BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,725
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 90 of 99 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 98 99
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
can someone please explain why EN is unable to get kids placed to high-quality d1 schools when their teams are always highly ranked?

Grades must be a factor.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
as the poster above mentioned, relationships matter, if you want to get recruited D1, you go to PT , you want to go to D3, go to Express, 91 TS , etc...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
as the poster above mentioned, relationships matter, if you want to get recruited D1, you go to PT , you want to go to D3, go to Express, 91 TS , etc...

In regard to the post above, brought to you by friends of PT.

PT: 2 commits from 2024: Cuse and Colgate. I admit, PT 2025 will be significant.

However, disregard the following DI details.

Eclipse: 17 commits from 2024s: Including ND, Cuse, UNC, UVA, Michigan, Brown, Boston, Utah, Richmond, Bryant & SHU
Preds (NY): 6 commits from 2024: Johns Hop, UNC, Bucknell, Dartmouth, Hofstra & Holy Cross
2W (only showing ‘23’s): 17 commits: Princeton, ND, Yale, Harvard, Ohio, UNC, Marquette & Providence

Hmm, seems that PT has definitely lost the title of king of the West/CT. PT set the bar and sure seems others have surpassed PT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
appreciate the data points re pt 2024 but your mistaken and the post was really about Express Norths inability to place kids at the d1 level

div 1 Prime time 2024

syracuse, cogate, umass, uvm, airforce, yale brown, georgetown, richmond 2x, johns Hopkins, lehigh st johns cornell, monmouth princeton lafayette and army

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
appreciate the data points re pt 2024 but your mistaken and the post was really about Express Norths inability to place kids at the d1 level

div 1 Prime time 2024

syracuse, cogate, umass, uvm, airforce, yale brown, georgetown, richmond 2x, johns Hopkins, lehigh st johns cornell, monmouth princeton lafayette and army

Interested in your data, because mine was from PT's website (https://ptlacrosse.com/boys/commitments/?grad=2024).

I also agree that the convo was about EN, but you brought PT into it.

How much compensation do you get from PT, you know, in passing out the kool aid.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if I was getting paid, the website would be up to date - lol . the data I gave was from inside lacrosse, it goes without saying that PT eclipse, preds 2 way all do better in placement up to this point in time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone please explain why EN is unable to get kids placed to high-quality d1 schools when their teams are always highly ranked?

It’s the work put in by the club and their connections. PT and 2W are much better at it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In regard to the post above, brought to you by friends of PT.

PT: 2 commits from 2024: Cuse and Colgate. I admit, PT 2025 will be significant.

However, disregard the following DI details.

Eclipse: 17 commits from 2024s: Including ND, Cuse, UNC, UVA, Michigan, Brown, Boston, Utah, Richmond, Bryant & SHU
Preds (NY): 6 commits from 2024: Johns Hop, UNC, Bucknell, Dartmouth, Hofstra & Holy Cross
2W (only showing ‘23’s): 17 commits: Princeton, ND, Yale, Harvard, Ohio, UNC, Marquette & Providence

Hmm, seems that PT has definitely lost the title of king of the West/CT. PT set the bar and sure seems others have surpassed PT.

I think you are grossly misinformed bout PT What I have for 2024 PT:
Yale
Cornell
Georgetown
Princeton
Brown
Hopkins
Syracuse
Army
Lehigh
Air Force
uMass
Tufts
Salisbury
Richmond x2
Lafayette
Vermont
Colgate
Monmouth
St John’s

That’s much more than your list of Cuse and Colgate. Much if this is no doubt built on relationships as many of those are great players but there are great players who don’t have the college commitment because they don’t have the connection.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Grades must be a factor.

A lot of these kids go to very high performing high schools: Ct prep schools, Darien, ridge field, new Canaan etc. I guess they could have bad grades at those schools but chances are not all of them have bad grades. One of the 2022 recruits decommitted from Yale to go to MIT. That seems like a smart person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for PT: The website isn’t up to date. Go to Instagram. You’re insane to try arguing that PT isn’t the best club to play for in westchester for boys and girls. The commits are top notch for the past 3 years. And yes, my kid played for PT and I thank God we were smart enough to make that decision years ago. Otherwise, my kid would probably not be playing at a top D1 school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for PT: The website isn’t up to date. Go to Instagram. You’re insane to try arguing that PT isn’t the best club to play for in westchester for boys and girls. The commits are top notch for the past 3 years. And yes, my kid played for PT and I thank God we were smart enough to make that decision years ago. Otherwise, my kid would probably not be playing at a top D1 school.

Ask any of your kids if they want to play for PT or 2way or Preds or EN. None of them are saying, ooooh please make Preds my top choice thats for sure. Eclipse and PT if you want high D1. 2way if you want mid. Preds if you want to hope for D3 and deal with a bunch of Meanyclown egos taking your money while they go to their other jobs. 2W if you are prep and holdback that doesnt make PT or Eclipse. Theres a place for everyone but PT and Eclipse deliver on the recruiting and exposure side on a different level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask any of your kids if they want to play for PT or 2way or Preds or EN. None of them are saying, ooooh please make Preds my top choice thats for sure. Eclipse and PT if you want high D1. 2way if you want mid. Preds if you want to hope for D3 and deal with a bunch of Meanyclown egos taking your money while they go to their other jobs. 2W if you are prep and holdback that doesnt make PT or Eclipse. Theres a place for everyone but PT and Eclipse deliver on the recruiting and exposure side on a different level.

Not a 2way fan here as they are reclass central but they have done a little better than “mid-d1”. Yes a lot of average d1 but some pretty good schools as well. Maybe not up to what PT has done but better than EN. Maybe equal to eclipse depending on the year)

Here are the d1 commits for 2way (yes I included the “mid d1” as beauty is in the run of the beholder”. Left out some of the real good D3 schools they have committed to.

2024: UNC, Michigan, Brown x 2, Lafayettex2, Colgate, Marist, Bryant , Hobart
2023: Princeton, Ohio State, yale x2, notre dame, Harvard, UNC, Air Force x2, providence, Marquette, Binghamton
2022: notre dame, Utah, Marquette, sacred heart, monmouth x2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Box lacrosse landscape in Westchester/CT? It is getting very popular now which is awesome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In light of the forum rules; Named Individuals….Identification of adults …in posts should be accompanied by substantiated facts, sources, and details.

Let’s Pivot from the convo about where your son should NOW play club lax, let’s talk about HV adults that had significant success on the colligate level.

Currently, only the Boyer brothers and Makar, are the HV player has made a significant impact on the college level. JB lists Ballers as his club team and KB lists PT. I could not find where Makar played club.

It seems that YHS remains on top in producing high profile/caliber players, with Lakeland in 2nd (with too many historical great players). I’m guessing JJHS with the Bocklet brothers and NYACK with Hess.

Most if not all of these HV GOATS played for HV in the ESG.

Can we start naming the now adults who had significant colligate field success, where they played HS and Club in the HV area?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Box lacrosse landscape in Westchester/CT? It is getting very popular now which is awesome.

Superstars - Colsey
Warthogs- Justin Otto

Primetime- is starting a box program with Kirkaldy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Superstars always good, been around a while.

845 Box been around a couple years, very very good coaching and affordable. Family atmosphere.

Not sure about the other newer programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 season with Tri State was more than enough.
Total S...Show.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't have thoughts on 2way but can speak a bit to PT. They have "lost" a bunch of kids in the younger years to the other programs. I think they will struggle with the 2027's and younger going forward. They have a fantastic track record with the colleges but that's because they won a lot. They aren't winning (at all) with these younger classes.

As for EN, the Director either doesn't have the connections or doesn't think the kids are good enough. My understanding is that Express as a whole is pretty connected so if CoachC thinks your good, he can make a call and coaches listen to him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 season with Tri State was more than enough.
Total S...Show.

[Censored] show ? ( new person here and just interested in relative comparison of them all )

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for EN, the Director either doesn't have the connections or doesn't think the kids are good enough. My understanding is that Express as a whole is pretty connected so if CoachC thinks your good, he can make a call and coaches listen to him.[/quote]

if an Express North parent is paying 4k a year for the sole purpose of trying to get recruited, why should they have to call CoachC down on long island to make a call?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened with tri state?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't have thoughts on 2way but can speak a bit to PT. They have "lost" a bunch of kids in the younger years to the other programs. I think they will struggle with the 2027's and younger going forward. They have a fantastic track record with the colleges but that's because they won a lot. They aren't winning (at all) with these younger classes.

As for EN, the Director either doesn't have the connections or doesn't think the kids are good enough. My understanding is that Express as a whole is pretty connected so if CoachC thinks your good, he can make a call and coaches listen to him.

For EN it’s a little of both. Connections are not as good as one would think. Players are not as good as one would think although they are still very good with only 1-2 exceptionally great players per year. They simply don’t put resources towards recruiting; don’t know if they are trying to save money or what; it’s just never been a focus. More of a family run business ether than a Club Juggernaut. Nice enough people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For EN it’s a little of both. Connections are not as good as one would think. Players are not as good as one would think although they are still very good with only 1-2 exceptionally great players per year. They simply don’t put resources towards recruiting; don’t know if they are trying to save money or what; it’s just never been a focus. More of a family run business ether than a Club Juggernaut. Nice enough people.

Coming from a parent (not a coach), my strong advice to parents of young lacrosse players in westchester - have your kid tryout for the youngest PT lacrosse team possible and start out at the ground floor. Will be easier to get on board, will be trained at a high level, will play at a high level, will have the best chance to grow as a player, and will be part of a family, which means easier to maintain your position and not get cut as time goes on unless it’s just not meant to be. It’s very hard to try out for a new team like PT and make it as an older player unless you’re a student. Rosters get settled as kids gets older. This advice goes for boys and girls. Playing at the highest level on a national playing field means more visibility to college coaches and more of a chance to get recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B- for college recruiting for EN is a generous grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For EN recruiting just isn't really part of the model. You are paying for the right to play in AA tournaments, nothing more, nothing less. If you understand this and do your own recruiting assuming you have good video and strong grades your son can get recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For EN recruiting just isn't really part of the model. You are paying for the right to play in AA tournaments, nothing more, nothing less. If you understand this and do your own recruiting assuming you have good video and strong grades your son can get recruited.

Agree with this. They sell themselves on tournaments. Though I feel like with the money that one pays they should get recruiting help and shouldn’t have to rely on their own video and good grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with this. They sell themselves on tournaments. Though I feel like with the money that one pays they should get recruiting help and shouldn’t have to rely on their own video and good grades.

Have to disagree, EN gets it done and works hard. They are doing some good things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schreiber is old school gritty long island lacrosse, good things ahead for EN

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schreiber a good guy. Hope they are getting things done but in all honesty for then 2023 classes and older, recruiting simply was not their thing. Maybe this changes with this 2024 class? So far I see ND, Lafayette and Iona and for d3: Stevens, Dickinson. In total only 7 for the class of 2024. Great for those kids but when talking about it in the context of PT, 2W and eclipse, it falls very short in the area. But like you said, maybe good things ahead for the class of 2025. There’s a Virginia commit reclass from 2024.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schreiber a good guy. Hope they are getting things done but in all honesty for then 2023 classes and older, recruiting simply was not their thing. Maybe this changes with this 2024 class? So far I see ND, Lafayette and Iona and for d3: Stevens, Dickinson. In total only 7 for the class of 2024. Great for those kids but when talking about it in the context of PT, 2W and eclipse, it falls very short in the area. But like you said, maybe good things ahead for the class of 2025. There’s a Virginia commit reclass from 2024.

I think Virginia commit plays for Prime Time now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Virginia commit plays for Prime Time now.

Yikes. Well there goes that one for EN. Anyways, good people but lacking in the recruiting dept. To those who say good things to come, I hope so but based on their history, in comparison to the other 3 clubs, they are last

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well as predicted, PT crushing Express North on the recruiting front(not surprising)

3 big commits so

Princeton-2
Notre Dame -1

granted Express will have a few- its peanuts compared to PT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well as predicted, PT crushing Express North on the recruiting front(not surprising)

3 big commits so

Princeton-2
Notre Dame -1

granted Express will have a few- its peanuts compared to PT

Stirring the pot already, no one is surprised with PT's 2025 team commits. All of those Boys will do very well.

However, have you seen the recent US Club Lax top 50 rankings of programs? Seems that they too agree that PT has slipped a little. The local results are:

Eclipse #6,
PT #18,
2W #20,
EN #22,
Preds #43

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring Coaching Carousel beginning already in Section 1 - Somers and Arlington among the current vacancies. I'm a little surprised at both. Somers had an off year last year, but to have that staff step away seems to be indicative of what is becoming all-too familiar in HS sports, catering to the unhappy minority of parent-mobs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Add Briarcliff to the list

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for Somers & Bcliff jobs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone will coach them.
But seriously, folks... It may be a bit early in the year, but Somers does do a lot of off-season work that the previous coaches were heavily involved with so there will be some pressure to get someone in place to start winter and pre-season ball.

Briarcliff may be in a better position as I believe it was just the HC that left as opposed to Somers who reportedly lost their entire staff.

These are two very good teams on paper and we may see some shuffling around as other programs might be losing a head coach or top assistant. OB the former Eastchester Head Coach who is now a top assistant at JJCR would be a good candidate, but he may want to stay where he is.

Parents need to start realizing that pushing the coach out may not get you the type of new coach you want, There aren't a glut of top-quality coaches so they have their choice of where to go. No one wants to deal with out-of-control parents. Coaches talk and if there is any of that even suspected, you will have a very hard time getting anyone of quality in your school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone will coach them.
But seriously, folks... It may be a bit early in the year, but Somers does do a lot of off-season work that the previous coaches were heavily involved with so there will be some pressure to get someone in place to start winter and pre-season ball.

Briarcliff may be in a better position as I believe it was just the HC that left as opposed to Somers who reportedly lost their entire staff.

These are two very good teams on paper and we may see some shuffling around as other programs might be losing a head coach or top assistant. OB the former Eastchester Head Coach who is now a top assistant at JJCR would be a good candidate, but he may want to stay where he is.

Parents need to start realizing that pushing the coach out may not get you the type of new coach you want, There aren't a glut of top-quality coaches so they have their choice of where to go. No one wants to deal with out-of-control parents. Coaches talk and if there is any of that even suspected, you will have a very hard time getting anyone of quality in your school.

I think the "out of control" parents story is kind of overdone. I know people get frustrated with coaches but I've not really seen it boil all the way up to the coach. In my experience it is people like me chatting to other parents about what they would do differently. In the end it's just boring chatter among parents. I guess the Somers and Briarcliff situations could be different. I think it is hard to get a quality coach at any school at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone will coach them.

I think the "out of control" parents story is kind of overdone. I know people get frustrated with coaches but I've not really seen it boil all the way up to the coach. In my experience it is people like me chatting to other parents about what they would do differently. In the end it's just boring chatter among parents. I guess the Somers and Briarcliff situations could be different. I think it is hard to get a quality coach at any school at this point.

I agree with both statements above.

Without tipping my hand, I’m a fool parent. But, I don’t want the high school head coach out.

I want him to recognize how poorly the program is running and make significant changes. But, he won’t because he is an average school teacher (in the district) , collecting his pay, is not vested into the sport, lacks specific lax knowledge and experience, has divided priorities and lastly, no desire to be go beyond average.

In this age and within our area, to be an above average coach is rare. Can’t blame the school districts, as most schools are limited with compensation, resources and people with lacrosse experience. Too many schools don’t have specific lacrosse only coaches.

Can we start a list of lacrosse specific coaching staff:
Yorktown: Shurr / Guski
JJ: Bocklet / Bernabo
Kennedy: Savs
Carmel: Caione,
Wappingers: Kuz,
Pleasantville: Kear

Armonk, Bronxville, Chappaqua, Mamaroneck/Larchmont, Rye, Scarsdale, Rye: Affluent + robust youth programs = win, win, for anyone who walks into these high school coaching positions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone in Section 1 going to have a more stacked 2025 class than Rye? 4 D1 Commits so far and its only September: Notre Dame, Princeton, Princeton and Villanova.

Like Reply Quote
Page 90 of 99 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 98 99
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard