BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,576
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21
Re: National Premier Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FCA U15 Blue wins NXT Cup in Philly. Big 7 - 4 win over Team 91 in semi's. Blowout win in championship game.

Nobody cares. The field in that tournament was weak.

Keep boasting about winning a youth tournament, though.

And there you have it.... FCA U15 Blue??? YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING 2017, that's why you won! MD team playing down, yet again.

You are a dummy. I am not a FCA supporter, but the kids on their U15 team all fit the age eligibility for a U15 division, and none of them are in HS.

God, you LI dads are obsessed.

Moron yes you, just keep playing your kid down. They aren't in HS because they're hold backs and should be in 2017. All 2018's should be U-14. U-15 should be 2017, you obviously can't do simple math. Instead of playing in the bracket you should, you play down, because every time you play on age you get killed, sorry. Now go send your mediocre older player to some $30g a year prep school. Wait is that the phone, maybe it's Petro? He was so impressed with how your son played against younger kids he wants to sign him... No wait wrong number.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA parents, are there 2 differnt U15 teams? I heard about a white & blue team, which team played last weekend & which team going to fl$? do they just mix them up?

FCA U15 Blue wins NXT Cup in Philly. Big 7 - 4 win over Team 91 in semi's. Blowout win in championship game.

And there you have it.... FCA U15 Blue??? YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING 2017, that's why you won! MD team playing down, yet again.

You are a dummy. I am not a FCA supporter, but the kids on their U15 team all fit the age eligibility for a U15 division, and none of them are in HS.

Moron yes you, just keep playing your kid down. They aren't in HS because they're hold backs and should be in 2017. All 2018's should be U-14. U-15 should be 2017, you obviously can't do simple math. Instead of playing in the bracket you should, you play down, because every time you play on age you get killed, sorry. Now go send your mediocre older player to some $30g a year prep school. Wait is that the phone, maybe it's Petro? He was so impressed with how your son played against younger kids he wants to sign him... No wait wrong number.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The both belong to the same Baltimore based FCA club. The Blue Team is their AA team and the White Team is their A team. The Blue Team won the NXT Cup last weekend. Both teams are entered in the fl$ / 3D tournament this weekend.
FCA parents, are there 2 differnt U15 teams? I heard about a white & blue team, which team played last weekend & which team going to fl$? do they just mix them up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The both belong to the same Baltimore based FCA club. The Blue Team is their AA team and the White Team is their A team. The Blue Team won the NXT Cup last weekend. Both teams are entered in the fl$ / 3D tournament this weekend.

I am not sure why the FCA White "A" team is playing in the 2018 bracket. They should be playing down in the 2019 bracket as preparation for reclassifying to 2019 as they repeat 8th grade in September.

Is it accurate to state that the FCA Blue "AA" already reclassified and just completed their second year of 8th grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL @ Long Island.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. My kids aren't held back

2. None of my son's teammates are heldback

3. Even if they were, they are all under the age limit for their division, so it's a moot point.

4. My son goes to public school

5. We aren't worried about college recruiting

6. You are an idiot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we call it 8th grade 2.0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I assume you are a "White" team parent. The "Blue" team is older than the typical U14 - clarifications are embedded
1. My kids aren't held back YET
2. None of my son's teammates are heldback YET
3. Even if they were, they are all under the age limit for their division, so it's a moot point. SEE ITEMS 1&2 REANSWER NEXT YEAR
4. My son goes to public school UNTIL SEPTEMBER WHEN HE WILL REPEAT 8TH AT A PRIVATE SCHOOL
5. We aren't worried about college recruiting IT IS TOO EARLY HE HASN'T EVEN COMPLETED HIS SECOND YEAR OF 8TH GRADE
6. You are an idiot AGREED
To be clear the above was a joke.
I don't know if you really are or are not a contributor to the problem. It is well documented that many MD prep schools and club lacrosse teams are chock full of boys who repeated 8th grade solely to gain an athletic advantage. I really hope that NCAA recruiters learn to see past the advantage a 15 year old has over a 13 year old and do a better job projecting how strong players will be at 19 years old

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a non-holdback parent with a son on a premiere team, I don't understand how the parents and their kids for the that matter, feel good about beating predominantly younger teams. I guess the elite teams (Club Blue, Crabs, FCA, Hawks, Madlax, VLC) have their fair share of holdbacks - but the rest of the teams don't. Most of the opposing tournament teams don't.

What about that one year window at U15 for the non-hold back kid that has limited opportunities due to the many hold backs in front of him? No big deal, I can hold him back and he will be one of the studs on the team next year - problem solved!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crab kids now starting the double hold back! Pre first and
then repeat another grade while transferring
into Boys Latin. BL is the dumping ground for
academically challenged students or kids staying
back purely for lacrosse. I can't believe that school
would support this behavior but then again, they
went 18-0 and won a national title this year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the discussions of a possible third league entering this area they should consider having a holdback league and a non-holdback league since it is so prevalent in this area. Just like the body building contests that were steroid permissible and the clean non-steroid competitions. Then it would be a equal playing field for all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News alert - the only people who consider this an "issue" are bizarre LI dads. Everyone else - including college coaches - doesn't care.

Look at hockey. Nearly every major prospect is older for his grade, and nobody cares.

You guys are great entertainment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nobody cares huh????go back to your hole DBag..you are a cheater plain and simple...and you are teaching your kid to be a cheater.i hope i never meet you at a tourney...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to let everyone Know Madlax U13 National team. With all the kids on this team being of U13 age won the World Chamipionship yesterday. This team had 5 kids from other states but the rest was the spring NPYLL players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News alert - the only people who consider this an "issue" are bizarre LI dads. Everyone else - including college coaches - doesn't care.

Look at hockey. Nearly every major prospect is older for his grade, and nobody cares.

Dumb [lacrosse], hockey is age regulated.... 99's 98's etc. Nobody cares about the 12 month window. It's you sick MD people that know your kid can't compete on age so you have him play down against kids 2 or more years younger. Then you are the bafoons that cheer the loudest when your son finally has success against the little kids. Sorry, but that is disgusting bizarre behavior. On the car ride home, do you actually say to your son, good job against those kids that haven't even gone through puberty yet? Did you ever stop and think of the lessons you're teaching your son? Amazing. You see I teach my son to challenge himself, as rising 9th grader he will be playing Varsity. He is learning the virtues of hard work and sportsmanship. Qualities in young man that will carry him further than your son's ill-gotten $8,000 D1 Lacrosse scholarship. Quite frankly, I have pity for you and your son. Sadly you and he, and the rest of your ilk are a disgrace to this sport. Clearly, you lack any level of self respect.
To the parents of the the kids in MD who play on age, it's time for you folks to call these people out on a regular basis. Have your kids be-little and shame these holdback kids. Face it, they are hurting your kids the most. Stand up and tell your clubs you won't play in any non-age based events. The sooner we can move to age based for everything the sooner we can get rid of these people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are uninformed. USA Hockey governs all youth hockey games, leagues and tournaments. There is one age category - the year you were born in. January 1, luckiest kid; December 31, unlucky. There is no ambiguity with USA hockey. Once you get to Junior Hockey this changes and you can have different age kids, but until then, up through U18 [lacrosse] hockey, you have to play within your birth year or you can play up. There is no reason why lacrosse shouldn't institute something like this at the younger age groups. Once you get to 9th grade and everyone is in high school it doesn't make such a difference, but before then it definitely does - an A-/B+ player in his correct age group (not grade) becomes an absolute stud once they are heldback/reclassed. Teams on Long Island follow US Lacrosse Rules and use either an 8/1 or 8/31 cut off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a MD parent that has a kid that plays on one these elite teams and I think it is ridiculous! Of course the college coaches don't care. They would love to have 20 years olds coming to them if they could. I have never been involved in a sport where so many crazy parents think their kid is a division 1 athlete. So concerned about the dream of having a 25% scholarship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would anyone on a NPYLL site care about what is done on Long Island. Why would anyone on Long Island care about what Maryland teams do in the spring league. What is done is done, neither side is going to change each other's mind, so for the love of god can we drop the meaningless debate about who is right and who is wrong. This is not hockey, this is not soccer, this is not AAU basketball, why can't this site and all of these sites be used to talk about all of the good things that this great game offers. There are different regional rules and everyone is adhering to them, so move on. Why can't this site be used to talk about a great play or players or teams you saw over the previous weekend, instead of so much rage? Why can't we just celebrate the game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LONG ISLAND DADS ARE THE TOUGHEST GUYS ON THE INTERNET!
Just to let everyone Know Madlax U13 National team. With all the kids on this team being of U13 age won the World Chamipionship yesterday. This team had 5 kids from other states but the rest was the spring NPYLL players.

Hey, idiotic Madlax dad. Beating up on terrible teams from Colorado and the Midwest is not a "world championship".

It's called a festival for a reason. Look at this lineup:

http://www.worldlacrosse2014.com/festivals/participating_teams#u13

Better yet, read this link: http://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nobody cares huh????go back to your hole DBag..you are a cheater plain and simple...and you are teaching your kid to be a cheater.i hope i never meet you at a tourney...

I will know who you are...you are they guy in the pizza sauced stained wife beater, holding a solo cup of Budweiser yelling at the refs, coaches and other players on your son's team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a MD parent of an age appropriate son, it's not that big of a deal...fair, probably not but you learn to live under the rules provided. Sure he's a bit smaller, but hard work and dedication can overcome that. No reason to get crazy, there are plenty of spots in college for hard working boys and girls that make sacrifices and dedicate themselves. This argument is old and tired

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would anyone on a NPYLL site care about what is done on Long Island. Why would anyone on Long Island care about what Maryland teams do in the spring league. What is done is done, neither side is going to change each other's mind, so for the love of god can we drop the meaningless debate about who is right and who is wrong. This is not hockey, this is not soccer, this is not AAU basketball, why can't this site and all of these sites be used to talk about all of the good things that this great game offers. There are different regional rules and everyone is adhering to them, so move on. Why can't this site be used to talk about a great play or players or teams you saw over the previous weekend, instead of so much rage? Why can't we just celebrate the game?

I don't think people care about what you do in NPYLL spring games, but it's unsportsman-like to have older kids play against younger kids in tournaments that your teams host. I guess LI teams could stay home, but lacrosse is a great game/community and it's great to play against out of state competition. But traveling long hours, paying big bucks, and being away all weekend during the summer loses it's luster when the MD teams roll out kids that are materially bigger purely do to the fact that they are older. Lacrosse is not governed by any one group, so there are loopholes. I think the more publicity that this issue gets the better. There are white trash families everywhere lacrosse is played - Long Island, MD, New Jersey, Upstate NY, etc., that's not going to change. And it's a competitive, physical sport so parents are going to get crazy at times. That being said, one issue everyone should agree on is that until kids hit puberty (set 9th grade as the demarcation point), they should play with kids their own age. And that can be easily fixed by US Lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think people care about what you do in NPYLL spring games, but it's unsportsman-like to have older kids play against younger kids in tournaments that your teams host. I guess LI teams could stay home, but lacrosse is a great game/community and it's great to play against out of state competition. But traveling long hours, paying big bucks, and being away all weekend during the summer loses it's luster when the MD teams roll out kids that are materially bigger purely do to the fact that they are older. Lacrosse is not governed by any one group, so there are loopholes. I think the more publicity that this issue gets the better. There are white trash families everywhere lacrosse is played - Long Island, MD, New Jersey, Upstate NY, etc., that's not going to change. And it's a competitive, physical sport so parents are going to get crazy at times. That being said, one issue everyone should agree on is that until kids hit puberty (set 9th grade as the demarcation point), they should play with kids their own age. And that can be easily fixed by US Lacrosse.

Thank you for totally missing the point of my original post, I find it funny you go into a forum labeled NPYLL SPRING League and say who cares about what happens in a NPYLL Spring League, there aren't any teams from L.I. in NPYLL as of yet, so why do summer tournament debates enter into this particular forum. just tired of the same old drivel. If you are that concerned, write a letter, start a petition, make a change. I don't think anyone from USL is trolling forums looking for answers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for totally missing the point of my original post, I find it funny you go into a forum labeled NPYLL SPRING League and say who cares about what happens in a NPYLL Spring League, there aren't any teams from L.I. in NPYLL as of yet, so why do summer tournament debates enter into this particular forum. just tired of the same old drivel. If you are that concerned, write a letter, start a petition, make a change. I don't think anyone from USL is trolling forums looking for answers.

Exactly
Why can't the LI dads stay in their own forums and complain about our teams, along with everything else they complain about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a BOTC thread. I think the LI's poster makes totally valid points. If NYPLL - the premiere youth lacrosse league - moves away from age groups and to grades (like HoCo), it is essentially capitulating to holdbacks. Private schools are going to have holdbacks for 8t and 9th grade no matter what any of us think. But, as parents, we all have an interest in our kids playing kids of similar ages and sizes, in order to minimize concussion risk, if nothing else. And, as the poster says, it's ages 13-14-15 when some kids hit puberty much earlier than others, which worsens this issue.

So, hopefully folks are lobbying U.S. Lacrosse, which is aware of the issue and very concerned about the concussion risk. But, this is an internet forum and nothing wrong with posing that it would be regrettable for NPYLL to abandon age rules (to just get Crabs back in some age groups???). Be nice to see NPYLL go to U10, U11, U12, U13 and U14 and show some positive (at least from my point of view) leadership in this area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a BOTC thread. I think the LI's poster makes totally valid points. If NYPLL - the premiere youth lacrosse league - moves away from age groups and to grades (like HoCo), it is essentially capitulating to holdbacks. Private schools are going to have holdbacks for 8t and 9th grade no matter what any of us think. But, as parents, we all have an interest in our kids playing kids of similar ages and sizes, in order to minimize concussion risk, if nothing else. And, as the poster says, it's ages 13-14-15 when some kids hit puberty much earlier than others, which worsens this issue.

So, hopefully folks are lobbying U.S. Lacrosse, which is aware of the issue and very concerned about the concussion risk. But, this is an internet forum and nothing wrong with posing that it would be regrettable for NPYLL to abandon age rules (to just get Crabs back in some age groups???). Be nice to see NPYLL go to U10, U11, U12, U13 and U14 and show some positive (at least from my point of view) leadership in this area.

NPYLL has already decided to go grade based - it is posted on the Bethesda and Next Level websites.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and thank you for totally missing the point as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and thank you for totally missing the point as well

Your original post introduces lots of concepts there chief. Seems like most of the NPYLL rules carry over to your tournaments and the way the clubs form teams so while my post addressed a broader issue, the root cause of the problem may be how your NPYLL is structured. But you're right, this string is about NPYLL, so i'll go over to the "Baltimore games the system by having older kids play against younger kids" string.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems like most of the teams have their try-out dates set and are working to the grade based system. No mention of the Under Armour league on any of the club websites yet.

Team Try out dates
API Select Aug. 24, Sept. 7
Bethesda Aug. 24, TBD
Breakers Aug. 17, 24, Sept 7
Cannons Aug. 10, 24
Club Blue Aug. 24, 25-27
Crabs Aug. 17, 18, 24, Sept. 7, 9, 14
Diamondbacks Aug. 3, 10, 24
FCA Aug. 17, 24, Sept 7
Hawks Aug. 9, 10, 17
Lax Factory Aug. 24, Sept. 7
Lax World Aug. 31, Sept. 7
Lionheart Aug. 24
Looneys Aug. 24
MadLax Sept. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Next Level Aug. 21, 23, 24
Rock Aug. 10, 17, 24
Roughriders Sept. 7, 14
Zingos Aug. 16, 17, 23, 24

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Just to let everyone Know Madlax U13 National team. With all the kids on this team being of U13 age won the World Chamipionship yesterday. This team had 5 kids from other states but the rest was the spring NPYLL players. [/WORLD Championship?, what a joke. Who did they beat, East Cupcake and Chocktaw nation...please.
quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's one thing to complain (like a baby) about a few kids who may reclassify. Unless I'm mistaken, every tournament has rules as to the eligibility for various divisions. Those that are age based among youth divisions have clear rules about birthdays. So unless someone has a specific case of a particular club breaking those rules, there is no issue.

If a team has kids that meet the age criteria (regardless of their grade), then no rule is being broken.

You LI guys are clowns. Why not complain that HS teams are ILLEGAL because there are kids of varying ages/grades?

LOL @ LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your as stupid as you are arrogant and you have totally missed the point. No one cares when the kids play in the appropriate age group.

The issue is when you take a team to a 2017,18,19 tournament and your kids graduating in those years have been left back. They are older and have been left back (not re-classed, they are left back) so daddy can get his boy to some D-1 program...

You can call it gaming the system and re-classing if it makes you feel better, but a classless, cowardly act nonetheless. Unless you are just doing it because your boys can't read by 8th grade?

For the rest of the parents in MD and Philly that refuse to be cowards and vote by putting your kids in their age appropriate grade levels (which I am sure is the super-majority)- thank you. It is unfortunate that a few wanna be families spoil the reputation of the community --I have had the privilege to meet many articulate and well mannered parents with age appropriate kids on crabs and madlax and dukes over the years when we gathered at various tournaments (LI Express).

So, just like most of you are not cheating, most of us are not drinking from red cups nor are we short fat Italian guys...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your as stupid as you are arrogant

It is seemingly a rule in Long Island that "your" and "you're" are the same word. Are you guys really that stupid?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is seemingly a rule in Long Island that "your" and "you're" are the same word. Are you guys really that stupid?

Let me guess, YOU'RE either from Dundalk or Bowie?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am well aware that the tournament that Madlax won was a joke, But if I renamed it you would not know what tournament I was talking about. Correct ? I think the best part of this tournament is we on the east coast can rest easy for a couple more years that we are still playing better Lacrosse here on the East coast. I also wanted to point out that Madlax had a U13 only team play this last weekend and then put together a 2019 team the other weekend at Young Guns they came in 2nd. So the people crying about the reclass problem, there clubs just needs to move the kids around from team to team to even them out for the tournament they are about to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am well aware that the tournament that Madlax won was a joke, But if I renamed it you would not know what tournament I was talking about. Correct ? I think the best part of this tournament is we on the east coast can rest easy for a couple more years that we are still playing better Lacrosse here on the East coast. I also wanted to point out that Madlax had a U13 only team play this last weekend and then put together a 2019 team the other weekend at Young Guns they came in 2nd. So the people crying about the reclass problem, there clubs just needs to move the kids around from team to team to even them out for the tournament they are about to play.

You could have just said that Madlax won the youth festival held in conjunction with the FIL World Championship. You know - the youth festival that nobody cares about.

World Championship. LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Always the same with the weak, insecure people, losing an argument and say the other guy can't spell...Yes, all people on LI can't spell, but most work in NYC and double your income...No go home and get your shine box.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eat what you kill, unless daddy left you some $. Good luck to you and "your" left back child. Can tell you one thing for sure, hope your kids aren't headed to wall street, the firms now understand your game and will be passing on internships for left back kids no matter where they went to school.

good luck working at under armour...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With out the hold backs crabs are average at best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Until next year - 2019 just completed 7th grade - many of the 2019s you refer to will become 2020s after completing their 1st year of 8th grade when they reclassify in September of 2015. It is the U-14/U-15 age that is the problem - 2nd tie around 8th graders at maryland prep schools

Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard