BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,525
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 154 of 327 1 2 152 153 154 155 156 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To Elevate Owner:
Please get off this forum and go to your own. Your self-promotion through "anonymous" posts is embarrassing. You have a growing program, so get on your own forum and promote it there, please.
Thanks!
And by the way - college coaches will look at our kids regardless of what jersey they are wearing. Good luck to all LI teams at the U15 Nationals this weekend in CO.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
There is no shame in losing to 2017 Elevate Blue. They are a excellent team. The reality is there were 4 or 5 2017 teams that could have won this tournament.

- Yellow Jackets Cook
- Elevate 2017 Blue
- Lady Roc 2017 Yellow
- Sky walkers 2017 Blue

all come to mind. Having girls at UA really has no bearing as there is no way of knowing if other clubs had girls out do to injury, other commitments, etc.

For the teams who did not do as well, who cares? They all played quality opponents and happened to lose. Keep working hard, enjoy the sport and look to win the next time you have an opportunity to play.

Good for Elevate. Nice to see another club getting into the mix. I have heard great things about this club. I know they have some strong younger teams as well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What are the top teams for the 4th/5th grade girls? We are exploring our options and any info would be greatly appreciated. YJ is a possibility, but I have heard some negative things. How are 91, Elevate, and Top Guns in comparison? I would have asked on a different forum but the is none this age group.

5th grade group is competitive. I know that YJ beat Elevate 3-2 in last tournament in playoffs and Elevate beat TG at National Draw. 91 is not at that level.

YJ and Top Guns should be the most competitive going forward Elevate doesn't draw kids like the other two programs.

That must come from a TG parent who lost to Elevate. I guess we will see what happens when they play again after tryouts. If Elevate doesn't draw the same talent how did the 2017 YJ team lose to Elevate this weekend? Also, the Elevate 2018 B team crushed one of the other TG Teams ( not the A team) this summer. That statement about Elevate not drawing kids is baseless. What Elevate doesn't draw are the psycho and obnoxious parents that YJ and TG draw. Best thing to do is to go to tryouts and decide for yourself - you will get a feeling where your child fits best. You will see the difference between the clubs at tryouts.

You don't need to draw any psycho parents! You have Dave . I saw his act screaming at the refs from the parents side of the field at National Draw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]What are the top teams for the 4th/5th grade girls? We are exploring our options and any info would be greatly appreciated. YJ is a possibility, but I have heard some negative things. How are 91, Elevate, and Top Guns in comparison? I would have asked on a different forum but the is none this age group.

5th grade group is competitive. I know that YJ beat Elevate 3-2 in last tournament in playoffs and Elevate beat TG at National Draw. 91 is not at that level.

YJ and Top Guns should be the most competitive going forward Elevate doesn't draw kids like the other two programs.

That must come from a TG parent who lost to Elevate. I guess we will see what happens when they play again after tryouts. If Elevate doesn't draw the same talent how did the 2017 YJ team lose to Elevate this weekend? Also, the Elevate 2018 B team crushed one of the other TG Teams ( not the A team) this summer. That statement about Elevate not drawing kids is baseless. What Elevate doesn't draw are the psycho and obnoxious parents that YJ and TG draw. Best thing to do is to go to tryouts and decide for yourself - you will get a feeling where your child fits best. You will see the difference between the clubs at tryouts.

What Elevate 2017 beat YJ 2017.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the top teams for the 4th/5th grade girls? We are exploring our options and any info would be greatly appreciated. YJ is a possibility, but I have heard some negative things. How are 91, Elevate, and Top Guns in comparison? I would have asked on a different forum but the is none this age group.

The top 5/6th grade team(s) is the one that has practices that are convenient to you both from a location and # perspective, is in your price range, has solid coaching (many programs) and most importantly other girls your daughter feels comfortable playing with. At this age, winning tournaments should be secondary. A "top" 4/5th grade team will see 50%+ turnover by the time the girls hit high school and may no longer be considered a "top" contender.

In other words, choose a program that works best for your family and don't worry about being on the best of the best. It is all subjective who the best is and no one can really tell you differently. Enjoy and good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What are the top teams for the 4th/5th grade girls? We are exploring our options and any info would be greatly appreciated. YJ is a possibility, but I have heard some negative things. How are 91, Elevate, and Top Guns in comparison? I would have asked on a different forum but the is none this age group.

Elevate has already surpassed YJ and TG when it comes to pyscho parents, their behavior at national draw was beyond embarrassing - starts with the directors and coaches and filters its way to the parents. That's why elevate was banned from national draw 2-3 years ago

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't need to draw any psycho parents! You have Dave . I saw his act screaming at the refs from the parents side of the field at National Draw.

Nothing that college recruiters enjoy more than psychotic coaches and parents - you're doing you child a grave disservice surrounding therm with people like that and of course if you're guilty of that btype of behavior your kid has NO chance at being recruited - good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Sizzle looks like a very exciting tournament! YJ and 3 other clubs? Yj should stay home and scrimmage themselves since that's who half are games are against. Is this really necessary?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Fizzle these tournaments are going from bad to worse. Mitchell Field will be the icing on the cake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate has already surpassed YJ and TG when it comes to pyscho parents, their behavior at national draw was beyond embarrassing - starts with the directors and coaches and filters its way to the parents. That's why elevate was banned from national draw 2-3 years ago

Absolutely false statement. Good to make up lies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]What are the top teams for the 4th/5th grade girls? We are exploring our options and any info would be greatly appreciated. YJ is a possibility, but I have heard some negative things. How are 91, Elevate, and Top Guns in comparison? I would have asked on a different forum but the is none this age group.

This weekend Elevate beat YJ at the Rise

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This weekend Elevate beat YJ at the Rise

Elevate top team beat YJ 2nd team by 1 goal on Sat. both teams had obnoxious parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the NY club championships are being held in CO this year. Don't see Capital/Stars or a single team from MD on the U15 schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the NY club championships are being held in CO this year. Don't see Capital/Stars or a single team from MD on the U15 schedule.

At the Northern Rise this past weekend, several coaches (from traditional powerhouse clubs) were discussing this very topic. Essentially the cost to head to Colorado was too prohibitive. Coaches were hoping it comes back to Mid-Atlantic area next year. Florida may be out of the picture due to their new helmet law.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 2016 is 5-1 v. YJ 2016 Defo in championship format tournaments and 5-4 overall. All 4 of YJ Defo's wins v. M&D---including 3 wins in showcase tournaments---came in 2013 when M&D was missing multiple players due to injury.

That being said, I still agree, M&D and YJ are the two top teams at 2016.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 2016 is 5-1 v. YJ 2016 Defo in championship format tournaments and 5-4 overall. All 4 of YJ Defo's wins v. M&D---including 3 wins in showcase tournaments---came in 2013 when M&D was missing multiple players due to injury.

That being said, I still agree, M&D and YJ are the two top teams at 2016.

The injury excuse does not cut it , did I say the last time MD beat Defo was the first tournament last season at which Defo was missing key players because the Long Island school season runs later, no .The championship format I believe you are mistaken as to the records , and honestly to use games that were played when these rising juniors were in middle school is useless.Lets just say MD has the lifetime lead but Defo has the lead as of late.Your argument sort of backs up original claim that at younger age the school cut off has more of an effect than in later years.Team Defo has won the last 7 championship tournaments they have been in I believe. Both great teams and have no problem if MD 2016 want to claim to be the best ,just disagree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At the Northern Rise this past weekend, several coaches (from traditional powerhouse clubs) were discussing this very topic. Essentially the cost to head to Colorado was too prohibitive. Coaches were hoping it comes back to Mid-Atlantic area next year. Florida may be out of the picture due to their new helmet law.

Just airfare and hotel for 2 has to be around a grand, just to play teams from your own back yard. You could throw together a play day, get the three games in and do it for gas money and $10/kid for ref fees. Looks like US LAx couldn't even fill the 32 team slots this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree the entire thing will cost $1,000 plus but it's really not any more expensive than Florida. Airfare to Colorado isn't really much more expensive, hotel is the same and no tickets for Disney smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My post about M&D v YJ was my first post on this thread so I was not backing up (or failing to back up) the age argument.

I simply stated facts. M&D 2016 Black is 5-4 all time v YJ Defo including a 5-1 record in championship format tournaments. You can make whatever you want about missing players/injuries...they are what they are. But, they do impact outcomes.

Hopefully they will play this fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear M&D Dad, It's over for this age group, most of ours and most of yours are committed they will never play a full strength game against each other again. players from both teams will continue to miss tournaments now for a thousand different reasons..see you at the next level...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My post about M&D v YJ was my first post on this thread so I was not backing up (or failing to back up) the age argument.

I simply stated facts. M&D 2016 Black is 5-4 all time v YJ Defo including a 5-1 record in championship format tournaments. You can make whatever you want about missing players/injuries...they are what they are. But, they do impact outcomes.

My daughter had a chipped finger nail in all four of those losses, outcome would have been very different if she was playing healthy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Likely true about "full strength." Good rivalry...too bad we didn't play 10 times a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear M&D Dad, It's over for this age group, most of ours and most of yours are committed they will never play a full strength game against each other again. players from both teams will continue to miss tournaments now for a thousand different reasons..see you at the next level...

...oh. and if they never do play a full strength game against each other again, I'm glad MnD went 2-0 in championship finals!!! Ha...relax...just playin!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like it was quite a battle between these two teams over the years. One thing LI parents fail to mention (correct me if I am wrong) is that LI girls are allowed to play HS ball in 8th grade. This makes for a huge advantage going into the latter years of club lax. The earlier exposure to that kind of competition goes a long way, more than most realize until you see the strides made to the LI girls compared to MD over that one summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. Agreed. But not all Long Island schools are allowed. New rule in place in a handful of districts: no middle school kids can play at hs level
In contact sports. You can even see the difference in those kids play once travel starts up again each year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like it was quite a battle between these two teams over the years. One thing LI parents fail to mention (correct me if I am wrong) is that LI girls are allowed to play HS ball in 8th grade. This makes for a huge advantage going into the latter years of club lax. The earlier exposure to that kind of competition goes a long way, more than most realize until you see the strides made to the LI girls compared to MD over that one summer.

Actually, they can play varsity in 7th grade. Didn't realize that wasn't allowed in other states.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. Agreed. But not all Long Island schools are allowed. New rule in place in a handful of districts: no middle school kids can play at hs level
In contact sports. You can even see the difference in those kids play once travel starts up again each year

You're both nuts, HS ball is PAl with the really dead weight removed, just reinforces bad habit and in most cases 3-4 kids control the entire game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couple more facts , 2016 defo has won the past 4 out of 5 times they have played against MD. 2016 Defo has won all championship format tournaments they have been in , over the past year even when MD has been there. You are exagerating your 5-1 record in championship tournies vs defo. What have you actually won since middle school? I am glad Defo has shown who the best 2016 team is over the last year. I will give you MD was the best middle school 2016 team out there .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3-4 kids control the entire game? Hmm sounds a little like college. Ever seen Syracuse play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something has to be done about the coaching at the younger ages at the Yellow Jackets. Or maybe it's the parents influencing their daughters to play dirty? The issue isn't so much with the top team. They are very talented and generally don't need to resort to dirty play because they move well and get in good defensive position. The problems start as soon as you get to the "B" team. The coaches/parents want them to play the same swarming, aggressive defense that the top team plays and that they see in college and better high school games. And yet they aren't talented enough to execute it. So what happens? Brutal cross-checks, swinging sticks, tripping, body checking etc. To be fair, it's not just the Yellow Jackets. Same thing with Top Guns. However, you don't see it with the Maryland youth teams, or anywhere else, generally speaking. Please teach these less talented girls how to play correctly. You are doing them a disservice and definitely doing the girls they play a disservice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LISTEN to the words you moron

80% of the tournaments over the past year have been showcases. You CANT ACTUALLY WIN a showcase championship because there is no such thing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Possibly, YJ defo has won the last 4 out of 5 from MD and has won all championship tournaments they have entered in over a year including the ones MD have been at. YJ has been the best High school age 2016 team ,yes MD was the best middle school 2016 team, end of story.Curious when is last time MD won a championship tournament as I hear they have lost more times to Heroes than they have won.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns 2016 Black is way dirtier than Defo. Hands down no contest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something has to be done about the coaching at the younger ages at the Yellow Jackets. Or maybe it's the parents influencing their daughters to play dirty? The issue isn't so much with the top team. They are very talented and generally don't need to resort to dirty play because they move well and get in good defensive position. The problems start as soon as you get to the "B" team. The coaches/parents want them to play the same swarming, aggressive defense that the top team plays and that they see in college and better high school games. And yet they aren't talented enough to execute it. So what happens? Brutal cross-checks, swinging sticks, tripping, body checking etc. To be fair, it's not just the Yellow Jackets. Same thing with Top Guns. However, you don't see it with the Maryland youth teams, or anywhere else, generally speaking. Please teach these less talented girls how to play correctly. You are doing them a disservice and definitely doing the girls they play a disservice.

Sounds like you lost to the B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros? Keep dreaming

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moron? You need a smack.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you lost to the B team.

different poster...did lose to a b team. very rough/dirty play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like I smacked your Grammy in her ba-donka-donk

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's blue teams as well. HS coaches teaching 11 and 12 year olds dangerous defense, and unfortunately it carries over to their PAL season as well. Poor coaching, what a shame. Very dangerous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's blue teams as well. HS coaches teaching 11 and 12 year olds dangerous defense, and unfortunately it carries over to their PAL season as well. Poor coaching, what a shame. Very dangerous.

This has been spoken about before with the YJ's in particular who try and intimidate with rough play and take quiet advantages by moving their feet at every whistle. Should be a rule that XXX number of fouls and you are ejected like in basketball. These whistles scare no one and unless the rules change we will all be wearing helmets like Florida

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say what you want about the yellow jackets and believe me I don't like them, but they aren't dirty, I have seen them play against our teams a bunch and they have always been tough competitors but always show good sportsmanship (MD parent)

Like Reply Quote
Page 154 of 327 1 2 152 153 154 155 156 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard