Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter starts on a top 28 A league team. We’re considering and looking at different private schools. Should we be concerned if the head coach of a team also holds a board position on a local club team? Really concerned about favoritism towards their club players.

This should really concern you. My niece has same issue occurring now at the IAAM HSl located in Severn & HC definitely favors her club girls. She uses her affiliation w the HS to recruit young girls to her club. Why is she allowed to financially benefit from her HS coaching connection?

You are a clown! Coaches play the most talented kids. Maybe your kid isn’t good enough. They are playing in the top
Conference and not winning much cause she doesn’t have the players. And if you are talking about Severn she isn’t listed as a club coach anywhere. I assume you are talking about M&D though and looking at the rankings they have the top teams at many age groups that all coaches are trying to get.

you are new to IAAM if you think there are no politics in varsity lacrosse. The clear stars will play regardless. However, most top IAAM teams have 4 or 5 stars then 10-14 good but not great lacrosse. Politics matter. To be fair, how much a parent donates to a school is usually a bigger factor than where someone plays club.