BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Girls 2022 - 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2022 - 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be a interesting year for this age group with them beginning MS ball for most with a few possibly getting JV spots and a few will stop playing altogether

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Should be a interesting year for this age group with them beginning MS ball for most with a few possibly getting JV spots and a few will stop playing altogether

and a few coming out of the woodwork!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one in this age group is getting JV from TG or YJ unless they have political connects. Weak age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You may be right and there is zero wrong wth no 7th grader making a JV team but That is a rather bold statement assuming you don't know every girl on YJ and TG teams nor the make up of their respective high school JV teams

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There has been quite a bit of turnover in the MD club teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the qualifications needed to play for YJ teams? Must I be a resident of NY? If I live in Maryland and could travel to NY on weekends would my child be able to play for your team? Mid week practices during the school year would be impossible but assuming my child made the team would that be ok?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the qualifications needed to play for YJ teams? Must I be a resident of NY? If I live in Maryland and could travel to NY on weekends would my child be able to play for your team? Mid week practices during the school year would be impossible but assuming my child made the team would that be ok?

Yes she can play for YJ. No need to travel to NY on weekend, most weekends are tournaments in MD or down your way. Early spring practices are on weekends in NY then summer practices are weekdays. Girls from much further than MD have and still do play for YJ. VA, NC and FL girls come to mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a number of young ladies from out of state who tryout and play for YJ. Florida, North Carolina, New Jersey just to name a few.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you want to when you have all the MD teams to choose from?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what did you get cut from the superior md teams all 7 of them or at least the top 4 worth playing for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you want to when you have all the MD teams to choose from?
It was a hypothetical question. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what did you get cut from the superior md teams all 7 of them or at least the top 4 worth playing for?
No, but thank you for your concern.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes she can play for YJ. No need to travel to NY on weekend, most weekends are tournaments in MD or down your way. Early spring practices are on weekends in NY then summer practices are weekdays. Girls from much further than MD have and still do play for YJ. VA, NC and FL girls come to mind.
Thank you for the information.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There has been quite a bit of turnover in the MD club teams.

??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crickets ---

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crickets ---

What do you want to talk about??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know why YJ withdrew from the Prime Time Young Guns. We were looking forward to the tough competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know why YJ withdrew from the Prime Time Young Guns. We were looking forward to the tough competition.

Maybe because CR makes it unaffordable charging over twice the actual tournament fee. Disgraceful for fall ball, which is why many YJ girls are choosing pick up teams for half the price

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be new. YJ doesn't sent real teams to fall tournaments. they are open to whoever wants to come from the 3-5 teams they have at the age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would she pull out of her own tournament??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe because CR makes it unaffordable charging over twice the actual tournament fee. Disgraceful for fall ball, which is why many YJ girls are choosing pick up teams for half the price

This makes no sense. It's her own tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time Young Guns is marketed as a recruiting tournament. According to the 2016/17 NCAA recruiting calendar, it is, indeed, not a tournament where coaches/scouts will be in attendance(exception- the parents who pretend to be scouts). Maybe this is why they pulled out? Because this tourney just went to [lacrosse] if it is in fact NOT a showcase nor a championship style format. It just became a playday.

"Prime Time Young Guns/Fall Fest is a one-day tournament and premier recruiting event for the classes of 2021 – 2025 with all recommendations of the Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) included."

And relax people, not worked up about this, just reading in other forums, and this topic was brought up in a 2021 forum. Just stating it could be a reason for YJ pulling out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time Young Guns is marketed as a recruiting tournament. According to the 2016/17 NCAA recruiting calendar, it is, indeed, not a tournament where coaches/scouts will be in attendance(exception- the parents who pretend to be scouts). Maybe this is why they pulled out? Because this tourney just went to [lacrosse] if it is in fact NOT a showcase nor a championship style format. It just became a playday.

"Prime Time Young Guns/Fall Fest is a one-day tournament and premier recruiting event for the classes of 2021 – 2025 with all recommendations of the Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) included."

And relax people, not worked up about this, just reading in other forums, and this topic was brought up in a 2021 forum. Just stating it could be a reason for YJ pulling out.

The other thread is wrong, this tournament is during a Contact Period, which allows both evaluation and contact.

All fall jy tourneys are optional PAYG so maybe there were not enough takers to field a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The other thread is wrong, this tournament is during a Contact Period, which allows both evaluation and contact.

All fall jy tourneys are optional PAYG so maybe there were not enough takers to field a team.

You are absolutely incorrect. Contact periods specifically prohibit evaluations of games. Go look at bylaw 13.17.6 of the compliance guidelines.

The exact example given is that a coach wants to go to a tournament that's first day is a Contact Period Day and the last two days are an Evaluation period. It clearly states that the coach can only watch games on the last two days.

The fall evaluation periods are the 3 weekends before Thanksgiving starting at 5pm on the Friday. Any tournaments outside of those weekends are not able to be watched by the coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This makes no sense. It's her own tournament.

Well, she marks up the cost to at least 100% more than the actual tournament entry fee

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A "premier recruiting event for the classes of 2021 – 2025" - that's insane. If anybody is thinking beyond "I hope by daughter goes to college and gets a good education" at 9, 10, 11, 12 or 13 years old you should have your head examined.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not correct. For Women's Lacrosse, during contact periods, they can only watch events at the player's school.

13.1.7.3.1 Evaluations During Contact Periods—Women’s Lacrosse. Evaluations of live athletics
activities during a contact period shall be limited to: [D] (Adopted: 4/8/16 effective 9/1/16)
(a) Regularly scheduled high school, preparatory school and two-year college contests/tournaments and
practices; and
(b) Regular scholastic activities involving prospective students-athletes enrolled only at the institution
where the regular scholastic activities occur.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for info you are correct, this is an exception to rules for womens lacrosse recently adopted, I was unaware.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the toughest 2022 teams at Prime Time Young Guns? There are some I have not heard of...Rip and Run? Salt City? and are you all saying Yellow Jackets will not be there? or just no the A team??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the toughest 2022 teams at Prime Time Young Guns? There are some I have not heard of...Rip and Run? Salt City? and are you all saying Yellow Jackets will not be there? or just no the A team??

YJ never has "A" teams at fall tournaments. They are open to everyone at the age that wants to drive down to MD for the day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why arent the Yellow Jacket 22's coming down to Md this weekend ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why arent the Yellow Jacket 22's coming down to Md this weekend ?

For Chesapeake Invitational? Either they were not extended an invite or they declined one. 2021 will be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournament is the Top Guns 2022 playing in this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2022 can barely field a team for the Lax for the Cure in two weeks.. only 13-14 players from the three teams.( plus a few walk ons)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2022 can barely field a team for the Lax for the Cure in two weeks.. only 13-14 players from the three teams.( plus a few walk ons)

Plus a few walk ons that's funny
So it more like 10 YJ out of 45/50 girls between the 3 rosters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With 2021 girls committing already this is getting younger and younger are the 2022 girls actually going to be looked out this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plus a few walk ons that's funny
So it more like 10 YJ out of 45/50 girls between the 3 rosters

More like 70 girls from each team ( each team carries at least 24, sometimes more)
the walk-ons would be girls from other clubs who tried out or were offered a spot on a team, that are not on any roster. The rosters for 2017 wont be announced until December

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With 2021 girls committing already this is getting younger and younger are the 2022 girls actually going to be looked out this summer?

Haven't heard of one 2021 committed yet. Can't imagine that information is correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haven't heard of one 2021 committed yet. Can't imagine that information is correct.

THere was a Navy Commit.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard