BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,750
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 99 of 132 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 131 132
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
GCS have a stream?

No BR took it with him when he got axed.
Took the dub with him too.

Better team one for sure. The actions by Reese were not excusable. Calling out opposing players while they were on the field was low class. Bro is still made she said no to his wife.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Caught a girls high school game on ESPNU
How does McDonogh give up 10 goals???
Freshman goalies who are still getting their feet wet in IAAM varsity action. Why don’t you ask about the saves? Oh wait, that would defeat the purpose of your post wouldn’t it.
Okay talk about the saves. Percentages and quality of saves. Go….
Having watched the freshman goalie in club and now high school, I can say she holds her own. She has great composure, can direct her defense, she works hard on and off the field. She is focused and has high expectations. To say she is just getting her feet wet, I think her feet are already wet and she will be the best goalie in the IAAM. Before you say anything, no I am not related, no I do not have a daughter at MCD, no my daughter does not play club with her. I have watched her play from the sidelines and have been impressed.

Always love how obvious these comments are:
Despite saying you are not, You are clearly either a relative, McD, or club teammate just based on what you are saying.
Let me break down why no one believes you.
A) you say you watched her in club and which would mean that you are a freshman parent(or making everyone else uncomfortable by going to watch girls lacrosse without a kid)
B)you say you have been watching her in high school, insinuating that you have seen her multiple times which wouldnt happen unless you are also on mcd(or you count the joke of a televised game against a really bad opponent where any goalie would have looked great)
C) as a freshman parent who is now at high school games(again assuming you are not an aforementioned pedophile of course) your daughter is either on jv or getting limited playing time with varsity. To make a blanket statement that she is better that some of these goalies who are recruited by top coaches to top programs shows either your ignorance or your full on ego and tie to this goalie.

Not suggesting she isn’t good or won’t be great, this post is just to stop both the [Censored] kissing and the absurd repeat comments that “I have no affiliation” everyone who reads this has an affiliation, just own it realize that no one believes these lies just to promote someone

All of this
Goalie drama is exhausting can we go back to SPSG moms who like to drink at the Valley Inn. Those comments and jabs are way more fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Caught a girls high school game on ESPNU
How does McDonogh give up 10 goals???
Freshman goalies who are still getting their feet wet in IAAM varsity action. Why don’t you ask about the saves? Oh wait, that would defeat the purpose of your post wouldn’t it.
Okay talk about the saves. Percentages and quality of saves. Go….
Having watched the freshman goalie in club and now high school, I can say she holds her own. She has great composure, can direct her defense, she works hard on and off the field. She is focused and has high expectations. To say she is just getting her feet wet, I think her feet are already wet and she will be the best goalie in the IAAM. Before you say anything, no I am not related, no I do not have a daughter at MCD, no my daughter does not play club with her. I have watched her play from the sidelines and have been impressed.

Always love how obvious these comments are:
Despite saying you are not, You are clearly either a relative, McD, or club teammate just based on what you are saying.
Let me break down why no one believes you.
A) you say you watched her in club and which would mean that you are a freshman parent(or making everyone else uncomfortable by going to watch girls lacrosse without a kid)
B)you say you have been watching her in high school, insinuating that you have seen her multiple times which wouldnt happen unless you are also on mcd(or you count the joke of a televised game against a really bad opponent where any goalie would have looked great)
C) as a freshman parent who is now at high school games(again assuming you are not an aforementioned pedophile of course) your daughter is either on jv or getting limited playing time with varsity. To make a blanket statement that she is better that some of these goalies who are recruited by top coaches to top programs shows either your ignorance or your full on ego and tie to this goalie.

Not suggesting she isn’t good or won’t be great, this post is just to stop both the [Censored] kissing and the absurd repeat comments that “I have no affiliation” everyone who reads this has an affiliation, just own it realize that no one believes these lies just to promote someone

All of this
Goalie drama is exhausting can we go back to SPSG moms who like to drink at the Valley Inn. Those comments and jabs are way more fun.
the SPSG moms had to take their drinking to 10 Oaks Tavern yesterday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the heck has happened to BM this season? Finished 4th last year, seemed to have a good group of girls.

Now they’re in tenth????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS 10
BM 6

GCS 7
MV 9

GCS 8
SPSG 16

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the heck has happened to BM this season? Finished 4th last year, seemed to have a good group of girls.

Now they’re in tenth????

A lot of top girls graduated and they recruited a few who are finding their way…..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it would concern me to some degree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of top girls graduated and they recruited a few who are finding their way…..[/quote]

They had several key contributors quit lax because they're top field hockey recruits

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter starts on a top 28 A league team. We’re considering and looking at different private schools. Should we be concerned if the head coach of a team also holds a board position on a local club team? Really concerned about favoritism towards their club players.

Really depends on the club. Heros, M&D and Skywalkers don't care who you play for -- they all have girls at all of the top privates. Integrity, MDU really do and it can get hard to get PT if you aren't playing for the "right" team. Don't know the NoVA scene as well, but I get a sense that it is somewhere in the middle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter starts on a top 28 A league team. We’re considering and looking at different private schools. Should we be concerned if the head coach of a team also holds a board position on a local club team? Really concerned about favoritism towards their club players.

I think not. High school coaches want to win and club doesn’t matter much if the kid doesn’t help. Not sure which club teams have a board anyway.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM #1 girl out with ACL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you should be concerned. also be concerned if your daughter is not one of the girls that the head coach recruited in. they'll be promised varsity and shown favoritism

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It should only concern you if your daughter isn’t a star in her age group. If she is simply a starter, and not a standout, then you would be wise to consider more neutral options. All these coaches want to win, but if your daughter isn’t separating herself from the pack of girls on the affiliated club, human nature would be that the other girls will get the benefit of the doubt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it's the club and coach I think you're referring to, I really hope he/she doesn't rely on them as a pipeline. Their middle school teams are terrible and it's a bad look for the coach to continue this close relationship. Perception is everything and I think it will definitely deter others from considering this school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do teams get moved to B conference after a season of poor results ? The bottom 3-5 should really move down. Especially mds and Gerstell. Not competitive at all. Can’t be fun for either team to know going in that the game will be a blowout. Doesn’t help with recruiting either. Players will not pay to go to a losing school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm going to say this and will say it politely. Most girls start on their clubs team. When you get to high school, guess what all the girls start on their club team. The JV and V rosters are full of club starters!!!!! Your daughter isnt special. Find a good school where she can grow as a player and get an education.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This should really concern you. My niece has same issue occurring now at the IAAM HSl located in Severn & HC definitely favors her club girls. She uses her affiliation w the HS to recruit young girls to her club. Why is she allowed to financially benefit from her HS coaching connection?

You are a clown! Coaches play the most talented kids. Maybe your kid isn’t good enough. They are playing in the top
Conference and not winning much cause she doesn’t have the players. And if you are talking about Severn she isn’t listed as a club coach anywhere. I assume you are talking about M&D though and looking at the rankings they have the top teams at many age groups that all coaches are trying to get.

you are new to IAAM if you think there are no politics in varsity lacrosse. The clear stars will play regardless. However, most top IAAM teams have 4 or 5 stars then 10-14 good but not great lacrosse. Politics matter. To be fair, how much a parent donates to a school is usually a bigger factor than where someone plays club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are new to IAAM if you think there are no politics in varsity lacrosse. The clear stars will play regardless. However, most top IAAM teams have 4 or 5 stars then 10-14 good but not great lacrosse. Politics matter. To be fair, how much a parent donates to a school is usually a bigger factor than where someone plays club.[/quote]

This is a true statement. And I will add, parental relationships with coaches, donation of time (party planner) and money all matter. Very good players play, but they're also political adds to gameday PT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club affiliations matter. One top HS in particular has been known for years to “recruit” from M&D with scholarships. Other club teams play or sit the bench, but the M&D players get recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Worry about your own daughter too. I’m sure all parents would pick a different group of players than your head coach. Difference is your opinion doesn’t matter and I bet you’ve never ever coached and won a game but we are supposed to believe you know who the players that are being kept off the field for political reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of Bryn Mawr. What has happened to NDP this year? Is it the recruiting? Macs gotta get his game up or move on. He seems bored.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of Bryn Mawr. What has happened to NDP this year? Is it the recruiting? Macs gotta get his game up or move on. He seems bored.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stop pot stirring. NDP graduated a bunch of good players and lost some to injuries. they rebuild and be fine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stop pot stirring. NDP graduated a bunch of good players and lost some to injuries. they rebuild and be fine

From reading this thread, am I to assume that only NDP and BM graduated good players last year? Seems to be a lot of excuses floating around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Maryvale have a chance to pull off an upset over SPSG in semis or McD in final? Could the Lions take it this year? Will SPSG re-do last year and beat McD in the final after losing in the regular season? Seems different/better McD team this year. Or could GCS or Spalding surprise McD? Lots of possibilities. Should the bottom 3 teams in the IAAM A be relegated?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From reading this thread, am I to assume that only NDP and BM graduated good players last year? Seems to be a lot of excuses floating around.
I can't speak for the other schools (I just don't know who they lost) but MCD lost 6 girls from last years team that are currently on B10, PAC12 or ACC rosters. 3 of which made all freshman or all conference. I would say that is pretty big hit. So graduation (Except for GCS who is deemphasizing sports) is not a good excuse. Everyone loses players each year to graduation. The good programs reload.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Maryvale have a chance to pull off an upset over SPSG in semis or McD in final? Could the Lions take it this year? Will SPSG re-do last year and beat McD in the final after losing in the regular season? Seems different/better McD team this year. Or could GCS or Spalding surprise McD? Lots of possibilities. Should the bottom 3 teams in the IAAM A be relegated?

Hard to see any other scenario than McD/SPSG final - I'm going with SPSG with the win. Relegation would be a good move. Kind of silly how few teams are in B (I realize this isn't going to change much, but evening out the leagues wouldn't be a bad idea). I'm sure those in B would prefer not to play each other over and over again, but I could be wrong (I also realize there's a big drop from A to B...).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hard to see any other scenario than McD/SPSG final - I'm going with SPSG with the win. Relegation would be a good move. Kind of silly how few teams are in B (I realize this isn't going to change much, but evening out the leagues wouldn't be a bad idea). I'm sure those in B would prefer not to play each other over and over again, but I could be wrong (I also realize there's a big drop from A to B...).

There’s a big drop from middle of A to bottom of A.
Last 5 could be moved down and create a better B.
B champs could be offered a chance to move up and then #10 could move down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't speak for the other schools (I just don't know who they lost) but MCD lost 6 girls from last years team that are currently on B10, PAC12 or ACC rosters. 3 of which made all freshman or all conference. I would say that is pretty big hit. So graduation (Except for GCS who is deemphasizing sports) is not a good excuse. Everyone loses players each year to graduation. The good programs reload.[/quote]

the difference is McDonough had super strong committs in the 23's/24's coming behind the 22's. the other IAMM schools don't. even St. paul's doesn't have enough girls coming after their 23's. it seems to ebb and flow. it's not an excuse it just is what is it. Bryn Mawr will struggle next year when their 23's leave and even more once the 24's go. GCS will struggle with the 23's gone, Garrison will drop when the 24's leave. it's just the nature of the beast

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the coaches for the top teams all staying next year? Isn’t Mary retiring? Is TC going to get a college coaching job like she tried last year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are lots of very talented girls on the top 28 club teams. When do the coaches start talking to them or do the players need to approach the coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brackets are set. Who will the first upset be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GCS will be the first to go

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That won't be an upset (if they lose round 1 - which I don't think they will, but we'll see).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That won't be an upset (if they lose round 1 - which I don't think they will, but we'll see).

I can see GCS and MP getting bounced early. 1 coach is eying retirement and the other has an unfortunate history of getting bounced from the playoffs early.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can see GCS and MP getting bounced early. 1 coach is eying retirement and the other has an unfortunate history of getting bounced from the playoffs early.

Good call spsg dad !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we start a discussion on how to influence the decision to use shot clocks in public schools? When will they make this change? If girls are going to play in college they need to get used to shot clocks.

In a recent game a local public high school coach had her team hold the ball (not passing just standing there with the ball in player's stick) for 19 consecutive minutes. Yes 19 minutes in the second half. Out of a 25 minute half, the ball only moved for 6 minutes! The fact that the coach used this tactic as an opportunity to "stick it" to her former high school is a whole other thread. But if a shot clock were in place it would have prevented this type of poor sportsmanship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we start a discussion on how to influence the decision to use shot clocks in public schools? When will they make this change? If girls are going to play in college they need to get used to shot clocks.

In a recent game a local public high school coach had her team hold the ball (not passing just standing there with the ball in player's stick) for 19 consecutive minutes. Yes 19 minutes in the second half. Out of a 25 minute half, the ball only moved for 6 minutes! The fact that the coach used this tactic as an opportunity to "stick it" to her former high school is a whole other thread. But if a shot clock were in place it would have prevented this type of poor sportsmanship.

While I don't disagree with this, my daughter is on a team that often destroys some teams and we pass the ball around so we don't run up the score once the score is already "out of hand". I know this can happen in private schools, too, but not sure to the same degree as the public schools. Maybe if they do institute this there could be divisions in high school, too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, maybe someone should have at least tried to play tighter defense? I do agree that a shot clock would be nice, but then there's the potential of some REALLY out of hand scores because let's be honest, there's a HUGE range of talent level in the public schools. I don't really know what's a good answer, but a shot clock would be a nice addition but more so for games that are closer so no one is playing keep away the last 10 minutes of a game. I know in basketball in the state, the shot clock is turned off once the score is +35 points. They could do similar if it's 10 or 15 maybe?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, maybe someone should have at least tried to play tighter defense? I do agree that a shot clock would be nice, but then there's the potential of some REALLY out of hand scores because let's be honest, there's a HUGE range of talent level in the public schools. I don't really know what's a good answer, but a shot clock would be a nice addition but more so for games that are closer so no one is playing keep away the last 10 minutes of a game. I know in basketball in the state, the shot clock is turned off once the score is +35 points. They could do similar if it's 10 or 15 maybe?

Or.... you could use sportsmanship and just run out the clock without shooting... not sure why so many parents (and worse, coaches) think that you have to keep shooting once the score is out of hand...
Another etiquette observation, once the score is out of hand, the coach on the losing side should start putting the bench in, and the coach on the winning side should do the same.. this is not tough to figure out, but the character of some coaches just continues to disappoint

Like Reply Quote
Page 99 of 132 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 131 132
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard