Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can anyone give me some honest feedback on the following showcases. Just wondering if anyone saw any real value in them or were complete money grabs

Player Series
CBL laxers winter and summer
Blatant summer exposure
Apex

If there are any others you found to be a money grab (or very good ) Please let me know. Thanks.

Players series was run very well. More like a camp than a recruitment event. Duke and UNC I believe run the event. The next two are kind of local events. Maybe useful if you want to go to a LI school. Apex is a money grab. A gazillion kids. Low level assistants coaching. Fake all star selection process. Huge social media presence which makes it seem more important than it actually is

CBL is actually more useful than this poster is suggesting and not just for Long Island schools. My older son didn't go to the schools that saw him there, but it did get him a lot of attention a couple of years ago.

Agreed on Apex and the social media thing is something to remind your kids about. Those videos on Instagram aren't what are gonna get you recruited. Don't fall for it.

Player Series is the best of this bunch.

Players Series, in my opinion, and based on experience, is a well run camp and there is no recruitment value. Would not recommend for recruiting, but fun time for the kids with the social posts and coaches that attend.

CBL, never went,

Blatant, never went

Apex, depends on the talent of the team your son gets placed on. Which is true for so many events.