BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 74 of 81 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 80 81
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Things have calmed down here at EA. new staff and a new vision. organized and leveraging the newly engaged alumni base for $$$ support. Be on the lookout for some new helmets this year the best AD in the league with the most administrative support for our student-athletes. The team have been practicing all winter and ready to make a real run at the Inter AC title. We might not have the best stable of athletes but we recently hired one of the best D3 Coaches in the last 20 years and are finally ready to make some noise. Coach Kolffer has the ability to X and O his way through the gauntlet. Moved Zeke Kane back to O midfield where he belongs. he is gonna score 30+ goals this year. 6 DI defensemen and upgraded the D staff that are supported by a DI goalie. Have one of the best box coaches in SEPA hands down. In the high school we boast small class size and 87% of our teachers have advanced degrees. have to battle against Malvern and probably haveto split home and away. Hoping Malvern and Haveford also split, we sweep Haverford, and raise the elusive Inter Ac sweater. Ive been waiting for this season since I was an 8th grader the last time EA won it all. we have to play Radnor and might lose to them but that wont affect the interac record because they are a public school.

PRESEASON RANKINGS
1.) EA
1.a) Malvern
3.) Haverford
4.) SCHA
5.) Penn Charter
6.) GA

Love the confidence and hope you are right. It would be fun to see a commitment comparison between the three schools. I had no clue EA had 6 DI poles. I know Haverford has at least 3 DI poles. Best of luck!

EA has 3 poles D1 about 7 total to D1
haverford and malvern starting line ups are all D1 plus some.
SCH has 4 D1, PC 3 D1 and GA none
numbers could be off but not significantly.
This is for the 25/26 groups.

Let’s clarify here: 24/25 groups would be more accurate since 26’s can’t be recruited yet. GA has a 2025 who is going to a top D1 - he plays for HHH 2025. I don’t think the OP was being serious about EA giving MP or HS a run this year. There’s a lot of talent on MP and HS and they will vie for the #1 spot in the Inter-Ac again

Serious question here... Why is GA perennially so bad despite having BM as their HC? He should have no problem pulling more of those HHH kids in and attracting other high level talent.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both very good teams. Are either top 10 national caliber?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Things have calmed down here at EA. new staff and a new vision. organized and leveraging the newly engaged alumni base for $$$ support. Be on the lookout for some new helmets this year the best AD in the league with the most administrative support for our student-athletes. The team have been practicing all winter and ready to make a real run at the Inter AC title. We might not have the best stable of athletes but we recently hired one of the best D3 Coaches in the last 20 years and are finally ready to make some noise. Coach Kolffer has the ability to X and O his way through the gauntlet. Moved Zeke Kane back to O midfield where he belongs. he is gonna score 30+ goals this year. 6 DI defensemen and upgraded the D staff that are supported by a DI goalie. Have one of the best box coaches in SEPA hands down. In the high school we boast small class size and 87% of our teachers have advanced degrees. have to battle against Malvern and probably haveto split home and away. Hoping Malvern and Haveford also split, we sweep Haverford, and raise the elusive Inter Ac sweater. Ive been waiting for this season since I was an 8th grader the last time EA won it all. we have to play Radnor and might lose to them but that wont affect the interac record because they are a public school.

PRESEASON RANKINGS
1.) EA
1.a) Malvern
3.) Haverford
4.) SCHA
5.) Penn Charter
6.) GA

Love the confidence and hope you are right. It would be fun to see a commitment comparison between the three schools. I had no clue EA had 6 DI poles. I know Haverford has at least 3 DI poles. Best of luck!

Let’s clarify here: 24/25 groups would be more accurate since 26’s can’t be recruited yet. GA has a 2025 who is going to a top D1 - he plays for HHH 2025. I don’t think the OP was being serious about EA giving MP or HS a run this year. There’s a lot of talent on MP and HS and they will vie for the #1 spot in the Inter-Ac again

Serious question here... Why is GA perennially so bad despite having BM as their HC? He should have no problem pulling more of those HHH kids in and attracting other high level talent.

From what I understand he isn't a big recruiter. If you love GA and want to go there and happen to play lacrosse great! But he isn't asking you to look at GA. But that is just sideline talk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GA puts zero pressure on him to succeed. Alums should step up and say something. From a lax perspective, GA is a laughing stock

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest. GA is not heck bent on lacrosse success like Malvern, and to a lesser extent Haverford and EA. Their mission statement exists with athletics and not the other way around.

Malvern has put an emphasis on sports in the past 12 years.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PRESEASON RANKINGS
1.) EA
1.a) Malvern
3.) Haverford
4.) SCHA
5.) Penn Charter
6.) GA

You drop all those accolades and still butcher the spelling of Coach Colfer's name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PRESEASON RANKINGS
1.) EA
1.a) Malvern
3.) Haverford
4.) SCHA
5.) Penn Charter
6.) GA

Pretty sure GA does not have any 2025 poles committed D1. Their goalie is the only D1 Commit (Michigan). Plays on HHH 2025 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PRESEASON RANKINGS
1.) EA
1.a) Malvern
3.) Haverford
4.) SCHA
5.) Penn Charter
6.) GA

Good luck trying to get the ball against Haverford as they have the best FO unit in high school lacrosse. One FOGO going to Duke and the other going to Virginia. If you do happen to get the ball, good luck scoring against that defense.

Malvern FO committed to Yale and SCH committed to Georgetown (& just as good as haverford's #1 guy).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Per Inside Lacrosse - 2025 D1 Commits from the IA:

Malvern 11
Haverford 6
EA 2
GA 1
SCH 0
PC 0

Salesianum not in the IA but they are one of the best private schools programs in the area. They also have 6 D1 commits listed in the 2025 class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haverford should be top 10, with top 5 potential. Malvern depends on how they gel defensively

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haverford should be top 10, with top 5 potential. Malvern depends on how they gel defensively

PRESEASON RANKINGS
1.) EA
1.a) Malvern
3.) Haverford
4.) SCHA
5.) Penn Charter
6.) GA

Good luck trying to get the ball against Haverford as they have the best FO unit in high school lacrosse. One FOGO going to Duke and the other going to Virginia. If you do happen to get the ball, good luck scoring against that defense.

Malvern FO committed to Yale and SCH committed to Georgetown (& just as good as haverford's #1 guy).

Neither one will go over 50% against HS duo. Two fresh FOGOs both arguably at the top of their respective classes will be hard to beat. Pretty sure last year when HS number 1 FOGO was hurt the number 2 was consistently beating the Malvern FOGO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLL World Champion coach is a big deal. Hard to fill them shoes. Archers assistant at Lasalle. Big for area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bro, I don't think "PLL World Champion Coach" is that big of a deal. His other coaching credentials are significantly more impressive. The PLL is a not much more than a glorified Beer League. I'd be willing to bet that the the NCAA national Championship team would demolish ANY PLL team. I'll let you tell me why I think that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PRESEASON RANKINGS
1.) EA
1.a) Malvern
3.) Haverford
4.) SCHA
5.) Penn Charter
6.) GA

Neither one will go over 50% against HS duo. Two fresh FOGOs both arguably at the top of their respective classes will be hard to beat. Pretty sure last year when HS number 1 FOGO was hurt the number 2 was consistently beating the Malvern FOGO

SCH FO routinely beat the HS FO kids last year. Just couldn't put it in the net after.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You, sir, are not smart

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You, sir, are not smart

PLL is a toy league my friend. Any coach of a "professional" team that has a side job isn't really a Pro coach. Same for the players. I would say the vast majority of PLL players have other, real jobs that pay the bills for them. Sure the very very top guys may make enough on endorsements.

I would say it's more that "High school coaches coach the PLL" vs "PLL coaches coach high school". If we want to get into it, CB is a great coach. He's a great coach because he ascended the mountain and coached at Princeton. Then he fell off a cliff because he elbowed some college kid during a game. That's how he got to be a High School coach coaching in the PLL. Controversy appears to follow him. Thems is the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are not smart because these are the top lacrosse players in the world; no college team could touch them. As a matter of fact, the Archers would smoke ND, forget an all star cast of PLL.
I don’t care how much they make, who coaches them, how old they are; the game wouldn’t be close.
Now go back to yelling at the clouds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are not smart because these are the top lacrosse players in the world; no college team could touch them. As a matter of fact, the Archers would smoke ND, forget an all star cast of PLL.
I don’t care how much they make, who coaches them, how old they are; the game wouldn’t be close.
Now go back to yelling at the clouds

These are grown adults. Hopefully they are the best financial analysts on Wall Street or the best commercial Real Estate Brokers. But perfect point. The coach doesn’t matter on the PLL team. The best lacrosse coaches in the world are not in the PLL. This is not a controversial statemrent. EA shed their PLL coach at their first opportunity and picked up a real coach from the D3 ranks who hasn’t been physical with players on other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can the argument be made that Inter AC coaches are not very good and they get most of the top talent in the area?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can the argument be made that Inter AC coaches are not very good and they get most of the top talent in the area?
I don't think that is an argument anyone is trying to make. BM is at the bottom of the inter-ac, and while he may get a lot of heat on the board, nobody questions his actual coaching ability. 2 new coaches in the inter-ac this year (EA and PC). EA reeled in a guy who is clearly a great coach. PC hired young, but from a proven coaching family. Simply put, the inter-ac doesn't hire bad coaches. I don't think the alumni bases would let that happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just came across a telling statistic in USA Lacrosse Magazine.

70%
Percentage of class of 2025 commitments in September that came from NLF clubs and affiliated.

Haters gonna detest, but the numbers don’t lie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if September of Junior Commitment Stats are what you care about, then by all means you should be playing on your local NLF affiliate. Plenty of time for commitments after that though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

70%
Percentage of class of 2025 commitments in September that came from NLF clubs and affiliated.

Can't wait to see the local NLF club dominate the Philly lax scene this spring and summer! All other local clubs watch out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

70%

Can't wait to see the local NLF club dominate the Philly lax scene this spring and summer! All other local clubs watch out.

Does anyone else think it is weird that this "Dad" touts his son's club team as if it is some sort of religion? It's a team he pays a lot of money for his son to play. It's a game, a sport, give it a rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The most boisterous Dads on this site and on the sidelines never played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Numbers don’t lie. Often imitated, but never replicated. See you on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I won’t see on the field, because you don’t play.
The sooner you learn that, the sooner your son will actually enjoy playing.
But tell me what year your son plays on HHH and we can watch together

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Birddogs all day. See you. I'll be the one your lady is side-eyeing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
…You’re too old for her

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our we really puffing our chest out for a 5th grade team? SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She probably will be turned off when you feel the need to tell her your pronouns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it true that you take notes on the kids who pass to your son during games? I heard about you from one of the parents on your team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She probably will be turned off when you feel the need to tell her your pronouns.

Please let’s keep it civil. This is a a child’s game. Don’t ruin it for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. Comment about "Side-eyeing" from someone's wife gets no comment, but a comment about a dude who feels the need to tell you he's a dude does. Just an FYI, if you are a dude who feels you need to tell someone that you are male, you probably do. For all of all of human history until the last few years and for almost all people your pronouns are self-evident.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF parents are desperate to keep their league and teams relevant, even if their child doesn’t play much (which is safe to assume, based on this guy’s hubris).
If my wife is side-eying you, it’s because she’s wondering why this old dude in a “Princeton Lacrosse” shirt is yelling so much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PRESEASON RANKINGS
1.) EA
1.a) Malvern
3.) Haverford
4.) SCHA
5.) Penn Charter
6.) GA

SCH FO routinely beat the HS FO kids last year. Just couldn't put it in the net after.

Last year SCH FO had a good showing against HS #1 FO, looked even against HS #2 FO. New year, we shall see how it plays out. Good luck to all players and teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF parents are desperate to keep their league and teams relevant, even if their child doesn’t play much (which is safe to assume, based on this guy’s hubris).
If my wife is side-eying you, it’s because she’s wondering why this old dude in a “Princeton Lacrosse” shirt is yelling so much.

I don't get it. Are you trying to make fun of someone that went to Princeton? Half this board is willing to sell their kidney to get their child into that caliber of school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that reasoning allows you to get sleep at night, then by all means keep thinking that. Meanwhile, when she's washing your son's Dawg's sweatshirt, she's going to be thinking about upgrading.

Like Reply Quote
Page 74 of 81 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard