BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,735
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MARYLAND FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Saw an Apex Lax video about the Gilman FO kid seems like the real deal

Hi Chris!!! Hope all is well!!

Outside of the Severn Kid there isn’t much completion at the Dot in the MIAA. May be the worst group in a long time, so anyone with some talent will look like the real deal.[/quote]

St Pauls Parent here,

After watching the gilman vs severn game I can tell you that this is not the case. The sophomore went to battle with the senior and may not have been exactly 50% but was right there. Kids got a promising future ahead of him.[/quote]
I think the Gilman FOGO jumped offsides 10 times and was called for at least 6-7 of those 10. The Gilman fogo racked up penalties for jumping early and lining up illegally in both half’s of the game vs. Severn. Elite players don’t do this. I would not call this holding his own or even close to 50/50. These kind of 101 mistakes will not transition well at the collegiate level. Remember, MIAA refs aren’t always the best, especially when calling the faceoff rules. The facts are, the Gilman fogo is whistle skittish and reminds me of an inner circle Jermy Rallo trained player. All the ref had to do was hold the whistle for a split second and the young Gilman fogo jumped. Rookie mistake. I will say with confidence that Lord Jermy Rallo was horrible. 6 years ago I heard Rallo tell players to cheat if they can’t win in hopes the refs don’t call it, and anticipate the whistle rather than play the whistle and develop good habits.[/quote]

Looks like somebody paid a lot of coaching fees and didnt get the results like they wanted, was it Rallo or your son ?[/quote]
I took my son to Rallo twice and then never again. My son is a D1 commit. Chris Mattes was very influential early on with my son as was Greg Gurenlian.
12,947 3,364,549 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous
Let's be honest, the football coach could probably go undefeated with the talent McDonogh has on the girls lax team. They just need someone to run practices and sub.
5,000 1,357,085 more...
Are we going to pretend that consistent coaching is why McDonogh is what it is, not the money, facilities, boarding and ability to just take the kids of out of state elite ncaa coaches and have them transfer in?

In all honesty, who couldn’t win consistently with those things?

As for public schools, AACo has those two dominant programs because it is the wealthiest section of the county, where lacrosse is king. 4/5 of your schedule is worthless blowout games against schools that can barely get 12 players to try out.

It’s almost as if $$ is the reason for success in both cases.

Taylor Cummings was able to pull it off at McDonogh, and so could Charlie Brown with Snoopy by his side!
5,000 1,357,085 more...
Re: Boys 2031 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
He was wearing my Harvard tie. Can you believe it? MY Harvard tie. Like oh, sure, HE went to Harvard.
398 100,170 more...
As a public school parent, this IAAM infighting makes me laugh. Every few years there is a new coach at each school that raises expectations and standing, only to fall back to earth and move on, or be moved on from, in favor of the next best thing. Rinse and repeat.

- Mac Ford. The savior 3 or 4 years ago, now he’s a bum according the parents.
- MG, the top coach in the IAAM 2 years ago. Now she is instructing hits on unsuspecting offensive players by goalies (who may or may not be required to be on the field), according to parents.
- BR, fantastic coach on at the precipice of elite at a school that came from the bottom. Moved on to another, down and out, school to raise their profile. He now has an apparent vendetta against both the teenage and related geriatric communities…
-RPCS-they run coaches out like it is a requirement for graduation…
- 5x… ok, you guys probably have a point with her.

The only IAAM team that has stayed consistently at the top, or very close to it, over the last 15 seasons is McDonogh. They are undoubtedly the gold standard in the Baltimore region, and really the country. Whereas, there are 6 or 7 publics that have consistently stayed at or near the top, Severa Park, Broadneck, Century, Manchester Valley, Hereford, Glenelg, Marriotts Ridge, even Dulaney.

What stands out on McD and those public teams, is consistent coaching. McD had Robinson for years, and upon his departure they fell a bit, got another consistent coach, and went back on top. In the last 15 years each of those publics have had mainly 1 or 2 coaches leading the way. The coaches developed culture and expectations and were given the time to build consistent winners, even if they had a .500 season along the way. That doesn’t happen in the IAAM. One .500 season, on to the next coach. ADs should follow the way of the Ravens and let the coaches build a program, otherwise it will continue to be a roller coaster ride to the Valley Inn…

On a side note, big fan of Molly Wolf, happy BM is letting her build something there.

By consistent you mean two new coaches since Robinson left (TC couldn't hack it so on to the next one like you say above, right?)
5,000 1,357,085 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
BOTC MAIN FORUM (LI, CT, WC) Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
It’s a 91 tournament and lions are not in it but their kids are paying $$$ to be in the tournament under a random team ???

Seems odd why pay 91 all the Tuition then

Bc when you pay tuition for 91- you only get to play in the designated 5 tournaments they enter. Nothing more. B coach doesn’t even make the practices let alone more tournaments than listed. So parents take it into their own hands to enter more
238 55,951 more...
I have no idea what happened at the game but I am aware of facts with regards to BR that you are choosing to ignore. He was thrown out of a game a few years ago and reprimanded by IAAM fro flipping out at the refs and yelling directly at an opposing player he then was suspended for his actions for the next game. I don’t remember any coach in the last 8 years in the IAAM getting suspended. As for his actions at GCS, there have been documented issues during his time there. Feel free to speak to any parent about why he wasn’t offered the head coaching or AD job. (Any parent of course that doesn’t care if their kid goes to Maryland of course). So again, if this is true(which it is) why is it hard to believe that he lashed out at girls again

LOL! Your “facts” are as bad as the SPSG people.
Bottom line is if any of the SPSG incident were even remotely true, BR would have been reprimanded in some way by Maryvale or the league. What is fact is MG and BR are not friends, they don’t like each other. SPSG doesn’t like to lose and it’s funny how when they do, there’s always an “incident” involved so that no one‘s talking about their loss, but instead talking about how they were wronged. Move on. It’s over. You didn’t win.

League asked the head of schools to vote on immediate removal - they all voted to abstain as it "isn't there issue - it is Maryvale's situation to handle". BR was lined up to replace outgoing AD at Maryvale as well - THAT IS ALL TOAST NOW! Looking for new program for daughter - head's up Spalding!
This storyline keeps getting more ridiculous. Keep going SPSG parent. Can’t wait for the playoff loss storyline against whatever school you lose to.
☝🏻
5,000 1,357,085 more...
Typical MSJ, not competitive in a game they should have been. Watching this for 2 years now and coaching staff has no clue. Players not being held accountable for messing up on the field, no adjustments after halftime, defense spotting other team 10 goals before getting off the bus, goalie is afraid of being hit by the ball. If we can see it from the stands, why can't coaches see it from the sideline. Parents have had it.

No adjustments after halfime? MSJ outscored Severn 5-2 in the 2nd half. MSJ changed goalies. Who isn't playing that should be?

Lack of clearing and offense possessing the ball/scoring led to way to many transition opportunities for Severn in 1st half. MSJ has been starting games slow. Goalie had 8-9 saves in 1st half, defense just had to defend way too many shots again.

8-9 saves...lol. what game were you watching. maybe 8-9 saves over the past 2 games.
12,947 3,364,549 more...
Mcd(-9.5)vs LB (+9.5)
Tech(-5.5) vs SP(+5.5)
BL (-12.5) vs STM (+12.5)
AS (-2.5) vs JC (+2.5)
Better odds:

LB (+1.5) @ Mcd (-1.5)
JC (+7) @ AS (-7)
BL (-9.5) @ Stm (+9.5)
SP (+3.5) @ GTech (-3.5)

My odds:

LB (+7) @ Mcd (-7)
JC (+12) @ AS (-12)
BL (-15) @ Stm (+15)
SP (+4) @ GTech (-4)
12,947 3,364,549 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
DCE gets killed by FCA. I would take FCA -4. DCE is allowing 9 goals per game including allowing 5 points by team 91 (possibly the worst offense in the division). Additionaly, both teams played the Hawks FCA allowed only 6 goals whereas DCE allowed 11. In 8th grade lacrosse you score what the other team let’s you score and DCE let’s the other team score a lot.

NL narrowly beats ML. ML is the exception that proves the rule great defense but underpowered offense. This game will produce a soccer score of 3-2 (possibly in double overtime) I would not bet this game.

The other games are pretty much a lock with the top of the division playing the bottom dwellers. However, the games will be much closer than expected as I think both the Crabs and Hawks will give significant field time to their bench players.

Ultimately I don’t think any of this matters as the Hawks have a mortal lock on the championship (but let’s hope I’m wrong) End of the season prediction:

1.Hawks
2. Crabs
3. FCA
4. NL
5. ML
6.DCE
7.Team 91
8. Team Money

Let’s see what happens w DCE and FCA. 2 games is not a trend for DCE— looking at their schedule, they’ve played 17 games and have only given up more than 7 goals 3x. And two of those were against top 5 teams in the country, Hawks and LE. Have seen them play a number of times, their back end defense is very legit. Something clearly gave way in the NL and Hawks games, but likely an anomaly.

Watched the ML/Crabs game this past weekend. Both teams have some talent. Crabs have one superstar at LAttack, Madlax has a good FOGO and some niece D players.

By the way, who did the Crabs lose their only game to a month ago 9-6? A motley crew of 17-18 DCE and NL kids coached by some dads. And it was a spanking. Don’t count out NL and DCE just yet. If NL handles Madlax, and I think they will, ML is the one on the outside looking in.
10,248 2,045,802 more...
Mcd(-9.5)vs LB (+9.5)
Tech(-5.5) vs SP(+5.5)
BL (-12.5) vs STM (+12.5)
AS (-2.5) vs JC (+2.5)
Better odds:

LB (+1.5) @ Mcd (-1.5)
JC (+7) @ AS (-7)
BL (-9.5) @ Stm (+9.5)
SP (+3.5) @ GTech (-3.5)
12,947 3,364,549 more...
Lines for todays action:
McD -3.5 vs LB (MIAA game of the week)
BL -8.5 vs StM
12,947 3,364,549 more...
Saturday will tell the story for MadLax. If they win, they are a playoff team, if they lose they are an 0-3 team whose fly ins will probably stop coming.
You only have half of the equation. If they win, and if FCA beats DCE— they have a chance. But they’ll be 1-3 after next weekend should they upset NL this weekend. Would need to win out.

Greater likelihood is what someone else suggested. they go to 0-4 next Sat and the flyins stay home

Wait, is there still time to change team names for this HOCO season? Asking for a friend.

Haaaaaaaa. Burrito Supreme, Moniments, and Capital have already been used. Will need to get more imaginative.

So it looks like the playoff picture will come down to two games, MadLax vs. Next Level this Saturday, and Madlax vs DCE on the last day. One of those three will get the last playoff spot. I don't see a scenario where Crabs, Hawks, and FCA do not make the playoffs, nor do I see a path where 91 or Team Money do make it. I expect there will be movement among those teams this summer as teams get set for HS, so how those teams perform against each other is big. Madlax families buy your plane tickets and book your hotels!

I am looking forward to hearing how the DCE vs. Madlax game goes with so much of the Madlax from last year moving over.

Could be a meaningless game if both teams are out of the playoffs— but will certainly matter to the boys playing the game!

Didn't several of those guys move to NL as well? Will get some of that this weekend.
Indeed. An attackman and LSM. And likely a couple more on the way when HoCo is done. There was plenty of spite already between these two teams.

MadLax players will only jump to Next Level if the Next Level team is perceived as an upgrade. If MadLax has a bunch of fly in superstars and they shred Next Level the way that Crabs shredded Next Level, then none of those players will go to Next Level. to the contrary, in that scenario NL players will be looking to jump to DC express. But if the Madlax fly-ins stop coming and it becomes a small depressing bunch who can't beat anyone, then their players definitely will be going to NL, and DCE too. everyone wants to be on the best team that they can for high school. that is one reason (among others) why 8th grade HoCo certainly does matter.

I don't know, I'm not a NL parent but my son has played against that team for years and my impression is that their roster has stayed largely intact over time. Most of those kids are going to go to high schools with good lacrosse programs that will give them plenty of exposure and my sense is that many of the families know each other and are pretty close, so I don't expect a mass exodus even if they're ranked outside the top 20 or 25 nationally.

I do think there will be some level of reshuffling as the DCE roster is pretty big, as they seemed to want to attract as many kids as possible and realized that they had to give out A team offers to bring people over (including the ML mutineer package deal), so probably over-rostered that team. I'm not sure where they will go though.

good observations. and I like the mutineer label, although you can hardly blame those families. if i were them I would not have waited until 8th grade for my mutiny!

They weren’t the first (11 kids from 2026 jumped to NL a year ago) and won’t be the last (it’s coming….)
10,248 2,045,802 more...
So Madlax had one game postponed to suit the coaches schedule. Seems fair. Then the makeup was canceled. Can’t imagine that is a coincidence. It seems like they are playing potential games with the standings. Not really sure that the bottom few would be affected, but that could definitely affect the middle/top of the standings. What’s the end game? Why was it not a forfeit? Oh that’s right because they’d be ineligible for post season playoffs after week 1. Maybe this is to insure the fly-ins still show up? If it’s canceled it doesn’t show up as a forfeit and ML IS eligible for playoffs. Middle of the pack should be keeping an eye on this.
10,248 2,045,802 more...
Typical MSJ, not competitive in a game they should have been. Watching this for 2 years now and coaching staff has no clue. Players not being held accountable for messing up on the field, no adjustments after halftime, defense spotting other team 10 goals before getting off the bus, goalie is afraid of being hit by the ball. If we can see it from the stands, why can't coaches see it from the sideline. Parents have had it.

No adjustments after halfime? MSJ outscored Severn 5-2 in the 2nd half. MSJ changed goalies. Who isn't playing that should be?

I thought MSJ was new and improved this year. This big influx of kids from HOCO. Size matters and that was the difference in this game. Severn was bigger and more physical.
12,947 3,364,549 more...
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous
No homework neccessary; I have never claimed to know (or disrecpect) any team that I'm no familair with.
Glad to hear that Somers is playing against the correct level too.
3,945 1,910,523 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous
Just saw Haverford GA played yesterday… 20-0 final.

GA has been outscored 108-5 in last 6 games.
3,189 1,017,546 more...
Southside is one of the best teams on LI.
3,945 1,910,523 more...

I agree with the post above, adjustments were made at halftime. I think the most obvious change needed is goalie.
12,947 3,364,549 more...
Saturday will tell the story for MadLax. If they win, they are a playoff team, if they lose they are an 0-3 team whose fly ins will probably stop coming.
You only have half of the equation. If they win, and if FCA beats DCE— they have a chance. But they’ll be 1-3 after next weekend should they upset NL this weekend. Would need to win out.

Greater likelihood is what someone else suggested. they go to 0-4 next Sat and the flyins stay home

Wait, is there still time to change team names for this HOCO season? Asking for a friend.

Haaaaaaaa. Burrito Supreme, Moniments, and Capital have already been used. Will need to get more imaginative.

So it looks like the playoff picture will come down to two games, MadLax vs. Next Level this Saturday, and Madlax vs DCE on the last day. One of those three will get the last playoff spot. I don't see a scenario where Crabs, Hawks, and FCA do not make the playoffs, nor do I see a path where 91 or Team Money do make it. I expect there will be movement among those teams this summer as teams get set for HS, so how those teams perform against each other is big. Madlax families buy your plane tickets and book your hotels!

I am looking forward to hearing how the DCE vs. Madlax game goes with so much of the Madlax from last year moving over.

Could be a meaningless game if both teams are out of the playoffs— but will certainly matter to the boys playing the game!

Didn't several of those guys move to NL as well? Will get some of that this weekend.
Indeed. An attackman and LSM. And likely a couple more on the way when HoCo is done. There was plenty of spite already between these two teams.

MadLax players will only jump to Next Level if the Next Level team is perceived as an upgrade. If MadLax has a bunch of fly in superstars and they shred Next Level the way that Crabs shredded Next Level, then none of those players will go to Next Level. to the contrary, in that scenario NL players will be looking to jump to DC express. But if the Madlax fly-ins stop coming and it becomes a small depressing bunch who can't beat anyone, then their players definitely will be going to NL, and DCE too. everyone wants to be on the best team that they can for high school. that is one reason (among others) why 8th grade HoCo certainly does matter.

I don't know, I'm not a NL parent but my son has played against that team for years and my impression is that their roster has stayed largely intact over time. Most of those kids are going to go to high schools with good lacrosse programs that will give them plenty of exposure and my sense is that many of the families know each other and are pretty close, so I don't expect a mass exodus even if they're ranked outside the top 20 or 25 nationally.

I do think there will be some level of reshuffling as the DCE roster is pretty big, as they seemed to want to attract as many kids as possible and realized that they had to give out A team offers to bring people over (including the ML mutineer package deal), so probably over-rostered that team. I'm not sure where they will go though.

good observations. and I like the mutineer label, although you can hardly blame those families. if i were them I would not have waited until 8th grade for my mutiny!
10,248 2,045,802 more...
EA @ SCHA (-1.5)
O/U 17
SCHA has only defeated EA one time in program history (2016). Anchored by their FO and G, are they poised to party like its 2016? Vegas thinks so:
SCHA 9 EA 8

GA @ Haverford (-17)
O/U 19
Fun Fact: GA has been outscored 88 to 5 in their last 5 games. Today is much of the same:
Haverford 18 GA 1

Malvern (-11) @ PC
O/U 19
Malvern gets off to a relatively slow start after sitting in traffic on 76 for 30 minutes on a Friday. They all have to pee in the bushes before they haphazardly get dressed and warm up. PC Goalie stands on his head – but then the inevitable flood gates open on yet another snooze fest from the “Best League in PA”
Malvern 14 PC 4
3,189 1,017,546 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous
Second only to Manhasset. Woodstick Saturday series is 76-63
10,701 4,196,998 more...
Marple moving to #1 in country?
3,189 1,017,546 more...
Weekend picks:

Somers at South Side (on long Island) Going w/ Somers, since SS is not recognizable school)

Suffern at Blind Brook Suffern
Sleepy Hollow at Irvington, Irv
Ossining at Clarkstown South CS

Saturday's Marquee games

Yorktown at Wilton, Wilton, sorry TS.
Bronxville at Greenwich: Greenwich, sorry BB.
Pelham at Tappan Zee: TZ, could be a good game.

.* there are other games, but non-region opponents are not listed on lohud, so those games get passed over.

Mahopac at Byram Hills: BH, but wouldn’t be surprised if Pac wins.
Clarkstown North at Brewster Brew
Clarkstown South at Harrison: CS
Eastchester at Hen Hud HH
Rye Neck vs. Yonkers at Roosevelt RN, if not, JC better take over.
Hastings at Sleepy Hollow: SH
New Rochelle at White Plains: WP
Putnam Valley vs. Dobbs Ferry: PV
Briarcliff at Westlake: West

Do your homework on South Side, and then come back and edit your pick.
3,945 1,910,523 more...
Re: Boys 2025-11th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
Seen some d2 commitments lately. I assume more will come as the college season comes to an end?
392 67,539 more...
Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Today's Visitors
9 members (Anonymous2027, JimSection1, lax516, BiggLax, abowden, Team BOTC, cltlax, TheBackOfTheCage, Devildog), 5,021 guests, and 4,799 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod