BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Annapolis Hawks
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well run organization that plays against top competition all year.

Agree 100%. The Hawks have a lock on AA County and parts of Howard County. In contrast, the talent in Baltimore only gets more diluted (Crabs, FCA, Looney's, 91...).

The perpetual knock on The Hawks is that the Hogan tournaments that the teams have to play in are demeaning to the brand. I know that the program makes money from the tournaments but let's face it, for the most part, they are low A to B events at best (except Naptown).

Agree that the Hogan Tournaments aren't the best competition for their very good teams.
Also, they tend to favor St. Marys kids.

not true, kids are from multiple schools and has no bearing on team selection.

I heard the 2022 Hawks cut 3 kids and 2 were from Baltimore. I heard the 2023 team cut 3 kids and 2 were from Baltimore. One was a set of brothers. Both the 2022 and 2023 brothers were asked to stay on the B team and turned down tryouts and offers from other team . None of the 4 cut Baltimore kids are playing anywhere. I guess they like holdbacks and out of state kids over Baltimore kids.

You heard wrong

I heard this , I heard that, sounds like my teenage daughter and her friends . The amount of stupidity on these forums is comical. Here is a thought, maybe these players just had a bad try out or flat out not good enough for that team. Parents better also start realizing that clubs, coaches will not take a kid who has a dad that is a jerk off and is known to be a loud mouth. Character means as much as talent. Every try out ant where in the state has its flaws but Hogan runs about the most impressive and cut throat tournaments, camps, try outs and teams. The WIN column proves it year after year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Character is important but talent wins out. No question about it on any club, not just the Hawks. A dad of one the Hawks top goalies posted anti-Hawk comments on Facebook and was accepted back. The same dad took his kid off of the field on three occasions in the past two years. The kid is very good but to say that the parent's actions out weigh the kids skills is just plain absurd.
Winning is the only thing that is important on any club. You have to win in order to charge $2000 and keep kids consistently in your program. Do not think of a team as developmental. Think of it as $2000 x 24 kids. A lot of money is being made off of these families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Character is important but talent wins out. No question about it on any club, not just the Hawks. A dad of one the Hawks top goalies posted anti-Hawk comments on Facebook and was accepted back. The same dad took his kid off of the field on three occasions in the past two years. The kid is very good but to say that the parent's actions out weigh the kids skills is just plain absurd.
Winning is the only thing that is important on any club. You have to win in order to charge $2000 and keep kids consistently in your program. Do not think of a team as developmental. Think of it as $2000 x 24 kids. A lot of money is being made off of these families.

And the crazy thing most of the Hawks parents would rather lose every game rather than deal with that nonsense. Probably the worse parent I have witnessed in youth lacrosse and I have been on sidelines of Long Island team LOL Glad they aren't on my son's team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree 100%. The Hawks have a lock on AA County and parts of Howard County. In contrast, the talent in Baltimore only gets more diluted (Crabs, FCA, Looney's, 91...).

The perpetual knock on The Hawks is that the Hogan tournaments that the teams have to play in are demeaning to the brand. I know that the program makes money from the tournaments but let's face it, for the most part, they are low A to B events at best (except Naptown).

Agree that the Hogan Tournaments aren't the best competition for their very good teams.

I heard the 2022 Hawks cut 3 kids and 2 were from Baltimore. I heard the 2023 team cut 3 kids and 2 were from Baltimore. One was a set of brothers. Both the 2022 and 2023 brothers were asked to stay on the B team and turned down tryouts and offers from other team . None of the 4 cut Baltimore kids are playing anywhere. I guess they like holdbacks and out of state kids over Baltimore kids.

Nice try but you are so far off on this. Why would you make up lor spread lies like this? I don't like the Hawks one bit but I know all the Baltimore kids and their families on The 2022 and 2023 teams. The 2022 brother did get cut but he IS on another club and they are looking forward to their new challenge. Be is a talented and great kid and he will be fine. The dad said how the Hawks coach was making calls on his behalf to other teams including the team my son plays with. His brother DID NOT get cut from the 2023 team and is playing with them again this season unless something changed in the last few days. The other 2022 Baltimore kid DID NOT get cut by the Hawks. He is an outstanding player who loves lacrosse more than maybe any kid I know. He tried out for another club and accepted their offer. He was NOT cut. He was a valuable member of the Hawks for several years. His family was very active with the Hawks also. Never heard them say a bad word. He has many friends already on his new team. He is looming forward to his new team and upcoming season. The other Baltimore kid on the 2023 team did get cut. I don't know them as well as the others but he IS on another club..i think he was only with the Hawks for 1 season. He is a really good player that really knows how to play the game. He will be fine.

I have no idea what Hawks think about Baltimore players and don't really care but stop LYING about individual kids and families like this. You already have someone on this threaded questioning the talents of the kids and the character of their parents. Disgusting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try but you are so far off on this. Why would you make up lor spread lies like this? I don't like the Hawks one bit but I know all the Baltimore kids and their families on The 2022 and 2023 teams. The 2022 brother did get cut but he IS on another club and they are looking forward to their new challenge. Be is a talented and great kid and he will be fine. The dad said how the Hawks coach was making calls on his behalf to other teams including the team my son plays with. His brother DID NOT get cut from the 2023 team and is playing with them again this season unless something changed in the last few days. The other 2022 Baltimore kid DID NOT get cut by the Hawks. He is an outstanding player who loves lacrosse more than maybe any kid I know. He tried out for another club and accepted their offer. He was NOT cut. He was a valuable member of the Hawks for several years. His family was very active with the Hawks also. Never heard them say a bad word. He has many friends already on his new team. He is looming forward to his new team and upcoming season. The other Baltimore kid on the 2023 team did get cut. I don't know them as well as the others but he IS on another club..i think he was only with the Hawks for 1 season. He is a really good player that really knows how to play the game. He will be fine.

I have no idea what Hawks think about Baltimore players and don't really care but stop LYING about individual kids and families like this. You already have someone on this threaded questioning the talents of the kids and the character of their parents. Disgusting

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have no idea what Hawks think about Baltimore players and don't really care but stop LYING about individual kids and families like this. You already have someone on this threaded questioning the talents of the kids and the character of their parents. Disgusting[/quote]

Thank you to whoever wrote the above factual (and kind) words. My son is one of the former Hawks 2022 players being talked about here. I avoid this forum because it distresses me, but someone told me he was mentioned on here so I took a peek. I was dismayed to see so much misinformation. He and his buddies chose to go from Baltimore to Annapolis because they enjoyed the coaches and teammates. It was a good experience, but it came to an end as these things sometimes do. My son is excited about his new team and wishes nothing but the best for his former Hawks teammates. My husband and I feel the same way. Here's hoping all the kiddos have a safe and healthy school year. Julie Newman

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you might be a hawk parent if...

you think "loading the dishwasher" means getting your wife drunk.
you ever cut your grass and found a car.
you own a home that is mobile and 5 cars that aren't.
your boat has not left the drive-way in 15 years.
your wife's job requires her to wear an orange vest.
you think "taking out the trash" means taking your in-laws to a movie.

#hoganisadbag #redneckparents #hawkssuck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you to whoever wrote the above factual (and kind) words. My son is one of the former Hawks 2022 players being talked about here. I avoid this forum because it distresses me, but someone told me he was mentioned on here so I took a peek. I was dismayed to see so much misinformation. He and his buddies chose to go from Baltimore to Annapolis because they enjoyed the coaches and teammates. It was a good experience, but it came to an end as these things sometimes do. My son is excited about his new team and wishes nothing but the best for his former Hawks teammates. My husband and I feel the same way. Here's hoping all the kiddos have a safe and healthy school year. Julie Newman

Now let's see the original poster who heard this or that sign their name and claim that post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You might be a hawk parent if...
you served in the military.
you serve thanksgiving dinner for hundreds of people at your church each year.
you drove an hour out of your way to pick up a teammate for practice because you knew they were going through hard times.
you cried because all the boys on the team wore pink ribbons on their helmet for a grandmother with cancer
you drove your kid to Annapolis very early one morning to run alongside his teammates in the race for wounded soldiers

Truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would anyone play for the Hawks? Better clubs that are almost half the cost.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would anyone play for the Hawks? Better clubs that are almost half the cost.

I have one statement and one question

1) Read above post
2) Name one club better at half the cost

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Finally an informed response

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Read above post

Crabs and FCA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you saying these are descriptions of the St Mary's parents since this who Hawks favors?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Read above post

Crabs and FCA

both good clubs and comparable, but neither are better across the board and nowhere near half the cost

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you saying these are descriptions of the St Mary's parents since this who Hawks favors?

ironically, yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Read above post

Crabs and FCA

both good clubs and comparable, but neither are better across the board and nowhere near half the cost

Hello everyone all these clubs charge the same amount of money with a +- ratio of $400. And if you are signing up for travel sports in 2017 you should be prepared to spend real money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Read above post

Crabs and FCA

Hello everyone all these clubs charge the same amount of money with a +- ratio of $400. And if you are signing up for travel sports in 2017 you should be prepared to spend real money.

I have no idea what Hawks costs to be able to say if Crabs and FCA are half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you’ve ever financed a tattoo.
your wife doesn’t remove the Marlboro from her lips before telling the State Trooper to kiss her [lacrosse].
you ever got too drunk to fish.
your idea of a 7 course meal is a bucket of KFC and a sixpack.
you have spent more on your pickup truck than on your education.
you think you are an entrepreneur because of the “Dirt for Sale” sign in the front yard.

and this one is for the st marys white trash...
if you’ve ever made change in the offering plate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
youth sports industry is over $15 billion. how much higher can it go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

your wife doesn’t remove the Marlboro from her lips before telling the State Trooper to kiss her [lacrosse].
you think you are an entrepreneur because of the “Dirt for Sale” sign in the front yard.

why does Jeff Foxworthy hate the hawks so much, did his son get cut also

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think Foxworthy hates the hawks, I think he embraces them - they are rednecks just like he is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think Foxworthy hates the hawks, I think he embraces them - they are rednecks just like he is.

sorry your son didn't make whatever hawks team he tried out, better luck next yer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be a loser of a person who is trying to compensate for having a tiny ... if

You write complete garbage about Hawks due to your son getting cut from team
You think people that pay 15,000 plus for education cant afford a real home unlike your section 8 home
You wish that you had played lacrosse instead going home to your basement every day
You wish that you were in the military instead of playing with toy soldiers
You yell out every game " wheels" " hit him" " that is a penalty"
You tell anyone around you how much you know about lacrosse while they look on in disbelief
You wish your world didnt revolve around a lacrosse forum

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be a loser of a person who is trying to compensate for having a tiny ... if

You think people that pay 15,000 plus for education cant afford a real home unlike your section 8 home
You wish that you had played lacrosse instead going home to your basement every day
You tell anyone around you how much you know about lacrosse while they look on in disbelief

bwahahahahah. under your skin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didnt realize that it hit so close to home. Here is some advice to improve a few things. Have your son practice more, find a job and put your kid in a private school, stop yelling and talking at games , get off forum occasionally...that tiny thing..not much you can do about that..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didnt realize that it hit so close to home. Here is some advice to improve a few things. Have your son practice more, find a job and put your kid in a private school, stop yelling and talking at games , get off forum occasionally...that tiny thing..not much you can do about that..

your fat pig of a wife really seems to like it. but let's agree to get off off the topic of wives in this forum. i just got off yours.

#yourwifelikesmyd #hoganisadbag #redneckparents #hawkssuck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have tryout times been posted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. I think in the past they would add time 2-3 weeks before. So maybe mid July.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are over, sorry your son got cut again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryout times are posted. They run well, so it's either you make the team or you had 4 hours of a worthwhile clinic for $60. https://www.annapolishawks.com/tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. I think in the past they would add time 2-3 weeks before. So maybe mid July.

https://www.annapolishawks.com/tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryout times are posted. They run well, so it's either you make the team or you had 4 hours of a worthwhile clinic for $60. https://www.annapolishawks.com/tryouts

Agree with this post on a well run clinic and I would anticipate it will be a good turn out this year at most age groups. Another interesting note on Hawks tryouts. They have had a rule for a while that coaches kids have to get evaluated and make the teams just like everyone else.

“Evaluators- Current coaches, Position Directors, and Independent Experienced Coaches. Fathers involved in the program cannot evaluate players in their own son's position.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would a team like the Hawks play in such a mediocre tournament this past weekend? Both teams were there , just curious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would a team like the Hawks play in such a mediocre tournament this past weekend? Both teams were there , just curious

What tournament are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe Young Gunz where the Hawks dominated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks on High!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe Young Gunz where the Hawks dominated.

My guess is you weren't at NAL the weekend where they sent 4 teams to the best most competitive tournament so far this year. 4 in the championship with 1 winning it all. I would go ahead and start worrying about your own program, I think Matt knows what he's doing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Millon and Young Gunz were the only 2 tournaments they played in the last weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with this post on a well run clinic and I would anticipate it will be a good turn out this year at most age groups. Another interesting note on Hawks tryouts. They have had a rule for a while that coaches kids have to get evaluated and make the teams just like everyone else.

“Evaluators- Current coaches, Position Directors, and Independent Experienced Coaches. Fathers involved in the program cannot evaluate players in their own son's position.”

If you believe the part about Fathers involved in the program no evaluating (or hand picking) players then you probably think gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard