BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts390,576
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 58 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
SW has two 5 star recruits in top 30
They got the 2nd one wrong. An attacker should be in top 10. The NDP girl is their best player.

Don't you have to register within the website and request to be evaluated? I am sure there were many kids not included.

Pretty much or attend their event. There’s plenty not evaluated.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They aren’t five star recruits. They’re on the five star watch list. They aren’t listed as five stars yet. The IL list is only top 10, not 30.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incorrect, they added 20 players to the list. Top 30 are 5 star and the stars have been added

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These "lists" don't matter at the end of the day. Your daughter will be recruited whether they are on the list or not - relax. Girls never on any list, still go on to play D1. Girls on the list go on the "play" D1 and don't see the field. Lists do not matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These "lists" don't matter at the end of the day. Your daughter will be recruited whether they are on the list or not - relax. Girls never on any list, still go on to play D1. Girls on the list go on the "play" D1 and don't see the field. Lists do not matter.
THIS!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Inside Lacrosse 2025 30 five star list:
#2 Emma Penczek Mamchester Valley M&D
#9 McKenzie Brown McDonogh Skywalkers

5 Star Watchlist:
Maeve Cavanaugh Spalding M&D
Sienna Chirieleison Trinity Pa Heros
MacKenzie Conley Mt DeSales Heros
Tess Deluca Maryvale M&D
Caroline Hoskins St Paul's Skywalkers
Payton Magday McDonogh M&D

All eight of the top 30 girls from Maryland are from the three power clubs in Maryland. M&D, Hero's and Skywalkers. M&D has four girls, Hero's and Skywalkers each have two.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...irst-wave-of-30-five-star-recruits/62031

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zero truth to this...but I will agree there are a lot of talented girls out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 Star Watchlist:
Tess Deluca Maryvale M&D

All eight of the top 30 girls from Maryland are from the three power clubs in Maryland. M&D, Hero's and Skywalkers. M&D has four girls, Hero's and Skywalkers each have two.

And your point? Again, these lists do not mean anything at the end of the day. There are girls that have been on "lists" that don't see the field...there are girls that have never been on any list who do see the field (D1). People need to stop harping on "lists" - focus on your daughter and what SHE wants.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 Star Watchlist:
Tess Deluca Maryvale M&D

And your point? Again, these lists do not mean anything at the end of the day. There are girls that have been on "lists" that don't see the field...there are girls that have never been on any list who do see the field (D1). People need to stop harping on "lists" - focus on your daughter and what SHE wants.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They got the 2nd one wrong. An attacker should be in top 10. The NDP girl is their best player.
Hey mom of the sky walkers/ndp girl, can you please stop trying to promote your daughter on this site. It is obvious and you are doing more harm than good for. Might be why she has been with multiple clubs and multiple high schools

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe she made the lacrosse magazine list

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering if they added the girl that committed to NE as a 5 star yet. Any day now definitely. They’re like “who”. Give her the stars! Quick. Whole thing is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dense question. Is there such thing as a 3-star recruit? Or if you get evaluated and end up 3 stars, does that not get publicized or made public?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure this is very common or I hope, but it’s driving my daughter nuts. Anyone else go through this? Coach calls sept 1 midnight and tells your daughter they love her. Get a text a few days later and say hey are you available tomorrow to chat about setting up a visit. You set it up. Next day comes. They don’t call. Next day they text again with an excuse, “so sorry something came up. Are you available tomorrow at 7.” You set it up, 7 comes and they do t call. Then they text in two days and go through it all again.

Now I know ghosting is common. What bothers me here is be a ghost. Don’t call the next day so sorry can “connect” (I detest that word) tomorrow”

Anyway. Is this common or is the coach going throw a midlife crisis and is really that bad at administrative stuff?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am shocked that Clemson is putting out an article that names the 2025 recruits that are coming & visiting their campus this weekend!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems to be common now. Some say that they are going through the first round or first half of the round and seeing who they like. They then move on to the rest. You may get a call or not if they met their quota.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you shocked? Everyone finds out right away anyway and most of those girls have made the circuit of visits all week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am shocked that Clemson is putting out an article that names the 2025 recruits that are coming & visiting their campus this weekend!
I read the article. Ballsy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure this is very common or I hope, but it’s driving my daughter nuts. Anyone else go through this? Coach calls sept 1 midnight and tells your daughter they love her. Get a text a few days later and say hey are you available tomorrow to chat about setting up a visit. You set it up. Next day comes. They don’t call. Next day they text again with an excuse, “so sorry something came up. Are you available tomorrow at 7.” You set it up, 7 comes and they do t call. Then they text in two days and go through it all again.

Now I know ghosting is common. What bothers me here is be a ghost. Don’t call the next day so sorry can “connect” (I detest that word) tomorrow”

Anyway. Is this common or is the coach going throw a midlife crisis and is really that bad at administrative stuff?

Ghosting happens all the time, but with this, doesn’t sound like a ghost. No offense but it is either she’s not that high on their priority or maybe they are all over the place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you shocked? This happens all the time in other college sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn’t Put out by Clemson - it is a fan page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But promoted by their Instagram. Which I don’t have a problem with. But it was promoted by them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the fan page find out about it who went???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was posted on their Instagram. I’ve never seen a lax school promote what girls are coming to see their program before. If it’s happened in the past, then I’m wrong…I find it very strange that they would list the girls coming. I know clubs have specifically told their players to not talk about who they are talking to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was posted on their Instagram. I’ve never seen a lax school promote what girls are coming to see their program before. If it’s happened in the past, then I’m wrong…I find it very strange that they would list the girls coming. I know clubs have specifically told their players to not talk about who they are talking to.

Coaches and school cannot discuss a recruit publicly until national signing day. Any communication is leaking to a third-party

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not advertise it, what exactly is the harm? Other college sports like football and basketball and have been for years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ghosting happens all the time, but with this, doesn’t sound like a ghost. No offense but it is either she’s not that high on their priority or maybe they are all over the place.

Don't you dare do that to a coach! Two sets of rules. One for the 16 year old kids and one for the coaches where 75% of them don't care about the kids that are on their team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally if I was a coach and asked one of those girls for a visit and turned me down and then I see them on that list of Clemson visitors they are done have fun when the oil your scholarship from under you in a year when the next best thing comes saw it happen first hand to a girl.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally if I was a coach and asked one of those girls for a visit and turned me down and then I see them on that list of Clemson visitors they are done have fun when the oil your scholarship from under you in a year when the next best thing comes saw it happen first hand to a girl.
This happened to a player I know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a kid is turning down a visit to a top school, pretty sure they don’t want to go there. Every school my daughter has spoken to has asked her where she is visiting this year. They know already. Think this article is no big deal.
Also, I Believe there’s a lot more to that story about her leaving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not advertise it, what exactly is the harm? Other college sports like football and basketball and have been for years.
I think it's tacky and also does a disservice to the girls IMO. No lax team has done it before. It's on thing for a Clemson fan page to post, but for Clemson Lax to advertise on their Instagram page with details of players is tacky. We know that one girl on the list committed to them immediately - congrats to her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Personally if you were a coach, I'd avoid your program based on the inability to write a coherent sentence. The game is changing and Clemson is leading the way. Too many shady coaches out there who can't communicate and ghost kids. Time to turn the tables on the nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches know kids visit other programs. The best understand and work with the kid even if they’re frustrated.

Football weekends play a big part in recruiting, especially at big football schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it's tacky and also does a disservice to the girls IMO. No lax team has done it before. It's on thing for a Clemson fan page to post, but for Clemson Lax to advertise on their Instagram page with details of players is tacky. We know that one girl on the list committed to them immediately - congrats to her.

Tacky? You think it’s tacky? Run on back to your country club for some smelling salts because someone has the vapors! Get a grip, princess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches and school cannot discuss a recruit publicly until national signing day. Any communication is leaking to a third-party

Please show me where this recruiting “law” is written. I’ll wait…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How to say you are new to the recruiting process without saying you are new to the recruiting process.

The "law" NCAA by-law 13.10.1.4.

I'm sure you won't bother to look it up since i'm sure the rules don't apply to your all american child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tacky? You think it’s tacky? Run on back to your country club for some smelling salts because someone has the vapors! Get a grip, princess.
WOW, what a grown up response to someones OPINION. You obviously need to get a grip if someones OPINION gets you this worked up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a kid is turning down a visit to a top school, pretty sure they don’t want to go there. Every school my daughter has spoken to has asked her where she is visiting this year. They know already. Think this article is no big deal.
Also, I Believe there’s a lot more to that story about her leaving.
I agree with coaches asking where else they are looking. That happened with my daughter. You don't have to tell them though and clubs tell their players to be discreet (M&D). They listed the players and their background (where they are from, status, etc.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not the OP but my guess is that this would be considered a retweet since CULax did not create the article. Though i do think this is a red flag in the NCAA's eyes and might be investigated.

From the NCAA
Coaches can subtweet recruits, but they can't tweet directly at them. Coaches can only share, under a policy that's commonly being described as “click, don't type.” This is huge for college coaches and prospects alike.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How to say you are new to the recruiting process without saying you are new to the recruiting process.

The "law" NCAA by-law 13.10.1.4.

I'm sure you won't bother to look it up since i'm sure the rules don't apply to your all american child.
9/11/23 110
13.10.1.4 Prospective Student-Athlete's Visit. An institution shall not publicize (or arrange for publicity of) a
prospective student-athlete’s visit to the institution’s campus. Further, a prospective student-athlete may not participate in
team activities that would make the public or media aware of the prospective student-athlete’s visit to the institution (e.g.,
running out of the tunnel with team, celebratory walks to or around the stadium/arena, on-field pregame celebrations).

Like Reply Quote
Page 51 of 58 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard