BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,898
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Boys 2031 4th Grade Summer 2023
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Other thread seems to be down

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2031 4th Grade Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOC will update threads to 23/24 soon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few nice shiny Red Helmets at Candlewood today!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

At all grade groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not any stealth kids, seems like a lot of different helmets at each tryouts, should be interesting!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are the best Helmets., Igloo actually went to Same helmet after rebels, just in that so NICE baby Blue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At all grade groups.

A few ? I thought there was going to be a mass exodus to the more established clubs like 91 or express ? Didn’t happen last year and didn’t happen this year. Until 91 puts out a good product at this age group, no one good is going there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several Rebels players at Igloo tryouts even a couple of Stealth players too. Why don't they just get smart and move stealth to Suffolk for their east club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels team is Centrally located, Parents travel the most 20-25 Minutes, to be on the very best(by far, some nice new editions). Let the battle for 2nd place begin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels and Igloo parents/directors can keep pounding their chests about how great they are now. But after being at the NLF this past weekend, it is clear nobody is recruiting players from either of those clubs. There are maybe 2-3 players from each of those teams that could possibly make Express or 91 over the next 2 years. Neither of those clubs has qualified for the WS in recent years and thats not gonna change in the coming years. The gap will close fast, and parents of better players will move to greener pastures. Enjoy the ride, it will be over shortly.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom kids will move from clubs. Already saw a bunch leave Igloo to goto Express mid season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to stop living in the PAST. NOBODYS going to 91, Maybe a few to Express. Igloo and Rebels are the Future. You all Said same thing 2 years ago. Igloo and rebels have only got better. 91 is a Dinosaur.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to stop living in the PAST. NOBODYS going to 91, Maybe a few to Express. Igloo and Rebels are the Future. You all Said same thing 2 years ago. Igloo and rebels have only got better. 91 is a Dinosaur.

Didn’t look like the past this weekend at Lehigh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one can deny how good they are at the older age group. It’s just right now they are really bad at this age group. I heard their tryouts didn’t have a lot of kids from other program or a ton of talent at there. They better start recruiting fast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 will be top team in 3 years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 will be lucky to have a team in 3 years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope tryouts went well for all your Long Island Teams. Not gonna matter much because the DMV is untouchable. ML, Hawks, NL are gonna dominate your under age LI as..es!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express tryouts counted about 14 total from other clubs. 6 Rebels 3 Igloo, 1 turtle, 1 91, the rest randoms.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"the DMV"...ooooohhhhhh - grow up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one can deny how good they are at the older age group. It’s just right now they are really bad at this age group. I heard their tryouts didn’t have a lot of kids from other program or a ton of talent at there. They better start recruiting fast.

Time will tell. I’ve been around club lacrosse for years. I was a coach on one of the big clubs for a bunch of years before my kids were born. Before 91 and Express ruled there were other clubs. LI usually had 4 good teams 2 great and 2 that could comply with the best of them. The landscape changes every decade. I think 91 will be around I think they care more about the HS teams They seem to care more about recruiting than fielding dominant teams at the younger ages now. They are very active around 8th or 9th grade. Offering kids reduced or free tuition to play. I believe their philosophy is as long as we keep getting kids recruited we will be fine. So parents who have a kid that doesn’t get much play time. Gets on the field but not a too player that is on igloo, rebels or any other club, will try and move their kid to 91 around 7 th grade in hopes that the kid gets more play time. Their thinking will be if he is there at that age they will take care of him. But 91 will go after the top players from other clubs offer free tuition. The kid that moved in 7th grade will be left behind while he pays full tuition People will keep going to them with the hopes of landing a partial college scholarship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Time will tell. I’ve been around club lacrosse for years. I was a coach on one of the big clubs for a bunch of years before my kids were born. Before 91 and Express ruled there were other clubs. LI usually had 4 good teams 2 great and 2 that could comply with the best of them. The landscape changes every decade. I think 91 will be around I think they care more about the HS teams They seem to care more about recruiting than fielding dominant teams at the younger ages now. They are very active around 8th or 9th grade. Offering kids reduced or free tuition to play. I believe their philosophy is as long as we keep getting kids recruited we will be fine. So parents who have a kid that doesn’t get much play time. Gets on the field but not a too player that is on igloo, rebels or any other club, will try and move their kid to 91 around 7 th grade in hopes that the kid gets more play time. Their thinking will be if he is there at that age they will take care of him. But 91 will go after the top players from other clubs offer free tuition. The kid that moved in 7th grade will be left behind while he pays full tuition People will keep going to them with the hopes of landing a partial college scholarship

What do you mean partial? Full athletic scholarships don’t exist in the lacrosse world. And if you’re worried about that in 4th grade you’re a complete clown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you mean partial? Full athletic scholarships don’t exist in the lacrosse world. And if you’re worried about that in 4th grade you’re a complete clown.

1) Exactly Partial ( Meaning part of ) never said full scholarship.

2) Never said I or anyone was thinking about college in 4th grade. I said middle school. That is exactly when you should be thinking about it. that's when you need to determine if your child is going to play at the next level. 8th grade summer going into 9th is a big year in starting to build your film 9th grade summer going into 10th is recruiting ( if you are top tier player)

3) I was giving my opinion on what I believe is 1 particular clubs thinking. They will always have 2 teams they will be making money. I believe (IMHO) that their focus is Recruiting. they care abut they younger teams but not nearly as much as the older teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2) Never said I or anyone was thinking about college in 4th grade. I said middle school. That is exactly when you should be thinking about it. that's when you need to determine if your child is going to play at the next level. 8th grade summer going into 9th is a big year in starting to build your film 9th grade summer going into 10th is recruiting ( if you are top tier player)

3) I was giving my opinion on what I believe is 1 particular clubs thinking. They will always have 2 teams they will be making money. I believe (IMHO) that their focus is Recruiting. they care abut they younger teams but not nearly as much as the older teams.

Good response that makes sense to me. For 2) though, I've heard repeatedly from coaches (club, hs, college) that for recruiting nothing matters until 9th grade HS season, and summer after 10th grade is when it really matters. Spent all summer at elite/AA games with my 2027 and never saw a single college coach so doubt they are interested in film from those games either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good response that makes sense to me. For 2) though, I've heard repeatedly from coaches (club, hs, college) that for recruiting nothing matters until 9th grade HS season, and summer after 10th grade is when it really matters. Spent all summer at elite/AA games with my 2027 and never saw a single college coach so doubt they are interested in film from those games either.

This is for the most part, correct. For high d1 summer after sophomore year and spring of sophomore year are most important. Though freshman spring and summer are important to get film and generate that “buzz”. No one cares before high school unless you are trying to get on a top 20 club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

8th grade summer going into 9th i think you need to be on the right team for you. meaning are you getting reps do you believe the team will be in the right showcases in the following years. Are you happy with the team and do you believe that this team and/or organization will help with recruiting The following year 9th grade going into 10th is extremely important I agree with 10th grade going into 11th is when it all happens. I believe you need to set yourself up for that
Fortunately this group has a lot of time before then

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All good points. I disagree with couple of them. 91 usually has very good youth teams. Pretty much all of their teams at every age are very good…..except 2031. This grad year is weird because the top 2 teams are igloo and rebels. The top teams for 91 and express are a big dropoff. Express historically doesn’t give a [Censored] about it’s youth teams. I think that’s the main reason no one has really jumped ship yet.

I think if there will be a lot of movement to 91 and express it will be after the World Series year(8th grade ) After the WS hoopla some kids may move to those clubs for the promise of better recruiting options. I would be wary of 91 for one reason. If there 31 team continues to not be competitive, they will just bring in studs from far away (FL, NC etc ). These kids just show up to tournaments and play a lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Full Scholarships definitely exist, usually not first year. If a kids difference maker. With portal, have to keep kid/parents happy. Sometimes it’s half academic, grants, etc. I had 5 kids play college sports. 2 got full rides after freshman year. Those were both Lax. Most do not get, but they are out there. Saved over 400k in tuition because of sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All good points. I disagree with couple of them. 91 usually has very good youth teams. Pretty much all of their teams at every age are very good…..except 2031. This grad year is weird because the top 2 teams are igloo and rebels. The top teams for 91 and express are a big dropoff. Express historically doesn’t give a [Censored] about it’s youth teams. I think that’s the main reason no one has really jumped ship yet.

I think if there will be a lot of movement to 91 and express it will be after the World Series year(8th grade ) After the WS hoopla some kids may move to those clubs for the promise of better recruiting options. I would be wary of 91 for one reason. If there 31 team continues to not be competitive, they will just bring in studs from far away (FL, NC etc ). These kids just show up to tournaments and play a lot.

Igloo is still top 2 after not winning a single game at Hershey? Lost to NJ Express and both DMV teams. That’s the best that strong island has?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Full Scholarships definitely exist, usually not first year. If a kids difference maker. With portal, have to keep kid/parents happy. Sometimes it’s half academic, grants, etc. I had 5 kids play college sports. 2 got full rides after freshman year. Those were both Lax. Most do not get, but they are out there. Saved over 400k in tuition because of sports.

Yeah sure buddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updated rankins

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New "Rankins"

Hoco Teams untouchable

1 - ML: Nobody can match this team, the best team by a wide margin
2 - NL
3 - Hawks

Second Tier

4 - 2 Way
5 - Sweetlax
6 - Igloo
7 - Crabs - merged with WPG
8 - Rebels
9 - BBL
10 - Eclipse

Third tier

11 - S2S
12 - Express East
13- Express LI
14 - Legacy
15 - 91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got number 1 and 15 right at least

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 tryouts were very lite. Since Rebels Beat Igloo last 3 Times, never lost to sweet Lax. Would move them up to 5. Plus beat 2 way couple weeks ago. still give 2-way nod, as they won other 2 times they played. S 2 S best after Rebels and Igloo. Pretty sure Express East fell apart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My crack at it from a Mid Atlantic Team that has seen a bunch of the 2031s

Tier 1: Would be great matchups between these 4 teams.
2Way
Madlax
Rebels
Hawks

Rebels has wins over both 2Way and ML, albeit the win over ML was a completely different team than the current version.

Tier 1A: Could or have knocked off Tier 1 squads
Igloo
NL
SweetLax Upstate
Crabs (post Wolfpack merger)
NJ Express

Tier 2:
BBL
Towermen
S2S
Dukes
MadDog West

Can't find anything on Laxachusetts 2031, but they normally produce high quality teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 and Express are in a bad place but based on past history it is doubtful that will last long. The Rebels win against ML is void, need to stop bringing that up as a point of contention. ML/Hawks have separated themselves from the pack. We are all hoping Rebels get invited to the NAL next year as it's time for them to see real lacrosse. Igloo got a good smack in the face in Hershey and at the NAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always a Rebels mom. Most classless lacrosse organization ever.

Rebels = [Censored]

If you’re at Rebels or thinking of joint Rebels, run the opposite direction. If no other team opportunities exist, pick a different sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think 8th grade is the benchmark year for college you’re clueless. There are kids who dominate in 8th and never see the field again. Slow down there slick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no full athletic scholarships for lacrosse. None.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no full athletic scholarships for lacrosse. None.

Read the post. You are right. There are no full scholarships in lacrosse. But their are partial scholarships combined with academic awards that make it so it costs nothing or close to it. These obviously arent the norm but it happens more than you think. That’s why all the coaches preach good grades. If you excel in the classroom you have a good shot at getting a lot academic money combined with the partial lax scholarship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FULL SCHOLARSHIPS EXIST. Not many, but they do.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard