@BackOfTheCAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group
Should be a interesting year for this age group with them beginning MS ball for most with a few possibly getting JV spots and a few will stop playing altogether
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Should be a interesting year for this age group with them beginning MS ball for most with a few possibly getting JV spots and a few will stop playing altogether

and a few coming out of the woodwork!!!

No one in this age group is getting JV from TG or YJ unless they have political connects. Weak age group.
You may be right and there is zero wrong wth no 7th grader making a JV team but That is a rather bold statement assuming you don't know every girl on YJ and TG teams nor the make up of their respective high school JV teams

There has been quite a bit of turnover in the MD club teams.
What are the qualifications needed to play for YJ teams? Must I be a resident of NY? If I live in Maryland and could travel to NY on weekends would my child be able to play for your team? Mid week practices during the school year would be impossible but assuming my child made the team would that be ok?
What are the qualifications needed to play for YJ teams? Must I be a resident of NY? If I live in Maryland and could travel to NY on weekends would my child be able to play for your team? Mid week practices during the school year would be impossible but assuming my child made the team would that be ok?

Yes she can play for YJ. No need to travel to NY on weekend, most weekends are tournaments in MD or down your way. Early spring practices are on weekends in NY then summer practices are weekdays. Girls from much further than MD have and still do play for YJ. VA, NC and FL girls come to mind.

There are a number of young ladies from out of state who tryout and play for YJ. Florida, North Carolina, New Jersey just to name a few.

Why would you want to when you have all the MD teams to choose from?
what did you get cut from the superior md teams all 7 of them or at least the top 4 worth playing for?

Why would you want to when you have all the MD teams to choose from?
It was a hypothetical question. Thank you.
what did you get cut from the superior md teams all 7 of them or at least the top 4 worth playing for?
No, but thank you for your concern.

Yes she can play for YJ. No need to travel to NY on weekend, most weekends are tournaments in MD or down your way. Early spring practices are on weekends in NY then summer practices are weekdays. Girls from much further than MD have and still do play for YJ. VA, NC and FL girls come to mind.
Thank you for the information.
There has been quite a bit of turnover in the MD club teams.

??
Crickets ---
Crickets ---

What do you want to talk about??
Anyone know why YJ withdrew from the Prime Time Young Guns. We were looking forward to the tough competition.
Anyone know why YJ withdrew from the Prime Time Young Guns. We were looking forward to the tough competition.

Maybe because CR makes it unaffordable charging over twice the actual tournament fee. Disgraceful for fall ball, which is why many YJ girls are choosing pick up teams for half the price

You must be new. YJ doesn't sent real teams to fall tournaments. they are open to whoever wants to come from the 3-5 teams they have at the age.

Why would she pull out of her own tournament??

Maybe because CR makes it unaffordable charging over twice the actual tournament fee. Disgraceful for fall ball, which is why many YJ girls are choosing pick up teams for half the price

This makes no sense. It's her own tournament.
Prime Time Young Guns is marketed as a recruiting tournament. According to the 2016/17 NCAA recruiting calendar, it is, indeed, not a tournament where coaches/scouts will be in attendance(exception- the parents who pretend to be scouts). Maybe this is why they pulled out? Because this tourney just went to [lacrosse] if it is in fact NOT a showcase nor a championship style format. It just became a playday.

"Prime Time Young Guns/Fall Fest is a one-day tournament and premier recruiting event for the classes of 2021 – 2025 with all recommendations of the Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) included."

And relax people, not worked up about this, just reading in other forums, and this topic was brought up in a 2021 forum. Just stating it could be a reason for YJ pulling out.
Prime Time Young Guns is marketed as a recruiting tournament. According to the 2016/17 NCAA recruiting calendar, it is, indeed, not a tournament where coaches/scouts will be in attendance(exception- the parents who pretend to be scouts). Maybe this is why they pulled out? Because this tourney just went to [lacrosse] if it is in fact NOT a showcase nor a championship style format. It just became a playday.

"Prime Time Young Guns/Fall Fest is a one-day tournament and premier recruiting event for the classes of 2021 – 2025 with all recommendations of the Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) included."

And relax people, not worked up about this, just reading in other forums, and this topic was brought up in a 2021 forum. Just stating it could be a reason for YJ pulling out.

The other thread is wrong, this tournament is during a Contact Period, which allows both evaluation and contact.

All fall jy tourneys are optional PAYG so maybe there were not enough takers to field a team.

The other thread is wrong, this tournament is during a Contact Period, which allows both evaluation and contact.

All fall jy tourneys are optional PAYG so maybe there were not enough takers to field a team.

You are absolutely incorrect. Contact periods specifically prohibit evaluations of games. Go look at bylaw 13.17.6 of the compliance guidelines.

The exact example given is that a coach wants to go to a tournament that's first day is a Contact Period Day and the last two days are an Evaluation period. It clearly states that the coach can only watch games on the last two days.

The fall evaluation periods are the 3 weekends before Thanksgiving starting at 5pm on the Friday. Any tournaments outside of those weekends are not able to be watched by the coaches.

This makes no sense. It's her own tournament.

Well, she marks up the cost to at least 100% more than the actual tournament entry fee

A "premier recruiting event for the classes of 2021 – 2025" - that's insane. If anybody is thinking beyond "I hope by daughter goes to college and gets a good education" at 9, 10, 11, 12 or 13 years old you should have your head examined.

This is not correct. For Women's Lacrosse, during contact periods, they can only watch events at the player's school.

13.1.7.3.1 Evaluations During Contact Periods—Women’s Lacrosse. Evaluations of live athletics
activities during a contact period shall be limited to: [D] (Adopted: 4/8/16 effective 9/1/16)
(a) Regularly scheduled high school, preparatory school and two-year college contests/tournaments and
practices; and
(b) Regular scholastic activities involving prospective students-athletes enrolled only at the institution
where the regular scholastic activities occur.
Thank you for info you are correct, this is an exception to rules for womens lacrosse recently adopted, I was unaware.
What are the toughest 2022 teams at Prime Time Young Guns? There are some I have not heard of...Rip and Run? Salt City? and are you all saying Yellow Jackets will not be there? or just no the A team??
What are the toughest 2022 teams at Prime Time Young Guns? There are some I have not heard of...Rip and Run? Salt City? and are you all saying Yellow Jackets will not be there? or just no the A team??

YJ never has "A" teams at fall tournaments. They are open to everyone at the age that wants to drive down to MD for the day.

Why arent the Yellow Jacket 22's coming down to Md this weekend ?
Why arent the Yellow Jacket 22's coming down to Md this weekend ?

For Chesapeake Invitational? Either they were not extended an invite or they declined one. 2021 will be there.
What tournament is the Top Guns 2022 playing in this weekend?
YJ 2022 can barely field a team for the Lax for the Cure in two weeks.. only 13-14 players from the three teams.( plus a few walk ons)
YJ 2022 can barely field a team for the Lax for the Cure in two weeks.. only 13-14 players from the three teams.( plus a few walk ons)

Plus a few walk ons that's funny
So it more like 10 YJ out of 45/50 girls between the 3 rosters
With 2021 girls committing already this is getting younger and younger are the 2022 girls actually going to be looked out this summer?

More like 70 girls from each team ( each team carries at least 24, sometimes more)
the walk-ons would be girls from other clubs who tried out or were offered a spot on a team, that are not on any roster. The rosters for 2017 wont be announced until December
With 2021 girls committing already this is getting younger and younger are the 2022 girls actually going to be looked out this summer?

Haven't heard of one 2021 committed yet. Can't imagine that information is correct.

Haven't heard of one 2021 committed yet. Can't imagine that information is correct.

THere was a Navy Commit.

YJ 2021 committed to Navy last week.

Plus a couple girls are actually 2023's.

THere was a Navy Commit.

She may have given them a verbal but you can not be considered for enrollment until your are 17
Basic Requirements for Eligibility:

United States citizen:
Good moral character;
At least 17 and not past their 23rd birthday on 1 July of the year they would enter the academy;
Unmarried;
Not pregnant; and
No dependents.
If you meet all of the above requirements, please continue to Step 3: Preliminary Application.

If you are in high school but not old enough to apply, you may register with USNA. Once entered into the database, you will be forwarded information on the Naval Academy Summer Seminar during the winter of your junior year and be able to apply online during February and March. This application will also serve as a preliminary application to the Naval Academy.
https://www.usna.edu/Admissions/Steps-for-Admission/

Why is no one talking about Monster 2022 and their use of helmets ?...maybe you guys havent seen them since theyve been down in Md playing the past 2 weeks, but its creating some discussion. Are any other NY teams using them ?
Why is no one talking about Monster 2022 and their use of helmets ?...maybe you guys havent seen them since theyve been down in Md playing the past 2 weeks, but its creating some discussion. Are any other NY teams using them ?

Here's a thought. No way in [lacrosse] should a team wearing helmets be allowed to play a team without helmets! Either both wear them or neither team wears them. It is like asking your HS football team not to wear equipment this week, go out and play a team wearing equipment. Tournament organizers should not allow this to happen. It is a lawsuit waiting to happen.
they lower their heads because they have helmets and then the opposing girl gets called for s stick in the sphere. Monster 2022 = Bush league. cant wait for the summer if they come back to MD/

Here's a thought. No way in [lacrosse] should a team wearing helmets be allowed to play a team without helmets! Either both wear them or neither team wears them. It is like asking your HS football team not to wear equipment this week, go out and play a team wearing equipment. Tournament organizers should not allow this to happen. It is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Agree 150%.
Monster is from where?
Rochester
Bunch of "tools"
Hey, check this out. There's someone on the Maryland Girls 2022 forum that said they don't want Heros included in the same group as TLC Red and Redshirts. They called those two clubs "clown teams". Heros wishes they were good enough to be called a "clown team".
Why is the BBP coach publishing the names of young ladies? I dunno, but I think it is pretty dumb.
Why is the BBP coach publishing the names of young ladies? I dunno, but I think it is pretty dumb.

Why are you posting your question on this thread, rather than the one he put the names on?
Coach needs to check himself, totally inappropriate! Mostly because he's claiming his own daughter is s difference maker??
This is the same person stirring the pot on the 2023 site. Go get a life! He is responding to all of your disgusting nonsense!
This is the same person stirring the pot on the 2023 site. Go get a life! He is responding to all of your disgusting nonsense!

Not true. I'm not aware of anything specific, saw the post and thought I would be pissed if someone named my kids. At this point the details don't matter. Be smart about what you post. Isn't that what we tell the kids?

^^^^Totally agree!

Agree 150%.
With no MD teams at the National Championship does that make YJ the hands on favorite?
YJ is the favorite, especially without top MD teams playing, but other clubs are catching up. The lax Genesis is more of a national championship because the MD teams do participate in that and it's a championship format.
The 22 pool seems weak. No MD teams.
http://www.uslacrosse.org/events/tournaments/national-championships#venue

13U Division (12-Team Capacity)
3d Select National (Colo.)
Lax Maniax (Fla.)
Liberty (N.Y.)
NXT 2022 (Pa.)
Storm Elite 2022 (Va.)
Top Guns 2022 (N.Y.)
Ultimate Elite 2022 (Pa./N.J.)
Yellow Jackets 2022 Blue (N.Y.)
Yellow Jackets 2022 Gold (N.Y.)
YJ is the favorite, especially without top MD teams playing, but other clubs are catching up. The lax Genesis is more of a national championship because the MD teams do participate in that and it's a championship format.

Except this is the US Lacrosse National Championship, run by US Lacrosse, and the winner is the National Champion whether the stupid MD teams decide to show up or not. It's a far drive for them, I know.

Except this is the US Lacrosse National Championship, run by US Lacrosse, and the winner is the National Champion whether the stupid MD teams decide to show up or not. It's a far drive for them, I know.

national championship in name only. It is a lot of travel for MD teams to face mediocre competition.

14U Division (16-Team Capacity)

13U Division (12-Team Capacity)

12U Division (8-Team Capacity)

You're kidding, right? A) it is sanctioned and run by the national governing body so it is the national championship whether the MD teams choose to participate or not. 2) The event is one state away from MD. Teams are traveling from California to participate. I think the people from Maryland could survive a short car ride to prove their alleged awesomeness.

Or C) is it the age validation that keeps them away? Of course it is. Let's go with choice C because THAT is why the MD teams don't participate.
You're kidding, right? A) it is sanctioned and run by the national governing body so it is the national championship whether the MD teams choose to participate or not. 2) The event is one state away from MD. Teams are traveling from California to participate. I think the people from Maryland could survive a short car ride to prove their alleged awesomeness.

Or C) is it the age validation that keeps them away? Of course it is. Let's go with choice C because THAT is why the MD teams don't participate.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Hold that Trophy High !

Why would the Md teams go when there are more competitive tournaments in our own back yard. Competition comes to us.

This isnt boys lacrosse....there are probably more holdbacks in LI than Md.

Why would the Md teams go when there are more competitive tournaments in our own back yard. Competition comes to us.

Yes, LI hold backs. See choice C). Age verification. Are you done with your excuses yet?
when your the big dogs on the porch why leave your yard. the big 4 teams of the MD 2022 will embarrass the YJ team.
[quote=Anonymous]when your the big dogs on the porch why leave your yard. the big 4 teams of the MD 2022 will embarrass the YJ team.

Talk is cheap. We'll see you at the mid atlantic tournament this summer.
when your the big dogs on the porch why leave your yard. the big 4 teams of the MD 2022 will embarrass the YJ team.

who are the MD big 4? YJ will crush them
YJ are getting revved up and are ready to wreck MD as always. you'll watch and see
dont forget ur RED cups and your YJ tee shirt and Hat...Go wreck em= LOSER
instead good luck to all the girls trying out for MS lacrosse.
keep looking int he mirror and keep telling yourself YJ 2022 is significant. what happened last year at the Mid Atlantic. they did not do so well if i remember correctly. and if you have to ask who the big 4 in md are then you are a clown!
keep looking int he mirror and keep telling yourself YJ 2022 is significant. what happened last year at the Mid Atlantic. they did not do so well if i remember correctly. and if you have to ask who the big 4 in md are then you are a clown!

YJ 2022 was pummeled last year at Mid Atlantic. YJ 2022 would probably be a 6th or 7th if they played with the MD teams, and they are not getting any better.

Yes, LI hold backs. See choice C). Age verification. Are you done with your excuses yet?

Why would MD teams travel to play inferior teams from across the country? MD teams have the best competition in their own back yard. Winning the NYPGLL is something to brag about, not some silly national lacrosse "championship"...

There is a big 1 in Maryland. M&D black. Second tier there are two more, Skywalkers blue and Heros green. Then a large gap and then 4, which is a toss up. Don't know this particular age group, but that's how it is across nearly all the other age groups and how this age group will eventually develop as well.

wow...you're a little touchy about this...You must be a heros parent

There is a big 1 in Maryland. M&D black. Second tier there are two more, Skywalkers blue and Heros green. Then a large gap and then 4, which is a toss up. Don't know this particular age group, but that's how it is across nearly all the other age groups and how this age group will eventually develop as well.

Skywalkers Blue...hahah, that's a joke right? You have to be a Skywalker parent.

current MD spring league records:
Heros 2-0
SW 2-0
M&D 1-0
TLC 1-1
with that tool bag response you must be a YJ 2022 parent

YJ 2022 was pummeled last year at Mid Atlantic. YJ 2022 would probably be a 6th or 7th if they played with the MD teams, and they are not getting any better.

That tournament was the first of the year for YJ, while Md teams had their spring league and were in much better form. YJ improved as the summer progressed and played much better. A bit much to say they were pummeled lost two games by 1 by a goal the other by 4.
YJ has been practicing since early November and hasn't and wont play a game against any team until June.. that's the difference! edge to Md for having a spring league
[quote=Anonymous]keep looking int he mirror and keep telling yourself YJ 2022 is significant. what happened last year at the Mid Atlantic. they did not do so well if i remember correctly. and if you have to ask who the big 4 in md are then you are a clown!

That tournament was the first of the year for YJ, while Md teams had their spring league and were in much better form. YJ improved as the summer progressed and played much better. A bit much to say they were pummeled lost two games by 1 by a goal the other by 4.
YJ has been practicing since early November and hasn't and wont play a game against any team until June.. that's the difference! edge to Md for having a spring league

YJ 22 will be at Lax for the Cure we'll let our play do the talking.
[quote=Anonymous]keep looking int he mirror and keep telling yourself YJ 2022 is significant. what happened last year at the Mid Atlantic. they did not do so well if i remember correctly. and if you have to ask who the big 4 in md are then you are a clown!

YJ 22 will be at Lax for the Cure we'll let our play do the talking.

'YJ 22 will be at Lax for the Cure we'll let our play do the talking'
Oh thank god. Can you tell all your other age groups to do the same?

Thanks,
BOTC community
Let me get this straight going up against the md teams YJ lost 3 games in 1 tournament. OUCH! Is that what you were saying in LI speak.
with that tool bag response you must be a YJ 2022 parent

"tool bag". I haven't heard that term since the mid 80's when I played against Nassau CC. That's all their players would call each other...you must be from LI

Skywalkers Blue...hahah, that's a joke right? You have to be a Skywalker parent.

they may be a skywalkers parent, but that doesnt mean they are wrong
Let me get this straight going up against the md teams YJ lost 3 games in 1 tournament. OUCH! Is that what you were saying in LI speak.

No, they lost two of 4.. as the Summer progressed we beat and tied ( lost in OT ) to the two teams mentioned.
like I said those games were YJ's first since the previous summer, just like our first game action will take place this coming June...

For obvious reasons the Md model is superior, but you don't need to a d1ck about it

As far as Maryland clubs go, M&D is stand alone at the top. Heros and Skywalkers undoubtably the next best two. The rest are not worth mentioning in this conversation. Are you trying to say Skywalkers don't belong ? They absolutely do!

As far as Maryland clubs go, M&D is stand alone at the top. Heros and Skywalkers undoubtably the next best two. The rest are not worth mentioning in this conversation. Are you trying to say Skywalkers don't belong ? They absolutely do!
as of now Skywalkers looks legit. Also TLC and C2 always come away with a few surprising wins

as of now Skywalkers looks legit. Also TLC and C2 always come away with a few surprising wins

Skywalkers better than TLC and C2? I don't think so.

No, they lost two of 4.. as the Summer progressed we beat and tied ( lost in OT ) to the two teams mentioned.
like I said those games were YJ's first since the previous summer, just like our first game action will take place this coming June...

For obvious reasons the Md model is superior, but you don't need to a d1ck about it

Yes they do, they're from Maryland. It's inbred.

current MD spring league records:
Heros 2-0
SW 2-0
M&D 1-0
TLC 1-1

Heros 2-0 after playing insignificant teams.
M&d black is king in MD
M&d black is king in MD

Would they be queen
Just saying
Travel lax on LI and NY need to go the way of travel soccer and add league play and not just have tournament play
Yes, then we wont have to hear the yearly whining how md teams play more games in the spring, that md teams are better prepared for the summer season. Especially when they put a beating on LI teams
Is Monster coming to MD tournaments this summer wearing helmets? The 2022 team had helmets this past fall.
A few tournaments in now, anyone notice if there have been any interest from college coaches for this age group... or have the new rules pushed this back a few years?
Seriously
Seriously

Nah... just trying to revive the thread...its been quiet
Glad YJ went to some small tournaments and beat up the rec teams wearing club uniforms. Sorry you guys didn't come to MD AND PLAY AGAINST SOME REAL COMPETITION.
Glad YJ went to some small tournaments and beat up the rec teams wearing club uniforms. Sorry you guys didn't come to MD AND PLAY AGAINST SOME REAL COMPETITION.

Seems to be the trend at all age levels and when they do go they play weekeast MD teams?

Seems to be the trend at all age levels and when they do go they play weekeast MD teams?

Yup, we is scare't of yooze Marylanders
Rule change on recruiting guidelines is a great thing
Leave the girls alone
Let them hone skills
Enjoy the game
Get them acclimated to being student athletes

Finally a big tournament coming up this weekend. Any predictions?
http://www.laxforthecure.com/schedule-2/

I think that Elevate will surprise people and give M&D and SW's a tough game this weekend. Looking forward to it!

I think that Elevate will surprise people and give M&D and SW's a tough game this weekend. Looking forward to it!

Last year Elevate went 0-3-1

And that was last year
I'm sure the team is looking to improve on last years event
Wins will come
It's about improvement
Some parents get wat to caught up in wins and losses

And that was last year
Wins will come
It's about improvement

It's not tough to improve on 0-3-1. Going to a weaker pool should give the parents the false-positive they are looking for.

Elevate? Seriously? I cant see them beating MD or SW. I watched them play and the aren't very good. Also, the coaching (parent coaching) on that team isn't very good. They have OK talent but need better coaching if they want to get better!

And that was last year
Wins will come
It's about improvement

You are right, it is about the improvement. most parents get caught up in the w/l's. that is the biggest problem with these tournaments. you can usually tell how a team did by the parents look and reaction. the girls are smiling 2 minutes after the game win or lose.
I would be very surprised if any NJ/NY team reaches the semis or finals.
Agreed it will be a stretch to see any of them in the finals !

YJ Russell will make semi finals if not finals
bahaaa i get jokes!!!
Elevate will not beat M&D or SW. Their wins will be Dewlax and Legacy, and maybe Stars if it comes down to last possession and Elevate has the ball.

YJ can because they are in the only brackets that takes the 1st and 2nd place finishers. In all the other brackets only the 1st place team goes on. All they have to do is beat beat 2 of the 3 MD teams they play, TLC, Heros or MD United
Is the whole travel experience about winning championships and brackets?
Reality check, YJ Russell has zero chance against Hero's and should lose to MD united.
Reality check, YJ Russell has zero chance against Hero's and should lose to MD united.

The Hero's game will be a fun one to witness, on the field and on the sideline.

Is the whole travel experience about winning championships and brackets?

only if you play for heros or M&D
not the LI teams?
If you want participation trophies go to rec.
On a more serious note , has YJ beaten a top Maryland team in the past 2 years?

Yes. Hero's at Laxin Out Loud last summer.

YJ A - Beat heros green last year at lax for cure

Elevate did much better 1-3 vs 0-3-1 last year

Elevate did much better 1-3 vs 0-3-1 last year

Elevate only went 1-3 this weekend? I thought they would have a better showing than that. Did any of their teams in any age group make the playoffs?
Great prediction, 7-6 during pool play and beat MD United. Made it to the finals, beat some good teams on the way to the finals. Im not a fan of YJ but the hate on here for all the long island teams is a crazy. TOP GUNS was competitive too. Maybe not the best teams out there but very competitive.
YJ 2022 is a good, physical team. enjoyed playing them for 2 games. will look to play them again in the Robinson CUP (spring club Championships) in Owings mills. It was Heros weekend . That makes 3 out of 4 spring and summer tournaments. I think Heros and YJ have the two top goalies in the 2022's. monster up to their old tricks trying to run clock off questioning rules with a running clock. At least the refs knew it and stopped the clock. Last year the whole team ran off sides, and before the refs could figure it out the time clock expired. Bush League.
Anyone going to T3 best if the beach on July 15/16
Anyone going to T3 best if the beach on July 15/16

No. Summer Club Championships in Baltimore. Best of the Beach is a joke.
Crickets
Any summer championship results ??
Crickets
Any summer championship results ??

Yellow Jackets, Top Gun and Monster bring some great competition to the table down in Md. Come down more often !

Grizzlies win TG/Hofstra tourney, wow!! Liberty Black was 4-0 verse them this summer.
Grizzlies win TG/Hofstra tourney, wow!! Liberty Black was 4-0 verse them this summer.

Liberty was Not at Hofstra
So why is this a Wow
Grizzles played solid good lax all weekend
They beat all teams infront of them
Hats off
Nice way to end the summer
Congrats to the Grizzlies on winning the tourney. I think the wow part was that TG went 2-2 and TE going 1-3!
[quote=Anonymous]Congrats to the Grizzlies on winning the tourney. I think the wow part was that TG went 2-2 and TE going 1-3!

What happened to TG in this age group?
TE seemed to improve since last year but couldn't get the job done. TG does not know how to use their talent lots of athletes on TG but not organized team coaching needs to get better or the yj will come calling
© US Lacrosse Community Forum