BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21
Re: Girls 2019 - 10th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should be a good answer, cant wait to hear the logic.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So when you say there are 4 betters teams then them, that would mean those other teams would have winning records against them, correct?

M&D, Heros, Skywalkers, Capital, TLC, Mass Elite probably more ... All at least as good. In the case of M&D, not even a discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The YJ B team is almost as good as A. But A isn't as good as a usual YJ team. And look out below the 19's. It goes downhill from there. No wonder CR is trying to get out now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The YJ B team is almost as good as A. But A isn't as good as a usual YJ team. And look out below the 19's. It goes downhill from there. No wonder CR is trying to get out now.

Yep. The 20's are not good, and since she can read the writing on the tarnished wall, she is punching out! Doesn't want to go down with the ship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when you say there are 4 betters teams then them, that would mean those other teams would have winning records against them, correct?

M&D, Heros, Skywalkers, Capital, TLC, Mass Elite probably more ... All at least as good. In the case of M&D, not even a discussion.

How did it work out for M&D at lax for the cure this summer?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think your making any friends with the Heros parents, I'm pretty sure they would like to be left out of this discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So all of these teams beat YJ blue ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say based on results they are all evenly matched. Not sure if Mass elite belongs in that group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say based on results they are all evenly matched. Not sure if Mass elite belongs in that group

Funny. College coaches disagree w you. But I'm sure you know better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What results are you looking at? co-champs spring club championships, finalist summer genesis, champs nat draw, champs lax for the cure, champs u15...in championship format tournaments...2-0 vs M&D, 4-0 vs heros, 1-0 vs capital...lost to skywalkers in summer genesis final...other teams never made it deep enough in tourney to play yj...it all started with some jacka$$ stating team wasnt any good and ATLEAST 4 teams were better than them...choke on the results

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was the poster sticking up for them, but in typical YJ fashion you have to start pounding your chest and leave out some results that suit you. How about G8

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was the poster sticking up for them, but in typical YJ fashion you have to start pounding your chest and leave out some results that suit you. How about G8

Great point. loss to M&D, tie w TLC and Capital.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evidently the "G" in G8 doesn't stand for great. Any tournament with Md United and YJ 19 in it is not great. Wait...maybe the "G" stands for Good. That makes more sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evidently the "G" in G8 doesn't stand for great. Any tournament with Md United and YJ 19 in it is not great. Wait...maybe the "G" stands for Good. That makes more sense.

Lol...which teams do you consider great in this age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D and thats it....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D and thats it....

So, if a team wins 2 out of 3 against M&D, (8-4 and then 4-2 in 20 min championship game) vs losing 7-5 in a showcase...Any rational sports person would say these two teams are in the same league at least, if not saying the team that beat them twice may even be better...No chest pounding here G8 posters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol...which teams do you consider great in this age group?

On Long Island the best two teams in this age group are YJ and Liberty - we have played almost all teams in this age group from LI and these two teams are very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are our G8 pals..."great 8 should be good 8" facts got in the way of your fun? I have more results if you want, but your not going to win this one...staying away is the smart move.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are our G8 pals..."great 8 should be good 8" facts got in the way of your fun? I have more results if you want, but your not going to win this one...staying away is the smart move.

Ask Carol if its Great or good. it is her tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask Carol if its Great or good. it is her tournament

Seems like its great for recruiting...prob 60-70 kids committed...serves its purpose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
having a panic attack. the only school interested in my daughter is an Ivy. so 60k a year will just about wipe me out but I guess it could be great for her future.. the panic is around the grades. does anyone know what kind of GPA these Ivies need?? any info. would be appreciated..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
having a panic attack. the only school interested in my daughter is an Ivy. so 60k a year will just about wipe me out but I guess it could be great for her future.. the panic is around the grades. does anyone know what kind of GPA these Ivies need?? any info. would be appreciated..

First of all the Ivies have great need-based help so u very well might get some money. The grades depend on how good your daughter is and which Ivy. Hasn't the coach told you? standard comment is A's and B's in the toughest courses (honors/AP) preferably more As than Bs. But the best recruit can be a bit lower, a weaker lax player can be recruited for great grades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No the coach didn't bring it up when we met. Going for a second visit in a couple weeks. Guess I will find out then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the only school interested is an IVY? i'll venture a guess that she is an exceptional student . as previous poster pointed out the teams need a GPA stud to raise the whole teams overall GPA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well I misspoke on that. 3 or 4 other schools have reached out but she doesn't like them for one reason or another. so my worry is the grades- a 3.3 GPA. maybe I should be proactive and bring it up to them before I drive 2 hours.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well I misspoke on that. 3 or 4 other schools have reached out but she doesn't like them for one reason or another. so my worry is the grades- a 3.3 GPA. maybe I should be proactive and bring it up to them before I drive 2 hours.

A 3.3 wont work unless she's an absolute star. Also, she will need at least a 1350 SAT. Again, unless she's a star.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No the coach didn't bring it up when we met. Going for a second visit in a couple weeks. Guess I will find out then.
At Ivy's it is all about the academic index and they take UNWEIGHTED GPAs. So you can't take no AP or Honors classes, but an A counts equally in their formula AP/Honors class or not which is why the Ivy coaches will tell you only take AP/Honors in the subjects your kid is trongest in, regular classes in the others. And test scores - ACT or SAT - counts 2x your GPA for Academic Index (AI) calculations, so test scores matter a lot and can be very valuable to an Ivy coach. They have some leeway for the highest rated recruits as they need to hit an overall AI score for the whole class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's really helpful thank you..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't panic and do not listen to the majority of trolls on this site.

There are some on this sight who can offer valuable insight but most are jealous, bitter, know nothing haters.

If an Ivy is expressing interest go take a look and hear what the coach has to say. Let the coach tell you and your daughter what GPA and Test scores she will need. She is a 2019 right? There is time to pull the grades and test scores up if you need to. I do not know the Index minimum but I do know that if the coach really wants your daughter they will wait and see if she can get the required marks. Don't listen to anyone on this site who tells you that you need to have xyz in order to get into an Ivy or you will only get xyz scholarship or you will not be able to get a real degree. They are jealous, bitter, hateful POS. They think because it didn't happen for their daughter it can't happen for your daughter.

It can happen. Your daughter can find a great fit. Go for gold and always listen to the schools who express interest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ivy's have a need based tuition. It is a little different for each Ivy, but they are all pretty close, since their Alumni endowment is larger than most schools. They also take into account other financial obligations you have and where you live. If your making $125k on LI, you will probably get 30-40k in aid. The link below is the aid calculator Princeton uses and is pretty accurate. So don't stress too much. Good luck!
http://admission.princeton.edu/financialaid/estimator

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I'm confused.

If my kid is a 2019 and is committed should I:

A. Feel like a bad parent for letting them commit at a young age.
B. Realize that they will never get a good education because you can't at a D1 program

C. Fret that they will be forced to pick a major they don't want
D. Automatically assume they will never see the field
E. Realize there are a lot of jealous, uninformed parents out there always looking to put kids and their families down

Hmmm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
F. my what clever musings.... who cares ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
G. Be secure enough in your decision to not care what everyone else thinks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
H. remember when you were so concerned with everyone else and put them down. while waiting to make your big announcement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I. figure out how can I be more of a pompous [lacrosse]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe this doesn't need to go all the way to Z. has anyone looked at the photos of fall ball play days on Laxmagazine? the game is flat physical. gotta be the most physical game this side of football. these girls are jacked, and they just get that stick straight sideways and jam it into the offensive players ribs!!

all these sophomores need to be hitting the weights big time if they have any hope of surviving the punishment the game dishes out in college...no wonder the girls have black and blue tri's at the end of a season. viscous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
H. remember when you were so concerned with everyone else and put them down. while waiting to make your big announcement

Thanks for rising to the occasion and making the point. Knew you would. And knew it wouldn't take you long.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steps beat or tied all of those teams multiple time...Steps 8-7 over Heroes Steps tie Skywalkers 7-7 Steps Beats Mass Elite all at the G8 Fall 2015 Steps beats YJ19 6-5 and Tops Guns 7-6 hmmmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steps beat or tied all of those teams multiple time...Steps 8-7 over Heroes Steps tie Skywalkers 7-7 Steps Beats Mass Elite all at the G8 Fall 2015 Steps beats YJ19 6-5 and Tops Guns 7-6 hmmmm

What i see are teams very close to each other, why the bragadisimo. Id say way to go all of those teams!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I completely agree. they all play very close games and on any given day the games can go either way...just think Steps needs to be mentioned in the conversation once in a while. all good

Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard