BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,968
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 155 of 327 1 2 153 154 155 156 157 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Say what you want about the yellow jackets and believe me I don't like them, but they aren't dirty, I have seen them play against our teams a bunch and they have always been tough competitors but always show good sportsmanship (MD parent)

Good to hear from you again Carol, when did you move to Maryland?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something has to be done about the coaching at the younger ages at the Yellow Jackets. Or maybe it's the parents influencing their daughters to play dirty? The issue isn't so much with the top team. They are very talented and generally don't need to resort to dirty play because they move well and get in good defensive position. The problems start as soon as you get to the "B" team. The coaches/parents want them to play the same swarming, aggressive defense that the top team plays and that they see in college and better high school games. And yet they aren't talented enough to execute it. So what happens? Brutal cross-checks, swinging sticks, tripping, body checking etc. To be fair, it's not just the Yellow Jackets. Same thing with Top Guns. However, you don't see it with the Maryland youth teams, or anywhere else, generally speaking. Please teach these less talented girls how to play correctly. You are doing them a disservice and definitely doing the girls they play a disservice.

Sounds like you lost to the B team.

No, beat them with our B/C team ... try again. They are not talented and resorted to dirty play when it didn't go their way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something has to be done about the coaching at the younger ages at the Yellow Jackets. Or maybe it's the parents influencing their daughters to play dirty? The issue isn't so much with the top team. They are very talented and generally don't need to resort to dirty play because they move well and get in good defensive position. The problems start as soon as you get to the "B" team. The coaches/parents want them to play the same swarming, aggressive defense that the top team plays and that they see in college and better high school games. And yet they aren't talented enough to execute it. So what happens? Brutal cross-checks, swinging sticks, tripping, body checking etc. To be fair, it's not just the Yellow Jackets. Same thing with Top Guns. However, you don't see it with the Maryland youth teams, or anywhere else, generally speaking. Please teach these less talented girls how to play correctly. You are doing them a disservice and definitely doing the girls they play a disservice.

It's blue teams as well. HS coaches teaching 11 and 12 year olds dangerous defense, and unfortunately it carries over to their PAL season as well. Poor coaching, what a shame. Very dangerous.

This has been spoken about before with the YJ's in particular who try and intimidate with rough play and take quiet advantages by moving their feet at every whistle. Should be a rule that XXX number of fouls and you are ejected like in basketball. These whistles scare no one and unless the rules change we will all be wearing helmets like Florida

Agree with the foul count and also Red Cards need to be used. A message has to be sent that impacts the results of the game or it will never end. At present there are no consequences except serious injuries for their opponents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's blue teams as well. HS coaches teaching 11 and 12 year olds dangerous defense, and unfortunately it carries over to their PAL season as well. Poor coaching, what a shame. Very dangerous.

In our club we have great high school and college coaches coaching our girls and they don't teach this dirty play. So it isn't the fact that they are high school coaches, it is these particular high school coaches.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In our club we have great high school and college coaches coaching our girls and they don't teach this dirty play. So it isn't the fact that they are high school coaches, it is these particular high school coaches.

What club would that be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What club would that be?

Why? Do question that that is the case? I assure you it is. The coaches' resumes are stellar (far more impressive than the yellow jackets') and they back it up with great coaching at the youth level that is both high level and taught the right way. They are the first ones to yell at their own players if they commit a dangerous play. But of course this isn't the point is it?

You clearly are trying to deflect the focus from the real issue, which is the dirty play of YOUR teams. Clean it up Yellow Jackets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What club would that be?

Why? Do question that that is the case? I assure you it is. The coaches' resumes are stellar (far more impressive than the yellow jackets') and they back it up with great coaching at the youth level that is both high level and taught the right way. They are the first ones to yell at their own players if they commit a dangerous play. But of course this isn't the point is it?

You clearly are trying to deflect the focus from the real issue, which is the dirty play of YOUR teams. Clean it up Yellow Jackets.

If your club is such a model of good coaching, please share your club so that the readers can judge the legitimacy of your claim. Otherwise you are just talking garbage, and your point is invalid and unsubstantiated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I read and hear this all the time about YJ yet when I watch my daughters team play the consistently get less fouls and less yellow cards than the teams they are playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at recent tournament games you must be either a Liberty, Revolution or Team 91 parent, the younger YJ girls beat them pretty good. Sour grapes

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we need to keep this in perspective. I am a parent from another club on LI. To say say YJ teach dirty play is a generalization of the club. We have played against them at the 2021 age level and I also have seen one of their 2022 teams play and I don't think I've seen so called "dirty play" being used on the field. Girls were no more aggressive then teams from MD, PA or NJ for this tournament season IMO.

My sense is that if a team is consistently getting yellow cards from refs throughout the course of a tournament season I suspect that team is being coached poorly and the argument could be made that they are a dirty team by virtue of their coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What club would that be?

If your club is such a model of good coaching, please share your club so that the readers can judge the legitimacy of your claim. Otherwise you are just talking garbage, and your point is invalid and unsubstantiated.
no one would ever ams a club and be subjected to the Y.J. ridicule. As soon as the poster names a club all the Y.J. drones will be giving their scathing ridicule as to how that club is far inferior and could"t beat a Y.J. F team. It's a no win situation with you high and mighty Y.J. types. Your all a bunch of drones that think winning is the only thing that could possibly determine the success of a club. Your all so hopelessly pathetic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just win baby!! You play.the game.to win!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just win baby!! You play.the game.to win!

As long as my kid plays the position she wants and everything goes through her

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like it was quite a battle between these two teams over the years. One thing LI parents fail to mention (correct me if I am wrong) is that LI girls are allowed to play HS ball in 8th grade. This makes for a huge advantage going into the latter years of club lax. The earlier exposure to that kind of competition goes a long way, more than most realize until you see the strides made to the LI girls compared to MD over that one summer.

Possibly, YJ defo has won the last 4 out of 5 from MD and has won all championship tournaments they have entered in over a year including the ones MD have been at. YJ has been the best High school age 2016 team ,yes MD was the best middle school 2016 team, end of story.Curious when is last time MD won a championship tournament as I hear they have lost more times to Heroes than they have won.

Good news. All M&D teams will be at Lax for the Cure next summer so there will be another chance for some YJ vs. M&D fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like it was quite a battle between these two teams over the years. One thing LI parents fail to mention (correct me if I am wrong) is that LI girls are allowed to play HS ball in 8th grade. This makes for a huge advantage going into the latter years of club lax. The earlier exposure to that kind of competition goes a long way, more than most realize until you see the strides made to the LI girls compared to MD over that one summer.

Possibly, YJ defo has won the last 4 out of 5 from MD and has won all championship tournaments they have entered in over a year including the ones MD have been at. YJ has been the best High school age 2016 team ,yes MD was the best middle school 2016 team, end of story.Curious when is last time MD won a championship tournament as I hear they have lost more times to Heroes than they have won.

Good news. All M&D teams will be at Lax for the Cure next summer so there will be another chance for some YJ vs. M&D fun.

Hopefully they set it up like this year, all best teams in 1 pool , play all teams in that pool in full games, would make it the best tournament of the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now that's some good news, not the normal [lacrosse]ing and moaning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waste of time and money to go to Colorado to not play Skywalkers or M&D at the U15. Not a real tournament!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waste of time and money to go to Colorado to not play Skywalkers or M&D at the U15. Not a real tournament!!!

Agreed. Long Island teams will play each other due to lack of attendance and competition. YJ will walk away with it easily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In our club we have great high school and college coaches coaching our girls and they don't teach this dirty play. So it isn't the fact that they are high school coaches, it is these particular high school coaches. [/quote]

What club would that be?[/quote]

You clearly are trying to deflect the focus from the real issue, which is the dirty play of YOUR teams. Clean it up Yellow Jackets.[/quote]
If your club is such a model of good coaching, please share your club so that the readers can judge the legitimacy of your claim. Otherwise you are just talking garbage, and your point is invalid and unsubstantiated. [/quote] no one would ever ams a club and be subjected to the Y.J. ridicule. As soon as the poster names a club all the Y.J. drones will be giving their scathing ridicule as to how that club is far inferior and could"t beat a Y.J. F team. It's a no win situation with you high and mighty Y.J. types. Your all a bunch of drones that think winning is the only thing that could possibly determine the success of a club. Your all so hopelessly pathetic[/quote]

Thank you for the back up. That is exactly correct. Our b team beat the Yellow jackets b team. It is not sour grapes, just fact. Our A team would likely lose to the yellow jackets A team, but it would be a competitive game.

Our coaches are fantastic by any measure you want to use. Whether it is the multiple D1 all-americans on the staff, or the multiple high school state championships won by the coaches, or the current coaches at D1 programs including several from top 25 and top 5 programs, their resumes are hands down better than the yellow jackets coaches. This summer there are coaches that either have played or currently play for Johns Hopkins, Syracuse, Boston College, Northwestern and many other great schools.

The fact is that the club is very good. Not quite at the level of the yellow jackets top teams mainly because of depth issues, but very respectable. And most importantly, they teach the game correctly. And their players thrive at the college level. Have for years.

So don't worry, you still hold the crown for best (or one of best) clubs at the top level as far as wins and losses (at least until the game grows to more parts of the country and then their best athletes start playing and its game over for LI) but you also hold the crown for dirtiest play. Own it. You have coached and played it for years. You've earned it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What club would that be?[/quote]

You clearly are trying to deflect the focus from the real issue, which is the dirty play of YOUR teams. Clean it up Yellow Jackets.[/quote]
If your club is such a model of good coaching, please share your club so that the readers can judge the legitimacy of your claim. Otherwise you are just talking garbage, and your point is invalid and unsubstantiated. [/quote] no one would ever ams a club and be subjected to the Y.J. ridicule. As soon as the poster names a club all the Y.J. drones will be giving their scathing ridicule as to how that club is far inferior and could"t beat a Y.J. F team. It's a no win situation with you high and mighty Y.J. types. Your all a bunch of drones that think winning is the only thing that could possibly determine the success of a club. Your all so hopelessly pathetic[/quote]

Thank you for the back up. That is exactly correct. Our b team beat the Yellow jackets b team. It is not sour grapes, just fact. Our A team would likely lose to the yellow jackets A team, but it would be a competitive game.

Our coaches are fantastic by any measure you want to use. Whether it is the multiple D1 all-americans on the staff, or the multiple high school state championships won by the coaches, or the current coaches at D1 programs including several from top 25 and top 5 programs, their resumes are hands down better than the yellow jackets coaches. This summer there are coaches that either have played or currently play for Johns Hopkins, Syracuse, Boston College, Northwestern and many other great schools.

The fact is that the club is very good. Not quite at the level of the yellow jackets top teams mainly because of depth issues, but very respectable. And most importantly, they teach the game correctly. And their players thrive at the college level. Have for years.

So don't worry, you still hold the crown for best (or one of best) clubs at the top level as far as wins and losses (at least until the game grows to more parts of the country and then their best athletes start playing and its game over for LI) but you also hold the crown for dirtiest play. Own it. You have coached and played it for years. You've earned it. [/quote]

You sound so proud. name your team. Oh wait it must be a secret, don't tell because we will all run there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was comical thanks for the laugh laugh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound so proud. name your team. Oh wait it must be a secret, don't tell because we will all run there. [/quote]

Let me guess ... your kid sucks but you think she's great because she plays for the "yellow jackets" ... more than likely the second, third or even fourth team. You haven't realized yet that you've been had. Stay right where you are. It suits you just fine I'm sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound so proud. name your team. Oh wait it must be a secret, don't tell because we will all run there.

Let me guess ... your kid sucks but you think she's great because she plays for the "yellow jackets" ... more than likely the second, third or even fourth team. You haven't realized yet that you've been had. Stay right where you are. It suits you just fine I'm sure. [/quote]

And your club is? Oh, now I get it. Your just a troll with no life that comes on here to cause trouble. You have no credibility here so go away now and watch your daughter play on her make believe club with her make believe friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Congrats to Curcio Babylon Blast Champs.... great job

Order has been restored! Pounded jones and Chris !!

Too funny...they changed the Elite tournament schedule so Curcio doesn't play Jones. Enough said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too funny...they changed the Elite tournament schedule so Curcio doesn't play Jones. Enough said.

Where is schedule?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably done because they've played each other 4 times already this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is no one going to mention the TG vs YJ Gold game at the U15 National Championship this evening, or are the buzzards swarming waiting for the results before going in for the kill? Weak...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is no one going to mention the TG vs YJ Gold game at the U15 National Championship this evening, or are the buzzards swarming waiting for the results before going in for the kill? Weak...

What are the results? Who is left in the tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you just did

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ wins TG lose why? TG girls got too many yellow cards, ironic given the latest talk about dirty play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ qualifies 3 teams in final 4 at U15 Wow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is the 4th team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing to really brag about...no Maryland teams, in fact many less teams from years past...not what it used to be!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess ... your kid sucks but you think she's great because she plays for the "yellow jackets" ... more than likely the second, third or even fourth team. You haven't realized yet that you've been had. Stay right where you are. It suits you just fine I'm sure.

And your club is? Oh, now I get it. Your just a troll with no life that comes on here to cause trouble. You have no credibility here so go away now and watch your daughter play on her make believe club with her make believe friends. [/quote]

Deflect deflect deflect. How about addressing the issue. Your girls are taught to play a dangerous brand of lacrosse that is inappropriate at the middle school age level. And, as stated earlier, the less talented girls on your B, C, D, E teams can't execute it without causing injuries to their opponents. Why do I have no credibility? I have watched it happen on more than one occasion. And many others support that observation. Maybe it's you that has no credibility? You certainly don't have the guts to address the issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You still have to beat Elevate to win the Championship but at least you will have two chances to do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And your club is? Oh, now I get it. Your just a troll with no life that comes on here to cause trouble. You have no credibility here so go away now and watch your daughter play on her make believe club with her make believe friends.

Deflect deflect deflect. How about addressing the issue. Your girls are taught to play a dangerous brand of lacrosse that is inappropriate at the middle school age level. And, as stated earlier, the less talented girls on your B, C, D, E teams can't execute it without causing injuries to their opponents. Why do I have no credibility? I have watched it happen on more than one occasion. And many others support that observation. Maybe it's you that has no credibility? You certainly don't have the guts to address the issue. [/quote]

Two yellow card for TG in the last 5 minutes of their game against YJ at the U15 tournament. You're on the wrong thread buddy. Now go play for your make believe coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Deflect deflect deflect. How about addressing the issue. Your girls are taught to play a dangerous brand of lacrosse that is inappropriate at the middle school age level. And, as stated earlier, the less talented girls on your B, C, D, E teams can't execute it without causing injuries to their opponents. Why do I have no credibility? I have watched it happen on more than one occasion. And many others support that observation. Maybe it's you that has no credibility? You certainly don't have the guts to address the issue. [/quote]

I have not seen the "dangerous" play you are talking about. I have seen hard nosed, physical and aggressive play. Get used to it if you expect your daughter to play in college. Have you ever seen a DI girls game? Syracuse had 43, yes 43 fouls in the championship game this year. You better get used to it or teach your kid to swim. Lacrosse is a full contact game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Deflect deflect deflect. How about addressing the issue. Your girls are taught to play a dangerous brand of lacrosse that is inappropriate at the middle school age level. And, as stated earlier, the less talented girls on your B, C, D, E teams can't execute it without causing injuries to their opponents. Why do I have no credibility? I have watched it happen on more than one occasion. And many others support that observation. Maybe it's you that has no credibility? You certainly don't have the guts to address the issue.

I have not seen the "dangerous" play you are talking about. I have seen hard nosed, physical and aggressive play. Get used to it if you expect your daughter to play in college. Have you ever seen a DI girls game? Syracuse had 43, yes 43 fouls in the championship game this year. You better get used to it or teach your kid to swim. Lacrosse is a full contact game.[/quote]

Exactly the problem so nicely laid out by you. You are having trouble differentiating between 11 and 12 year-old girls and ones whose bodies are fully developed and less vulnerable to injury. Also, if you actually knew anything about girls lacrosse, you would know it is a non-contact sport by rule. So you just made my point, thank you. You are teaching a contact game to 11-12 year-olds when the rules explicitly say otherwise. The funny thing is that I don't think any of your coaches have ever actually played today's brand of collegiate women's lacrosse. Our coaches have and don't teach what you teach at the 11-12 yr old level. They wait until the girls are older and can handle it appropriately. You should follow their lead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No credibility because you are a moron and not specific ,name the team and game so people can see what a piece of crap liar you are. Your club team sucks so you need to blame something.

Like Reply Quote
Page 155 of 327 1 2 153 154 155 156 157 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard