BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,820
Posts391,888
Members2,611
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BOTC MAIN FORUM (LI, CT, WC)
Re: Girls 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 18 minutes ago
Thinking about trying out for YJB. Can someone shed some light on the team dynamics? Top to bottom strong or rely on a few key players? What's the culture like there? A lot of bench kids? What area could they use some new/better players? Mid / D or A?[/quote]

Big bench and the ball seems to be in the hands of a few girls a lot
200 51,205 more...
MARYLAND FORUM
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 25 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FCA really put it on ML.

It was quite a blow out. 14-0
Where’s the chirpy Madlax goalie dad? Apparently the little scoopers and rippers are needed back at Madlax
They lost to Igloo. 😂

Watching MadLax break down is great. I can only image how Cabel handled the loss. Knowing him he probably blamed the players.

I hope those B team parents who let their kids abandon their teams just ahead of summer are basking in all of this elite glory.
I wonder when the actual end of their season was with their previous “B” teams? Did they leave mid season or was June 1 the middle between seasons? If it was indeed mid season, that’s very ill advised, despite what Madlax was offering. Shows really poor character and likely burned a bridge in making the decision to leave a team mid season who had given them a roster spot… Hope it works out for them but the outlook is not good

The DCE transfers were midseason.
10,794 2,246,245 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 41 minutes ago
Dune Dawgs parent here-i have read ALOT of negative comments about Express, but didn't know if it was bitter parents or accurate. We are a B team, and we all know that. However, last weekend, Express comes to a tournament, brings kids with SA helmets on and smokes us by several goals. We play them again yesterday (parents were not looking forward to it). We beat them 3-1. Why? Because they didn't bring their SA ringers with them. I don't know the guys who run it except by name only, but judging by the comments on here, i guess we shouldn't be surprise. that's bush league. They should be ashamed. If you're a B team, then play B team tournaments. If you're an A team, then play A/AA team tournaments. Made them look like @ChillLaxin IMO.

Amen! Glad you got a fair chance
Score one for the good guys
764 170,568 more...
Re: Boys 2031-5th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 49 minutes ago
Madlax 2031s are good, but they will go the way of ML 2024, 2026 and 2028s. There are already rumblings about the Madlax 2029s. All of them were top teams until about 7th/8th grade. Eventually they will get tired of their owner and coaches who are always looking for the next shiny object.....bring in guest players....and the kids who started from the beginning will get frustrated with PT. Parents will get more pissed. I don't even want to discuss the level of Daddy Ball. Almost every ML team is coached by a dad (except 2031s). You are seeing it happen now with the 2028 divorce. Most went to DC express and a few went to Next Level. Just look at the rankings. Madlax 2028 got worked this weekend by teams ranked in the 90s. Fwiw

-DMV Dad With Many Kids Who Has Seen It All

What is Daddy Ball? How are the ‘25 and ‘27s? Isn’t it natural for some years/teams to be good and others not?
613 147,257 more...
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous 54 minutes ago
Here it is, my way too early Section 1 Lacrosse Rankings going into 2025

#1 Rye - The Garnets have multiple high level division 1 commits returning next year. A bunch of good younger players got experience as well. They will also have the best goalie in the section next season. It's state title or bust for Rye next year.

#2 Mamaroneck - The Tigers lose a few important guys but their class of '26 is stacked and will look even better next year with a year of experience under the belt. They took Farmingdale down to the wire and will not be playing with house money in 2025.

#3 Horace Greeley - The Quakers are in a good spot going into next year. They only graduated 4 seniors but they were all very impactful to their success. They return their whole nucleus of players and are in the drivers seat in Class B. Can they replace their student goalie?

#4 Yorktown - The Huskers lose 3 D1 long poles and 2 D1 offensive players. They do return their student goalie and student FOGO. I trust that their stout JV pipeline will supply them with good players who will fit into those roles. They are historically the best team in Section 1 and are always a tough out.

#5 Somers - The Tuskers had a good season but dissappointed in the playoffs. They lose some studs but return a ton of talent from last year. Returning one of the best FOGO's in the section helps too. They are dropping down to C and hope to challenge Rye.

#6 Bronxville - The Broncos had a very good season for a young roster in 2024. The first year under BB was a clear success. The main issue is losing the best goalie Section 1 has seen in quite some time. Their offense will come back with lots of experience and they look to be the favorite in Class B.

#7 Pleasantville - The Panthers lose an amazing '24 class but still have talent throughout the roster. There are lots of question marks throughout the roster especially goalie. They return a lot of quality role players and return a student FOGO. They will hope to challenge Bronxville in D.

#8 Pearl River - The Pirates had a very successful rebuilding season. After getting off to a slow start with a young group they finished the year strong. They return their whole team after only having 1 senior this year. They aren't a traditional power but they are dangerous and have some studs.

#9 Tappan Zee - The Dutchmen are neck and neck with PR. I put them behind the Pirates because they graduated some good players. TZ has some legit talent offensively but needs to replace a lot on defense and goalie.

#10 Scarsdale - The Raiders are in a weird spot. Pretty much all of the contributors from the three-peat are gone. They have some talent including a great FOGO. They are a well-coached bunch but are holding on for dear life in this top 10.

Honorable Mention - L/P, Carmel, Pelham, John Jay, Mahopac

I can't wait until next season with the shot clock. Will make the games way more entertaining. Have a good summer everyone!
4,070 1,995,525 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
MARYLAND FORUM
Re: MD Girls 2028 Anonymous 57 minutes ago
Michael Jordan didn’t pass to luc longley for a game winner.

Maybe not, but he passed the ball to John Paxson to hit the game winner for his first championship and to Steve Kerr for another.
3,378 841,824 more...
Re: Boys 2031-5th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 1 hour ago
Madlax 2031s are good, but they will go the way of ML 2024, 2026 and 2028s. There are already rumblings about the Madlax 2029s. All of them were top teams until about 7th/8th grade. Eventually they will get tired of their owner and coaches who are always looking for the next shiny object.....bring in guest players....and the kids who started from the beginning will get frustrated with PT. Parents will get more pissed. I don't even want to discuss the level of Daddy Ball. Almost every ML team is coached by a dad (except 2031s). You are seeing it happen now with the 2028 divorce. Most went to DC express and a few went to Next Level. Just look at the rankings. Madlax 2028 got worked this weekend by teams ranked in the 90s. Fwiw

Wait and watch what happens when CM kid comes to the 29’s from the 28’s
613 147,257 more...
MARYLAND FORUM
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 1 hour ago
Big surprise in pool F at NAL with two lower AA Long Island teams came out on top of 2 elite Hoco teams

What happened to the Crabs this weekend?? They lost to a B team over in Delaware. That’s a terrible loss (Riot Chaos).
Yeah, that isn't a good look. Madlax and Crabs had a long weekend.
10,794 2,246,245 more...
MARYLAND FORUM
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 1 hour ago
We won’t talk about wins or losses will we DC Express. Ooooffff

Ok this is hilarious. We have a dad; I’m presuming, pounding his chest over a scrimmage win in a club game!! You keep focusing on those W & Ls while everyone else is getting recruited.

Sorry your sons team is constantly losing , some of us play to win and it carries over when we go D1.

Let's hope he keeps that same passion at AFLAC or Enterpise rental car!

Hey Boys 🧑🏼‍🦲. How did that game against 91 go? Word is neither boy is starting these days. The mighty have fallen. 😂
Minimal time against Laxachusetts.

But with a big impact !
10,702 2,371,760 more...
MARYLAND FORUM
Re: Girl's 2027 Grades - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 1 hour ago
Seems like like local refs make calls for local teams…per usual.

Another thing, seems NY parents don't understand that a tomahawk swing that hits the ground is instant Yellow, no need for contact.

Not in our game, lots of tomahawk swings hitting the ground and nothing was called....

Bad refs were all over the field, thats the problem when there are literally hundreds of games in a weekend.
239 54,110 more...
MARYLAND FORUM
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 1 hour ago
Wins and losses should have stopped mattering 2 season ago

Might not matter but 1-3 for M&D this weekend is not a good look.

Who cares!!! All of these girls are ready to move on! It’s their last summer before they go off to college. Nobody cares about rankings/wins/losses at this point. They’re all recruited.

Why play the game if no one cares? Why travel and waste a beautiful weekend if no one cares? Why risk injury if no one cares? And yes, there are still some girls that are trying to get film as they are still going through the recruiting process. So yes, they care.
Could not have said it better myself. I know it wouldn’t be spending thousands this summer if it didn’t matter.
2,302 748,721 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 1 hour ago
congrats to LE, they really tested themselves the past 2 weekends

Quite opposite actually. If they were really testing themselves they would be playing all on age kids and not with kids who should be playing with 27s. Just saying.

We’re way past the age based play request, I would settle for grade based but that obviously way to much of an ask.
764 170,568 more...
MARYLAND FORUM
Re: MD Girls 2028 Anonymous 1 hour ago
Only 2 players on Coppermine are allowed to shoot. As teams become older and more knowledgeable it won’t work anymore. They are definitely a team on the decline.
2.5 now...although 2 players probably account for 95% of their shots and goals. Feel sorry for the other players when the recruiting showcases start in two years.

Kids have to produce to get recruited. If a college watches a kid force plays and make turnovers it doesn’t matter who’s watching. This is for all teams. Heros has a top 3 and rest are role players. Same at Coppermine and Sw. Don’t act like it’s different. The top players do extra to stand out on their team. Extra training, work on their own. Those that make more plays get their number called more often. Michael Jordan didn’t pass to luc longley for a game winner. If a girl produces more likely her team will share the ball with her. You all are gonna be a treat during recruiting jumping teams to find a place your average daughter can stand out and get recruited by BC.

It is not true that the top players on these teams are doing more than the rest of their team. Most girls on top teams are working hard. Some may feel that if they got the same opportunities other had, they might produce a little more. Regardless, who to run plays through etc etc is the COACHES call. It is not your DD's call who she should and should not pass to based on HER opinion of who produces.
3,378 841,824 more...
Re: Girls 2026-10th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 1 hour ago
YJ missing their sayville girls got exposed. Humble pie 🥧 got served!

She is the best player in the grade, no one even close. She was there Sunday and will be around for the rest of the summer.

No one even close??? I would not say that. But yes she is very talented. YJ still lost 2 of 3 on Sunday

One's opinion, and I agree. 9/1 we will see.
33 9,271 more...
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous 1 hour ago
Class C is a two man race next year - Rye and Somers. 🍿

Yes, Somers in C for 2025. Mixes things up quite a bit. Don't know much about what Somers has coming back, but it seems likely they will slide into the John Jay spot as the presumptive bridesmaid to Rye, with Jay dropping down to the upper middle class neighborhood of Byram, TZ, PR, Pelham, HH. TZ stays in C by it seems one kid - otherwise would be in B. They will be the largest C school in 25. Otherwise, there does not appear to be any major changes to C. There also doesn't seem to be major changes anywhere else.

In 2025 C will be the deepest/best class in Section 1.

For what it's worth, Clarkstown South will be the largest B school. Pleasantville will be the largest in D.
4,070 1,995,525 more...
MARYLAND FORUM
Big surprise in pool F at NAL with two lower AA Long Island teams came out on top of 2 elite Hoco teams

What happened to the Crabs this weekend?? They lost to a B team over in Delaware. That’s a terrible loss (Riot Chaos).
10,794 2,246,245 more...
MARYLAND FORUM
FCA really put it on ML.

And they and 3d GA both ended up with losing records, despite having the only two elite goalies in the class.

Seriously, Madlax goalie dad, give it up already! No one agrees with you. The 2028 class is loaded with goalie talent ... and the elite goalies don't play for Madlax!
10,794 2,246,245 more...
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous 1 hour ago
That good to know about BB , True W seems like a really well run program, definitely going to be taking mkt share
4,070 1,995,525 more...

613 147,257 more...
MadLax is a great team. No one says otherwise.
Igloo also played their entire roster as well in the championship game.
613 147,257 more...
MARYLAND FORUM
FCA really put it on ML.

Where’s the chirpy Madlax goalie dad? Apparently the little scoopers and rippers are needed back at Madlax
They lost to Igloo. 😂

Watching MadLax break down is great. I can only image how Cabel handled the loss. Knowing him he probably blamed the players.

I hope those B team parents who let their kids abandon their teams just ahead of summer are basking in all of this elite glory.
I wonder when the actual end of their season was with their previous “B” teams? Did they leave mid season or was June 1 the middle between seasons? If it was indeed mid season, that’s very ill advised, despite what Madlax was offering. Shows really poor character and likely burned a bridge in making the decision to leave a team mid season who had given them a roster spot… Hope it works out for them but the outlook is not good
10,794 2,246,245 more...
Re: Boys 2027-9th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 2 hours ago
Another one that is terrible is the LI Lax Showcase . That event is also run by a local club/HS coach . The problem is he doesn't hide the fact that he's an igloo coach and invites all of the igloo teams there and it becomes an igloo infested selection with kids that can barely catch and throw . There is no real coach evaluating anything....it's igloo then adding in some other kids lol. Save your time and money . It's gotten so bad that the coach running it even picks up the phone to ask why some kids he knows didn't sign up when the numbers are light . He needs to get paid .

This actually isn't true at all. My older son had several D1 offers that can be directly attributed to playing in the Nassau-Suffolk game a couple of years ago. He didn't play for Igloo and I don't think anyone on his team did.

Be wary of parents whose kids aren't good enough to make these all-star game talking smack about them to make themselves feel better about it.
93 25,633 more...
Re: Girls 2026-10th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 2 hours ago

She is the best player in the grade, no one even close. She was there Sunday and will be around for the rest of the summer.

No one even close??? I would not say that. But yes she is very talented. YJ still lost 2 of 3 on Sunday
33 9,271 more...
MARYLAND FORUM
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 2 hours ago
Wins and losses should have stopped mattering 2 season ago

Might not matter but 1-3 for M&D this weekend is not a good look.

Who cares!!! All of these girls are ready to move on! It’s their last summer before they go off to college. Nobody cares about rankings/wins/losses at this point. They’re all recruited.

They should be competing and getting better. Next summer they have to do it on their own and most mommies and daddies won’t make them and allow them to go hang out in OC all summer and then complain when they aren’t ready to play in college. Move on now if your kid doesn’t care.
2,302 748,721 more...
Re: Girls 2026-10th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 2 hours ago

33 9,271 more...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Today's Visitors
7 members (abowden, JimSection1, LILAXDAD2023, BiggLax, Thirdy@BOTC, cltlax, TM@BOTC), 7,229 guests, and 6,900 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod