BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 57 of 81 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 80 81
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]My son plays on the Team TEN 27 team and overall a good experience with coaching/practices/facility. But there is discontent with politics of playing time and “scholarships” for certain players. And with a-lot of players guest playing with other teams at NLF things might fall apart. Which stinks because I spent over 1000 bucks at the team store.

They are going to high school and equal or "fair" playing time should no longer be guaranteed. If your not playing you should move to a team where your son will play even if you can't wear all of your fancy team ten swag

If you are paying money for a club team, especially in high school, the expectation is that your son will get playing time. The purpose of club lacrosse, particularly in high school, is to be seen and get film. The top clubs know this and they service their customers appropriately. If there are 6 attackmen on the roster, the top level teams are going to get all 6 of them into games at a fairly equal clip. That is why the teams are getting 18-20 commits and not 8-10 commits. Everybody is playing. Everybody on the team is capable of playing at the level expected for the team.

if the team is only playing the top line, then that is a red flag. Team Rank doesn't matter once you get to high school. At that matters is how many players commit to play at the next level. end of story

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the amazing performance by the '26 PA Team at the NASG, what are the chances we get a Tigers XXVI Reboot in the works going into their big recruiting year? I'd like to see it happen. Clearly those kids have chemistry and playing together gives them the best chance to get to the universities they want to get to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the amazing performance by the '26 PA Team at the NASG, what are the chances we get a Tigers XXVI Reboot in the works going into their big recruiting year? I'd like to see it happen. Clearly those kids have chemistry and playing together gives them the best chance to get to the universities they want to get to.

All I can say is that things are in the works and the landscape is going to look different in about 2 weeks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big turnout for Brotherly Love tryouts last night with a lot of hype around Mueller. The question is how is he going to coach 4 teams (23,24,27 and 28) or is this just a bait and switch?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't the 23 and 24s no longer travel teams after this summer?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds about right. A lot of hype around teams that are no longer playing. Classic Tryout Season non-sense.

Quick question. Does brotherly love play in NLF tournaments? Looks like they do. That alone makes it a more viable option for those elite players looking to jump ship from their crumbling teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT Tryouts tonight. What's everyone thinking? 100+ per sesh? how many of their current players will be staying around? Seems like a lot of discontent at all age groups. I'm pretty sure NXT isn't holding tryouts for the 23's and 24's like Brotherly allegedly did based on the poster above, but we can still talk about them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds about right. A lot of hype around teams that are no longer playing. Classic Tryout Season non-sense.

Quick question. Does brotherly love play in NLF tournaments? Looks like they do. That alone makes it a more viable option for those elite players looking to jump ship from their crumbling teams.

Don't you think the US Club Lacrosse National Championship (coming in 2024) will make the NLF a lesser tourney going forward as they ate taking the top 16 teams with age verification and not blocking teams for participating ???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't you think the US Club Lacrosse National Championship (coming in 2024) will make the NLF a lesser tourney going forward as they ate taking the top 16 teams with age verification and not blocking teams for participating ???

Spot on. NLF is already losing its shine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not know what the US Club Lacrosse National Championship (coming in 2024) is. Can you please provide more information? What is the date/venue? What age groups? who is the tournament director? Is there a website where I can get additional information?
It's a great concept. Take the top 16 teams with Age Verification. Is this supposed to be like the World Series but for more age groups?

From a ranking perspective, how is US Club Lacrosse going to be able to rank teams in a "sometimes we play in age verified tournament and sometimes we don't" world? Will US Club Lacrosse Open Source their ranking algorithm to assure that certain teams aren't getting any extra leverage? In the past, it has been accused of playing favorites.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT Tryouts tonight. What's everyone thinking? 100+ per sesh? how many of their current players will be staying around? Seems like a lot of discontent at all age groups. I'm pretty sure NXT isn't holding tryouts for the 23's and 24's like Brotherly allegedly did based on the poster above, but we can still talk about them.

I would think most of the current players would be there, even the ones looking to make a move to Mesa and Team TEN. It is a very stressful time, when betting you can replace a player already on the team. I don't know if Mesa or Team TEN has approached any of these kids with a guaranteed slot. I think that may have happened in years past. What is the source of the discontent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not know what the US Club Lacrosse National Championship (coming in 2024) is. Can you please provide more information? What is the date/venue? What age groups? who is the tournament director? Is there a website where I can get additional information?
It's a great concept. Take the top 16 teams with Age Verification. Is this supposed to be like the World Series but for more age groups?

From a ranking perspective, how is US Club Lacrosse going to be able to rank teams in a "sometimes we play in age verified tournament and sometimes we don't" world? Will US Club Lacrosse Open Source their ranking algorithm to assure that certain teams aren't getting any extra leverage? In the past, it has been accused of playing favorites.

It is supposed to be the first weekend in August in Virginia I believe of 2024. There are no regional games just straight based on the US Club lacrosse rankings which is an algorithm. It did not make mention of age based but for the first year the ages that it will affect will not be under the age base umbrella, 2025, 2026, 2027, and maybe 2028 (which would fall in the new age rules).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is supposed to be the first weekend in August in Virginia I believe of 2024. There are no regional games just straight based on the US Club lacrosse rankings which is an algorithm. It did not make mention of age based but for the first year the ages that it will affect will not be under the age base umbrella, 2025, 2026, 2027, and maybe 2028 (which would fall in the new age rules).

Hopefully it catches on (aged based or not). How do you guys feel about an August lacrosse Tournament? Could be tricky to pull off with Tryouts usually being held mid to late July. I'm assuming it's a Sat/Sun thing so probably minimal overlap with High School Fall Sports (Football/Soccer) firing up in this time frame.

I'll be honest. After participating in the seemingly never-ending lacrosse seasons from late February through July, the thought of going to a tourney in August in Virginia is tough to get excited for.

I get it... getting the top 16 teams into a battle Royale will be epic. Maybe we can get them in a dome down there or something with a little A/C!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully it catches on (aged based or not). How do you guys feel about an August lacrosse Tournament? Could be tricky to pull off with Tryouts usually being held mid to late July. I'm assuming it's a Sat/Sun thing so probably minimal overlap with High School Fall Sports (Football/Soccer) firing up in this time frame.

I'll be honest. After participating in the seemingly never-ending lacrosse seasons from late February through July, the thought of going to a tourney in August in Virginia is tough to get excited for.

I get it... getting the top 16 teams into a battle Royale will be epic. Maybe we can get them in a dome down there or something with a little A/C!

^^^^hit the wall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Betting recruiting on a unproven tournament with no coaches there after the summer season ended. What other great ideas do you got cooked up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Betting recruiting on a unproven tournament with no coaches there after the summer season ended. What other great ideas do you got cooked up?
If the top 16 teams are there, coaches will show up. But it is notIntelligent to do it so late.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is US Club Lacrosses idea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout season is upon us and, if I were NXT, I’d be concerned…LOTS of 28/29/30s at Duke’s Elite tryouts.
Should be fun

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout season is upon us and, if I were NXT, I’d be concerned…LOTS of 28/29/30s at Duke’s Elite tryouts.
Should be fun

Nah. Large numbers last night at NXT tryouts, per usual. Plenty of other clubs out there, why name drop NXT?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name drop? There were so many NXT jerseys there I thought I went to the wrong tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name drop? There were so many NXT jerseys there I thought I went to the wrong tryouts

Sounds like maybe you were at the wrong tryout. Are you telling me that the kids at Duke's tryout just wear any old jersey they have laying around? Must be a really effective evaluation technique. Duke's can't spring for some tryout penny's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess. My son is one of the kids trying out from another team so I was kinda shocked really

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess. My son is one of the kids trying out from another team so I was kinda shocked really

sounds ridiculous. They are one of the oldest clubs in the area. These guys never cease to amaze me as a collective group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just looked at the Duke's website(s). Clearly their 28 team is good and historically they are a very good program (We all know that the Old Duke's Nationals was a sham run by a different dude and there was a falling out.. not trying to rehash that old song). So again, very good program historically....

But just looking at their multiple websites, it seems to be a confusing mess of teams that loosely overlap. This guy, Ebe, should really spend a bit of time coming up with a clear message for what this program is. NXT (for as much as it gets bashed on here) has a very professional approach to this which makes it very clear what you are getting into and what their program provides. Dukes website is straight out of the geocities-era. Spend a bit of money and modernize.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sounds ridiculous. They are one of the oldest clubs in the area. These guys never cease to amaze me as a collective group.

According to their web site:
Its at MSI Sports Complex

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Contact us to Advertise
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like BPG just bought Dukes too… maybe that explains the tryout jersey issue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like BPG just bought Dukes too… maybe that explains the tryout jersey issue

Congrats to the BPG team as well as to the Duke's organization. I'm looking forward to the partnership and the growth of Lacrosse in the Philadelphia area. These are really exciting times in the Lacrosse World.

Best of luck to everyone at their respective tryouts over the next few weeks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the conglomeration of clubs (Dukes, BL, Rising Son, etc) in the Philadelphia region actually helps some of the smaller clubs appeal. I know the larger model has worked for soccer but we are seeing smaller "town" clubs evolve with strong teams and coaching. Fusion and Downingtown Dawgs come to mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With BPG now owning both so you expect Dukes and BL will merge teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the conglomeration of clubs (Dukes, BL, Rising Son, etc) in the Philadelphia region actually helps some of the smaller clubs appeal. I know the larger model has worked for soccer but we are seeing smaller "town" clubs evolve with strong teams and coaching. Fusion and Downingtown Dawgs come to mind.

Fusion??? The club that has only 1 team in the top 100 and that is their 2026 club at 71??? Ok

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fusion??? The club that has only 1 team in the top 100 and that is their 2026 club at 71??? Ok

Take it easy. This is a safe space for Philly people. In the grand scheme of things, I totally agree that fusion is a strong program with lots of really talented lacrosse players. I would say that Fusion is not exactly a small "town" club in the likes of D-Town Dawgs (which is clearly a small town club). They have a strong Philly presence, an amazing box program that is nationally recognized in Penn*Lax, and have at least one other satellite program in Virginia. I don't think the Downingtown Dawgs are going to be open up a Virginia location anytime soon. I jest, I jest. Seriously though. The Dawgs and Delco Lacrosse Club are really strong option "small town" club options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

power club year coming at younger year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Delco being sold

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom could be considered a "small" town club and they produce top end talent that is primarily local to the Chester County area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to the BPG team as well as to the Duke's organization. I'm looking forward to the partnership and the growth of Lacrosse in the Philadelphia area. These are really exciting times in the Lacrosse World.

^^^^what a goober

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there now Dukes Elite (BPG run) and Dukes MSI? They seem to be different programs. Strange they are using similar names if different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^^what a goober

Yeah I know. Positivity is looked down upon on this board. Thanks for returning it to negativity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a good showing by the PA teams at NLF

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a good showing by the PA teams at NLF
Probably because HHH doesn’t let any of the good Philly teams in NLF lol!

Bro Love 2024 in final four, Bro Love 2030 with some big wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHH is a founding member of the NLF, so they get to set the rules. The exclusivity is the sole reason why their teams “improve” each year as they get closer to the all important rising Junior summer.

It’s a pretty nice chart if you compare those younger team to the Older teams. It ain’t player development. It’s player replacement. And that ability to exclude every other team except Mesa is what leads kids to pile into HHH in the high school years.

Call it what you want, it’s tried and true. And nobody cares that you don’t like it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 57 of 81 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard