Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would put Skywalkers in 4th behind M&D Hero's MD United if you look at it top to bottom from 2023-2032. Skywalkers better than MDU as a whole in HS age groups, traditionally and at moment but MDU prob better at every age group under High School and in many grad years, by large margin.

I think Skywalkers continues to be a good option, but I'm not sure Coppermine and Skywalkers can both be great at same grad year.

Within the next year or two, the SW 2029 team will be just like the SW 27 team. Look where they were two years ago, probably in similar position as the SW 29 team is now. Yet, the SW 27 team has quickly become a top team. .

SW Blue 27 was ranked in the 40s in 2022.
They are now 17th but closer inspection of their schedule reveals they have not had one quality win. They have been blowing out B teams.
Their marquee win was 13-6 over 22nd ranked Philly Blast.

Evidence of improvement over 2022? Yes, evidence of being a "top team". I wouldn't say that.

And they just came within a goal of beating the 27 M&D team in the indoor league.

Point being the OP about them falling off is a joke and lame excuse to jump clubs mid year. However, as one SW parent said, good riddance. Family seems to be an issue anyway.

1) Its indoor, no draws
2) Its indoor, refs can completely change the game
3) Its indoor, with M&D using a splitsquad.

I'm glad Skywalkers is improving, but that's not the flex you think it is. We need more competitive teams, especially after what happened to NEMS, Integrity and M&D Shore this fall.

We need less club teams... when 6th grade has 16 A teams and 20+ B teams, the pool is diluted. Unfortunately, money talks and everyone now thinks they are club level.