BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,576
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
Re: National Premier Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will never work because some teams will not abide by the U-13 rules. That's the reason why crabs and FCA will not join. Just look at the tournaments they enter.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I saw most, not all, of the NPYLL U13AA Red and MYLA Club 2019AA teams play this Spring. The top teams from both leagues are very comparable. For the benefit of youth lacrosse in Maryland, the two leagues should find a way to combine or at least have inter- league play. Five to eight AA teams and five to eight A teams in each age group would result in much better competition for everyone. With the leagues as they are, half of the games are competitive and half of them are very one sided.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction...FCA U13 loses to Crabs by 1, U15 FCA
wins over Crabs 9-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA U13 beats Crabs 7-2 at Beach Lax. Funny, I recall
earlier posts how no MYLA team could compete.

Wrong, Crabs U13 get the win. Let the excuses begin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What excuses?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks beat Team 91
FCA beat Crabs

FCA vs Hawks for the SHIP

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about them apples??

This game was a Heck of a game. The Crabs goalie stood on his head at the end of the game. There was tons of talent on the field. I would have to say that these two teams are in the top 5 U13 teams in the U.S.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since the FCA U15 Blue team beat the Crabs at Beach Lax yesterday 8 - 3 and won the Beach Lax Tournament with a 5 - 4 overtime win against the Hawks today, can they be crowned as the NPYLL Champs also!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are the NPYLL vs Hoco games in the Beach Lax Grade Based divisions (all other divisions don't appear to be very well regulated by age or grade level for accurate comparison).

2018 - (FCA-Hoco beat 3 NPYLL teams)
Crabs 2018 3 FCA Blue 2018 8
Arden Diamondback 1 FCA Blue 2018 11
Zingos 5 FCA Blue 2018 9

2019 - (Crabs-NPYLL beat FCS-Hoco)
Crabs 2019 7 FCA 2019 6

2020 - (4 games - all NPYLL wins - 3 NPYLL teams beat 3 Hoco teams)
Breakers 2020 6 FCA Blue 2020 4
Looney's 2020 Orange 4 Annapolis Hawks 2020 5
Crabs 2020 9 FCA Blue 2020 3
MD Roughriders 2020 4 Annapolis Hawks 2020 6

2021 - no NPYLL vs Hoco games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are the NPYLL vs Hoco games in the Beach Lax Grade Based divisions (all other divisions don't appear to be very well regulated by age or grade level for accurate comparison).

Zingos 5 FCA Blue 2018 9

Crabs 2019 7 FCA 2019 6

2018 FCA Blue beat the Hawks as well. 2019 Low & Away from HoCo league beat Crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Zingos 5 FCA Blue 2018 9

Crabs 2019 7 FCA 2019 6

2018 FCA Blue beat the Hawks as well. 2019 Low & Away from HoCo league beat Crabs.

If Bucks Select in the 2019 bracket could have held any late leads, they may have won the whole thing. Lost to Crabs by one, tied Team 91 and lost to FCA by 2. Had late leads in all 3 games. They are much better than their record shows.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the whole FCA and NPYLL thing came up because everyone thought FCA should be in the NPYLL not HOCO. They are a good team and should be in NPYLL with the other good teams. So if there is HOCO talk, Talk about the other teams in HOCO if they are winning anything or beating anyone. FCA is good we know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the whole FCA and NPYLL thing came up because everyone thought FCA should be in the NPYLL not HOCO. They are a good team and should be in NPYLL with the other good teams. So if there is HOCO talk, Talk about the other teams in HOCO if they are winning anything or beating anyone. FCA is good we know.

I have had kids playing in the state of MD clubs for over 15 years now, and my oldest son is now a coach at a local club team. Full disclosure, we are NOT an FCA family but I have seen more in the recent years than I think is good for the sport that certain club teams are held out of the NPYLL league because the owner of the Crabs hates them and resents starting to lose to them. Bottom line is top to bottom, from high school teams down to U-11 FCA is clearly one of the elite mid Atlantic clubs and is one of the few clubs that has consistently been on a positive trajectory for the last 5 years. A lot of other programs rise and fall by the age group or as a program, but FCA has been consistent. All this trash talk about HOCO teams being glorified rec teams is pretty far off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs FCA relationship took a big step forward at Beach Lax. The players will continue to exert pressure on the coaches until the two clubs are playing on a regular basis. It stands to reason. The kids all know each other, go to school together and the practices are less than 5 miles apart. Both clubs will benefit if they play regularly. There is room in Baltimore for several good clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs FCA relationship took a big step forward at Beach Lax. The players will continue to exert pressure on the coaches until the two clubs are playing on a regular basis. It stands to reason. The kids all know each other, go to school together and the practices are less than 5 miles apart. Both clubs will benefit if they play regularly. There is room in Baltimore for several good clubs.

Sounds great. Now all you need is for the Crabs owner to be less of a self dealing jerk. Hope it happens. The families and kids deserve better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have had kids playing in the state of MD clubs for over 15 years now, and my oldest son is now a coach at a local club team. Full disclosure, we are NOT an FCA family but I have seen more in the recent years than I think is good for the sport that certain club teams are held out of the NPYLL league because the owner of the Crabs hates them and resents starting to lose to them. Bottom line is top to bottom, from high school teams down to U-11 FCA is clearly one of the elite mid Atlantic clubs and is one of the few clubs that has consistently been on a positive trajectory for the last 5 years. A lot of other programs rise and fall by the age group or as a program, but FCA has been consistent. All this trash talk about HOCO teams being glorified rec teams is pretty far off.

Look at the caliber of coaching you get at FCA, combine that with off-season retreats, dinners, team parties and a group of families that truly respects eachother and genuinely roots for eachother's children. And you get all this for a fraction of the cost of the Crab program (full disclosure, at FCA you dont get helmets and gloves)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the FCA run by a church? How religious are their activities? I see they can play on Sun., so they aren't are zealous as Chick Fil A. I imagine they would be cheaper if a church was using them as a recruiting method.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At Crabs you don't get helmets and gloves either. You buy them at full retail on top of the fees that are more than double FCA's per season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
facts about fca:

-it was started 2 years ago. They had national teams prior but the club that you see now in local tourneys started two years ago.

-they started by taking coaches and players from other local clubs. Greene Turtle was one of these that was hit the hardest. Many FCA coaches coached at GT and depleted them when they started FCA

-Yes, it is religious.

-It is a good club but not for everyone. Many other good options that are just as good or better lax wise exist

-Crabs is a better organization for lacrosse top to bottom. Some FCA teams are weak

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs are the well established premier program in the state that draws kids from a wide swath. FCA in just it's second year has made significant strides and is rapidly closing the gap. Parents are realizing there is a great alternative that is also teaching life lessons, less pressure, cheaper and by the way - is very good too! Last weekend at Beach Lax at the prominant youth levels of U15AA, FCA convincingly beat the Crabs and at U13AA lost by 1 to the Crabs. The crabs have been around a long time, FCA is just getting started!
facts about fca:

-it was started 2 years ago. They had national teams prior but the club that you see now in local tourneys started two years ago.

-they started by taking coaches and players from other local clubs. Greene Turtle was one of these that was hit the hardest. Many FCA coaches coached at GT and depleted them when they started FCA

-Yes, it is religious.

-It is a good club but not for everyone. Many other good options that are just as good or better lax wise exist

-Crabs is a better organization for lacrosse top to bottom. Some FCA teams are weak

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the FCA run by a church? How religious are their activities? I see they can play on Sun., so they aren't are zealous as Chick Fil A. I imagine they would be cheaper if a church was using them as a recruiting method.

No Ryan, They are not run by a church. They're a bunch of great kids who only want to play their many friends on Crabs, who are also great kids. Let them play against each other more often so they'll all be better prepared to beat out of state teams when they play in the MIAA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is a nationwide organization based in Kansas City Mo, their headquarters is right across the highway from Royals Stadium. They sponsor teams and run camps throughout the country. While they are religious based, I don't think anyone is forced to drink the kool-aid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Is the FCA run by a church? How religious are their activities? I see they can play on Sun., so they aren't are zealous as Chick Fil A. I imagine they would be cheaper if a church was using them as a recruiting method.

Have a fifth cheeseburger for breakfast and move down the list to hate someone else today Ryan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Is the FCA run by a church? How religious are their activities? I see they can play on Sun., so they aren't are zealous as Chick Fil A. I imagine they would be cheaper if a church was using them as a recruiting method.

Have a fifth cheeseburger for breakfast and move down the list to hate someone else today Ryan.

Said the dad who's kid has been run over by the Crabs for 5 years. Kumbaya, pass the hat...the huddle leader needs to hit happy hour.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Is the FCA run by a church? How religious are their activities? I see they can play on Sun., so they aren't are zealous as Chick Fil A. I imagine they would be cheaper if a church was using them as a recruiting method.

Said the dad who's kid has been run over by the Crabs for 5 years. Kumbaya, pass the hat...the huddle leader needs to hit happy hour.

Whatever floats your boat Ryan. We are happy over here at FCA. And they are kids, remember? Or did that never occur to you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Said the Crabs Dad who sits with other fathers in the parking lot of tournaments doing shots....classy group led by a tomatoe faced oompa-loompa who loves to take your $$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Said the dad who's kid has been run over by the Crabs for 5 years. Kumbaya, pass the hat...the huddle leader needs to hit happy hour. [/quote]

Said the Crabs Dad who sits with other fathers in the parking lot of tournaments doing shots....classy group led by a tomatoe faced oompa-loompa who loves to take your $$$ [/quote]

Our 2015 son committed to a top 10 D1 school. Before he was being recruited we left the Crabs for another team not FCA, and I kept that last email from Ryan threatening to end my son's lacrosse career and some other pretty profane things directed at a kid. I don't understand why the Crabs way is to always bash everything else in sight. It will eventually cost Crabs good players and $$ paying families and NCAA coaches on the sidelines at the Crabs events. When you spend so many years and so much effort being mean onto others it costs you patrons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The crying by FCA parents is laughable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't look like any of them were crying after they beat you at Beach Lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Said the Crabs Dad who sits with other fathers in the parking lot of tournaments doing shots....classy group led by a tomatoe faced oompa-loompa who loves to take your $$$ [/quote]

Our 2015 son committed to a top 10 D1 school. Before he was being recruited we left the Crabs for another team not FCA, and I kept that last email from Ryan threatening to end my son's lacrosse career and some other pretty profane things directed at a kid. I don't understand why the Crabs way is to always bash everything else in sight. It will eventually cost Crabs good players and $$ paying families and NCAA coaches on the sidelines at the Crabs events. When you spend so many years and so much effort being mean onto others it costs you patrons. [/quote]

Was the email as bad as the one that came from Madlax to the kid going to VLC last year? It would be tough to top that one. It didn't appear to hurt Madlax though-they a chugging right along as though it never happened.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[/quote] Said the Crabs Dad who sits with other fathers in the parking lot of tournaments doing shots....classy group led by a tomatoe faced oompa-loompa who loves to take your $$$ [/quote]

Now that's just funny . . .

[/quote] Was the email as bad as the one that came from Madlax to the kid going to VLC last year? It would be tough to top that one. It didn't appear to hurt Madlax though-they a chugging right along as though it never happened. [/quote]

I read that kid recently committed to a top 10 DI school too. Glad the Madlax guy didn't ruin him either .. .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was the email as bad as the one that came from Madlax to the kid going to VLC last year? It would be tough to top that one. It didn't appear to hurt Madlax though-they a chugging right along as though it never happened. [/quote]

Telling a kid you will kill his lacrosse future or other negatives at a kid is classless. Sounds like both club owners are scumbags.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wasn't at Beach Lax, genius.

LOL at dads boasting about which youth program is better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was the email as bad as the one that came from Madlax to the kid going to VLC last year? It would be tough to top that one. It didn't appear to hurt Madlax though-they a chugging right along as though it never happened.

Plenty of scared parents continue to give money to him at the youth level? For HS? He continues to see his top starters leave for other programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The crying by FCA parents is laughable.

I wasn't at Beach Lax, genius.

LOL at dads boasting about which youth program is better. [/

Stupid, if you haven't seen them play how can you make the comment you did about the parents? And who is boasting about which team is better? All I'm reading is a discussion of both sides wanting to play each other more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ryan and his Crabs parents are right. Putting together a lacrosse team with kids and families that have Christian values is a gateway to nefarious social ills and lawlessness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plenty of scared parents continue to give money to him at the youth level? For HS? He continues to see his top starters leave for other programs. [/quote]

Crabs 2018s = mediocre. Crabs 2017s = mediocre. Losing to MadLax, VLC, Dukes, Eclipse, and mercy ruled by the LI Turtles 10-2. Crabs 2015, 2016 decent but not winning big tournaments anymore. Last great Crabs HS team is done, 2014s. No more Stanwicks and the now the club owner needs to deal with the fact that Crabs are no longer the best youth level program in Baltimore city limits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs 2018s = mediocre. Crabs 2017s = mediocre. Losing to MadLax, VLC, Dukes, Eclipse, and mercy ruled by the LI Turtles 10-2. Crabs 2015, 2016 decent but not winning big tournaments anymore. Last great Crabs HS team is done, 2014s. No more Stanwicks and the now the club owner needs to deal with the fact that Crabs are no longer the best youth level program in Baltimore city limits.

Instead of signaling the decline of the Crabs, couldn't this just be an indicator of an increase in the overall quality of clubs in the area as a result of many more talented kids picking up the game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do all these teams hold kids back a year or is that specific to crabs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do all these teams hold kids back a year or is that specific to crabs?

Nearly every Crabs player is, but is also common in MD elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard a story that Mark Millon had to be tossed from his U11 Breakers game when playing Brendan Mundorf's Bitmore U11 team at Summer Exposure. Anyone know the details?

Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard