BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts390,576
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 58 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever happened to LBC? Were they absorbed into another program? We used to consistently play them in tournaments, and now I never see or hear of them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many of you will be keeping your kids home on Sept 1st waiting for D1 coaches to call? I wish your kids all the best during this exciting time.

Dead period doesn't end till 9/3
Wrong - ends 8/31
WRONG! Dead period is 28 August through 3 September.
Funny thing is that the internet can resolve anything with a quick google search.

Advice for Athletes Entering their Junior Year on September 1st (Class of 2025)
September 1st marks the day that college coaches at the Division I level will be able to engage in recruiting-related conversations with prospective student-athletes going into their junior year of high school. This communication can include phone calls, emails, video chat software (Zoom, FaceTime, Skype, Etc.), along with social media direct messaging.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many of you will be keeping your kids home on Sept 1st waiting for D1 coaches to call? I wish your kids all the best during this exciting time.

Wrong - ends 8/31
WRONG! Dead period is 28 August through 3 September.

During dead period, coaches can communicate with our daughters via phone, email, text, etc but cannot meet in person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong - ends 8/31

See NCAA Division I Bylaw 13.17.8 for Women’s Lacrosse Calendar Formula-contact period starts 9/4

You’re wrong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong - ends 8/31

See NCAA Division I Bylaw 13.17.8 for Women’s Lacrosse Calendar Formula-contact period starts 9/4

You’re wrong

Dead period ends 9/3 PER IWLCA

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever happened to LBC? Were they absorbed into another program? We used to consistently play them in tournaments, and now I never see or hear of them.

They are now M&D Shore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all are too much. Hope this clears up your fight-

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/co...4/2023-24D1Rec_WLARecruitingCalendar.pdf

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the dad who keeps complaining about the Lacrosse Magazine 25 girls to 50 list - please stop doing so publicly. Coaches will see it and not want to deal with your daughter. I actually agree with you and your frustrations but you're making it worse for your daughter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong - ends 8/31

You’re wrong

NCAA Division 1 coaches are free to contact recruits after September 1 of the athlete’s junior year. College coaches can send digital communication, make phone calls, send recruiting materials and make verbal offers to recruits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you need to learn the difference between in-person visits and phone calls.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong - ends 8/31

You’re wrong

NCAA Division 1 coaches are free to contact recruits after September 1 of the athlete’s junior year. College coaches can send digital communication, make phone calls, send recruiting materials and make verbal offers to recruits.

Absolutely correct. This was all brought up and clarified in the IWLCA video with D1 coaches last week. No visits or in-person contact... everything else remains the same for 9/1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the onset of the Class of 2025 recruiting and me just becoming aquatinted with this forum today, I thought everyone might benefit from a few reminders of the Spirit of the Game. After all, our girls play the greatest game on Earth.

THE CREATOR'S GAME
by Kayla Emerson | published Nov. 27th, 2013

"When the Jesuits came into the country of the Iroquois, they saw these sticks that they were using. They thought that the looked like the sticks that the bishops were using, 'la crosier.' There it is," said Alfred Jacques, the Onondaga lacrosse stick maker, as he demonstrated the shape of la crosier with his handmade lacrosse stick. "Lacrosse. But we [Onondaga] never call it lacrosse." They call it the Creator’s Game.

The lacrosse that is played across the world today originated with the Iroquois, also known as the Haudenosaunee, who inhabited much of the Northeast, including most of New York State. Many other Native American tribes have stick ball games resembling lacrosse, but the Iroquois game is the version that developed into the modern-day sport. To close out Native American History Month this November, Reporter attended an event hosted by the Future Stewards Program, where traditional stick maker Alfred Jacques shared the history of lacrosse and the process of stick making. Jacques makes traditional lacrosse sticks for all of Onondaga, one of the Iroquois nations. For his stick making demonstration, Jacques brought along a former Syracuse midfielder and fellow Onondaga Jeremy Thompson to share what lacrosse means to him and to the Onondaga.

ORIGIN OF THE MEDICINE GAME

In Onondaga, playing lacrosse is medicine, used to heal and lift the spirits of members of the community. "Being a medicine game, it's not about war; it's not about killing," said Jacques.

However, when the Europeans first saw Native Americans playing the game in the 1800s, they interpreted the game differently. “When the Europeans came and saw this whole group of men coming towards this whole group of men, they thought it was going to be a battle,” explains Jacques. “They were playing a game instead. We use the medicine game to settle differences. It brings people together."

Lacrosse is more than just a game, said Jacques. "This game is part of who we are as a people — it's part of our religion." The ceremony takes place every spring, where a communal game brings together young and old, male and female. The games are sometimes played old against young, or "old mush vs. young mush," as Jacques put it. The women support the ceremony by preparing food, but traditionally do not play lacrosse in Onondaga. Besides the annual spring game, other games can be called when a community member is sick or needs their spirits lifted, according to Thompson. Jacques has seen anywhere from two to 20 games in a year.

There are not many rules in the traditional Onondaga game, but there is at least one: you must have a wooden stick. That is where Jacques comes in.

STICK MAKING

Jacques started making sticks when he and his father decided to make a stick for him because buying one was too expensive. It's been 50 years, and he says, " I'm not going stop until I physically can't do it anymore." His traditional wooden lacrosse stick making is a process that spans eight months:

1) Jacques starts by cutting down a hickory tree and splitting it into eight pieces. Each piece later becomes a stick. He dries the stick for a month and a half.

2) He steams the sticks and bends the tips around into a half-circle that will later hold the net. He dries the stick again for at least six months.

3) He steams the stick again, and then puts a bend just below the semi-circle, where the bottom of the net will go. He lets the sticks sit again for two weeks.

4) He finishes cutting and carving the stick, steams and straightens the handle, and drills holes in the head where the net will string through.

5) He sands, shellacs and nets the stick, including the rawhide "wall" for the net, which he makes by hand. Finally, he pounds the netting to break it in.

Jacques makes his sticks completely by hand, without using any plastics or cutting any corners. One of the most important tools he has is his D.R. Barton carving knife, made in Rochester in the 1800s. "You really can't make a good lacrosse stick without this kind of knife," he said.

Both Jacques and Thompson share more than just a love of lacrosse: they share the heritage and ceremony of the medicine game with their community. They don't mind sharing their game with the rest of the world, though. Jacques is glad that Thompson plays the game outside of the reservation: "He's got the good mind, he can play pro, come back to the res[ervation] and play a medicine game. He knows what it's all about. You can't sell the whole thing out. It's our culture."

As many of you will know, we all lost Alf Jacques (The Creator's Stickmaker) this year. But the above is a reminder of the origin of the sacred game our kids play.

Another timeless reminder below:

'Give a (girl) a stick (she) can hold
Give a (girl) a ball (she) can toss
And you’ve given (her) something that’s better than gold
The pleasure of playing lacrosse.'

Attributed to Douglas C. Turnbull, Jr. (Doug Turnball was an American lacrosse player. He was the first player, and remains one of only six, to have been named to the USILA All-America first team all four years of his college career. Doug was brother to Jack Turnbull for whom the Turnball Award is named — The Turnball Award is an award given to the United States ' top collegiate attackman in lacrosse. Both Turnball boys played at Johns Hopkins)

Wishing all the 2025 Girls and Families Good Luck on 9/1 and beyond!

The Game Is A Gift. The Game Is The Medicine. Play For The Creator.

Anonymous
Southeastern Pennsylvania

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the dad who keeps complaining about the Lacrosse Magazine 25 girls to 50 list - please stop doing so publicly. Coaches will see it and not want to deal with your daughter. I actually agree with you and your frustrations but you're making it worse for your daughter

Coaches can careless with tht fluff

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong - ends 8/31

You’re wrong

Absolutely correct. This was all brought up and clarified in the IWLCA video with D1 coaches last week. No visits or in-person contact... everything else remains the same for 9/1.

This is a good rule. In the past, girls who often have to book cross country plane tickets for visits 2 or 3 days after 9/1 costing lost of $$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you need to learn the difference between in-person visits and phone calls.
The phone calls at midnight on 9/1 can give offers - so the difference between in person on 9/3 really doesn't matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong - ends 8/31

You’re wrong

This is a good rule. In the past, girls who often have to book cross country plane tickets for visits 2 or 3 days after 9/1 costing lost of $$

That was my thought. I was thinking it might be less about the Labor Day holiday and more about the possibility that the money saved will be used toward another prospect day. That $500-800 saved on those last Monroe flights might make it into the pockets of programs a few weeks later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter accepted a spot with a better team (Top 15 ClubLax/IL) and coming from a Top 75 team. As far as we could tell, she was not getting alot of traction on her old team with coaches through Sports Recruits (little things like SR profile views, video views), not being put into high visibility groupings at camps etc. To her credit, she improved a great deal during spring into summer. I believe she will continue to improve with her new team because it really seems to be a shot in the arm.

How can we best to market her through emails and SR? New team may be a bit hesitant to go to bat for her over the existing roster members for obvious reasons.

We are going into the final weeks before the 9/1 starting gun (keep reminding myself that's only the start), but at the same time I know the top schools pretty much have their top recruits in the phone/email queue ready to launch.

Just trying to think the best approach for her to take.

Separately, just wondering what thoughts are about how colleges may view the change of teams at this juncture.

We didn't have to worry about this stuff. My daughter is elite and runs rings around other kids. Take your crybaby elsewhere, or better yet start softball lessons.

This is the greatest answer I have ever read on a forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amazing how parents think that stuff matters. "Oh shoot. Girl X is ranked 27 (Relax mom, the number is made up, if that was your kid, change the post to say #28). We never saw her but we should reach out to her and offer her because someone at Lax Magazine said they were 27!"

Those lists are worthless. Although my daughter is nestled beautifully in the top 30 =)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a forum full of crazies. 90% of you are about to get a wake up call at midnight tonight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it odd that my daughter received calls from 4 college coaches last night? I thought they were not allowed to call until 12am tonight?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a forum full of crazies. 90% of you are about to get a wake up call at midnight tonight.
As a 24 parents I can attest that lots of people are in for reality checks. It happens every year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it odd that my daughter received calls from 4 college coaches last night? I thought they were not allowed to call until 12am tonight?
If she received calls last night then they aren't D1 schools - and don't try to say they are.
I find it interesting how so many come on here pounding their chests.
I've been through this with my daughter. I went to bed with no expectations only to be awoken by a screaming child who received a phone call at midnight and then a few followed. But i also witnessed players receive nothing - but ended up down the road months later at a great D1 program. Remember, this is your daughters journey, not yours as a parent.
One advise I will give (that was given to me) - don't speak about who is recruiting your daughter to anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amazing how parents think that stuff matters. "Oh shoot. Girl X is ranked 27 (Relax mom, the number is made up, if that was your kid, change the post to say #28). We never saw her but we should reach out to her and offer her because someone at Lax Magazine said they were 27!"

Those lists are worthless. Although my daughter is nestled beautifully in the top 30 =)

Then you shouldn't have a problem telling us who she is so we can see where ends up "nestled beautifully" in college. As long as it's anonymous, there are 1000 parents here with kids on that list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all of the 2025s tonight and the next couple of weeks. Will be fun to watch where everyone commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then you shouldn't have a problem telling us who she is so we can see where ends up "nestled beautifully" in college. As long as it's anonymous, there are 1000 parents here with kids on that list.

That’s what you take from my post calling the list worthless. Ok if I tell you it’s Penczek you would believe me even though it’s an anonymous forum. Dude. Read the other 250 words of the post not the last sentence. It’s Kowalski. I reclassed her so she can be in the top ten.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s what you take from my post calling the list worthless. Ok if I tell you it’s Penczek you would believe me even though it’s an anonymous forum. Dude. Read the other 250 words of the post not the last sentence. It’s Kowalski. I reclassed her so she can be in the top ten.

She can be the entire top 5 if it makes you feel better. Mine had eight calls and committed to six Top 10s before your princess got out of bed this morning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She can be the entire top 5 if it makes you feel better. Mine had eight calls and committed to six Top 10s before your princess got out of bed this morning.

That obviously can’t happen. My reclass turned down Duke, Maryland and UNC on the same conference call

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously dude? What is wrong with you. Your poor wife and daughter. Although my guess you only talk like this on an anonymous forum. Get a grip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That obviously can’t happen. My reclass turned down Duke, Maryland and UNC on the same conference call

LOL, love it. We don't need no stinkin' lists!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously dude? What is wrong with you. Your poor wife and daughter. Although my guess you only talk like this on an anonymous forum. Get a grip.

With so much saltiness you have to be in one of three clubs... Hero's, M&D or Skywalkers... just tell us which one so we know whether to talk slower so you can understand OR quieter so you don't find out that other clubs exist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL 5 star recruit list is accurate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL 5 star recruit list is accurate

Very. Can’t wait for the sw folk to dispute. Their only one on the list is a defender !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least they got one!!!! Some clubs never get one and that may be the case for their club in the future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is there to dispute?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW has two 5 star recruits in top 30

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ had 6 (1 Top 10/5 Watch List)
M&D had 4 (1 Top 10/3 Watch List)
Mass Elite had 3 (3 Watch List)
Prime Time had 2 (2 Top 10)
HHH Philly had 2 (2 Top 10)
SW had 2 (1 Top 10/ 1 Watch List)
NXT had 2 (1 Top 10/1 Watch List)
Hero's had 2 (2 Watch List)
Capital had 2 (2 Watch List)
CT Grizzlies & Steps each had 1 Top 10
Ultimate, Eagle Stix & Monster each had 1 Watch List

8 from MD (& 1 from DC)
7 from NY
5 from PA
3 each from MA and CT
GA/NC/NJ each had 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They got the 2nd one wrong. An attacker should be in top 10. The NDP girl is their best player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They got the 2nd one wrong. An attacker should be in top 10. The NDP girl is their best player.

Don't you have to register within the website and request to be evaluated? I am sure there were many kids not included.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't you have to register within the website and request to be evaluated? I am sure there were many kids not included.

No. But attending their events definitely helps. But my calc 8 of top 10 went to their event last fall

Like Reply Quote
Page 50 of 58 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard