BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts390,631
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 49 of 58 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did the MD teams do?

Both 0-4

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strong showing, tough end for the AA squad this weekend. Went 5-1. Lost in the last minute 5-4 to LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One competitive team and they lost. Zero goals second half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading scorer not involved in final play after TO?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One team made adjustments at halftime. Win most draws and ZERO goals in a half.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone’s mom is unhappy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's set up and ISO on the Zone and have our best shooter in the middle when the double comes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's set up and ISO on the Zone and have our best shooter in the middle when the double comes?

You do realize that these games mean very little? They represented the Baltimore area and played a very good Long Island team. Keep banging away on them for losing though. I can’t figure out if your kid made the teams , the one that thinks her kid should get all the shots or just a troll? The college coaches saw the talent and all will do just fine so let’s just give it all a break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess all of LI can score ? That’s neat

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow all the hype on the top Maryland kids and they scored one goal the final 3 quarters and none in second half. Don’t blame the coaches either top kids had it with chances and turned the ball over and couldn’t do anything and the flopping and obvious frustration from the one some think is in the top 5 of players was evident she turned over the most at the end the ball should of been with the righty who was most productive

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching too. One competitive team to play and not prepared for their defense?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow all the hype on the top Maryland kids and they scored one goal the final 3 quarters and none in second half. Don’t blame the coaches either top kids had it with chances and turned the ball over and couldn’t do anything and the flopping and obvious frustration from the one some think is in the top 5 of players was evident she turned over the most at the end the ball should of been with the righty who was most productive

Stopped reading after the third “and” with no period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Impressive list of girls on the All Tournament Team for the Burn group. Way to go girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Impressive list of girls on the All Tournament Team for the Burn group. Way to go girls

Sure thing dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, just a Hero’s Mom smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure thing dad

Most frustrating thing is the politics involved. Could have been better team if best kids were selected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure thing dad

Most frustrating thing is the politics involved. Could have been better team if best kids were selected.

Most deserving kids were rewarded Glad too see the Baltimore player everyone try’s to anoint did NOT make all tournament her turnovers helped LI win the game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is a true athlete and is unlike some of her teammates-a true team player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure thing dad

Most deserving kids were rewarded Glad too see the Baltimore player everyone try’s to anoint did NOT make all tournament her turnovers helped LI win the game

Didn’t realize your kid who, I’m guessing didn’t make it or didn’t get the ball enough, plays a perfect game all the time.

Why bring another KID down? Relax Dad she will be more than okay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No girls from MD American Select made first or second team. Only one girl from MD red got honorable mention….and she did great on the draw. Hard to believe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AA is run by one club and AS is run by another. It's not surprising most of the talent in MD at this age was at AA. But what is surprising is the younger ages didn't have much MD representation on the AS first and second team. It's all politics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure thing dad

The best girls who are team players were selected. Coach did not play that game to win. Played girls equally in the championship game and didn’t take girls out who made lots of mistakes and kept turning the ball over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure thing dad

The best girls who are team players were selected. Coach did not play that game to win. Played girls equally in the championship game and didn’t take girls out who made lots of mistakes and kept turning the ball over.

Problem was the top players were the ones turning it over not much coaches could do

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure thing dad

Yawn. THEN STOP GIVING THEM YOUR MONEY!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how mommies and daddies that have never coached a game or put together a team offfer up all the answers. I suggest you apply for the next opening you see. Those teams will be lucky to have you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure thing dad

This is the reason people don’t like standing with you on your own clubs sideline.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Impressive list of girls on the All Tournament Team for the Burn group. Way to go girls

Sure thing dad

Problem was the top players were the ones turning it over not much coaches could do[/quote

Absolutely correct

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here’s a thought. Pull them. Put other players in, have a chat, let them regroup, and then maybe put them back in. That’s what good coaching does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter accepted a spot with a better team (Top 15 ClubLax/IL) and coming from a Top 75 team. As far as we could tell, she was not getting alot of traction on her old team with coaches through Sports Recruits (little things like SR profile views, video views), not being put into high visibility groupings at camps etc. To her credit, she improved a great deal during spring into summer. I believe she will continue to improve with her new team because it really seems to be a shot in the arm.

How can we best to market her through emails and SR? New team may be a bit hesitant to go to bat for her over the existing roster members for obvious reasons.

We are going into the final weeks before the 9/1 starting gun (keep reminding myself that's only the start), but at the same time I know the top schools pretty much have their top recruits in the phone/email queue ready to launch.

Just trying to think the best approach for her to take.

Separately, just wondering what thoughts are about how colleges may view the change of teams at this juncture.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter accepted a spot with a better team (Top 15 ClubLax/IL) and coming from a Top 75 team. As far as we could tell, she was not getting alot of traction on her old team with coaches through Sports Recruits (little things like SR profile views, video views), not being put into high visibility groupings at camps etc. To her credit, she improved a great deal during spring into summer. I believe she will continue to improve with her new team because it really seems to be a shot in the arm.

How can we best to market her through emails and SR? New team may be a bit hesitant to go to bat for her over the existing roster members for obvious reasons.

We are going into the final weeks before the 9/1 starting gun (keep reminding myself that's only the start), but at the same time I know the top schools pretty much have their top recruits in the phone/email queue ready to launch.

Separately, just wondering what thoughts are about how colleges may view the change of teams at this juncture.

We didn't have to worry about this stuff. My daughter is elite and runs rings around other kids. Take your crybaby elsewhere, or better yet start softball lessons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We didn't have to worry about this stuff. My daughter is elite and runs rings around other kids. Take your crybaby elsewhere, or better yet start softball lessons.
The fact that BOTC allowed that comment above but yet censors other statements-wow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Film will be key and you can attach the best of it to the email. Find not just clips of her highlights but clips against the best opponents she has faced and label it. EX: Draw control win against 'X' High School/Club v. SCHOOL commit. Switching teams to a better team is a big plus for her in this regard because it shows the improvement and that she can play with the top in he age. Just be patient and remember it's not a race and each player's journey is different. Don't fret if communications are slower earlier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Film will be key and you can attach the best of it to the email. Find not just clips of her highlights but clips against the best opponents she has faced and label it. EX: Draw control win against 'X' High School/Club v. SCHOOL commit. Switching teams to a better team is a big plus for her in this regard because it shows the improvement and that she can play with the top in he age. Just be patient and remember it's not a race and each player's journey is different. Don't fret if communications are slower earlier.
Agree with all of the points made here. I have heard from a couple of sources that you should stay away from labeling any video clip as against a particular school commit and that it's frowned upon. Not sure if that's true or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
30 more hours... Best of luck to all the 25's!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many of you will be keeping your kids home on Sept 1st waiting for D1 coaches to call? I wish your kids all the best during this exciting time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many of you will be keeping your kids home on Sept 1st waiting for D1 coaches to call? I wish your kids all the best during this exciting time.

Dead period doesn't end till 9/3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that a serious question? Are parents really going to keep their kids home? My daughter was contacted at midnight and then serious phone calls/zooms happened the next day. I don't see the reasoning behind keeping your child home from school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong - ends 8/31

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong - ends 8/31

See NCAA Division I Bylaw 13.17.8 for Women’s Lacrosse Calendar Formula-contact period starts 9/4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong - ends 8/31
WRONG! Dead period is 28 August through 3 September.

Like Reply Quote
Page 49 of 58 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard