Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crabs is and always will be a target for these kinds of attacks. Usually the best teams will. I know that the youngest Crabs team has 0 playbacks. They are very good and well coached. They will win a lot this year and may loose a few as well. After every win you will hear parents claim foul and crabs cheats. Parents seem to need to find a way to make excuses for a loss instead of moving on and getting better. I find it quite funny to sit back and listen to parents on the sideline

The youngest Crabs team is 2023, so these kids are 10 years old and most likely at this point have not been held back.
However, moving forward in the Crabs program, at some point, usually when they are approaching 7th or 8th grade, many will be approached and advised that if they wish to remain with the program they will need to repeat a grade.
This is how Ryan M works the grade base system and if you look at Crabs 2021 and especially the 2020 team for this year, there are many holdbacks. The 2020 team even has two double holdbacks.
This is the sole reason why Crabs is a target, is simply because they violate the true spirit of grade base lacrosse.
Yes, other parents will, at times, [lacrosse] about
Crabs, but it is simply for the reason they violate the system. When a team does lose to Crabs, most do not count it as a loss, they simply know that they played a team much older and bigger, again, how Ryan McClernan "works" the system.
Most club teams have holdbacks, usually 1 to 3, but Crabs 2020 has a crap load of holdbacks. Go watch this team, you can look at the players and quickly tell they are not 13 or 14 years old, most are approaching 15 by this spring and a few close to 16.
Why parents would let their kids participate in this kind environment is beyond me. This is not teaching them proper life lessons.
The above info is correct as we know of several players on 2020 who were approached and asked to repeat a grade to remain with Crabs. There is no way I would ever let my son play for this organization and he has no desire to. He plays with another 2020 elite team that has a few holdbacks, and they were for pure academic reasons, not for lacrosse.

academic holdback is still wrong.