BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,877
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 83 of 268 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why is Doller a [lacrosse]? He didn't play your boy enough? That man put his heart and soul into the program and it paid dividends. The knock was that he only played 12-14 kids. Show me a high school coach who plays more than that. Including his replacement. At least Doller won. This past year on a team with 4 Division 1 and 3 Division 3 recruits,which is 7 out of 10 kids going onto play at the next level. They went 7-9. Mediocre at best! Guess what? Only 12 kids played. A previous poster is correct he's not coming back. Damn shame!

My son played for him and taught him what it takes to succeed. Was he demanding? Yes, and thank god for that. He learned that nothing is handed to you, go out and EARN what you want. Mommy and Daddy won't always be there to wipe your azz. My son played in college and is now a successful professional. Thanks coach Doller, I'm glad your happy at Farmingdale and enjoying success there too. Stay the heck away from Sayville and the miserable whiny parents.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the problem with talent does have to do with scheduling of the tryout. I know that it's done when it is done with an eye on college coaches being able to attend after their seasons have ended.the problem with that is most Catholic highschool kids are smack dab in the middle of finals week. it's why my son and many others did not attend. we made the choice to put academics first. move the tryout to Friday night at least and Saturday for that matter, give them a little breathing room to study and you will see more talent on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the problem with talent does have to do with scheduling of the tryout. I know that it's done when it is done with an eye on college coaches being able to attend after their seasons have ended.the problem with that is most Catholic highschool kids are smack dab in the middle of finals week. it's why my son and many others did not attend. we made the choice to put academics first. move the tryout to Friday night at least and Saturday for that matter, give them a little breathing room to study and you will see more talent on the team.

I am assuming you are talking about UA tryouts, if so, I think that no matter when you have the tryouts you are going to have conflicts. In past years they had it on the weekend and it conflicted with public school state championships, players on the three teams playing missed the Saturday tryout and had to decide if they wanted to go a tryout the day after playing in a state championship game. if you wait for the next week or weekend you are already into summer schedule with teams and showcases. The tryouts were run by coaches from St A and Cham so they should have been aware of the potential conflicts.

The final roster for UA highlight had 8 Chaminade players on it and many of those boys are going to top academic schools so I think they were able to do both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News 12 put out a who will the best player be for 2018.

Who do you have let's not keep it to the players they selected.

What is your sons name?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your sons name?

my guess is not one of these

Alex Mazzone - Ward Melville
Mike Gomez - Hills East
Kevin Winkoff - CSH
Xavier Arline - Shoreham-WR
George Wichelns - Connetquot
Pete LaSalla - Rocky Point
JP Lannig - Syosset
Brennan O'Neil - St. Anthony's

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are they?and by back on their feet what do you mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hills East Coach retired after Hot Beds. Maybe Dollar will be looking there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are they?and by back on their feet what do you mean?

OK - I'll play the non sequitur game.....what's the purpose of living? What are we doing here?

too try to answer your question (not really) I am not sure "who THEY are, but you seem a little paranoid and usually when people have to "get back on their feet" it implies metaphorically that they have been knocked down figuratively not literally.

IE - Smithtown East took their season ending defeat hard, but don't worry they will get back on their feet and have a great season in 2018

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your sons name?

Mike Gomez - Hills East
Kevin Winkoff - CSH
JP Lannig - Syosset

Somuch for not keeping to the ones that they selected

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa took a big step forward today.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
finally gonna ditch the wife- beater undershirts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke commit from Kellenberg coming back home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, the father comes with him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That took long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you met Radowski and Powers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you met Radowski and Powers.

Who is Radowski??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its Radomski head coach for Pequa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best lacrosse staff on the island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Junior Middie/Attack committed too Hofstra on Pequa.

No surprise. Hofstra or Adelphi usually

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your sons name?

Mike Gomez - Hills East
Kevin Winkoff - CSH
JP Lannig - Syosset

Somuch for not keeping to the ones that they selected

Stop with the Sophomores!! They are NOT the best players. The upperclassmen such as Wichelns, would be much more deserving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you forgot
Albany
Army
Binghamton
Dartmouth
Georgetown
Wesleyan
Quinnipiac
Holy Cross
hopkins
Boston U
AND MORE IDIOT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you forgot
Albany
Army
Binghamton
Dartmouth
Georgetown
Wesleyan
Quinnipiac
Holy Cross
hopkins
Boston U
AND MORE IDIOT

Another poster who doesn't understand how to use the "Quote" button . . . how hard is it to get that??!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you forgot
Albany
Army
Binghamton
Dartmouth
Georgetown
Wesleyan
Quinnipiac
Holy Cross
hopkins
Boston U
AND MORE IDIOT

Another poster who doesn't understand how to use the "Quote" button . . . how hard is it to get that??!

Got it, your an [lacrosse]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop with the Sophomores!! They are NOT the best players. The upperclassmen such as Wichelns, would be much more deserving.

I have been watching HS lacrosse for the last 20 years and have seen many, many really good players and a few on this list are really, really good and Wichelns is IMHO the best on the list....but, you only have one "Special" player on that list. One kid that can be in the same conversation with the best of the best players to come off of Long Island in the last 20 years and he is a sophomore this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why leaving kellenberg?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have been watching HS lacrosse for the last 20 years and have seen many, many really good players and a few on this list are really, really good and Wichelns is IMHO the best on the list....but, you only have one "Special" player on that list. One kid that can be in the same conversation with the best of the best players to come off of Long Island in the last 20 years and he is a sophomore this year.

I agree that Sophmore on the list is a very special one of a kind player.

Let's do a Thursday "throw around". Each Thursday I'll ask who is the best 6 At each position.

Let's start out with Face off's.

here are a few... that can help there teams
Sandoval
Patrakis
Giaquinto
Calderone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you forgot
Albany
Army
Binghamton
Dartmouth
Georgetown
Wesleyan
Quinnipiac
Holy Cross
hopkins
Boston U
AND MORE IDIOT

Got it, your an [lacrosse]

Maybe, but apparently you're just dumb!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at Sachem, a boy died at pre season football practice?

First off prayers to the boy and the family of the boy who passed , but please pass on any notes that you may know to the community.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's do a Thursday "throw around". Each Thursday I'll ask who is the best 6 At each position.

Sandoval
Patrakis
Giaquinto
Calderone

Michael (Farmingdale)
LaSalla, (Rocky Point) he is way more than just a fogo - IMHOP one of the top players on the Island this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sandoval
Patrakis
Giaquinto
Calderone

Michael (Farmingdale)
LaSalla, (Rocky Point) he is way more than just a fogo - IMHOP one of the top players on the Island this year

Carere (Connetquot)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sandoval
Patrakis
Giaquinto
Calderone

Michael (Farmingdale)

Carere (Connetquot)

Pape (West Islip)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sandoval
Patrakis
Giaquinto
Calderone

Michael (Farmingdale)

Carere (Connetquot)

Pape (West Islip)

Lasalla is a beast. In my opinion he is clearly the best. Not really a FOGO. May be the Best player on LI overall when you take into account that he is an 85% FOGO who may put up 100 points.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No disrespect to any of the FOGOs mentioned as I have only seen three or four of them play -

Pequa-great
SMW-great
WM-great
RP-great

Those kids are all really strong and I would hesitate to rank them but I am sure people here can. Each of those kids were instrumental in their team's success and can really take over an entire game.

FOGO is a hard position to rank and next to goalie, probably the most important position on the field for HS (of course a stud at any position is a stud) but a stud at FOGO in HS dominates a game. But, the HS stat line is really meaningless.

College FOGO ranking is easier, your team gets possession, you win...at that level, refs are 10x better at calling jumps and all the d-1 wings are strong and most of the FOGOs are strong whereas HS stats are sloppy at best and inconsistent depending on which kid is keeping the stats. Then consider wing play and the fact that the many of the HS teams don't even have a high level FOGO. Then consider that the refs are not trained at all-some call jumps, some don't. All boils down to the fact that it is just not possible to rank these kids in any meaningful way.

Head to head competition is the only way and even then, probably not reasonable unless the sample size is meaningful -2 or 3 games...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No disrespect to any of the FOGOs mentioned as I have only seen three or four of them play -

Pequa-great
SMW-great
WM-great
RP-great

Those kids are all really strong and I would hesitate to rank them but I am sure people here can. Each of those kids were instrumental in their team's success and can really take over an entire game.

FOGO is a hard position to rank and next to goalie, probably the most important position on the field for HS (of course a stud at any position is a stud) but a stud at FOGO in HS dominates a game. But, the HS stat line is really meaningless.

College FOGO ranking is easier, your team gets possession, you win...at that level, refs are 10x better at calling jumps and all the d-1 wings are strong and most of the FOGOs are strong whereas HS stats are sloppy at best and inconsistent depending on which kid is keeping the stats. Then consider wing play and the fact that the many of the HS teams don't even have a high level FOGO. Then consider that the refs are not trained at all-some call jumps, some don't. All boils down to the fact that it is just not possible to rank these kids in any meaningful way.

Head to head competition is the only way and even then, probably not reasonable unless the sample size is meaningful -2 or 3 games...

FOGO most important position on the field.....you realize you just contradicted yourself. The GO stands for GET OFF....why, because their lacrosse skills are sub-par. Stop with the FOGO non-sense. It should be eliminated as most cheat and are below average players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pequa-great
SMW-great
WM-great
RP-great

FOGO most important position on the field.....you realize you just contradicted yourself. The GO stands for GET OFF....why, because their lacrosse skills are sub-par. Stop with the FOGO non-sense. It should be eliminated as most cheat and are below average players.

I would say the goalie is the most important player on the field. If you have a great team and a very weak goalie you cant hide the goalie. Any other position is easily hidden or subbed for. How many kids will just step in net. None especially at the high school level. At fogo you can just take a pole and put him against a strong fogo and try and neutralize them and make it a battle. If you have a goalie that cant save the ball and other teams know it you are in trouble

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clueless if you think FOGO is an unimportant position. Possession wins games. Once again someone trying to make a sport struggling to gain recognition less exciting. FOGo makes the game more exciting, possession equals goals. I am assuming your son plays for a team without a FOGO and therefore the team is losing, hence your desire to eliminate the position.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy we will get to each spot...
8/17 we will go with the best 6 Attack
8/24 we will go with the best 6 poles
8/31 we will do goalies
9/7 we will do the beat LSMs/DM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pequa-great
SMW-great
WM-great
RP-great

Rediculous statement - there are plant of FOGOs that are great players, but are considered more valuable to have available for every faceoff. And there a number of great middies who happen be also be very good faceoff guys. And your over generalization is just that - a generalization.

Like Reply Quote
Page 83 of 268 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard