BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 63 of 81 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 80 81
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m happy for those players and families.

I am personally disgruntled as I was charged nearly 3 Grand in the youth program to be totally demolished in every game. Sorry if you can’t understand my alternate reality / experience with the program.

It’s like the lacrosse version of a Ponzi scheme.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are not wrong; the youth programs aren’t even competitive. I’ll take losing but getting blown out/kept scoreless means there’s a serious issue…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it really HHH at the heart of those kids getting recruited? Or did anyone else notice that the only kids going to top tier colleges go to top tier private schools… such as Haverford and Malvern Prep? It appears that some of HHH other players, especially those who go to public schools, are going to… Grove City and Harford Community College?? Perhaps those HHH kids getting recruited would have done so no matter what club they played for…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
and yet he has multiples more recruits again to d1 than the rest of the clubs combined.doing something right. year in and out. seems to be smart. you seem big mad. hit the wall

Excellent points.Tough to name another club that has developed so many excellent college players over the years in the area as HHH except Mesa.There is a reason they are still the best clubs and no competition.

GOOD FOR THEM!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are not wrong; the youth programs aren’t even competitive. I’ll take losing but getting blown out/kept scoreless means there’s a serious issue…

Correct. I handed over a sizable amount of money to this guy who by all indications knows the game (again high school kids are getting recruited, he himself coached a high school team). I assumed he would evaluate the team that he put together, determine what he has, and put in place an appropriate plan which includes solid practice plans paired with tournaments where the kids will grow as players, whatever their talent level.

After a few practices, it was clear where they were at even to me. I'm a reasonable guy. It's youth lacrosse. Let's get them better.

Instead the team was put in a position to get literally stream rolled every time they stepped on the field. Pair that with zero communication from organization and it feels really really bad from a parent perspective. Now multiple that by EVERY team in their youth program (this was not isolated to a single age group, but rather ALL age groups).

So what did me and my son get for my nearly 3 grand? Great question. While I can't quite say what I got, I'll just say that he didn't have the common courtesy to provide a reach around.

Honestly, I hope he does the right thing and shuts down his youth program. Unfortunately, I do not think that will happen and he'll continue to lure in youth players who hope to eventually play there in high school. Economically, the bulk of the tuition he charges is to youth players and family so I would highly doubt he'd take money out of his own pocket to do the right thing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no “development” at HHH. 25s were different because Banks is a good coach and worked with that team for a long time. Notice how commenters are saying they “picked up talent” at 2026 level. That team went 11-15 last year. HHH model is to lure kids in HS with NLF promise of being recruited. Which is fine, but don’t act like it’s a program that develops these kids who eventually get recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no “development” at HHH. 25s were different because Banks is a good coach and worked with that team for a long time. Notice how commenters are saying they “picked up talent” at 2026 level. That team went 11-15 last year. HHH model is to lure kids in HS with NLF promise of being recruited. Which is fine, but don’t act like it’s a program that develops these kids who eventually get recruited.
Say what you want but if the game is getting recruited, HHH is outpacing everyone. Must have some good contacts to move that many players….yes players are good but it is clear coaches connections are required.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the overarching theme here is that yes HHH has been great. The 25 class has been exceptional for a long period of time. No question or arguement.

Can BM keep it up like this with the 26, 27, 28 and beyond? There are many more options out in the market now.

Time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is BM getting these kids recruited or Mackrides and the like? I know a few HS coaches personally and they are intimately involved in the recruiting process as HS coaches, or club coaches. Yes, HHH provides the exposure but, outside of that (and that’s a big variable), does BM really do anything for the boys?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and yet he has multiples more recruits again to d1 than the rest of the clubs combined.doing something right. year in and out. seems to be smart. you seem big mad. hit the wall

Excellent points.Tough to name another club that has developed so many excellent college players over the years in the area as HHH except Mesa.There is a reason they are still the best clubs and no competition.

Brotherly Love had over 40 D1 commits between their 23’ and 24’ teams. All while having HHH block them from NLF events. You like apples?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is BM getting these kids recruited or Mackrides and the like? I know a few HS coaches personally and they are intimately involved in the recruiting process as HS coaches, or club coaches. Yes, HHH provides the exposure but, outside of that (and that’s a big variable), does BM really do anything for the boys?

Seems like lesser clubs getting upset HHH and Mesa are the only programs getting kids playing college or pro now for decades. One word development.Say who develops likes these and make us laugh. It aint the schools most of these kids havent played for the schools yet.HHH has to many commits to count this year.How them sour grapes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These 25’s for HHH have been amazing as a group since they were in 5th grade. No question and no surprise they are getting recruited so heavily.

It’s the exact opposite of the current 5th grade group they have. If BM can take his current 5th graders and elevate them to D1 recruiting status, then we have a coach on our hands!!! Let’s check in in six or seven years and see what happens.

My guess is the roster will be totally different and will be filled with players developed at other clubs that just hop over to HHH for their sophomore recruiting year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like lesser clubs getting upset HHH and Mesa are the only programs getting kids playing college or pro now for decades. One word development.Say who develops likes these and make us laugh. It aint the schools most of these kids havent played for the schools yet.HHH has to many commits to count this year.How them sour grapes?

One thing that is really telling to me is how many of those superstar recruits come back to the HHH program after their playing days are over? How many became coaches for the youth and HS teams? How many run clinics to help build the program?

Zero.

Why is that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting that Fusion, Team 11, and Delco LC are forced to join the arms race and create a "national" team. All good "local" clubs but it looks like the business side is forcing them into this situation. Not sure if this is a good or bad sign.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It definitely isn’t BM developing these kids. He is riding on the reputation of that club built years ago when there were very options. Those kids come to that club as they are and he isn’t doing anything special for them. If people weren’t so blinded by “reputation” they would see that there are extremely talented kids everywhere and many clubs and high schools do a much better job of teaching the game. Just look at BM other team he coaches - a local private school - that has yet to be very successful despite having significant resources.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cant name another one that develops as well as HHH and Mesa mr keyboard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the HHH 25 kids are great, but they are also mostly holdbacks. Is there another Philly club at the 2025 level that has as many holdbacks? I know of a former 2024 HHH player who just reclassed to 2025 as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the HHH 25 kids are great, but they are also mostly holdbacks. Is there another Philly club at the 2025 level that has as many holdbacks? I know of a former 2024 HHH player who just reclassed to 2025 as well.

Might want to look at the roster of every 25 and 26 team in Philly. They all have a very large amount of holdbacks. Team Ten just had a 25 go to 26. When you get to junior year of high school what does it matter? Non-holdbacks are the same size at this point. HHH did a great job getting their kids recruited or committing early. Team Ten, Mesa and NXT will surely have kids committing maybe just not in September.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cant name another one that develops as well as HHH and Mesa mr keyboard.

Clearly HHH and MESA doing the best. Many of there former players are PLL best players.Seems like a good thing. If your club aint delivering maybe go there where they deliver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It definitely isn’t BM developing these kids. He is riding on the reputation of that club built years ago when there were very options. Those kids come to that club as they are and he isn’t doing anything special for them. If people weren’t so blinded by “reputation” they would see that there are extremely talented kids everywhere and many clubs and high schools do a much better job of teaching the game. Just look at BM other team he coaches - a local private school - that has yet to be very successful despite having significant resources.

Seems like a club has a bee in their bonnet about the HHH success.Why the envy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually think the Duke’s club has more PLL players than any local program, not HHH. Now, you can argue whether what the Duke’s offered back in the day would qualify as a true club team. Regardless, they have the most players…
As for the local clubs, they are being gobbled up. Delco was acquired by BPG so they follow the corporate agenda

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Might want to look at the roster of every 25 and 26 team in Philly. They all have a very large amount of holdbacks. Team Ten just had a 25 go to 26. When you get to junior year of high school what does it matter? Non-holdbacks are the same size at this point. HHH did a great job getting their kids recruited or committing early. Team Ten, Mesa and NXT will surely have kids committing maybe just not in September.

As for argument of "When you get to junior year of high school what does it matter" - if it doesn't matter at that age, then why do people do it? It does matter.

Regarding the above comment regarding local clubs being gobbled up, don't think that Delco was gobbled up by BPG, just formed an alliance with Fusion and Team 11 to create national team opportunities and maybe get some improved facilities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Delco def was acquired. They may not be happy w BPG’s National team but they were definitely gobbled up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is something going on with HHH and Mesa? Joining forces since all their youth teams are struggling? Seems like the person keeps posting HHH along with Mesa, although no one else is talking about Mesa...

We all know club lacrosse ebbs and flow and goes in waves of which programs are putting together the best teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like a club has a bee in their bonnet about the HHH success.Why the envy?

Nah. Just burned for a lot of money paid to a guy with his foot off the gas. Buyer beware in the HHH youth program. Go into that thing with eyes wide open if you are considering it.

No problem with the high school program. It doesn’t require much effort from his part. The players he picks up are studs (he doesn’t make them studs).. but at least the high school kids get something out of it. That road goes both ways in high school. It is curious that no players come back to support the brand after their playing days are done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would think coaches/programs shift focus to youth programs, as not only do they drive huge revenue but they maintain success within the program. It’s almost too easy to see…why are the BMs missing it? Is it too much effort, cost, work? Weird…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would think coaches/programs shift focus to youth programs, as not only do they drive huge revenue but they maintain success within the program. It’s almost too easy to see…why are the BMs missing it? Is it too much effort, cost, work? Weird…

People probably tell you this all the time and it must be hard for you.You are a person of wonder.You are special.You are what the sport is missing. Heck you are what the world is missing.Thank you for persistently posting. First thing in the morning, all day, all night. We are blessed by your wisdom. You have been telling these brilliant ideas to your wife,kids, coworkers, and upper management for years. Imagine if they all had listened.Who cares now, their loss and our gain. Imagine no more, we have discovered you. Cure our world sir. Write on brave soul, write on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Longtime watcher, first time commenter, funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree. There was nothing particularly witty. Just sounds a chump who wanted to bring the conversation to an end. BM is that you?!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t get it. Was he trying to be funny? I think the question posted is a relevant one…
Guarantee the sarcastic poster’s kid is talentless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clown post, bro. Not sure what the purpose of your soliloquy was but you (and I can only assume your son) are lame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree. There was nothing particularly witty. Just sounds a chump who wanted to bring the conversation to an end. BM is that you?!?

Now that you were a crumb here is the second message tough guy. HHH and Mesa are weere the grads come back to coach. For oldest they did and coacches say same for younger ones. Want to hear what you say is a program you think is good trying to understand your shade for the successful clubs that got it done. Not like you dont know everything but older kids play strong colleges and the younger ones are better athletes, you can say what you want and whatnot but no need to be a crumb. Some of us dont have much time and trying to make best decisions and dont have time for your dense games on days off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now that you were a crumb here is the second message tough guy. HHH and Mesa are weere the grads come back to coach. For oldest they did and coacches say same for younger ones. Want to hear what you say is a program you think is good trying to understand your shade for the successful clubs that got it done. Not like you dont know everything but older kids play strong colleges and the younger ones are better athletes, you can say what you want and whatnot but no need to be a crumb. Some of us dont have much time and trying to make best decisions and dont have time for your dense games on days off.

Are you ok?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best by year 2024 Mesa,BrotherlyLove,Freedom 2025 HHH 2026 Team ten,HHH,Mesa 2027 Team ten,BrotherlyLove,HHH 2028 Freedom,Dukes,Mesa 2029 PhillyFutures, Mesa,HHH,Dukes 2030 Dukes,NXT 2031 Dukes,NXT 2032 NXT, Freedom.Go

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think anyone is blaming BM or throwing shade, just curious why the younger teams perform so poorly. Obviously, his focus is HS but that won’t be easy when these other programs are building success…
He better hope the NLF still holds strong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best by year 2024 Mesa,BrotherlyLove,Freedom 2025 HHH 2026 Team ten,HHH,Mesa 2027 Team ten,BrotherlyLove,HHH 2028 Freedom,Dukes,Mesa 2029 PhillyFutures, Mesa,HHH,Dukes 2030 Dukes,NXT 2031 Dukes,NXT 2032 NXT, Freedom.Go

Club leader bored

Mesa 4
Dukes 4
HHH 4
Freedom 3
NXT 3
Team10 2
BL 2
PF 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think anyone is blaming BM or throwing shade, just curious why the younger teams perform so poorly. Obviously, his focus is HS but that won’t be easy when these other programs are building success…
He better hope the NLF still holds strong

LIST ABOVE SAY YOU GOT IT WRONG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club leader bored

Mesa 4
Dukes 4
HHH 4
Freedom 3
NXT 3
Team10 2
BL 2
PF 1

Leader “bored” nice try junior, more than a few discrepancies on this list, nice of you to check in between games of Fortnite

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the rankings and spring league:

2024: Bro Love, Dukes, HHH
2025: Team Ten, HHH, Dukes
2026: Team Ten, Freedom, HHH
2027: Team Ten, Mesa, Bro Love
2028: Freedom, Dukes, NXT
2029: NXT, Team 11, Dukes

No rankings yet:
2030: Dukes won spring league
Downingtown Dawgs, T11, NXT
2031: Jersey Express won spring league
NXT, Dukes, Mesa, T11
2032: Dukes won spring league
Team Ten, NXT

Overall Club Lax Rankings of programs nationally:
Team TEN #26
Dukes Elite #33
Freedom #44
Bro Love #45
NXT #48

HHH, Mesa, T11 did not make Top 50 rankings.

Lots of changes over summer. Fall ball should be fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dad of a middle school kid playing for one of the big brand "elite" clubs in maryland (we're closer to baltimore than philly) but going to a pa public school system not known for lax hoping for some answers/advice...

1. Our "elite" club has been averaging 17 D1 commits per year. In your experience, how many of those kids are recruited and brought in during high school vs. being developed from middle school? My kids probably in the top 25% of our team but is not one of the key studs. What type of turnover should I expect come 9th grade?

2. If my kid does develop, is he screwed because he doesn't go to a private school with a reputation? Several team dads say that school is more important than club in getting visibility.

I appreciate any advice...

Like Reply Quote
Page 63 of 81 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard