BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,898
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Boys 2026-10th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good try pal. Crabs are number 1.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s ironic that the best club teams have the most holdbacks
Well that’s not fair that team is a “National Team “ well your team has 8 holdbacks , kids that should be playing a year sometimes 2 years up ..that’s fair Just so confused , this should be a simple conversation, soccer even got it right !
Let’s look ..top 5 2026 teams..no order so relax

Laxacusetts
Team 91
Express
Team 10
Sweetlax

There are a minimum of 5 kids on each some have 10 that are playing Down .you don’t think the D1 coaches know this ..embarrassing .

Coaches absolutely know it and prefer it. I can’t believe we’re still talking about holdbacks for 10th graders. And no my kid is not a holdback but he is on varsity playing against and with older kids.

Coaches would also like your kid on steroids. You going to give it to your kid? Be the adult. Holdbacks are terrible for sports. It’s a selfish decision and it is cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well that’s not fair that team is a “National Team “ well your team has 8 holdbacks , kids that should be playing a year sometimes 2 years up ..that’s fair Just so confused , this should be a simple conversation, soccer even got it right !

Laxacusetts
Team 91
Express
Team 10
Sweetlax

There are a minimum of 5 kids on each some have 10 that are playing Down .you don’t think the D1 coaches know this ..embarrassing .

Coaches absolutely know it and prefer it. I can’t believe we’re still talking about holdbacks for 10th graders. And no my kid is not a holdback but he is on varsity playing against and with older kids.

Coaches would also like your kid on steroids. You going to give it to your kid? Be the adult. Holdbacks are terrible for sports. It’s a selfish decision and it is cheating.

-It isn't cheating if it is allowed.
-The average hockey D1 freshman is over 20 years old.
-College coaches don't care and almost prefer an older, more developed player..
-For the record Express has 2 holdbacks and 91 3.
-Most of the holdbacks go to private/prep schools. They are competing with yours and my kids for college spots. It's reality.
-It makes your kid better and more prepared for varsity/college at this age/level.
-I assume your kid isn't on one of these top teams. If he was, you wouldn't care about reclasses because the coaches are there to watch them, hence also watching my son.
-They are now using age verification at lower ages, which is meant to make it safer for developing kids. As a 2026, if your kid is already playing varsity (which all public school kids on the teams above are) playing against a kid a year older isn't a thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are the top goalies in the class?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where the “steroid” coaches are, but you should absolutely report this to the authorities or you are a complete coward and a lousy parent! Your kids coach is pushing steroids and you’ve done nothing? Call the papers for God’s sake, what a rotten adult you are! Coward. Shame on you

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like tops at all the other positions, they are on these teams below. lol

Laxacusetts
Team 91
Express
Team 10
Sweetlax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Laxacusetts
Team 91
Express
Team 10
Sweetlax

Umm, coaches don’t care about a holdback. Don’t they andvise kids to go do another year ant a prep school? I think they do. Only people that care are ones that didn’t reclass or PG. Pg year is same thing in reality, PG fills the spot of a potential HS recruit. Is reclassify/PG cheating? Some say yes, some say no. To each his own. If somebody makes a decision to give their child the best opportunity, that’s their business. And it seems to work out opportunity wise. Again, no rule against it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In order next level, express north , hhh, west coast stars, 91 , crabs , prime time , dc express , Long Island express , hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How good could express north be. That team is ranked 35 and they lost a pile of games this fall. Give me a break. This ranking [Censored] is so rigged.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In order next level, express north , hhh, west coast stars, 91 , crabs , prime time , dc express , Long Island express , hawks

HHH goalie is actually 2027 playing 2026. and you left Team Ten's goalies off the list. The one was MVP at 1% last winter, old Tigers goalie. He lost out this winter to express north goalie.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would assume Goalies
Express Long Island
Team Ten
Laxachusetts
Sweetlax ny and fl

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your ranked in the 30’s I would pump the brakes dad.
Express North, CoachC, 91 Primetime and Lax Black all have the top goalies. Period stop. Rank them however. Those will be the first to go Sept 1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I forgot Team 10 and Sweetlax above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would assume , regardless of Social media hype, these coaches know who the best players are in every position regardless of rank, etc

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express North, CoachC, 91 Primetime and Lax Black all have the top goalies. Period stop. Rank them however. Those will be the first to go Sept 1.

You must be new to the recruiting scene. Goalies almost never go September 1st. 91 doesn’t have top goalies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What showcases are good that are not invite only? My kid is looking lower level D1 and down. Thanks

The Show.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be new to the recruiting scene. Goalies almost never go September 1st. 91 doesn’t have top goalies.

Actually the tip-top goalies do go early to the tip-top schools. Then there is a break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recr...25&position=G&hometown_state=ALL

Top 20 goalies went in Sept.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually the tip-top goalies do go early to the tip-top schools. Then there is a break.

That’s fine. The poster said September 1st. Of all the goalies ranked within the top 100 last year only one was from Long Island (Ippolito). Long Island isn’t a goalie hotbed anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like I said.......the poster said they will be gone by September 1st. That's a big difference from going later in September. Again, if you look at that list you posted there are only 1 or 2 from Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s fine. The poster said September 1st. Of all the goalies ranked within the top 100 last year only one was from Long Island (Ippolito). Long Island isn’t a goalie hotbed anymore.

Well in reality the actual number going on Sep 1 is actually fairly low. Whenever someone says Sep 1 lacrosse commits, I’ve always loosely interpreted that as the first few weeks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well in reality the actual number going on Sep 1 is actually fairly low. Whenever someone says Sep 1 lacrosse commits, I’ve always loosely interpreted that as the first few weeks

What’s the difference the top 50 are usually done before Thanksgiving and most of the other 4 stars outside the top 50 are done as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both starting goalies in the national championship game last season were from Long Island!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both starting goalies in the national championship game last season were from Long Island!

Dukes goalie is not from Long Island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dukes goalie is not from Long Island

He grew up on Long Island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone give me some honest feedback on the following showcases. Just wondering if anyone saw any real value in them or were complete money grabs

Player Series
CBL laxers winter and summer
Blatant summer exposure
Apex

If there are any others you found to be a money grab (or very good ) Please let me know. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone give me some honest feedback on the following showcases. Just wondering if anyone saw any real value in them or were complete money grabs

Player Series
Blatant summer exposure
Apex

If there are any others you found to be a money grab (or very good ) Please let me know. Thanks.

Players series was run very well. More like a camp than a recruitment event. Duke and UNC I believe run the event. The next two are kind of local events. Maybe useful if you want to go to a LI school. Apex is a money grab. A gazillion kids. Low level assistants coaching. Fake all star selection process. Huge social media presence which makes it seem more important than it actually is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Player Series
Blatant summer exposure
Apex

Players series was run very well. More like a camp than a recruitment event. Duke and UNC I believe run the event. The next two are kind of local events. Maybe useful if you want to go to a LI school. Apex is a money grab. A gazillion kids. Low level assistants coaching. Fake all star selection process. Huge social media presence which makes it seem more important than it actually is

CBL is actually more useful than this poster is suggesting and not just for Long Island schools. My older son didn't go to the schools that saw him there, but it did get him a lot of attention a couple of years ago.

Agreed on Apex and the social media thing is something to remind your kids about. Those videos on Instagram aren't what are gonna get you recruited. Don't fall for it.

Player Series is the best of this bunch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Arguing about team rankings is a waste of time folks. I know this age is new to actual recruiting but your team's ranking doesn't matter. Probably never did.

Don't let anyone tell you that college coaches only watch the top clubs either. That's just what your club directors will tell you with their hands out for the next check.

Focus on your kid getting better and being on the field as much as possible during every game. On the field for a B team gets you more looks than the bench of a AAAA team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Arguing about team rankings is a waste of time folks. I know this age is new to actual recruiting but your team's ranking doesn't matter. Probably never did.

Don't let anyone tell you that college coaches only watch the top clubs either. That's just what your club directors will tell you with their hands out for the next check.

Focus on your kid getting better and being on the field as much as possible during every game. On the field for a B team gets you more looks than the bench of a AAAA team.

Agree with most of this. No one cares about wins and losses in high school. And coaches will come see you regardless of what team you are on, IF you are on the list. The one thing I will say about rankings is there does seem to be a correlation between higher ranked teams and their college placement. Whether or not it’s the chicken or the egg, who knows, but they correlate nonetheless

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soooory to ruin the,,but 2026 class is weak to average.
That is not good because Inside lacrosse said 2025 was weak as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Player Series
Blatant summer exposure
Apex

CBL is actually more useful than this poster is suggesting and not just for Long Island schools. My older son didn't go to the schools that saw him there, but it did get him a lot of attention a couple of years ago.

Agreed on Apex and the social media thing is something to remind your kids about. Those videos on Instagram aren't what are gonna get you recruited. Don't fall for it.

Player Series is the best of this bunch.

Players Series, in my opinion, and based on experience, is a well run camp and there is no recruitment value. Would not recommend for recruiting, but fun time for the kids with the social posts and coaches that attend.

CBL, never went,

Blatant, never went

Apex, depends on the talent of the team your son gets placed on. Which is true for so many events.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard