BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 81 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 80 81
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Freedom... 2028s.

FREEDOM 2028….put some respect on the name

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the issue with nxt in general? Recently moved to the area and trying to understand the club dynamics around here. I’ve heard some people say nxt is a great club, others say there are a lot of issues.

Pros:
Very organized and professional
"Professional" coaches meaning no dads (more later)
Great Facility (Proving Grounds)
Access to High End Tourney's (NAL, Naptown, Etc).

Cons:
Coaches are usually just kids just out of college.
Great practice plans, that get stale very quick
Heavy focus on Isolation Offenses.

Generally they put together very solid teams ranked around 50-60. But everybody wants to be ranked in the 10-20 range. This leads to some fairly insufferable sideline experiences and the coaches are just are not equipped with the team building skills to get players AND parents on the same page. Clubs have personality. NXT's personality can best be described as Dry Toast. You don't really want it, but it gets the job done when you don't have any other options. Then you end up choking on it and dying with nobody around wink

I'm really interested to see what the NXT 29s do... From my knowledge only a couple kids left. If there's alot of kids leaving other teams it should be a good season for NXT 29s again..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m curious to see how many people still stick with HHH. It is a crappy organization with a lot of people (parents, coaches and players) who think they are better than what they really are. There are too many good players and coaches out there to just [Censored] your way along based on a reputation you had from way back when, when there were only a handful of clubs in the area anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m curious to see how many people still stick with HHH. It is a crappy organization with a lot of people (parents, coaches and players) who think they are better than what they really are. There are too many good players and coaches out there to just [Censored] your way along based on a reputation you had from way back when, when there were only a handful of clubs in the area anyway.

TT BACK DOING WHAT THEY ONLY CAN DO SLINGING MUD HHH WILL BE TOP RECRUITS AGAIN THIS YEAR.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only reason there would be any serious recruits from HHH would be due to the fact that those kids go to elite private schools with connections and the club plays little to no role in the recruiting process. Not to mention many top college recruits have personal (family) connections to coaches and college lacrosse. I’d like to see a low income kid from a public school with no family connections who plays for HHH go to a top lacrosse college.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only reason there would be any serious recruits from HHH would be due to the fact that those kids go to elite private schools with connections and the club plays little to no role in the recruiting process. Not to mention many top college recruits have personal (family) connections to coaches and college lacrosse. I’d like to see a low income kid from a public school with no family connections who plays for HHH go to a top lacrosse college.

HHH's problem isn't public vs private at this point. The problem is the overall decline of the program. Easy come, easy go. It used to be the only game in town (as stated earlier). All the studs converged at the club and made things almost automatic. Clearly very minimal effort was put into organizational structures and infrastructure to "build" the program. Almost zero investment. Now that the competition is amazing in the area, we are starting to see the HHH club teetering on the decline phase of the product life cycle. I don't think they are equipped to deal with the nuts and bolts of running an organization (outside offering 2 NLF tournaments per year). And that may be fine.

I am predicting HHH will sell to one of these big corporate firms snatching up the local teams. Cash out while they still have a premium name. The 2025 is the last class that will be heavily recruited to top-tier D1 schools. After that, we will all see a noticeable drop off in signings meaning a drop off in the valuation by those large firms.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HHH's problem isn't public vs private at this point. The problem is the overall decline of the program. Easy come, easy go. It used to be the only game in town (as stated earlier). All the studs converged at the club and made things almost automatic. Clearly very minimal effort was put into organizational structures and infrastructure to "build" the program. Almost zero investment. Now that the competition is amazing in the area, we are starting to see the HHH club teetering on the decline phase of the product life cycle. I don't think they are equipped to deal with the nuts and bolts of running an organization (outside offering 2 NLF tournaments per year). And that may be fine.

I am predicting HHH will sell to one of these big corporate firms snatching up the local teams. Cash out while they still have a premium name. The 2025 is the last class that will be heavily recruited to top-tier D1 schools. After that, we will all see a noticeable drop off in signings meaning a drop off in the valuation by those large firms.

I am sure some of these corporate groups have already approached HHH about selling. However, since they are one of the original NLF members I’d be willing to bet it is not their decision alone to sell to whomever they want. My guess is that there is a NLF board and that they would have to sign off on whomever BM would consider selling to. I doubt they want one of their flagship clubs going to a corporation like 3 Step or BPG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure some of these corporate groups have already approached HHH about selling. However, since they are one of the original NLF members I’d be willing to bet it is not their decision alone to sell to whomever they want. My guess is that there is a NLF board and that they would have to sign off on whomever BM would consider selling to. I doubt they want one of their flagship clubs going to a corporation like 3 Step or BPG.

Yes, that could be a potential drag on the rumor mill. Maybe 3Step will buy the whole NLF and start bleeding everybody for club fees and access to top tier recruiting events. Lacrosse parents will pay whatever it takes to get their kids a look.
Let's try this one on... What if the PLL took over ownership of the the NLF? Set up 4 de-facto national summer tournaments culminating in the national championship tourney. Expanded internet coverage and streaming of all events on one platform or another? Throw all the marketing and social media at it. Clearly not something that would happen, but it would be amazing for the sport if it did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone going to address the elephant in the room that the DTOWN Dawgs 2030 team needs to be broken up by corporate lacrosse programs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone going to address the elephant in the room that the DTOWN Dawgs 2030 team needs to be broken up by corporate lacrosse programs?

Nah man.. some stuff is too serious to joke about. DTOWN is legit baby. Don't bring that silliness up in here.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such a ridiculous comment. The only reason the players on HHH will get recruited is bc of their high school and personal family connections??? Family connections...really? So Delusional. How about they will get recruited bc they are high level lacrosse players first & foremost. Does it help if some of those players attend local private schools with reputable lacrosse programs. Sure it does. But again, they still need to perform on the field. Highly doubt college coaches, who get paid to win, are recruiting players solely based upon what school they attend or better yet, if they have a family connection. Performing well on the field against high level competition, in high school or club, is the answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It'll be very interesting to see what becomes of HHH after this recruiting year. The 2025 team is loaded with talent but falls off a cliff after this year. Access to the NLF has cache but nowhere near as much as years past. With exception to the NLF Championship, many other tournaments have fallen off &/or been replaced with better tournaments accessible to all clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DTown is a great program, that is well coached. Their issue is retaining kids that see bigger/better opportunities elsewhere (Duke’s)…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t sleep on the HHH 26 team…they recruited a number of Tigers’ players and are building something

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t sleep on the HHH 26 team…they recruited a number of Tigers’ players and are building something
“Building” is a bit a a stretch. I’d say that BM is cramming for the final after skipping all the classes for the semester. And he’s trying to buy the exam…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of the previous Tigers players play for Team Ten now. Nothing to see here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. Best Tigers played for BM on Nike Nationals All Star team that went to Nike Championship. Team should have won in OT. They will play for him to get recruited at HHH. Including best goalie in country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d like to take a BM on BM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such a ridiculous comment. The only reason the players on HHH will get recruited is bc of their high school and personal family connections??? Family connections...really? So Delusional. How about they will get recruited bc they are high level lacrosse players first & foremost. Does it help if some of those players attend local private schools with reputable lacrosse programs. Sure it does. But again, they still need to perform on the field. Highly doubt college coaches, who get paid to win, are recruiting players solely based upon what school they attend or better yet, if they have a family connection. Performing well on the field against high level competition, in high school or club, is the answer.

^^^^^ preach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is everyone’s issue w BM and HHH?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who got the job at Episcopal?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. Best Tigers played for BM on Nike Nationals All Star team that went to Nike Championship. Team should have won in OT. They will play for him to get recruited at HHH. Including best goalie in country.
If this is true, it is very interesting. It seems unlikely that kids would leave Team Ten ranked 7 for HHH ranked 54. Seems like a bad move at the high school level. Seems like a bad move lax wise and showing college coaches your kind flaky.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is true, it is very interesting. It seems unlikely that kids would leave Team Ten ranked 7 for HHH ranked 54. Seems like a bad move at the high school level. Seems like a bad move lax wise and showing college coaches your kind flaky.

It's half true. HHH did get some new players that will make them better. I think the idea of the NIKE team going to HHH was wishful thinking of the old Tiger's coach who would love to try to say he "built" a team at the high school level. Instead he is connected with Prime Time. Hence why some of the NIke team weren't even PA players.
It is a big year coming up for the 26s. HHH, Team Ten, Mesa, NXT doesn't matter. Kids need to put in the work, email colleges, prospect days, practice hard and stop worrying about hitching a train to a guy who has no college recruiting experience. Time to move on from 8th grade lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The eagles doesn’t pay attention to the activities of the field rats. HHH keeps pumping out the best recruits from the area annually. Year in and out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The eagles doesn’t pay attention to the activities of the field rats. HHH keeps pumping out the best recruits from the area annually. Year in and out

Right like ament, sowers…..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A team’s ranking has nothing to do with college recruiting. And neither does “player rankings”. College coaches pay zero attention to them when evaluating players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A team’s ranking has nothing to do with college recruiting. And neither does “player rankings”. College coaches pay zero attention to them when evaluating players.

Well said and 100% true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re correct that team and individual rankings don’t matter that much, but it is tough for an attack kid or O middie to stand out if their team is on defense 80% of the game. Key is to be on a team that plays competitive games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re correct that team and individual rankings don’t matter that much, but it is tough for an attack kid or O middie to stand out if their team is on defense 80% of the game. Key is to be on a team that plays competitive games.

Thats totally different. Rankings are irrelevant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guys... it's a random thursday night in the middle of the most dead period on the lacrosse calendar. 95% of the posts on here are from probably 2 or 3 people. Go spend some time with your son while you can. He's going to be be gone in less than 3 years (and none of this will matter).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guys... it's a random thursday night in the middle of the most dead period on the lacrosse calendar. 95% of the posts on here are from probably 2 or 3 people. Go spend some time with your son while you can. He's going to be be gone in less than 3 years (and none of this will matter).

Rational thoughts have no business here sir!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Comments like this always astonish me - YOU ARE ON HERE TOO, SPANKY! Don’t act like you’re better than anyone opining on here…
Now go make your TV dinner and watch your old HS highlight tape again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the guy who is posting this on a random Thursday…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the guy who is posting this on a random Thursday…
Great addition to the conversation. Really incredible. It inspired me to write this comment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I was a coach/club owner of a top 28, 29, 30 team I’d be paying real close attention to what tends to happen when these kids reach high school age. Tigers26 had everything on paper going for them and they fell apart. Mesa27 was maybe the best team at their age group, same story. Is it coaching? Is it daddy ball and relationships? Is it tone deaf club owners?
28-Dukes-Freedom, which one makes it? Either one crack?
29-NXT already cracked and does anyone really think Futures has a chance?
30-Dukes-Dawgs-I guess Dukes got a lot of players at tryouts, haven’t heard anything about Dawgs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I was a coach/club owner of a top 28, 29, 30 team I’d be paying real close attention to what tends to happen when these kids reach high school age. Tigers26 had everything on paper going for them and they fell apart. Mesa27 was maybe the best team at their age group, same story. Is it coaching? Is it daddy ball and relationships? Is it tone deaf club owners?
30-Dukes-Dawgs-I guess Dukes got a lot of players at tryouts, haven’t heard anything about Dawgs

I think some of it is the better players are playing and training year round with their high school teams. In some ways, I think club ball is dying at the high school level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think some of it is the better players are playing and training year round with their high school teams. In some ways, I think club ball is dying at the high school level.

That does not make any sense. Only HS and Radnor are top national teams right ? Rest of local teams are average except Salies in DE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Duke’s guy but that ‘30 team is impressive; it’s early, they’re young and a lot can/will happen as time progresses but man, they are stacked…
Dawgs are struggling, lost a few important players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That does not make any sense. Only HS and Radnor are top national teams right ? Rest of local teams are average except Salies in DE.

What I am saying is the better teams train year round, so why play for a "great" HS club team where you are unlikely to get the ball or show your ability to defend or clear. Club lacrosse at the HS level is getting really bad. Dad's are telling their sons to shoot more in the car in the parking lot before the game thinking they will get "noticed". Defenders are cheating up or trying to take it coast to coast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think one variable people lose sight of is the number of teams available in the PA region; it’s saturated which means really good kids play on different teams, some good, some not so good. Most other areas (LI, and, NJ, MA) have 1 or 2 teams the top players associate with, that’s it.
Here, we have, HHH (Malvern, Lasalle, Haverford, etc), Freedom, NXT, Mesa, Team 11, Team Ten, Duke’s (lots of ANC, Lasalle). Lots of talent, but spread across too many teams

Like Reply Quote
Page 61 of 81 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard