BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,513
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MARYLAND FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 7 hours ago
In response to the above comment, my sons LI AA team has 2 boys born in late 2009 and the rest are born in 2010, so I would assume when we play you our team is younger
10,540 2,128,384 more...
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 8 hours ago
I heard the 5 best players on the best teams are going to teams in the B division. fool

Still got 20-25 games left, I’d wait on spreading rumors.
1,014 306,359 more...
Re: Boys 2031 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 9 hours ago
Hawks have elite goalie and strong defense, they can absolutely sweep this weekend.
431 110,156 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 9 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Blakefield hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade.

They show out against the worst teams in the league, then get exposed and shrink in the playoffs.

Loyola is the softest program in the A league.

Softest in the league except for Severn, MSJ, Joke Carroll, St. Mary's, St. Pauls, and half the time, Calvert Hall and Gilmen Wokehounds. So soft.

But yeah at some point you have to beat BL.
13,234 3,461,382 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM (LI, CT, WC) Jump to new posts
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous Yesterday at 11:54 PM
This is a final day of the season no one predicted:
Carmel over Yorktown
L/P over Jay
Somers takes P’ville to OT before dropping a heartbreaker.
4,017 1,949,610 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: MD Girls 2028 Anonymous Yesterday at 11:42 PM
They may have been veteran coaches, but that doesn't mean they were good. They were very disengaged.
3,293 776,098 more...
Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 11:41 PM
Rebels gonna break their own tournament rules and show up with their 28’s tomorrow?

https://www.blatantevents.com/23-24-event-rules

Player Eligibility
Players may play in divisions according to their grade, or above. No player will be permitted to play in any group below the year they are set to graduate, regardless of any circumstance related to how old the player is.

This is a grade tournament, not an age eligible play below the grade tournament like the World Series.

Legacy East broke these rules too. Problem is - every team at some point or another, breaks the rules and no one does anything about it.

Rebels broke the rules in they're own tournament. We had four 2028 players when the rules were posted. The 2028's did not do much. Our record speaks for itself. At least give our other kids playing time in a tournament that is grade based.

don't forget about the player from BBL...lol

Every 2029 division this year will allow the eligible 2028s to play. Happens each year
993 191,774 more...
Re: Boys 2032-4th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 11:32 PM
You must be confusing this chat with a different age group
369 68,958 more...
Re: Boys 2031-5th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 10:50 PM
The Titans face the same issue as 91 Chaos. Dad coaches who have sons that belong on the B team. Better players get overlooked or taken for granted. Titans will not have many if any talented players from LI that would want to join that toxic environment just like the Chaos team. Organization will go outside after 7th grade in order to save face with their brand recognition and stature.

Pretty sure there are 2 coaches that are part of both the Chaos and the Titans. The difference is that the Chaos is a pretty competetive team. What are the titans lacking the most? -offensive threats? faceoff x? goalie?

They have some really good players. But need a little help in most positions. From the times we’ve played them they need definitely need a major upgrade at the goalie position.
514 117,899 more...
Re: Girls 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 10:48 PM
For those of you that have been adamant about not having your child participate in showcases/events/select teams/LILJ events/top ten teams until recruiting year, what is your actual plan?

You've detailed a system of deep rooted favoritism, nepotism, and "money grabs." But honestly, what's your actual plan? In recruiting year, your kid is going to just enter the scene for the first time and be considered a top recruit despite there already being girls firmly planted in that system?

I'll agree that good money is spent on training, but the people who are sending their kids to all of these other things- they're also training. I can't really see the disadvantage of keeping a loose affiliation those that you are calling "money grabbers." If you spent no money on anyone who is trying to profit off of your child's lacrosse- your child would be playing no lacrosse.

Since this seems a somewhat normal response I will respond based on my experiences.

I found Coach Renee Lopez Book and Facebook group on college recruiting extremely helpful. I’m not her and don’t profit from the purchase of her book. This is what helped my daughter get recruited mid-level D 1 school

She advises to start lightly in 9th grade. She recommends picking 5-8 schools, get film and start sending out emails. She feels anything before that is a waste of time because coaches are not looking at 7th and 8th grade girls. They aren’t looking at 9th graders either but it’s to kind of get your feet wet They want to fill their recruiting classes so they are looking at 10th and 11th graders. 10th and 11th is really where you need to work your @ChillLaxin if with constant emails etc.

She recommends writing hand written notes to thank coaches for their time. She goes over what a generic prospect day invite is and which one is where a coach is interested. She says coaches don’t care what club you pay for. They just care how you look on films and watching you live (in 10th or 11th).

In the end I would never criticize how people spend their money. But if if you think playing in the all Long Island games in 6th or 7th grade will help “build your resume” it’s just not true. College coaches will not care that your were selected to the all Long Island games in 7th grade.

If you wanted to argue these things matter before the rule changes (kids could commit in 7th and 8th) then I would say you have a fair point. I had my oldest son do some of these “showcases” in 7th and 8th grade. Once he started the recruiting process I realized it was a waste of money for recruiting purposes

I would argue that being an early favorite has a lot of merit, especially when part of a high performing team. When Notre Dame calls Carol Rose and says “Do you have a good attack you can send my way” or when Hofstra is pulling from Top Guns- your affiliation will indeed matter. The advent of social media adds one part “publicity” to this recipe. Enter Wink.

I don’t think the guy who said 7th grade work counts as resume bullets meant that colleges care about your participation in 7th grade as much as he meant that these are stepping stones for future accolades.

I agree with some of these points but disagree with others. If you are on a top team it’s because you are a great player. And yes if you are on the top yellow jacket team you will get a ton more exposure to great events than say lax on elite.

However, all the social media exposure in the world(wink) will not have any bearing on whether a college coach makes you an offer. If you are a highly touted recruit it’s because you are a great player. Not because wink chose you for the all Long Island games. Top tier teams and mid level teams aren’t looking at the LILJ instagram. And also keep in mind the college coaches at these events for younger grades are being paid to be there. The assistants salary at even top schools can range in the 60-80k range They attend these events to supplement their income. Not so they can get a look at 8th graders.

Bottom line is that a college coach strictly makes a decision based on film, watching you live, and their needs for your recruiting class. That’s it
250 51,740 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous Yesterday at 10:32 PM
Some great early match ups in the PIAA. Unionville may be one of the toughest 24 seeds ever. They made a great run a couple years ago and have talent. I like Owen J over Wissahickon. I think Garnet Valley has the easiest path to the finals.

Great call… Chesmont is weak
3,280 1,053,711 more...
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 09:45 PM
Other than the Gerstell Coach they had no parents evaluating their kids this year, run much better than in years past.
3,451 930,527 more...
Re: Girl's 2027 Grades - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 09:11 PM
I don't know this to be fact, but with only 1 2027 making it last year, perhaps AA wanted to make sure they took some 2028s to prevent a mass flow of that grad year and next to AS tryouts instead?

I wouldn't be shocked if they made rising freshman its own team going forward for upcoming years.

Other regions had quite a few more 2027s last year than MD's 1, so would make sense if they were trying to be a little more consistent. Though 5 out of 24 isn't exactly a lot. But looks like a lot of names on AA for 2027 this year were on AS last year, so for now, looks like flow is going in both directions.

To be fair, the MD AA team last year was pretty loaded across the board. They rolled thru the tournament and went undefeated to win it. The 27 who made it was talented, but didn't seem to be on the field much. Maybe the team was just really good and it was hard for any 27s to make it? Other regions were obviously not as good, so their 27s had more opportunity?

Truth is the other regions send their top players to AS instead of AA! Almost whole club teams playing for Upstate , LI, Conny and Jersey ! Md talent is too split up.
197 41,548 more...
Re: Boys 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 08:53 PM
Legacy dad!
253 61,894 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous Yesterday at 08:22 PM
It is unfair. I think it is hard to fix. No one thinks it is really "worth" it to fix.
Man Valley vs Glenelg in semis winner Probable champ. Hereford in final punchers chance.
Fallston vs South Carrol in Quarters for the eventual winner.
I think it is going to be Dulaney vs Severna park in the final.
I think Broadneck will win 4A

You could breakup AA, Howard, Carrol, and Baltimore county regions. Many ideas, little will.
4A not sure if anyone is close to Broadneck.
1A it is Liberty, Fallston( now back in 1A) and south Carrol.
2A and 3A many good teams maybe worth mixing it up.
I think you have to win them when you play them. Glenelg getting out of the region to maybe lose in the semi's how much better is that then losing in the first round? 1 more week of practice?
5,243 1,422,418 more...
Re: Boys 2030 Midatlantic Anonymous Yesterday at 07:06 PM
Can someone explain to me how 91 made it to the playoffs. it looks like the Clippers had more goals for and less goals Against than 91. I am confused
Clippers you're right were you belong. Once a Hawk always a Hawk!

Hawks are terrible - 1 goal scorer does not make a team
550 160,794 more...
Re: New 2024 Women’s DI-III Lacrosse Anonymous Yesterday at 06:47 PM
Maryland vs Florida - Going with Maryland due to coaching.

Syracuse vs Yale - Syracuse has the more talent and depth. Yale coach has done a fantastic job in recent years. Cuse.

BC vs Michigan - Would love to see Michigan but BC coach is best in the game.

Northwestern Vs Penn - NU too much for the Quakers.

Would love to see an upset or two but unlikely, Florida has the best chance.

Thought this was the year we would see some new blood in the Final Four.

Lets go Florida, Yale, Michigan and Penn!!!
208 36,218 more...
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes Anonymous Yesterday at 05:49 PM
There is a reason there are tons of shiny orange helmets playing at other clubs. And it doesn't have to do with lacrosse ability.

It's a weird cult.

FCA has the highest retention rate of any club in the area and it's not even close. Sorry your son got cut.

Are there numbers you can share to support your declaration? Is this information published somewhere?
332 123,557 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous Yesterday at 05:00 PM
Correction SJB is 14-2. The kids lost to HHH early in the season and were pissed because they “should have beat them.”

Luke 14: 11 For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

Okay…point is people are not choosing the smaller Catholics for lacrosse. It’s all about club coaches who coach and recruit kids in from the program.
10,792 4,283,227 more...
Re: Boys 2033-3rd Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 04:12 PM
How many teams does rebels have in this age group and what are the names? Hard to follow some of the lingo. Thanks

Website says three, I know one is CSH town team "Seahawks".
28 5,904 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 11:24 AM
express chucks is on a different level but all the other teams that played this weekend looked to be pretty competitive

Alot of horses hitched to that Chucks wagon. There were at least 20 on the sideline. Some kids only play 1 shift , if that. Then you get the - ‘my son was asked to help out with the Orange team’ excuse.
644 141,927 more...
Re: Girls High School Lax Anonymous
You make no sense. You just sound miserable. Bottom line is it doesn’t make a difference.
8,591 3,099,955 more...
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
Looking for some advice. My son plays on an elite level club team at this age. He left one club team last season because they just didn't have the talent to develop the kids in a meaningful way. His old club has asked him to play for them at no cost this summer. There are no conflicts with his new club tournament schedule and it'll be 3 tournaments (his current coaches are aware and don't have any problems with it). He probably won't make any of the practices with his old team. He wants to do it because he still has friends on the old team. I want him to do it, because his new team has been running a lot of specialized D and O middies and he doesn't get to play much defense. His old team isn't there yet, so he'll get time out there on defense. Any reason to think it will hurt his development to be out there playing with his old team?

My son plays for his old club in a similar situation.

Outside of potential overuse injuries, there are only positives to be had from playing with his old club. I'm a big believer that at this age, the more "roles" you son can experience and having different coaches voices and observations provide great benefit.

That is, of course, assuming that your son WANTS to do this.

It's important that you keep this fun. It's 7th grade. There's plenty of time for development later. #1... make sure he is having fun.

Thanks for that. It's right in line with where my thinking was. I was actually surprised when I asked him if he wanted to and he didn't hesitate to say yes. As much as he wants to win and knowing that his old team is just not that good, he jumped at the idea. It's easy to forget that in spite of the fact that some of them are ultra competitive, they are still 7th graders who sometimes just want to play with their friends.

My son's old club is not very good either.... More of a AA or AAA level Hoco team.

However, he really enjoys playing for them after all of his games against elite competition. It's nice for him to play "stress-free" lacrosse and have easier success once in a while.

There's a reason why kids *who don't play lax anymore* walk around in Towson with Crabs and 91 shorts on. They were glory days, and they know it, but they were so miserable or bored that they quit the whole sport. It's also why you can consistently buy used Crabs, 91, and Madlax helmets. "Not so fond memories." Almost 100% guarantee their parents didn't do what you're talking about.

Any opportunity you can give your son to get reps and remember why he loves the game, will pay off in spades. Reps against quality players is also important, but if that's all you give him, and he's not a superstar, it tends to lead to the #1 and #2 reason kids quit......pressure from coaches and dads. There are a shocking number of decent players in 8th-10th grade private school programs who openly talk about when they'll be "allowed" to quit playing....injury...cut from varsity, etc. And I know that no parents here will admit that it's possible, but a whole lot of high level players from the DMV every year have the option to play college ball and choose not to, because they've had enough. Make it fun.
2,598 565,577 more...
Re: Girls 2031 Lacrosse Anonymous
Great tournament games this weekend. Shout out to all the top teams for fighting hard and competing. It was great to see MD United 31 East going up against Integrity 31 Green and got an early 3-0 lead, holding off the onslaught and winning a close 6-5 victory. BLC 31 Blue won over Coppermine 31 Black, cruising to victory with a score of 10 to 6. In the semi-final round, MD United East lost to M&D 31 Black to a score of 14 - 6. MDU East was not able to win a lot of draws, possibly due to having already played a full game beforehand. On the other hand, BLC 31 Blue was able to hold off Heroes 31 Green and win in a back-and-forth match with the final score of 8 to 7.

On Sunday's championship game, M&D 31 Black was up 3 to 2 against BLC 31 Blue before the game had to be delayed due to lightning strikes; 45 minutes later, after the game resumed, BLU lost a bit of momentum and trailed 7 to 2 before scoring back-to-back goals. M&D 31 Black held off BLC 31 Blue after scoring another goal to win the regional championship with a final score of 8 to 5.

Once again, happy Mother's Day to all the moms and grandmoms who attended the championship game. All the girls played their best games, and they deserve to be recognized. Congratulations to all the girls at the playoffs and those who missed it. We will see you again next NGLL season. Let's go back, work hard, and practice more for the upcoming summer season tournaments, and best of luck to everyone.

Best wishes, play hard, and stay safe.

A Goalie Dad walking around with his camera
18 5,975 more...
Re: Girls 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
Was Tradition at NGLL? Saw them play last week and they are really good.

Where could you see Tradition play last week if that's not at NGLL?

Teams set up scrimmages against other clubs that they may or may not see during the summer months.
174 42,667 more...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Today's Visitors
12 members (Anonymous2027, BiggLax, TheBackOfTheCage, LILAXDAD2023, abowden, JimSection1, Thirdy@BOTC, Team BOTC, TM@BOTC, cltlax, Nora417, Devildog), 5,902 guests, and 4,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod