BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,564
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
Re: National Premier Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't the Crabs ever enter any teams in the American League (A). Can we assume that the current Crabs U11 team will continue playing HOCO? I understand that they are playing in this league currently do to few kids not making the grade/age base cut for the NYPLL standards, which means hold backs on those few or they miss the age bracket by days, weeks or months. Not trying to start the whole age thing on here but why would you maintain a team with a few older kids who held back in grades or are just a little older than the requirements, instead just bump them up to the next level so you could maintain the standards set forth by the NYPLL and to have all your teams in the most competitive league. Its not all about winning but more about growing the sport in a competitive way. Let face it they will all see each other in high school no matter the age, its about competitiveness and good for the sport at a higher level. I could actually careless about the age difference and would rather see competitiveness grow across the boards instead of three programs always ruling at one level and crushing the other teams. There are teams in HOCO that should be in the NYPLL and then there are teams in the NYPLL that should be in the HOCO league.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would like to think the crabs will be putting there U11 team in the NPYLL next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Every top teams in npyll will beat the top teams from hoco and myla."

This is comical. Not accurate. In fact some have already played and beaten the so called top teams. NPYLL is a good league. Not arguing that but don't make a stupid statement like the one above. There are teams in the hoco league that have beaten NPYLL teams and many of them won last year in summer and fall tourneys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If anyone on here knows, where will the strongest hawks and crabs be to HS next year? Just curious where those pipelines feed. My son plays madlax u15 , and his teammates are scattering mostly to private schools (Landon, gonzaga, PVI, sssas, EHS, etc) with just a few in the publics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U15AA: Hawks won 9 - 7. Very competitive game! 0 - 0 end of 1st quarter, 2 -2 at the half. FCA up 4 - 7 early in the 4th quarter, but gave up the next five goals.
I think the Hawks played FCA earlier in the year? How did that end up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw most, not all, of the NPYLL U13AA Red and MYLA Club 2019AA teams play this Spring. The top teams from both leagues are very comparable. For the benefit of youth lacrosse in Maryland, the two leagues should find a way to combine or at least have inter- league play. Five to eight AA teams and five to eight A teams in each age group would result in much better competition for everyone. With the leagues as they are, half of the games are competitive and half of them are very one sided.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many Hawks go to St. Mary's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Spaulding

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Spaulding

I want a hamburger. No, cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake. I want potato chips.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is interesting. So what are you saying? crabs u11 and most other teams playing in this league do so because they have kids that really do not qualify for their particular age? AS an outsider to Mid-Atlantic lacrosse, would it be safe to assume if my son's team plays one of the programs outside of the NPYLL, they will most likely have older kids. I do agree with you on your point as to why a team wouldn't play in the NPYLL. Would love to have such an organized league in my area...

Why don't the Crabs ever enter any teams in the American League (A). Can we assume that the current Crabs U11 team will continue playing HOCO? I understand that they are playing in this league currently do to few kids not making the grade/age base cut for the NYPLL standards, which means hold backs on those few or they miss the age bracket by days, weeks or months. Not trying to start the whole age thing on here but why would you maintain a team with a few older kids who held back in grades or are just a little older than the requirements, instead just bump them up to the next level so you could maintain the standards set forth by the NYPLL and to have all your teams in the most competitive league. Its not all about winning but more about growing the sport in a competitive way. Let face it they will all see each other in high school no matter the age, its about competitiveness and good for the sport at a higher level. I could actually careless about the age difference and would rather see competitiveness grow across the boards instead of three programs always ruling at one level and crushing the other teams. There are teams in HOCO that should be in the NYPLL and then there are teams in the NYPLL that should be in the HOCO league.

I would like to think the crabs will be putting there U11 team in the NPYLL next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MYLA club league was created to coexist with the MYLA Rec league. u11, u13 play on Sundays so that the players can play in their rec games. U15 club games played on Sat because u15 rec games are Sundays. The MYLA club league is organized by grade but not all clubs are. My son is on a "2019" team but all kids are in eligible for u13 events. So I'm sure some teams have hold back kids but not all. Last year teams were restricted to practicing only on Fridays - so that the club league didn't displace rec. They lifted that restriction this year which opened the door for clubs like Crabs whose players don't play rec and practice together 2 or 3 time per week. Also some looneys and fca teams went full time and dropped rec. But most teams are traditional summer clubs with kids who also play for their rec teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the U15's playing on Saturdays in the HOCO/MYLA, several clubs like Arden and BLC (Bethesda Lacrosse Club) also played in the NPYLL on Sundays. It will be interesting to see if more clubs do this in the future at the U15 level since the club kids at U15 are less prone to play rec lacrosse.
The MYLA club league was created to coexist with the MYLA Rec league. u11, u13 play on Sundays so that the players can play in their rec games. U15 club games played on Sat because u15 rec games are Sundays. The MYLA club league is organized by grade but not all clubs are. My son is on a "2019" team but all kids are in eligible for u13 events. So I'm sure some teams have hold back kids but not all. Last year teams were restricted to practicing only on Fridays - so that the club league didn't displace rec. They lifted that restriction this year which opened the door for clubs like Crabs whose players don't play rec and practice together 2 or 3 time per week. Also some looneys and fca teams went full time and dropped rec. But most teams are traditional summer clubs with kids who also play for their rec teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am all for Rec lacrosse and everything it brings to the sport. But I would almost prefer that the clubs go full time at U13. The level of coaching at Rec and the Daddy ball issues at rec are
out of control.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets all just be thankful there are two good club leagues in the area. Many states don't have these local options and are forced to travel. Also, the summer tournaments should settle some of these disputes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with there being two good leagues. I think the next good step will be to get these B level club teams in VA to get better and bigger and join the HOCO and NPYLL leagues. Va has the numbers but not the talent in the game. We have to play with the big boys to get the talent level up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets all just be thankful there are two good club leagues in the area. Many states don't have these local options and are forced to travel. Also, the summer tournaments should settle some of these disputes.

How does a LI team (not an express team) get into these leagues. Do they allow a guest team every so often. I know Express's Oyster Bay league had various out of state teams pop in to play.

Where are the top U13 teams playing. Anyone coming to Laxfest or any other Li tournaments. fl$ is always a good one. There is also a new one this year Bash at the Beach.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Top U 13 teams playing in Young Guns. Best challenge tourney in the US. LI teams will be represented. Iron sharpens Iron...(Harbaugh)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why cant NPYll release playoff brackets and times?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The teams schedule their own games. The end of the rec season, travel soccer tryouts, Memorial Day and Lax Splash all have to be worked around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May 31 and June 1

Semifinal and finals weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It should be a crazy weekend. And it will just roll right into the summer season. Crazy time of the year for us Lacrosse nuts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U15AA / 2018's - Crabs, Hawks, Arden and FCA Blue all play each other in the first round of Beach Lax in Ocean City on 6/07 & 6/08. Looks like Team 91 from Long Island will have an easier go of it in their division.
It should be a crazy weekend. And it will just roll right into the summer season. Crazy time of the year for us Lacrosse nuts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beach schedule out....Crabs, FCA, 91 in the same bracket

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Divisions realigned with Hawks and Zingos switching.

Crabs and FCA Blue - same bracket and first game out the gate.

Hawks and Team 91 - same bracket and first game out the gate.

I hope the fields are next to each other since they play at the same time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U11A(2022)

(1) Bethesda vs winner (5/31) of
(3) Next Level Green at (2) Hawks (5/28)

(1) Diamondbacks vs winner (5/31) of
(3) Breakers at (2) Club Blue (5/28)

championship on 6/1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 AA Hawks, consider moving to the U19AA Blue Division at Beach Lax. Your team would round out that side of the bracket nicely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL I see that someone wants to bring back up the age thing. I will see how big this Hawks team is when they play Madlax U13 in two weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your comment is directed at my 10:56am post, I was not implying anything about the Hawks 2019AA age or size. I have seen them play a few times this season and they are very good. I have seen the Madlax U13AA team play this year and they are very good as well. It would be great if both teams were playing in the 2019AA Division at Beach Lax. What tournaments is that U13 Madlax team playing in this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An American office mate took me into a twenty pound bet that he could show me a website where American blokes spend their days blogging about little kid sports. Get a hobby you nanny boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks because soccer is so boring no one wants to talk about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An American office mate took me into a twenty pound bet that he could show me a website where American blokes spend their days blogging about little kid sports. Get a hobby you nanny boys.

Those of you without kids can go to the forums where you can discuss the teams you personally play for or to the forums where you talk about your cats. Those of us with kids will continue to discus their teams here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA will be part of the conversation at Beach Lax, unless they get their wish and drop down to 13/14A Division. That should sum it up. They don't belong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I missing something here? Why would they go down to the 13/14A division. It's a U-13 bracket. NO ONE should be 14 in this bracket, correct? Or is that how the Mid Atlantic interpret u-13? Please answer this for me.

FCA will be part of the conversation at Beach Lax, unless they get their wish and drop down to 13/14A Division. That should sum it up. They don't belong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hunh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
13/14 is the same thing as u15. I think the original poster maybe be referring to 2018AA vs 13/14 A. FCA has their top u15 team in 2018AA and other one in 13/14 A.

Am I missing something here? Why would they go down to the 13/14A division. It's a U-13 bracket. NO ONE should be 14 in this bracket, correct? Or is that how the Mid Atlantic interpret u-13? Please answer this for me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Been a few years since I was last at Beach Lax with my son (we did a run of 5 years in a row). But I remember it as a spring closing tournament of mostly rec teams - before the club summer season started. After reading this post, I checked out this years teams and it now seems to be mostly club teams. Not sure what this means (if anything), but it sure has a 'bygone' feeling to it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beach Lax is a joke of a tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

uneducated, imbecile who shoots his mouth off without thinking (though a lack of education makes thinking difficult)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beach Lax is a joke of a tournament.

Granted that the fields, equipment (no flip-a-scores), and special rules (especially when weather and field conditions come into play) are less than ideal, but the level of competition is very high.

As long as the competitors are among the best, you can't say it is a joke.

There are much better venues, but not near the beach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thinking pretty clearly, I know there are two F.C.A. teams in the 2018 Class at Beach Lax. One in the A Division Pool, one in the Grade Based Pool. The team in the grade based pool is trying to move down to the A Division, this is certainly their prerogative. I don't understand why they would attempt to duck the best if they claim to be the best, they is the point I was trying to make.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, they're not.

Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard