BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MARYLAND FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Next level score?

10-5 Next Level
2,489 531,468 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous
McDonogh squeaks by JC in overtime!
5,013 1,360,865 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
I saw the crabs insta feed and that very good lefty attack ate ML goalie for lunch while he was inside and outside the cage. I can't imagine the ML parents were happy with that post. I don't have a dog in the fight, but know both those teams well.

Re ML v NL: aside from ML's FO guy, who is good and travels from way out of town and 2 good lefty middies and decent defense, I don't see how they are going to beat NL. NL has an equally good FO player, if not better, very good mids and LSMs and far better attack and goalie.

Maybe NL flops, which is known to happen, but ML is no powerhouse team. Certain players never seem to come off the field that should and the coaching.....well, we all know the nonsense on the sidelines.
You mean the Crabs lefty who started at Crabs, went to FCA, held back and then back to Crabs....oh yeah....solid!

He's the new, most-obvious holdback flavor of the week. I'm sure the kids parents are very proud of their 15 year old.

Layoff the kid and his family. Holdback whining is done for 2028s. HoCo rules allow 15 year olds to play. And it helps the on age 14 and 13 year olds get ready to play against much older kids next year.

Yeah the on age kid(s) cut to make room for him are really getting a hand up from club lax. They'll be so much more ready for HS now!
10,255 2,049,542 more...
Team 91s Zone defense is stifling!! Way to go Coach, teaching 8th graders to give up BEFORE the game.

He'll be coaching them at THS next spring, the positive flow of his squad winning 6 games in the last 5 years really projects well into HS and college eliteness.
10,255 2,049,542 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous
Saw an Apex Lax video about the Gilman FO kid seems like the real deal

Hi Chris!!! Hope all is well!!

Outside of the Severn Kid there isn’t much completion at the Dot in the MIAA. May be the worst group in a long time, so anyone with some talent will look like the real deal.

St Pauls Parent here,

After watching the gilman vs severn game I can tell you that this is not the case. The sophomore went to battle with the senior and may not have been exactly 50% but was right there. Kids got a promising future ahead of him.[/quote]
I think the Gilman FOGO jumped offsides 10 times and was called for at least 6-7 of those 10. The Gilman fogo racked up penalties for jumping early and lining up illegally in both half’s of the game vs. Severn. Elite players don’t do this. I would not call this holding his own or even close to 50/50. These kind of 101 mistakes will not transition well at the collegiate level. Remember, MIAA refs aren’t always the best, especially when calling the faceoff rules. The facts are, the Gilman fogo is whistle skittish and reminds me of an inner circle Jermy Rallo trained player. All the ref had to do was hold the whistle for a split second and the young Gilman fogo jumped. Rookie mistake. I will say with confidence that Lord Jermy Rallo was horrible. 6 years ago I heard Rallo tell players to cheat if they can’t win in hopes the refs don’t call it, and anticipate the whistle rather than play the whistle and develop good habits.[/quote]

Looks like somebody paid a lot of coaching fees and didnt get the results like they wanted, was it Rallo or your son ?[/quote]
I took my son to Rallo twice and then never again. My son is a D1 commit. Chris Mattes was very influential early on with my son as was Greg Gurenlian.[/quote]

Ruallo currently coaches varsity FOGOs for McD, Landon, GP, Gonzaga, CHC, Loyola, MSJ, Gilman to name a few. You could accuse him of a lot of things but incompetence to train FOGOs isn't one.
12,959 3,369,210 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Typical MSJ, not competitive in a game they should have been. Watching this for 2 years now and coaching staff has no clue. Players not being held accountable for messing up on the field, no adjustments after halftime, defense spotting other team 10 goals before getting off the bus, goalie is afraid of being hit by the ball. If we can see it from the stands, why can't coaches see it from the sideline. Parents have had it.

No adjustments after halfime? MSJ outscored Severn 5-2 in the 2nd half. MSJ changed goalies. Who isn't playing that should be?

Lack of clearing and offense possessing the ball/scoring led to way to many transition opportunities for Severn in 1st half. MSJ has been starting games slow. Goalie had 8-9 saves in 1st half, defense just had to defend way too many shots again.

8-9 saves...lol. what game were you watching. maybe 8-9 saves over the past 2 games.

Watch the film the defense can’t cover their men and #18 hits but cannot stay with man and looks lost. The goalie is doing the best he can. Coaches must see this seriously make adjustments.
Must be the goalie’s parents who blame every loss on anyone but him. They did make adjustments, at your son’s position. And MSJ won the second half because of it.

Sounds like some MSJ drama
12,959 3,369,210 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM (LI, CT, WC) Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
All B teams in Spring Lax Jam? Where were AA and A teams this weekend?

Aren’t the Jesters Black AA ? They were in a the tournament and lost to this team Supreme Elite.

I don’t really consider them a true AA
238 56,134 more...
The BL kid is also a full year older than a lot of seniors. But yes, he’s tiny. He’s gonna struggle in D1 with his tiny frame. He’s about to turn 19…. His growth spurt days are likely cover

I believe the severn fogo is 17 and won’t turn 18 until late summer after his first college summer classes. 😳

Nothing to see here, MIAA has many college Freshman age players and lets not go down that rabbit hole of overage for grade holdbacks playing. Good news is, that all teams have them, so it somewhat evens out, ,,,,,well depending on the out of state players you have.
12,959 3,369,210 more...
Shifting the conversation from crying in the corner over your kid not making a team or not getting time because of all those double holdbacks in 7th grade…

Thoughts on today’s games?

FCA gets a win
Hawks, struggling?
LTLC over Madlax, big upset?

How about just asking for opinions and talking about the games instead of throwing in your comment and justification for having your son play down instead of playing with other children his own age. Yea, lets not talk about your son playing down,
2,489 531,468 more...
Re: Boys 2032-4th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
91 on the rise next season, a game changing group of kids coming over.

Thanks, P. We all know who is trying to get Igloo kids to go over to 91 and the manhasset crew. Amazing how these "Top" teams need to recruit players from other teams and if they cant, go out of state. And this is the teams your spending money to "develop" and teach your kids life lessons.
359 62,701 more...
Next level score?
2,489 531,468 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous
Salesianum is an incredible team. I don’t think anyone is surprised they won but they won by that much. I don’t have a dog in either fight but did Radnor have some injuries?
3,198 1,019,051 more...
Actually correct. After this season, which ends on August 31, 2024, US Club Lacrosse will not verify ages for the 2029s. Not sure what HoCo’s rules will be, but as for Club Lacrosse, holdbacks will once again be allowed.

I was under the impression that it wasn’t until Aug 1st 2025 for this grade. I could be wrong just what I was told.
I was under the impression that the rule applies to 2029 class and beyond— in perpetuity. That would be senseless if they make kids go back to where they belong for one year, and then “reclass” again next year and go right back to where they were. Talk about semantics.
Of course it's all semantics. The worst part is the whole intent was window dressing to stop the whining and it didn't even work. People just love complaining too much.

The HoCo League has a two year spread at 8th grade presumably so kids don't lose a whole season due to this incredibly well thought out rule change.

Amazing that somehow lacrosse survived for all those years when youth was age based... But now, we need to accommodate holdbacks. LOL
Or just let kids play with their classmates and have fun and stop worrying about the hyper competitive over-involved parental whining.

Of course, we need to accommodate private school holdbacks who need to play down with their classmates, while other boys born on the holdbacks birthday must play on age.

All seem to be fine for many years until " hyper competitive over-involved parental whining " by private school holdback parents and clubs decided that we need to let these holdbacks play down their entire time while playing youth lacrosse. Not just 8th grade as you are worried about.
2,489 531,468 more...
Is no one going to talk about how those grizzlies defeated ndp on their senior day. How bout them grizzlies! #combackseason

Way to go ladies!!!
It’s not that impressive. NDP is not good this year.
5,013 1,360,865 more...

Aren’t the Jesters Black AA ? They were in a the tournament and lost to this team Supreme Elite.
238 56,134 more...
Aren’t the Jesters Black a AA team ?
238 56,134 more...
Good Counsel wins big again. Might be time to challenge McD to an end of year rematch.

Go talk about it on your DC Mommy forum

McD will be lucky to end the season in a 4 way tie for 1st place.
No one wants to play Good Counsel. Their field looks like a Howard County rec complex.
Trashy.
Good Counsel is nothing more than a scrimmage for IAAM teams, hence the reason why games with them are scheduled as such. Go play in your mediocre conference against teams you only hear about when they play IAAM teams.
5,013 1,360,865 more...
91 can’t develop. Will bring in new kids! What they really need is a real coach. The other teams got far better then them over the winter.
359 62,701 more...
91 on the rise next season, a game changing group of kids coming over.
359 62,701 more...
238 56,134 more...
The BL kid is also a full year older than a lot of seniors. But yes, he’s tiny. He’s gonna struggle in D1 with his tiny frame. He’s about to turn 19…. His growth spurt days are likely cover

I believe the severn fogo is 17 and won’t turn 18 until late summer after his first college summer classes. 😳
12,959 3,369,210 more...
Shifting the conversation from crying in the corner over your kid not making a team or not getting time because of all those double holdbacks in 7th grade…

Thoughts on today’s games?

FCA gets a win
Hawks, struggling?
LTLC over Madlax, big upset?
2,489 531,468 more...
Gilman fogo has lost close to 90% the past two games. He is not and will not be a top D1 recruit.
Gilman fogo has lost close to 90% the past two games. He is not and will not be a top D1 recruit.

Who cares if he does. He won’t be impactful going early the way that he does. He is mediocre at best for now.
12,959 3,369,210 more...
Good Counsel wins big again. Might be time to challenge McD to an end of year rematch.

Go talk about it on your DC Mommy forum

McD will be lucky to end the season in a 4 way tie for 1st place.
No one wants to play Good Counsel. Their field looks like a Howard County rec complex.
Trashy.
5,013 1,360,865 more...
Can the DCE parents finally realize that they are not good?

Or will they still make notIntelligent predictions on this board about their self annointed greatness….

Madlax will smoke DCE.

You sound salty that ML lost again. Delusions of grandeur!
10,255 2,049,542 more...
Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Today's Visitors
8 members (Team BOTC, Thirdy@BOTC, abowden, JimSection1, TheBackOfTheCage, BiggLax, Anonymous2027, lax516), 5,000 guests, and 3,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod