BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,606
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BOTC MAIN FORUM (LI, CT, WC) Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 39 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rebels gonna break their own tournament rules and show up with their 28’s tomorrow?

https://www.blatantevents.com/23-24-event-rules

Player Eligibility
Players may play in divisions according to their grade, or above. No player will be permitted to play in any group below the year they are set to graduate, regardless of any circumstance related to how old the player is.

This is a grade tournament, not an age eligible play below the grade tournament like the World Series.

Legacy East broke these rules too. Problem is - every team at some point or another, breaks the rules and no one does anything about it.

Rebels broke the rules in they're own tournament. We had four 2028 players when the rules were posted. The 2028's did not do much. Our record speaks for itself. At least give our other kids playing time in a tournament that is grade based.

don't forget about the player from BBL...lol

Every 2029 division this year will allow the eligible 2028s to play. Happens each year

If they are eligible why shouldn’t they play? Same age group. 2029’s have been babied. Every other group deals with single and double holdbacks and these guys complain about of age players playing because they play for 2028’s.

Yea I have to agree with this one. The 29 class doesn’t know how lucky they have it. 27s and 28s had and continue to have it way worse.
998 192,794 more...
MARYLAND FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Girls High School Anonymous 1 hour ago
SPSG will reign again next year as they return with a large talented senior class and well-balanced on both sides
McD will return a good defense but also return a very slow to non-existent offense expect a big drop for the eagles
Maryvale will be at the top because of their depth and scoring at attack and the heros pipeline has been opening
Good Council will fall some because they lose their superstar and become average at offense but still overrated
Stone Ridge I have no idea actually
Spalding will fall as well as they lose their talented seniors which was still not enough to advance as far as predicted
Glenelg Country will be decimated by their seniors loss and maybe should think B conference as they will fall more
Bryn Mawr will suffer with the loss of their talented senior class and almost no depth, they are middle to lower IAAM
St. Mary's will continue to improve with some under the radar transfers and solid effort
Severn will enter the mid tier but still struggle against top teams.
John Carroll will experience the same fate as they lose some serious senior talent as well.

Looks like a SPSG - Maryvale Final next year. Shovegate 3.0.

Shover is gone. Hopefully the new transfer goalie can fill her shoes.

Where is transfer goalie coming from?

Spaulding
5,257 1,424,514 more...
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous 1 hour ago
A Mamaroneck v Scarsdale Mam wins 11-7

B Yorktown v. Somers Somers wins 9-8

C Rye v. JJ John Jay wins 8-7 3ot

D Pleasantville v. Bronxville P wins 14-7

A, B, C hard to argue against. I think Somers Yorktown could go either way, but I lean towards Somers based on how each team is peaking (or not) right now.

Jay will be more emphatic of a W than an OT win - though you can't rule this out. If Rye can reset it could be them as well. I just don't see either team beating the other twice in one season. Jay will be hungry for this one.

D - Bronxville is a historical pick to me, but I think they are a little too young this year. I could see a Westlake or Haldane in that final. No matter what, it's really fighting for who P'ville will beat.
4,023 1,950,736 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous 1 hour ago
The PAISSA Championship starts today on the boys side. The road to the Championship is a GAUNTLET to say the least. Whichever team is able to stay healthy during this grind over the next 7 days will earn a well deserved title of "2024 State Champion"

The seedings for the 2024 Boys Lacrosse Tournament- Top 4 seeds host 5/15

1. Springside Chestnut Hill
2. Episcopal Academy
3. Hill School
4. Westtown School
5. Perkiomen School
6. Penn Charter
7. Shipley School
8. Germantown Academy
3,286 1,054,715 more...
Re: Boys 2030 Midatlantic Anonymous 2 hours ago
Wherever it is, good luck to the parents that have to put up with that kid’s dad
553 161,182 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 2 hours ago
How would you handle if your son had opportunities to play in other settings but you've heard that its frowned upon by home club?
2,602 566,520 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 2 hours ago
GF 2024 Elite
79 Hawks
73 Crabs
63 FCA
52 NL
47 DCE
45 MDL
37 Money
35 MD 91
10,553 2,131,443 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 2 hours ago
what's incorrect?
652 142,678 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 2 hours ago
Last night I was watching the spalding semifinal game and when spalding was up by 3 in the second I heard Robby hopper come to the sideline during a timeout and ask the kids in the student section if they had any “nose candy” I believe this kid was high out of his mind during the game and his field play reflected my theory. I mean how is he going to uva my five year old son is disabled and autistic and I think he could score on him. No wonder spalding lost last night Robbie hopper was doing blow in the locker pregame.

Seriously? This has to be a kid…please.
13,248 3,464,909 more...
Re: Girls 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 2 hours ago
Any predictions for NGLL nationals this weekend?
175 42,890 more...
Re: Boys 2031-5th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 2 hours ago
So do you agree or disagree that all titans are AA quality players? Or are they part of the friends group?
516 118,440 more...
Re: Girl's 2027 Grades - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 3 hours ago
For what it's worth, here in the D.C. area, AS is the preferred tourney. If you can't get a spot on AS, AA is the "Plan B". AS is pricey, but most stay at the beach and make a mini vacation out of it.

But AA tryouts take place prior to AS , so hard to use AA as plan B right? Just based on timing.

Also, AA takes 1 team with multiple grad years, AS has only 1 grad year with multiple teams, so those facts would make AA a little more reputable, or in the least, tougher to make. That all being said, I expect a lot more players at AS this weekend. I'd venture over 100 players there this weekend for 2027s. AA took a dent is AS tryouts in terms of talent but with 5! 2028s making it, not as many as you'd expect. I expect several 2027s who did not make the cut in AA to make AS.
208 42,644 more...
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes Anonymous 3 hours ago
Their retention rate i
There is a reason there are tons of shiny orange helmets playing at other clubs. And it doesn't have to do with lacrosse ability.

It's a weird cult.

FCA has the highest retention rate of any club in the area and it's not even close. Sorry your son got cut.

Are there numbers you can share to support your declaration? Is this information published somewhere?

Their retention rate is high because they don't cut kids, just move them to their b teams.

FCA keeps all the kool aid drinkers and CH wannabes down there, paying dues.
335 124,156 more...
Re: Girls High School Lax Anonymous 3 hours ago
From one dad whose kid scores a lot to another dad who thinks his kid could or should. The number don’t lie! Keep telling yourself what you wanna believe because it really doesn’t matter. Hope you have a great Father’s Day.
8,596 3,101,262 more...
Re: Boys 2032-4th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 5 hours ago
91 will look a lot different next year.
371 69,435 more...
Re: Boys 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 6 hours ago
How many kids not see the field for the Cyclones ? 5 or 10. Did daddy kids come off the field?
255 62,427 more...
Re: Boys 2031 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 6 hours ago
Hawks have elite goalie and strong defense, they can absolutely sweep this weekend.
Elite is a stretch....pump the breaks goalie dad
433 110,663 more...
Re: MD Girls 2028 Anonymous 7 hours ago
ahh i get it , you were one of the angry parents when they got beat badly.. Ok,, I was there too. Well maybe you will enjoy the experience with other coaches this year..
3,297 777,682 more...
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 7 hours ago
Why does All American allow the Gerstell coach to pick a team? His is allowed to put his daughter on there and a Gerstell teammate that aren’t top players and those that are get sent home ! Happened 2 years in a row. I bet she doesn’t get picked for highlight or senior game either when he has no input. These things are so frustrating

Gerstell middie had a good tryout. You are right about next year, however. At least his club team goalie didn't make it for the third year in a row.

Overall its such poor form to run the tryouts that your child is a part of. The optics are terrible. It puts the kid in a bad situation and there are plenty of people that could observe w/ no skin in the game and maintain integrity. The Hero's dad is as bad. Its surprising that Corrigan allows it.

Those 2 are the main reason many top 26 didn’t come out.

I dunno….roster looks pretty good to me.

Agreed. Congrats to those girls, everything else is sour grapes.
3,454 931,047 more...
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 19 hours ago
Haha, ok fool
1,016 306,799 more...
Re: Girls 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 10:48 PM
For those of you that have been adamant about not having your child participate in showcases/events/select teams/LILJ events/top ten teams until recruiting year, what is your actual plan?

You've detailed a system of deep rooted favoritism, nepotism, and "money grabs." But honestly, what's your actual plan? In recruiting year, your kid is going to just enter the scene for the first time and be considered a top recruit despite there already being girls firmly planted in that system?

I'll agree that good money is spent on training, but the people who are sending their kids to all of these other things- they're also training. I can't really see the disadvantage of keeping a loose affiliation those that you are calling "money grabbers." If you spent no money on anyone who is trying to profit off of your child's lacrosse- your child would be playing no lacrosse.

Since this seems a somewhat normal response I will respond based on my experiences.

I found Coach Renee Lopez Book and Facebook group on college recruiting extremely helpful. I’m not her and don’t profit from the purchase of her book. This is what helped my daughter get recruited mid-level D 1 school

She advises to start lightly in 9th grade. She recommends picking 5-8 schools, get film and start sending out emails. She feels anything before that is a waste of time because coaches are not looking at 7th and 8th grade girls. They aren’t looking at 9th graders either but it’s to kind of get your feet wet They want to fill their recruiting classes so they are looking at 10th and 11th graders. 10th and 11th is really where you need to work your @ChillLaxin if with constant emails etc.

She recommends writing hand written notes to thank coaches for their time. She goes over what a generic prospect day invite is and which one is where a coach is interested. She says coaches don’t care what club you pay for. They just care how you look on films and watching you live (in 10th or 11th).

In the end I would never criticize how people spend their money. But if if you think playing in the all Long Island games in 6th or 7th grade will help “build your resume” it’s just not true. College coaches will not care that your were selected to the all Long Island games in 7th grade.

If you wanted to argue these things matter before the rule changes (kids could commit in 7th and 8th) then I would say you have a fair point. I had my oldest son do some of these “showcases” in 7th and 8th grade. Once he started the recruiting process I realized it was a waste of money for recruiting purposes

I would argue that being an early favorite has a lot of merit, especially when part of a high performing team. When Notre Dame calls Carol Rose and says “Do you have a good attack you can send my way” or when Hofstra is pulling from Top Guns- your affiliation will indeed matter. The advent of social media adds one part “publicity” to this recipe. Enter Wink.

I don’t think the guy who said 7th grade work counts as resume bullets meant that colleges care about your participation in 7th grade as much as he meant that these are stepping stones for future accolades.

I agree with some of these points but disagree with others. If you are on a top team it’s because you are a great player. And yes if you are on the top yellow jacket team you will get a ton more exposure to great events than say lax on elite.

However, all the social media exposure in the world(wink) will not have any bearing on whether a college coach makes you an offer. If you are a highly touted recruit it’s because you are a great player. Not because wink chose you for the all Long Island games. Top tier teams and mid level teams aren’t looking at the LILJ instagram. And also keep in mind the college coaches at these events for younger grades are being paid to be there. The assistants salary at even top schools can range in the 60-80k range They attend these events to supplement their income. Not so they can get a look at 8th graders.

Bottom line is that a college coach strictly makes a decision based on film, watching you live, and their needs for your recruiting class. That’s it
250 51,927 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Today's Visitors
10 members (LILAXDAD2023, abowden, 1026ME, BiggLax, JimSection1, cltlax, TM@BOTC, Team BOTC, Anonymous2027, TheBackOfTheCage), 5,781 guests, and 4,411 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod