whoever wrote the above factual (and kind) words. My son is one of the former Hawks 2022 players being talked about here. I avoid this forum because it distresses me, but someone told me he was mentioned on here so I took a peek. I was dismayed to see so much misinformation. He and his buddies chose to go from Baltimore to Annapolis because they enjoyed the coaches and teammates. It was a good experience, but it came to an end as these things sometimes do. My son is excited about his new team and wishes nothing but the best for his former Hawks teammates. My husband and I feel the same way. Here's hoping all the kiddos have a safe and healthy school year. Julie Newman

you might be a hawk parent if...

you think "loading the dishwasher" means getting your wife drunk.
you ever cut your grass and found a car.
you own a home that is mobile and 5 cars that aren't.
your boat has not left the drive-way in 15 years.
your wife's job requires her to wear an orange vest.
you think "taking out the trash" means taking your in-laws to a movie.

Thank you to whoever wrote the above factual (and kind) words. My son is one of the former Hawks 2022 players being talked about here. I avoid this forum because it distresses me, but someone told me he was mentioned on here so I took a peek. I was dismayed to see so much misinformation. He and his buddies chose to go from Baltimore to Annapolis because they enjoyed the coaches and teammates. It was a good experience, but it came to an end as these things sometimes do. My son is excited about his new team and wishes nothing but the best for his former Hawks teammates. My husband and I feel the same way. Here's hoping all the kiddos have a safe and healthy school year. Julie Newman

Now let's see the original poster who heard this or that sign their name and claim that post.

You might be a hawk parent if...
you served in the military.
you serve thanksgiving dinner for hundreds of people at your church each year.
you drove an hour out of your way to pick up a teammate for practice because you knew they were going through hard times.
you cried because all the boys on the team wore pink ribbons on their helmet for a grandmother with cancer
you drove your kid to Annapolis very early one morning to run alongside his teammates in the race for wounded soldiers

Truth.

Why would anyone play for the Hawks? Better clubs that are almost half the cost.
Why would anyone play for the Hawks? Better clubs that are almost half the cost.

I have one statement and one question

1) Read above post
2) Name one club better at half the cost

Finally an informed response

1) Read above post

Crabs and FCA

Are you saying these are descriptions of the St Mary's parents since this who Hawks favors?

1) Read above post

Crabs and FCA

both good clubs and comparable, but neither are better across the board and nowhere near half the cost

Are you saying these are descriptions of the St Mary's parents since this who Hawks favors?

ironically, yes.

1) Read above post

Crabs and FCA

both good clubs and comparable, but neither are better across the board and nowhere near half the cost

Hello everyone all these clubs charge the same amount of money with a +- ratio of $400. And if you are signing up for travel sports in 2017 you should be prepared to spend real money.

1) Read above post

Crabs and FCA

Hello everyone all these clubs charge the same amount of money with a +- ratio of $400. And if you are signing up for travel sports in 2017 you should be prepared to spend real money.

I have no idea what Hawks costs to be able to say if Crabs and FCA are half.

you’ve ever financed a tattoo.
your wife doesn’t remove the Marlboro from her lips before telling the State Trooper to kiss her [lacrosse].
you ever got too drunk to fish.
your idea of a 7 course meal is a bucket of KFC and a sixpack.
you have spent more on your pickup truck than on your education.
you think you are an entrepreneur because of the “Dirt for Sale” sign in the front yard.

and this one is for the st marys white trash...
if you’ve ever made change in the offering plate.

youth sports industry is over $15 billion. how much higher can it go?

your wife doesn’t remove the Marlboro from her lips before telling the State Trooper to kiss her [lacrosse].
you think you are an entrepreneur because of the “Dirt for Sale” sign in the front yard.

why does Jeff Foxworthy hate the hawks so much, did his son get cut also

I don't think Foxworthy hates the hawks, I think he embraces them - they are rednecks just like he is.

I don't think Foxworthy hates the hawks, I think he embraces them - they are rednecks just like he is.

sorry your son didn't make whatever hawks team he tried out, better luck next yer

You must be a loser of a person who is trying to compensate for having a tiny ... if

You write complete garbage about Hawks due to your son getting cut from team
You think people that pay 15,000 plus for education cant afford a real home unlike your section 8 home
You wish that you had played lacrosse instead going home to your basement every day
You wish that you were in the military instead of playing with toy soldiers
You yell out every game " wheels" " hit him" " that is a penalty"
You tell anyone around you how much you know about lacrosse while they look on in disbelief
You wish your world didnt revolve around a lacrosse forum

You must be a loser of a person who is trying to compensate for having a tiny ... if

You think people that pay 15,000 plus for education cant afford a real home unlike your section 8 home
You wish that you had played lacrosse instead going home to your basement every day
You tell anyone around you how much you know about lacrosse while they look on in disbelief

bwahahahahah. under your skin.

Didnt realize that it hit so close to home. Here is some advice to improve a few things. Have your son practice more, find a job and put your kid in a private school, stop yelling and talking at games , get off forum occasionally...that tiny thing..not much you can do about that..

Didnt realize that it hit so close to home. Here is some advice to improve a few things. Have your son practice more, find a job and put your kid in a private school, stop yelling and talking at games , get off forum occasionally...that tiny thing..not much you can do about that..

your fat pig of a wife really seems to like it. but let's agree to get off off the topic of wives in this forum. i just got off yours.

#yourwifelikesmyd #hoganisadbag #redneckparents #hawkssuck
Have tryout times been posted?

No. I think in the past they would add time 2-3 weeks before. So maybe mid July.
They are over, sorry your son got cut again.

Tryout times are posted. They run well, so it's either you make the team or you had 4 hours of a worthwhile clinic for $60. https://www.annapolishawks.com/tryouts

No. I think in the past they would add time 2-3 weeks before. So maybe mid July.

https://www.annapolishawks.com/tryouts

Tryout times are posted. They run well, so it's either you make the team or you had 4 hours of a worthwhile clinic for $60. https://www.annapolishawks.com/tryouts

Agree with this post on a well run clinic and I would anticipate it will be a good turn out this year at most age groups. Another interesting note on Hawks tryouts. They have had a rule for a while that coaches kids have to get evaluated and make the teams just like everyone else.

“Evaluators- Current coaches, Position Directors, and Independent Experienced Coaches. Fathers involved in the program cannot evaluate players in their own son's position.”
Why would a team like the Hawks play in such a mediocre tournament this past weekend? Both teams were there , just curious
Why would a team like the Hawks play in such a mediocre tournament this past weekend? Both teams were there , just curious

What tournament are you talking about?

Maybe Young Gunz where the Hawks dominated.
Hawks on High!

Maybe Young Gunz where the Hawks dominated.

My guess is you weren't at NAL the weekend where they sent 4 teams to the best most competitive tournament so far this year. 4 in the championship with 1 winning it all. I would go ahead and start worrying about your own program, I think Matt knows what he's doing!

Millon and Young Gunz were the only 2 tournaments they played in the last weekend.

Agree with this post on a well run clinic and I would anticipate it will be a good turn out this year at most age groups. Another interesting note on Hawks tryouts. They have had a rule for a while that coaches kids have to get evaluated and make the teams just like everyone else.

“Evaluators- Current coaches, Position Directors, and Independent Experienced Coaches. Fathers involved in the program cannot evaluate players in their own son's position.”

If you believe the part about Fathers involved in the program no evaluating (or hand picking) players then you probably think gullible isn't in the dictionary.

If you believe the part about Fathers involved in the program no evaluating (or hand picking) players then you probably think gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Spot on and probably what leads to so little success for the program!!!

Spot on and probably what leads to so little success for the program!!!

LOL, what? Not a Hawks dad, but this statement is a joke.
So you got the joke!
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...oganlax-expands-lacrosse-portfolio/58351

Hawks go bigtime corporate. Can they keep the system rolling at least for another year or two before all the coaches leave?
Meanwhile, True's corporate behind just puckered a little. They have decimated a number of rec programs. But when it comes to corporate lax, how do they compete against the Hawks and 3d?

Hawks go bigtime corporate. Can they keep the system rolling at least for another year or two before all the coaches leave?
Meanwhile, True's corporate behind just puckered a little. They have decimated a number of rec programs. But when it comes to corporate lax, how do they compete against the Hawks and 3d?

Making money will become more important than running a measly club, therefore it’s the beginning of the end for Hawks.

Making money will become more important than running a measly club, therefore it’s the beginning of the end for Hawks.

I believe there is a lot of truth to that. Most big money clubs are so so
Yeah - hawks had a GREAT run.

What is the benefit of this for Hawks? did they sell the brand that will now be franchised? How does this compete with 3d or be absorbed by them? Is it an insurance play, less capital outlay. Sorry Im one of the not so smart lax folks and am not sure what either gets out of this deal.91 franchises and other than Md they are absolutely terrible at every level. 3d the same, maube a good team or two but when we see them on the schedule its a W, True? same. How does selling your local business benefit either. Thanks!

What is the benefit of this for Hawks? did they sell the brand that will now be franchised? How does this compete with 3d or be absorbed by them? Is it an insurance play, less capital outlay. Sorry Im one of the not so smart lax folks and am not sure what either gets out of this deal.91 franchises and other than Md they are absolutely terrible at every level. 3d the same, maube a good team or two but when we see them on the schedule its a W, True? same. How does selling your local business benefit either. Thanks!

No benefit to the players and families already here. If Hogan stays involved they will be fine but he’s clearly the glue. He’s great IMO but without him what’s the difference between them and True?

I guarantee they will be pushing for 2 teams at every age group unlike the past.

No benefit to the players and families already here. If Hogan stays involved they will be fine but he’s clearly the glue. He’s great IMO but without him what’s the difference between them and True?

I guarantee they will be pushing for 2 teams at every age group unlike the past.

Hawks, Aloha, 3D also have tournaments. That's where the profit is. Hogan is in his 60s so he cashed out like we all would.
The Hawks were the obvious choice in MD to buy. They have a lock on AA county and have been relevant nationally for years. Is there a Baltimore club program that is relevant top to bottom anymore? Now I hear True and Predators have teams in Baltimore? Baltimore can support 2 to 3 good (good nationally) teams per age group per year tops. With the current dilution, parents are paying $2k/yr for what MYLA was providing 5 years ago for $90/yr. I hope the investment doesn’t ruin the Hawks program.
You usually sell when you want out.

Or you see the writing on the wall.. Lacrosse is losing numbers.

Nonsense.

Anyway hawks dominance will start to diminish and that’s ok. Good for hogan on retirement.

Lacrosse could not be in a better place overall though so the losing numbers is fiction.

Huh? Fastest growing sport.
The Hawks were the obvious choice in MD to buy. They have a lock on AA county and have been relevant nationally for years. Is there a Baltimore club program that is relevant top to bottom anymore? Now I hear True and Predators have teams in Baltimore? Baltimore can support 2 to 3 good (good nationally) teams per age group per year tops. With the current dilution, parents are paying $2k/yr for what MYLA was providing 5 years ago for $90/yr. I hope the investment doesn’t ruin the Hawks program.

The quality is already slipping. No Hawks team is no 1 anymore. Hogan often used non taxed labor to get his work done. They'll just become another True with a mixed bag of quality.

The quality is already slipping. No Hawks team is no 1 anymore. Hogan often used non taxed labor to get his work done. They'll just become another True with a mixed bag of quality.

Hawks rule, erbody else drool! Any fun shots of the guys making the deallyo?

I would still say that 28, 27, and 22 team are the best if not 2nd. 26 and 23 are both top 5. 25 and 24 are top 10. That’s pretty good for one program.

Nonsense.

Anyway hawks dominance will start to diminish and that’s ok. Good for hogan on retirement.

Lacrosse could not be in a better place overall though so the losing numbers is fiction.

Sorry to burst your bubble. It is losing numbers. More Clubs than ever, but numbers are slowly going down, Dont expect the trend to stop, Clubs are expensive at youth level. Spin away.

Nonsense.

Sorry to burst your bubble. It is losing numbers. More Clubs than ever, but numbers are slowly going down, Dont expect the trend to stop, Clubs are expensive at youth level. Spin away.

Source?
Hawks isnt going anywhere! All of the teams in the org are in the top 20 according to US Lacrosse. Hogan will step away after the partnership is comfortable running Hogan Lax and Hawks. If anything I'd be scared now that one of the largest lax businesses just acquired a national powerhouse
Hawks was not the club 3Step wanted to purchase. Hawks was the third club they tried to buy in the Balto metro area. Whether or not they suceed will depend on who they decide to run the program. Good luck this most likely will not turn out well.
Hawks isnt going anywhere! All of the teams in the org are in the top 20 according to US Lacrosse. Hogan will step away after the partnership is comfortable running Hogan Lax and Hawks. If anything I'd be scared now that one of the largest lax businesses just acquired a national powerhouse

All coaches names have been removed from the Annapolis Hawks website. Heard from one of the coaches they were told that the new company was going to re-evaluate all of them and make changes to coaching staff's across the board. This should be fun to watch, maybe hawks history of daddy ball will finally come to an end.
All coaches names have been removed from the Annapolis Hawks website. Heard from one of the coaches they were told that the new company was going to re-evaluate all of them and make changes to coaching staff's across the board. This should be fun to watch, maybe hawks history of daddy ball will finally come to an end.

🍿
I can’t imagine they would change anything right away. It’ll take a season or two for the guys from corporate who are here to help start to ruin everything.

Weird, when you go on their site and click on coaches, it lists every head and assistant coach in the organization as well as a bio on each one.

This is fiction. A quick search of the site shows all coaches are still listed. Sorry your kid got cut.

All coaches names have been removed from the Annapolis Hawks website. Heard from one of the coaches they were told that the new company was going to re-evaluate all of them and make changes to coaching staff's across the board. This

should be fun to watch, maybe hawks history of daddy ball will finally come to an end.

They haven’t been removed on the internet I use

https://www.annapolishawks.com/coaches-bio-s

🍿

All the coaches bios are still up. Try again
One troll really got you guys!
One troll really got you guys!

hahahaha - that was fun for a few minutes. Every single one of you went racing to their website.
I heard from a guy who knows a guy who is a coach that said 3 Step is buying Crabs and Madlax
I heard from a guy who knows a guy who is a coach that said 3 Step is buying Crabs and Madlax
Nice try on that one. Big Daddy ain’t letting Crabs go.

Hes one heart attack away from selling

Hes one heart attack away from selling

He appears to be one heart attack away every time I see him
Literally all of the coaches names are still on the website. #fakenews

https://www.annapolishawks.com/coaches-bio-s

Nonsense.

Typical of any lax discussion in MD, what are we talking about? MD or nationwide? MD OF COURSE lol. Yes involvement/engagement in MD/NOVA has probably peaked with the 2025 class. 2026, 2028, and 2029 are all smaller groups of "club--interested" kids. As businesses, these 15-20 year old clubs have really two options, keep the brand going with a new generation of local leadership (which means you've mentored new management talent before now)........or you just sell out and take the money. Nobody (no one person) wants to run a youth sports business behind 15-20 years, I can't imagine. Entrepeneurs get bored.

However outside of Maryland the sport is exploding and I would think the market maturity (early/hot) is what it was here in MD in 2003-2005 (with the 2005-2009 grad classes). If you have a MD kid playing any younger than the 2028 or 2029 class, good luck with D1 recruitment. Your son will have to face squads coached by a new generation of MadLax-esque coaches coming out of Raleigh, Orlando, Dallas, Phoenix, etc.

Nonsense.

Typical of any lax discussion in MD, what are we talking about? MD or nationwide? MD OF COURSE lol. Yes involvement/engagement in MD/NOVA has probably peaked with the 2025 class. 2026, 2028, and 2029 are all smaller groups of "club--interested" kids. As businesses, these 15-20 year old clubs have really two options, keep the brand going with a new generation of local leadership (which means you've mentored new management talent before now)........or you just sell out and take the money. Nobody (no one person) wants to run a youth sports business behind 15-20 years, I can't imagine. Entrepeneurs get bored.

However outside of Maryland the sport is exploding and I would think the market maturity (early/hot) is what it was here in MD in 2003-2005 (with the 2005-2009 grad classes). If you have a MD kid playing any younger than the 2028 or 2029 class, good luck with D1 recruitment. Your son will have to face squads coached by a new generation of MadLax-esque coaches coming out of Raleigh, Orlando, Dallas, Phoenix, etc.

Illogical argument.

By 2028/2029 there will be significantly more D1 programs than there are now. You are presuming the number of kids nationally goes up but the D1 programs will stay at current levels.

Nonsense.

Illogical argument.

By 2028/2029 there will be significantly more D1 programs than there are now. You are presuming the number of kids nationally goes up but the D1 programs will stay at current levels.

Good point.
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...buying-so-many-lacrosse-companies-/58791
and the rich get richer and the strong get stronger

All the lax tourneys NXT, Aloha and Hogan are now run by 3Step
With the new additions to the 2026 Hawks Team they will run the table in HOCO and resume their rightful place as the best team in the Country. Wait to you see this defense!!!!
With the new additions to the 2026 Hawks Team they will run the table in HOCO and resume their rightful place as the best team in the Country. Wait to you see this defense!!!!

Most kids on the team will be replace soon. That’s hawks develope talent.

I think 91 will have something to say about that this year.

TIGERS
EXPRESS
PRIME TIME

Wow!!!!

TIGERS
EXPRESS
PRIME TIME

Wow!!!!

They go 3-0!!!! Hawks 10-3 vs Tigers, 12-5 vs LI Express and 16-3 vs PT. You heard it first; this team is BACK!!! LETS GO

TIGERS
EXPRESS
PRIME TIME

Wow!!!!

They go 3-0!!!! Hawks 10-3 vs Tigers, 12-5 vs LI Express and 16-3 vs PT. You heard it first; this team is BACK!!! LETS GO

2026 Hawks peaked in 6th grade.

TIGERS
EXPRESS
PRIME TIME

Wow!!!!

2026 Hawks peaked in 6th grade.

Come back to the Board on the 14th and tell me again how they peaked!!
Come back to the Board on the 14th and tell me again how they peaked!!

Lumber Boy is BACK!!!!
Lumber Boy is BACK!!!!

In one room I would like to get Lumber Boy, 91 goalie dad, 91 attack dad, and listen to the conversation. The intelligence factor would be off the hook
Guys, the person who started all this (and feeding it) is a troll. None of the Hawks or their parents are thinking or talking this nonsense. The Hawks are working hard and looking forward to the spring. That is all.
Guys, the person who started all this (and feeding it) is a troll. None of the Hawks or their parents are thinking or talking this nonsense. The Hawks are working hard and looking forward to the spring. That is all.

And yes, they peaked in 6th grade.

And yes, they peaked in 6th grade.

Great. Good to know!
Nope, the Diamondbacks peaked, just rebranded as Hawks.

Thanks Rage

Thanks Rage

Yes. I’m raging. Great call.
Where did that really good 26 Middie go?

Crabs

Crabs

Fake News. He is with Hawks and going to McDonogh with FCA middie.

Crabs

The Miles Jones clone?

Crabs

The Miles Jones clone?

The white Myles Jones, yes
The white Myles Jones, yes

No he said the best middie.
Which one is the best middie then?
Which one is the best middie then?

Easy there Dad, we all know who is
A program run by parents with little integrity……
No context, just wanting post attention on an anonymous forum?
It’s a program run by 3step and Hogan, not parents.
Same with the Hawks 2025 Green team. It’s
Daddy ball and a head coach who lets the parents dictate who plays and who doesn’t. To the boys who won’t be recruited because of the coaching staff.. I feel for you guys I really do. Hard work down the drain.

Someone's son got cut and is upset. Some boys just arent made for Top Tier programs and a D1 future, others are.

If you thought club lax was a meritocracy, man, you are YEARS behind the conversations that matter. A better dad would have sniffed it in the wind by 6th grade.
We live rent free in your head!!!!!!!

Jealousy is an ugly thing

If you thought club lax was a meritocracy, man, you are YEARS behind the conversations that matter. A better dad would have sniffed it in the wind by 6th grade.

You keep posting this on every thread. Why do you think club lax isn’t a meritocracy?
How is HAWKS doing after tryouts? Heard not as strong in some teams, but improvement in others?
How is HAWKS doing after tryouts? Heard not as strong in some teams, but improvement in others?

2024's - #6
2025's - #5
2026's - #10
2028's - #2
2029 - #3

US Club lax ranking as of 7/27

2024's - #6
2025's - #5
2026's - #10
2028's - #2
2029 - #3

. Good news all that talent will be heading to Spalding

2024's - #6
2025's - #5
2026's - #10
2028's - #2
2029 - #3

I like how the back-to-back-to-back-to-back... HoCo elite champ 2027 is left out because they are only #24! Tough crowd!

2024's - #6
2025's - #5
2026's - #10
2028's - #2
2029 - #3

These standings are prior to tryouts.

2024's - #6
2025's - #5
2026's - #10
2028's - #2
2029 - #3

These standings are prior to tryouts.
They are all stronger now!
Not the 26's. Lost some key pieces, and the #10 ranking is a joke. How do you move up in the rankings after going 1-3 at NLF and losing to the #40 and getting spanked by the #30.
Not the 26's. Lost some key pieces, and the #10 ranking is a joke. How do you move up in the rankings after going 1-3 at NLF and losing to the #40 and getting spanked by the #30.

They are using Spalding math.

They are using Spalding math.
Chuckle.

2024's - #6
2025's - #5
2026's - #10
2028's - #2
2029 - #3

More boys are leaving Spalding and heading to other schools and different clubs. The toxic culture at Splading and club is exhausting. Spalding created this toxic environment, even with new staff it’s just going to get worse.

Its all about goal diff not wins and losses.

2024's - #6
2025's - #5
2026's - #10
2028's - #2
2029 - #3

More boys are leaving Spalding and heading to other schools and different clubs. The toxic culture at Splading and club is exhausting. Spalding created this toxic environment, even with new staff it’s just going to get worse.

There he is again. Still moaning after all these years, OK, I have attempted to say this in a nice way before, Your son didnt get the invite to go with the other boys to Spalding due to his ability. Nothing more. MDLax had nothing to do with it nor the coaches, it was all on your son and his lack of ability. Time to move on. I am sure your son has.
The Hawks just dont seem like the Hawks of a few years ago, Teams are struggling .

Which is a terrible way to rank these teams.
If you switch from goal diff to just W/L you'll have people saying "that is a terrible way to rank these teams".

Which is a terrible way to rank these teams.

What way do you suggest? I find it to be pretty on target. Only issues I see is if a team has a lot less games, and haven't played good teams, they can be rated too high, but typically after summer, it all evens out.
The Hawks just dont seem like the Hawks of a few years ago, Teams are struggling .
They need to replace their parent coaches. They will continue to struggle until they do. The better players will continue to leave for teams where a dad isn't in charge.
They need to replace their parent coaches. They will continue to struggle until they do. The better players will continue to leave for teams where a dad isn't in charge.

Isn't parent coaches par for the course?

Hogan has allowed parents to coach but then once the team get to high school age he typically replaces them with a coach that has coached at the high school/college level. This has not been the case since he sold to 3D and why his product has been diluted.

Hogan has allowed parents to coach but then once the team get to high school age he typically replaces them with a coach that has coached at the high school/college level. This has not been the case since he sold to 3D and why his product has been diluted.

The corporate acquisition for youth sports has typically included strict limits on payment for coaches, that's why you're seeing this. Why would Coach X show up for 9th grade Hawks when Kyle Harrison will pay him 3X as much to coach at Clippers, with slightly lower expectations and slightly less bonkers parents?

I could be wrong here, but 30 miles north, the reason Breakers (who had a decent run in the early 2000s) officially folded this summer wasn't (just) the wildly inconsistent product since 2018ish, but 3Step's acquisition in 2020 meant a very low ceiling on Breakers coach pay and resources (fields, indoor space in winter, etc). Given the coaches disappearing, kind of like, like Zingoes and True (who pay better than 3Step), Breakers parents generally did not play lacrosse in their day, and there weren't enough dad coaches to keep the club afloat. A club like Hawks has that Dad-Infrastructure to lean on....but it generally is not going to produce excellence.

The corporate acquisition for youth sports has typically included strict limits on payment for coaches, that's why you're seeing this. Why would Coach X show up for 9th grade Hawks when Kyle Harrison will pay him 3X as much to coach at Clippers, with slightly lower expectations and slightly less bonkers parents?

I could be wrong here, but 30 miles north, the reason Breakers (who had a decent run in the early 2000s) officially folded this summer wasn't (just) the wildly inconsistent product since 2018ish, but 3Step's acquisition in 2020 meant a very low ceiling on Breakers coach pay and resources (fields, indoor space in winter, etc). Given the coaches disappearing, kind of like, like Zingoes and True (who pay better than 3Step), Breakers parents generally did not play lacrosse in their day, and there weren't enough dad coaches to keep the club afloat. A club like Hawks has that Dad-Infrastructure to lean on....but it generally is not going to produce excellence.

True is falling apart is this area. Breakers, Zingos and Clippers are glorified rec programs.

True is falling apart is this area. Breakers, Zingos and Clippers are glorified rec programs.

Zingos doesn't have one team (HS or youth) ranked in the top 50. But hey Z4L suites those low aspiration parents.
What is going on with the Hawks 32 team. Heard there was a total implosion with the age rules and other clubs swooped in and poached some good players. Anyone with some insight?
Daddy ball and daddy’s kid playing 100% of the time, especially when daddy’s son is mediocre at best and other players have to adjust to daddy’s son. At the high school level there should be zero dads coaching. Ask the boys and boys parents on the 25 team they have a lot of opinions about daddy coach and son.

Talk about a low blow. Breakers,Zingos and Clippers mentioned on Hawks page.
What is going on with the Hawks 32 team. Heard there was a total implosion with the age rules and other clubs swooped in and poached some good players. Anyone with some insight?

Multiple Hawks teams have imploded. 2030s have only like 14-15 players. 2031s have already gone through a HC. Hogans legacy is crumbling. Nobody could do it like him for that org.

Thank you for your service, Captain Obvious. The point was that the "big lax" corporate model doesn't do a good job of attracting or retaining coaching talent.

Thank you for your service, Captain Obvious. The point was that the "big lax" corporate model doesn't do a good job of attracting or retaining coaching talent.

I think the pp was simply a saying you should compare Hawks to breakers and zingos. It might be too early to use clippers as an example as they haven’t even played a game yet.
I have a 2026 and a 2028 son and both their teams beat the Hawks this summer, but when they tried to brag about it to the other, in both cases one brother said to the other "BFD, everyone knows the Hawks aren't any good anymore."
I have a 2026 and a 2028 son and both their teams beat the Hawks this summer, but when they tried to brag about it to the other, in both cases one brother said to the other "BFD, everyone knows the Hawks aren't any good anymore."

28 Hawks are the best team in the country I believe- so your funny story doesn't add up.

28 Hawks are the best team in the country I believe- so your funny story doesn't add up.

The 28 team lost a bunch of players. That doesnt add up to a best team. Lucky to be in top 5 of MD this year. Now that you can add up. Sorry Coach.

They must be talking about the black team.

Hawks rule, others drool.
Sorry, we are the best and are here to stay.
Have fun playing for second from here on out. Hawwwwks up!!

Finished your summer reading and are bored now, are ya?

Finished your summer reading and are bored now, are ya?

These are not Hawks parents. Lolz at beating the Hawks B teams and thinking they weren't good anymore.
28 Hawks regardless of holdbacks is the best “team” in the country.
What's going on with the 32s? Will they have a team this year?
And a pipeline to UMBC

In the grand scheme of life you're worried about 4-5tyh grade lacrosse. Get a life
And a pipeline to UMBC

I mean, you could do a lot worse than UMBC.

Stop yourself or the decline will get more painful. Does the best team in the country only win one tournament all summer which happens to be a glorified B tournament with no other big dogs or nationals?

Does the best team in the country lose to Freedom, FCA and a pickup team the last time they played each? Does it lose to 91 under ANY circumstance?

28 Hawks are good, not the best team in the country though.

Stop yourself or the decline will get more painful. Does the best team in the country only win one tournament all summer which happens to be a glorified B tournament with no other big dogs or nationals?

Does the best team in the country lose to Freedom, FCA and a pickup team the last time they played each? Does it lose to 91 under ANY circumstance?

You literally have no idea what you are talking about. They won the toughest league, and the 2/3 of the toughest tourneys in the country. You sound so dense. And jealous.

They won:

HOCO, best league in the country

NAL (smashing two Top 10 teams in the playoffs)

And the NLF National Championships

34-5. All 5 losses by 1 goal.

Beat 6 out of the top 10 final
Ranked teams.

Only team ranked above them is the Red Hots with a 50 man national roster with HAWKS players on them.

FCA and Freedom both good teams. The Naptowne loss was a bad loss, but who cares. They are kids.

The other two loses were meaningless fall
Tourneys where they didn't play their starters.

You're uninformed and your BOTC rights should be revoked.
The daddy ball coaches is tied in with several other daddy ball Hawks teams and several different sports. It’s great to watch all the dads be buddy buddy, then talk bad behind each others back. I would love to hear the conversations they have with each other justifying their sons playing time. But didn’t they go undefeated?

You literally have no idea what you are talking about. They won the toughest league, and the 2/3 of the toughest tourneys in the country. You sound so dense. And jealous.

They won:

Ranked teams.

Only team ranked above them is the Red Hots with a 50 man national roster with HAWKS players on them.

FCA and Freedom both good teams. The Naptowne loss was a bad loss, but who cares. They are kids.

Hawks 28 - good team but your arrogance is starting to sound like MadLax last year. We all know how that went.
AA Co is a mess in this age group.
Kids defecting heading slightly north.
Gonna need to retool this one before the spring.

What team is slightly north? Aren't the next north teams all the BMore teams FCA, Crabs...?

Or is ProStart slightly north?

They won:

Ranked teams.

To be fair, at least in one fall tourney, some of their starters/holdbacks were def there and rarely came off the field including at key positions. However it was a very short roster backfiilled with Richmond Hawks kids....luckily not the double holdback on the 2027 RIC team. That kids a machine. Parents had him at Summer camps playing against 2028s though, which was weird.

They won:

Ranked teams.

Hawks 28 - good team but your arrogance is starting to sound like MadLax last year. We all know how that went.

Stop trolling dude. The guy just laid out the facts. Hawks are at the top, but there are 4-5 teams right on their heels and it’s anyone’s title to take next year. Let’s see how it goes.

They won:

Ranked teams.

Stop trolling dude. The guy just laid out the facts. Hawks are at the top, but there are 4-5 teams right on their heels and it’s anyone’s title to take next year. Let’s see how it goes.

Holy holdbacks batman! Don't forget to pay those fed taxes deadbeat dad!

They won:

Ranked teams.

Holy holdbacks batman! Don't forget to pay those fed taxes deadbeat dad!

Oooof come on. And I don't think they have to pay for now, the feds put a $100k lien on their house. Take it off the sales price when they move.

2024's - #6
2025's - #5
2026's - #10
2028's - #2
2029 - #3

We'll see about the Cavs and how much they pull from these Hawks teams.

Hawks 2032 is juuust fine. Sorry your kid got caught

2024's - #6
2025's - #5
2026's - #10
2028's - #2
2029 - #3

Spalding for life! Signed- Rage

What team is slightly north? Aren't the next north teams all the BMore teams FCA, Crabs...?

Or is ProStart slightly north?

Prostart is slightly... bad

2024's - #6
2025's - #5
2026's - #10
2028's - #2
2029 - #3

Leave Rage alone. Him and MM are in negotiations for bromance
100k federal Lien?! Ouch!

I feel a Pasadena townhome in the future.

The good news is there won't be a lawn to cut!

??what

2024's - #6
2025's - #5
2026's - #10
2028's - #2
2029 - #3

More hawks going to Spalding now than ever. Too much drama at st Mary’s now to deal with.
[quote=Anonymous]How is HAWKS doing after tryouts? Heard not as strong in some teams, but improvement in others?

2024's - #6
2025's - #5
2026's - #10
2028's - #2
2029 - #3

Leave Rage alone. Him and MM are in negotiations for bromance[/quote

Rage doesn't mow his own lawn, he has one of his parents dads do that for him
[quote=Anonymous]How is HAWKS doing after tryouts? Heard not as strong in some teams, but improvement in others?

2024's - #6
2025's - #5
2026's - #10
2028's - #2
2029 - #3

Leave Rage alone. Him and MM are in negotiations for bromance[/quote

Rage doesn't mow his own lawn, he has one of his parents dads do that for him

Rage has had a lawn care provided to him for years folks

??what

When trolls have to talk to themselves to keep a post alive is even more embarrassing. Nobody cares. Also, you're not as anonymous as you want to be. Admins, stop allowing this stuff.

??what

Search Maryland case number C-17-JG-21-000051. Your tax dollars stolen!
This is a new low to be posting someone’s issues like this on an anonymous forum no matter what your beef is with them.

??what

This is a new low to be posting someone’s issues like this on an anonymous forum no matter what your beef is with them.

Get to know them, they're pretty low.

??what

Get to know them, they're pretty low.

Why, just why???This topic has nothing to do with lacrosse and I’m sure they are not the only ones in this scenario in our entitled lax community.
Supplemental tryouts this weekend for 2030 and 2029- looks like things are going well for younger years.
This again?
Supplemental tryouts this weekend for 2030 and 2029- looks like things are going well for younger years.

30’s self imploded and common denominators still remain. They won’t win many elite games as is, anything will help. Helps more if your a saint.

30’s self imploded and common denominators still remain. They won’t win many elite games as is, anything will help. Helps more if your a saint.

Saints parents ruined the 2030 team and it’s starting to happen with the 2029 teams. Parent think they are entitled to play for the hawks just because of social status and go to a certain elementary school.
#2 Lacrosse Club named by US Lacrosse

Saints parents ruined the 2030 team and it’s starting to happen with the 2029 teams. Parent think they are entitled to play for the hawks just because of social status and go to a certain elementary school.

Hawks can’t beat any of the rope Long Island teams so no need trying to qualify for the World Series.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum