BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,718
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 175 of 220 1 2 173 174 175 176 177 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the 2019s do?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays for a Mid-Atlantic team and we played one of the Top Guns teams this weekend. Thought they were well-coached and displayed great skills and sportsmanship.

Much different experience than when we've played the Yellow Jackets teams. Much different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter plays for a Mid-Atlantic team and we played one of the Top Guns teams this weekend. Thought they were well-coached and displayed great skills and sportsmanship.

Much different experience than when we've played the Yellow Jackets teams. Much different.

What a bunch of nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How so?? At what grade do you think TG is comparable to YJ? I am guessing that said Mid-Atlantic team is M&D. M&D 2019 beat TG Black 16-6 this weekend. They split 2 games with YJ 2 weeks ago.

2017 TG Black lost to M&D Red for goodness sake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How so?? At what grade do you think TG is comparable to YJ? I am guessing that said Mid-Atlantic team is M&D. M&D 2019 beat TG Black 16-6 this weekend. They split 2 games with YJ 2 weeks ago.

TG 2019 BLACK ALSO LOST TO STARS 14-6 THIS WEEKEND.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The original point of the post was that they were appreciative and complimentary to a TG team that displayed skill and sportsmanship. I know it is a bruise to your YJ egos when another team is complimented. Being that you apparently have a daughter on 2017/2019 I am pretty sure I know who you are. Go away, don't come back to this forum, we don't miss you on Top Guns!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are Stars?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are Stars?

Stars lax is a club from Virginia. Run by HS coach of St.stephens /St Agnes. Very good club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is how the TGs Black teams did in pool play at Lax Inception:
2016 Black - 1st
2017 Black - 3rd
2018 Black - 1st
2019 Black - 5th

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 Black - 1st
2017 Black - 3rd
2018 Black - 1st
2019 Black - 5th

2017 Purple - 1st

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 Black - 1st
2017 Black - 3rd
2018 Black - 1st
2019 Black - 5th

2017 Purple-1st

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stars is the feeder club into Capital. 5th thru 8th grade teams are Stars, and 9th-11th grade teams are Capital.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re Stars: how many teams do they have at each grade? Looks like their top team made it to the final against Carro in the Summer Classic… but then again, no M&D or Skywalkers at that tournament, so not as competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG 2018 Black beat Capital Blue in a back and forth game and Capital Blue tied Skywalker Blue. They are mainly St Stephens St Agnes players with some Bishop Ireton and Georgetown Visitation girls as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys really all seem to care too much about all of this, as long as the girls are having fun, playing and getting better, which I see them all getting better at the practices I attend, I dont understand why everyone cares what everyone else is doing. In my case its 5th grade and 7th grade lacrosse that I am lucky enough to have my daughters that are good enough to play and shine most of the time on the field. Show up to the tournaments enjoy your time with your daughters, make friends with the parents on the team and all TG parents and make a great summer of it. The girls enjoy playing and it seems to me that all you lunatics take this way more serious than your daughters do. My daughters love it, they want to win but they want to play and have a good time. Cheer hard, enjoy the great days on the lax field and really soak it all in because it will be over faster than we think. Lets have a great weekend and hope all of the TG teams play as well as we know they can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said !!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 Black - 1st
2017 Black - 3rd
2018 Black - 1st
2019 Black - 5th

2017 Purple-1st

Pool play is the key phrase there. Hard to judge anything from pool play and since many of the playoffs were canceled, the only thing you might take out if the tournament is a head to head matchup against a good team within your pool. Even pool play had games canceled, would have been a nice test for tg18blk vs sw18bl. Never happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pool play is the key phrase there. Hard to judge anything from pool play and since many of the playoffs were canceled, the only thing you might take out if the tournament is a head to head matchup against a good team within your pool. Even pool play had games canceled, would have been a nice test for tg18blk vs sw18bl. Never happened.

The 16s and 17s were not in a championship format, so there were no playoffs.
Definitely would have been interesting to see the result of the TG18Black and the SW18 Blue… both top tier teams… and the winner would have advanced to the playoff round.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully TG teams will get out of their pools this weekend at ND. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hopefully TG teams will get out of their pools this weekend at ND. Good luck!

I know my Yellow Jacket teams will.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHAT A SORE WINNER OR MAYBE LOSER!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see TG 2020 Black is playing TE 2020 Blue this weekend...how is that going to go? I know TG beat TE by 1 last year at ND

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They beat everyone last year! Saturday you will know all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH !!!!!
LET THE KIDS PLAY.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see TG 2020 Black is playing TE 2020 Blue this weekend...how is that going to go? I know TG beat TE by 1 last year at ND

You must have stopped watching that game at halftime because the final was 5-2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Luck to all the TG teams this weekend, this is really a great tournament where we get to see all the hard work and dedication that these girls put in all year. Cant wait to watch some really good lax this weekend while enjoying the company of some great parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Luck to all the TG teams this weekend, this is really a great tournament where we get to see all the hard work and dedication that these girls put in all year. Cant wait to watch some really good lax this weekend while enjoying the company of some great parents.

Then you should be driving to MD where most of the good teams will be

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, actually all the Md teams are driving to Richmond Virginia

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, actually all the Md teams are driving to Richmond Virginia

Not the 2019s and younger that actually play in these tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's all for the Smith son taking over the coaching for the 2020 purple girls? Another year of this and Day by day it becomes frustrating watching the two young ladies that are the current coaches attempt to hide the fact that though they may have played lacrosse that doesn't make them good coaches. I'm tired of seeing them spend a majority of practice standing around talking to each other instead of actually running drills and practicing plays. I do not see this team getting any better as there is no adequate coaching for them. these coaches only seem to act busy when SS and BS are walking by or monitoring them. TG really needs to figure out what is going on with the coaching staff. One was absent the first weekend on the road, Then they spend 45 mins at practice partner passing, Then they end practice on their own time 20 mins early and have the girls just standing around. Lets see what next weekend brings at National Draw when they go up against legacy to see if we will be back next year. Come on Top Guns let's get it together

As predicted, TG Purple 20 did poorly at ND, you other parents keep being quiet and not speaking up and this is what happens. Legacy out coached and out played us , Our girls need to pass and move the ball more and lastly we need better coaches, the coaches of this team need to go. Once again no plays/ girls not playing proper positions, girls shuffled all about. The last blowout game was the deciding factor for us. Nothing against the Smiths but if they can't see or don't care what's happening here then I'm not sure what's going to happen to this team. Please don't tell me to speak with them about it, they read the forums. Just needed to vent a bit frustrated and spending thousands every year and tired of getting nothing out of it other than lousy coaching

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's all for the Smith son taking over the coaching for the 2020 purple girls? Another year of this and Day by day it becomes frustrating watching the two young ladies that are the current coaches attempt to hide the fact that though they may have played lacrosse that doesn't make them good coaches. I'm tired of seeing them spend a majority of practice standing around talking to each other instead of actually running drills and practicing plays. I do not see this team getting any better as there is no adequate coaching for them. these coaches only seem to act busy when SS and BS are walking by or monitoring them. TG really needs to figure out what is going on with the coaching staff. One was absent the first weekend on the road, Then they spend 45 mins at practice partner passing, Then they end practice on their own time 20 mins early and have the girls just standing around. Lets see what next weekend brings at National Draw when they go up against legacy to see if we will be back next year. Come on Top Guns let's get it together

As predicted, TG Purple 20 did poorly at ND, you other parents keep being quiet and not speaking up and this is what happens. Legacy out coached and out played us , Our girls need to pass and move the ball more and lastly we need better coaches, the coaches of this team need to go. Once again no plays/ girls not playing proper positions, girls shuffled all about. The last blowout game was the deciding factor for us. Nothing against the Smiths but if they can't see or don't care what's happening here then I'm not sure what's going to happen to this team. Please don't tell me to speak with them about it, they read the forums. Just needed to vent a bit frustrated and spending thousands every year and tired of getting nothing out of it other than lousy coaching

Then go talk to BS, be an adult, talk to the club make your issues known to the directors, have a discussion and see what the response is. Maybe they have a different view and can enlighten you, maybe they will step up and have one of the directors work with the girls on their problem areas. Otherwise vent to your spouse or therapist. From what I see at the practice fields, maybe it's not a coaching issue, but an attendance issue at practices. Maybe it's a catching and throwing issue. No coach is going to be able to go to the girls houses and get them to put time in on the wall. I have watched the girls doing the weave and it was a struggle for them. Seems like they need to be more self motivated and work on their game more than only on Wednesdays. It's not about plays at their age it is about clearing and moving on the transition, it's about the ride causing turnovers, it's about girls stepping up and wanting to play defense to get some wins. Get those things straight and the offense will fall into place.

Good luck, there is some talent there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just saw from the National Draw website that all Sunday games have been cancelled due to heavy rain last night and fields are unplayable today...safe trip back

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be a joy to share the sideline with - or even worse, the car on the drive home. I feel sorry for your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hopefully TG teams will get out of their pools this weekend at ND. Good luck!

Didn't see all your YJ teams get out of pool play. None of your second teams made it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't see all your YJ teams get out of pool play. None of your second teams made it.

2022 Final - YJ Russ vs. YJ Harney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
safe trip home everyone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rain did 2018 purple and white a favor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that these two teams didn't have a good day Saturday but they both deserve better attention from the club. Both teams have some good players. Purple team lost one of the coaches when the club felt they were needed for another team. Doesn't leave the kids feeling important to the club. The remaining coach is very nice but someone needs to step up and tell the girls to move the ball and play as a TEAM!!!

Trying to keep running the ball selfishly ruined both games. Bill smith did attend purples second game BUT encouraged some of the selfish play.

Hopeful balance of tournaments go better. Have a good night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that these two teams didn't have a good day Saturday but they both deserve better attention from the club. Both teams have some good players. Purple team lost one of the coaches when the club felt they were needed for another team. Doesn't leave the kids feeling important to the club. The remaining coach is very nice but someone needs to step up and tell the girls to move the ball and play as a TEAM!!!

Trying to keep running the ball selfishly ruined both games. Bill smith did attend purples second game BUT encouraged some of the selfish play.

If you took 10 girls from purple and 10 girls from white with their goalie, you would have a very good team. Both teams have girls that shouldn't be playing travel lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you took 10 girls from purple and 10 girls from white with their goalie, you would have a very good team. Both teams have girls that shouldn't be playing travel lacrosse.

Its great that all the girls play - except for the ones who don't go to practice. If you can't show up for practice, without a legitimate reason, you shouldn't play. There are girls on one of these teams who play key positions who don't practice yet get half the game time in tournaments. It's disrespectful to teammates and the club.

Like Reply Quote
Page 175 of 220 1 2 173 174 175 176 177 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard